PDA

View Full Version : In Volleyball UT loses to No. 2 Stanford 3 - 1

Phil C
12-09-2006, 09:36 PM
It would have been nice for the young UT team to get to the final 4 but Stanford was just a little too tough. The games were all extremely close with Stanford taking the first two games 30 to 28 and 33 to 31. What was bitter was the second game when UT had leