PDA

View Full Version : Celina?

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 01:14 AM
ok i got a couple questions..

where is celina? :thinking:

what kinda offense?

just some basic knowledge on a team that hopefully LH will be facing up against next week! :confused:

kepdawg
12-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Celina is in the middle of nowhere.

Celina runs the spread with an empty backfield.

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Celina is in the middle of nowhere.

Celina runs the spread with an empty backfield. :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hansum Stranger
12-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

where is celina? :thinking:

North of Frisco on HWY 289.

If this helps any last year Wimberley played Gainesville at Waco ISD. Wimberley is somewhat close to LH and Celina is somewhat close to Gainesville.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 09:47 AM
I heard Celina runs an offense out of the punt formation!!:eek:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I heard Celina runs an offense out of the punt formation!!:eek:

They must mix it up because I heard they run out of the kickoff formation!

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 09:53 AM
...just some basic knowledge on a team that hopefully LH will be facing up against next week! :confused:

That is a big hope. Even with LH playing well, I think this is your last week of football. Hondo is playing well too.

So, Celina is one game through Hondo with a right turn at Vernon.

Celina runs an offense that just wears out defenses! :D

Here is some more basic info.
- Celina is a very small 3A school.
- Celina suits up about 100 players. (impressive to watch running out on the field through the victory line!)
- Celina kids are mostly robot.
- Celina shuts down offenses.
- Celina looks really cool in their solid orange uniforms.
- Celina is the best coached high school football team I have ever seen.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
They must mix it up because I heard they run out of the kickoff formation! I also heard taht the whole Celina team were extra's in T3 as the robots :eek: Ironic? I think not!

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Celina's offense passes a little and runs a little. They usually play on a short field but this back from Vernon concerns me. I hear he justs runs over people. I don't know if we can stop him. The "D" has been successful stopping real fast running backs and all these teams with all this speed so far. We will see Saturday if Celina can slow down Whiteside and Vernon enough to eek out a win. ;)

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
That is a big hope. Even with LH playing well, I think this is your last week of football. Hondo is playing well too.

- Celina suits up about 100 players. (impressive to watch running out on the field through the victory line!)

Ask Giddings how easy it is to handle LH's Slot T?

we wore out Giddings Defense in the second quarter :D

And we'll have to see who plays next week, cause we're playing Hondo.. and everyone on this board knows that Wimberley felt good about their odds on that one, but Hondo put it to them. Lh was perdicted to get ran all over..and DIDN'T.

so ya never know????

VERNONLION#1
12-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Celina's offense passes a little and runs a little. They usually play on a short field but this back from Vernon concerns me. I hear he justs runs over people. I don't know if we can stop him. The "D" has been successful stopping real fast running backs and all these teams with all this speed so far. We will see Saturday if Celina can slow down Whiteside and Vernon enough to eek out a win. ;)

Nice. I have to respect your comments.:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Ask Giddings how easy it is to handle LH's Slot T?

we wore out Giddings Defense in the second quarter :D

And we'll have to see who plays next week, cause we're playing Hondo.. and everyone on this board knows that Wimberley felt good about their odds on that one, but Hondo put it to them. Lh was perdicted to get ran all over..and DIDN'T.

so ya never know????

There is a certain amount of predictability. Celina runs the number 1 d in 3a. Celina held Bboro with what they say is a 4.3
back to 95 yards passing and 32 yards rushing. By quarter that is
about 90 in the first, 26 in the second, and 11 total yards in the second half.

Offense is multiple from veer to pro set to I set to 4 receiver set(which we used against Bboro for 188 yards passing) AND shotgun with one back and empty backfield. We generally take what a D gives. The D generally stops most people. PF 573 PA 104. We have a good team with only one or two standouts with some depth. We suit about 100 kids for the playoffs and we definetly have a lot of fun. Our motto-"BLOCK, TACKLE, EXECUTE."

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 11:27 AM
dang. now thats a versitile offense..very nice thanks for the info guys :)

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 11:29 AM
dang. now thats a versitile offense..very nice thanks for the info guys :) not a problem.....BEWARE OF THE KICK RETURN OFFENSE!!!! IT'S MORE DEADLY THAN THE PUNT OFFENSE AND KICKOFF OFFENSE

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 11:33 AM
dang. now thats a versitile offense..very nice thanks for the info guys :)

What kind of D does LH run?

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
What kind of D does LH run? LH runs a 'Good D' defense so to say :D:D:D:D:D

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 11:38 AM
very nice i was about to say the same thing :)

it really varies from week to week..we really stick to our assignments and hit very hard ( forced Fitzhenry to fumble twice yesterday )

we might not be the most intimidating defense but if you've seen Giddings play..we held them scoreless through three quarters if that kinda gives you an idea?

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 11:42 AM
very nice i was about to say the same thing :)

it really varies from week to week..we really stick to our assignments and hit very hard ( forced Fitzhenry to fumble twice yesterday )

we might not be the most intimidating defense but if you've seen Giddings play..we held them scoreless through three quarters if that kinda gives you an idea?

Well, I hoped that Giddings would have been the team we faced.
Any one dimensional team can be stopped by a team of lesser talent if they play well as a team. I think the 10 -1 would have
been used some and some 5-2. I believe we would have held them to maybe 2 scores and less than 150 yards rushing. They
could run but they could not hide. Just the kind of O we like to see. That is of course assuming we both got there. But first Vernon. A power running team that plays country fair defense. I have never seen them play but I know that won't out run us like
the last 3 teams. That Shawnbrey Mcneal from Madison is fast.
State record holder and 2 time 3a champ in the 100. Held him to
23 hards on 11 carries. Buker from Canton 36 yards on 10 carries. And ricco from Bboro, another burner, 26 yards on 17 carries with 9 for losses. Our secondary is good two with 7 picks in the last 3 games.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 11:45 AM
well you're in luck then.

im guessing you arn't that fimiliar with the Liberty Hill SLOT T ?

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Somewhat. It is a good misdirection offense.

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I like Celina's chances against any of the teams left.

For about a quarter in the Brownsboro game I thought I was going to actually see a game. But as it turned out it was just Celina kids thinking too much, and not following through.

Unless it is the Celina team just being worn out with the long season, I am betting Vernon does not get to enjoy those same miscues.

So one at a time please! :eek:

WildTexan
12-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Right now in Celina I doubt there is a single person concerned about the SLOT T from LH....(if the O was swapped for a U I'd be all for finding out about it, however)....

We happen to be the type that knows the other team does not matter until they (and we) make it to the game....I had looked forward to seeing a very storied Cuero team play finally, but they did not make it....I had hoped we could play and beat Sugarwater to show them who really had the weak season, but they did not make it.....then maybe some Snyder just cause I thought those Superman S's looked kinda cool, but they did not make it....then Wimberly since they were D1 champs last year, but they did not make it.....we all discuss the possible foes each week, but we don't worry much about who it is since we are not involved in who does the work to get there, so each week we play who gets there, then rush home to read the game stories here to see who is up next.....

If we beat the maroon, and I think we will, then we will either play the team some say had the best schedule in the state, or we play a 15-0 team from way off....either way we will enjoy the ride....

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
im sorry wild texan, i was just asked about our defense and offense and was asking if anyone knew about our offense?

i find it ironic how you say that you shouldnt look ahead..yet you say that you should beat Vernon :confused:

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
im sorry wild texan, i was just asked about our defense and offense and was asking if anyone knew about our offense?

i find it ironic how you say that you shouldnt look ahead..yet you say that you should beat Vernon :confused:

So could you answer the question about your base D? We Celinians tend to be Defense first kind of people. We figure our d is going to win most of their battles so we wonder what our O is going to have to face.:o

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
i said earlier and in all honestly we really dont have one single base D.

our defensive coach likes to throw alot of things at opposing teams, he varies to whatever type of offense we are playing.

if i had to say one id say a four three maybe??

i just dont know..sorry boys.

who have ya'll played this year? big time wins? etc.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:05 PM
i was just curious bc its been on my mind for the past month. and since there is a possibility that the two might meet i figured i'd ask some questions about you celinians? haha i like that one.

we're just hillbillies :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
we're just hillbillies :rolleyes:
:p Hey, my name isn't Billie. ;)

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
gee wilikers :eek:

im sorry ;)

Matthew328
12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
I'd love to see Celina vs. Liberty Hill just to see the Slot T go against the 10-1...

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
i dont like the sound of a 10-1 :mad:

but its nothing we haven't seen before..and we still continue to wear people down pretty efficiently so we'll see?

first things first is beating a really good HONDO team!

L H H S !!

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 02:53 PM
i said earlier and in all honestly we really dont have one single base D.

our defensive coach likes to throw alot of things at opposing teams, he varies to whatever type of offense we are playing.

if i had to say one id say a four three maybe??

i just dont know..sorry boys.

who have ya'll played this year? big time wins? etc.
Fri 12/01/06 vs Canton 392 8 5 W 35 6 playoff
Fri 11/24/06 vs Dal Madison 239 10 1 W 43 6 playoff
Fri 11/17/06 vs Ford 599 5 6 W 35 7 playoff
Fri 11/10/06 at Whitesboro 631 4 6 W 34 9
Fri 11/03/06 Prosper 365 8 3 W 35 7
Fri 10/27/06 Bonham 730 2 8 W 58 0
Fri 10/20/06 at Van Alstyne 670 2 8 W 49 7
Fri 10/13/06 Pilot Pt 374 8 5 W 51 6
Fri 10/06/06 vs Wakeland 744 2 7 W 41 7
Fri 09/29/06 Princeton 473 6 4 W 59 0
Fri 09/15/06 Prestonwood Chr -- 0 2 W 28 7
Fri 09/08/06 Liberty Chr 107 2 1 W 28 14
Fri 09/01/06 vs Robinson 79 11 2 W 42 14

Last weeks game may qualify as the biggest although Madison was equally tough. Bboro had speed all over the field at the WR
spots and in the D backfield. Good lines and a pair of solid linebackers and Ricco with real speed to burn as their go to guy.
I think they wound up with 126 yards. 11 total in the second half.

Dallas Madison with Shawnbrey mcneal(current 3a 100
meter champ of the last 2 years and a one man wrecking crew),
Liberty Christian, playing for the state championship in their div
next week, and Robinson also playing in the 3a d1 final next week. Of course we did not know those early games were against such good teams but they sure were good. Liberty Christian was especially surprising. Great D. They have pitched 5 or 6 shutouts this year. Still winning with both the first and second string QB's out with acl tears.

icu812
12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Celina is the best team I've seen since the 2003 Atlanta team. I was impressed after the Canton game and left the BB game wondering who can beat these guys? I don't see any misdirection offense giving Celina trouble. I really don't see any offense giving Celina trouble unless SLC comes to town. On offense they can run and pass equally well. Heck they go to their 2nd and 3rd string rb's and qb's and don't miss a beat. Individually they are not that impressive but what a TEAM. The best coached team you will ever see. Geez......I knew I shouldn't have drank the orange kool-aid at the stadium!

Congrats to Brownsboro on a impressive season.

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Celina is the best team I've seen since the 2003 Atlanta team. I was impressed after the Canton game and left the BB game wondering who can beat these guys? I don't see any misdirection offense giving Celina trouble. I really don't see any offense giving Celina trouble unless SLC comes to town. On offense they can run and pass equally well. Heck they go to their 2nd and 3rd string rb's and qb's and don't miss a beat. Individually they are not that impressive but what a TEAM. The best coached team you will ever see. Geez......I knew I shouldn't have drank the orange kool-aid at the stadium!

Congrats to Brownsboro on a impressive season.
icu812 if I was from another town, I would agree to the letter with what you said about no stars but my oh my what a team. The backups are pretty salty also. Heck I missed out on the orange kool-aid. :D

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:08 PM
is this ya'lls first year in 3a?

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
They were 3A alignment before last also.

CelinaCatFan
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
It's not our first stint in 3A. We moved up to 3A prior to the last realignment for 2 years and then moved back down to 2A. This is our second go at 3A football.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
is this ya'lls first year in 3a?

No we were in 2002 and 2003. Had subpar teams comared to the
previous years and last 2 years. Lost to Gainesville 3a champ team, Gilmer region finals team, and daingefield state semis team.
Just too slow on D. In the last 132 games we have lost 4 and those were 3 of them. The other was to 2004 state champs Crawford.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
ah i see.

so in the last decade or so your only losses are to 2 state champ and basically 2 regional champs?

all of those ended the season i suppose?

so ya'll have had quite a bit of undefeated regular seasons lol

very impressive.

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I think that is what I said didn't I? Realignment before the last one. The last one Celina was 2A. The one before Celina was 3A.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Do I hear an echo in here. here. here. here.

Matthew328
12-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I think Celina has lost maybe 5 games the past 7 or so years??

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think Celina has lost maybe 5 games the past 7 or so years??

4 since week 7 of 98. That was when we started the 68 game winning streak and 4 straight titles. Man there were some good games in that. That 2000 Mart game when Quan Cosby was still
at school was outrageous. G A Moore said he thought it was his
greatest win. Mart was on a 40 game streak and we were on a 30. What a game. 21 17 and no room to spare.

DU_stud04
12-10-2006, 03:25 PM
im starting to think celina is gonna make me upset this year...... :(

(i had them being blown out in the playoffs at the beginning of the season)

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:30 PM
sorry.

just wanted to say that im impressed with all the stats and the win streaks. that's all.

you celinians are a very proud folk...

but win streaks and titles and stats from the last decade does nothing for me..

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:33 PM
sorry.

just wanted to say that im impressed with all the stats and the win streaks. that's all.

you celinians are a very proud folk...

but win streaks and titles and stats from the last decade does nothing for me..

I agree entirely. But when you were a part of it. I had girls in school. Drill team and band. Naturally we went to a few games.
The only thing that counts now is the current win streak. 30 and going. Just kidding........:doh: Well in a way it matters. In as much as we have to win or go home. But I will never count a region 1 team out. I have seen to much MOJO and other stuff.
I was region 1 in the 70's when I was in school. I still love it and
my folks are still there.

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
LOL! Well, I guess we are all set for a crow eating session.

Daddy D 11, how do you like it served? :hand:

CelinaCatFan
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Celina is 176-10 since the beginning of the 1994 season with 6 state titles. Hopefully..we can make it 7 (since 1994) this year. However, I'm certainly not counting my chickens...We have a VERY tough game against Vernon this week! One game at a time...block, tackle, execute!

What a feat it would be to have won 8 state titles (including 1974 state title)!

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:36 PM
oh i can imagine! being a part of something like that must be a great thing to experience!

but if i may be a hypocrite:

LIBERTY HILL has the number ONE rated offense in the state.

CELINA has the number ONE rated defense in the state.

intresting :thinking:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:38 PM
LOL! Well, I guess we are all set for a crow eating session.

Daddy D 11, how do you like it served? :hand:

never once have i said anything about LH beating CELINA.

for all we know both teams could be dribbling next week?

you get your feathers all ruffled way way to fast! :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
oh i can imagine! being a part of something like that must be a great thing to experience!

intresting :thinking:

Well we are to LH yet. Vernon is next and I am not looking anywhere. Besides Hondo still has a say and beat a very good
probably better than them Wimberely team. Never say never and never look beyond. BTW I keep up with the stats. LH has the number 25 D and we have the number 4 O. I uses Masseys and Maxpreps most of the time. Statistics have a magic all there own'
But they never won a game

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
OK OK.

its all fun and games Celinian's!

i wanted to joke around and be a hypocrite and throw some POINTLESS stats out there :)

STATS MEAN NOTHING

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 03:49 PM
...you get your feathers all ruffled way way to fast! :D

No feathers ruffled on this bird . . . I just like your unimpressedness (is that a word?).

That plus all of us Celinian's (as you put it) puffupedness makes it fun.

It sets up a little black bird pie fest. :D

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 03:57 PM
ah i see.

so in the last decade or so your only losses are to 2 state champ and basically 2 regional champs?

all of those ended the season i suppose?

so ya'll have had quite a bit of undefeated regular seasons lol

very impressive.

READ my posts benny
:D

Ranger Mom
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:p Hey, my name isn't Billie. ;)

I knew all the women in LH had the same name...but I didn't think it was Billie!!;) :p :D

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 04:03 PM
now that's funny!

:clap:

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 04:06 PM
READ my posts benny
:D

What? That wasn't sarcasm? :confused:

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
LOL! my bad :rolleyes:

charlesrixey
12-10-2006, 06:00 PM
wow there are a lot of bad stats on here

Celina has won 6 titles since 95, not 94

their consecutive 10-win season streak started in 1994 (11-1)

In the 2000 state game, Mart had a 30 game win streak (13-1 in98, 15-0 in 99 (789 points scored), 15-0 going into the title game)

Celina had a 40-game win streak (loss to Pilot Point in week 7, 14-2, 99-16-0, 00 -15-0)

as far as whatever discussion is taking place in this thread, Celina and everyone else have a lot of great fans who take pride in the success of their teams. If you are in the semifinals and you are not confident, it is just as dangerous as being too much so

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
You surely will see it....and chances are your D will be the ones getting wore down...they will spend a long long time on the field. :)

Madison spent 38 minutes on D

BBorro spent most of the 2nd half on D and most of the 2nd quarter.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Amazing history, impressive stats, quality wins. Celina has all that. What about Vernon? Who is that? Vernon who?

Well I have watched Vernon all year. From seeing them destroy a top ranked Oklahoma 5A school to getting whipped by Midland Christian.

After reading these posts about Celina (I have never seen them play) and their impressive history I doubt that they take the Lions as a serious threat. 5 losses combined with two playoff games that they won by a mere touchdown is hardly imposing. Heck we have only won one state championship and it was in 1990 before some of these posters were even alive.

They have seen back after impressive back, week after week, and expect the same from Whiteside. They expect that they will shut him down. He is not all that speedy and Vernon's O-line is not all that big, heck our defense has given up so many points it is a wonder that we are even in the playoffs. Heck we just squeaked in thanks to some luck and a weak district and then we have just had some playoff magic some how some way to get us this far. Now that is amazing!!!

I have no idea about how the actual Celina football players feel. Generally current players rarely post here for obvious reasons. I can only hope that they are like some of the fans on here and are looking forward to playing in the state game.

With Vernon being such an underdog if we lose it is expected. No big deal just another great back that was stopped just like the rest; however, should Vernon win I will be dishing out the foulest smelling Crow that this downlow has seen since 2002 when I joined.

So keep talking about Liberty Hill and or Hondo and pay no mind to Vernon.

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 06:41 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

intresting

Offense wins games..Defense wins championships

RMAC
12-11-2006, 02:46 AM

As for that last part, you must not have seen the '04 Wylie team.

Daddy D 11
12-11-2006, 08:11 AM
if offense wins games then wouldn't you win a championship??? :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 09:03 AM
if offense wins games then wouldn't you win a championship??? :D

No because we believe that games occur before the playoffs.
Once the playoffs begin you are playing for championships. However in defense of Celina, I think we believe that offense is good for practice, but Defense is good for everything. I wish I could be at practice today. Monday is the day that the coaches explain what is going to happen. I will see some of it but will miss
the line work at the beginning.

GWOOD
12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Amazing history, impressive stats, quality wins. Celina has all that. What about Vernon? Who is that? Vernon who?

Well I have watched Vernon all year. From seeing them destroy a top ranked Oklahoma 5A school to getting whipped by Midland Christian.

After reading these posts about Celina (I have never seen them play) and their impressive history I doubt that they take the Lions as a serious threat. 5 losses combined with two playoff games that they won by a mere touchdown is hardly imposing. Heck we have only won one state championship and it was in 1990 before some of these posters were even alive.

They have seen back after impressive back, week after week, and expect the same from Whiteside. They expect that they will shut him down. He is not all that speedy and Vernon's O-line is not all that big, heck our defense has given up so many points it is a wonder that we are even in the playoffs. Heck we just squeaked in thanks to some luck and a weak district and then we have just had some playoff magic some how some way to get us this far. Now that is amazing!!!

I have no idea about how the actual Celina football players feel. Generally current players rarely post here for obvious reasons. I can only hope that they are like some of the fans on here and are looking forward to playing in the state game.

With Vernon being such an underdog if we lose it is expected. No big deal just another great back that was stopped just like the rest; however, should Vernon win I will be dishing out the foulest smelling Crow that this downlow has seen since 2002 when I joined.

So keep talking about Liberty Hill and or Hondo and pay no mind to Vernon.

LOL. Z, you've got to expect some of this. There's going to be a lot of questions about a team coming into the playoffs with 5 losses. There are quite a few of us fans from different placeswho had questions and doubts but now we are believers.

I am waiting patiently until next week when this Celina team--great and mighty that it is, without any weaknesses--gets out on the field with Vernon. Celina may be who these guys say they are. They may be up there as one of the greatest group of athletes assembled on one team in 3A.

But, I too will be around having some fun if Vernon takes them down to the wire and especially if Vernon pulls out the victory.

kaorder1999
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
not a problem.....BEWARE OF THE KICK RETURN OFFENSE!!!! IT'S MORE DEADLY THAN THE PUNT OFFENSE AND KICKOFF OFFENSE

that kick return offense isn't good when you just run 10 players out there though!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that kick return offense isn't good when you just run 10 players out there though!!

Tell me about it. We could not believe it ourselves. That was the first time I have seen that type of mistake myself. It gives Coach
Ford some real film fodder for making that kind of mental error.
Cannot do that and win. Sooner or later it will bite you.

kaorder1999
12-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Tell me about it. We could not believe it ourselves. That was the first time I have seen that type of mistake myself. It gives Coach
Ford some real film fodder for making that kind of mental error.
Cannot do that and win. Sooner or later it will bite you.

i think everyone was shocked....not by the fact that there were only 10 out there but more shocked that not one coach on the Celina sideline seemed to noticed...so it seemed. I know that is usually something that you check before you send the kickoff/return teams out tehre but at least someone in the box should notice! But...teams make mistakes and usually the team that makes less has a better chance of winning...especially this late in the game...

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
LOL. Z, you've got to expect some of this. There's going to be a lot of questions about a team coming into the playoffs with 5 losses. There are quite a few of us fans from different placeswho had questions and doubts but now we are believers.

I am waiting patiently until next week when this Celina team--great and mighty that it is, without any weaknesses--gets out on the field with Vernon. Celina may be who these guys say they are. They may be up there as one of the greatest group of athletes assembled on one team in 3A.

But, I too will be around having some fun if Vernon takes them down to the wire and especially if Vernon pulls out the victory.

It is not about the losses per se. It is more about a team that we are unfamiliar with. In 2a we had been to the playoffs so many times that almost all the teams we met we knew. I could give you chapter and verse about the great programs in 2a, what they ran, team characteristics, heart, execution and coaching level. But in 3a the only teams we are familiar with are the ones that we have played. We have played 60 or so 3a games but they were all from our area so while we know something about some 3a programs like Abilene Wylie or Sweetwater(I grew up in that area) we do not know much.

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Ya know what? Daddy D 11 and other Non-Celinians,

I would recommend that each of you purchase the movie "Power Passion and Glory"

It was an indy movie made during Celina's first attempt at 3A.

Here is the link: Power Passion and Glory ( a film about Texas 3A football) (http://www.ppgthemovie.com/)

I've purchased many of these and give them as gifts to my friends that are coaches or crazed sports fans.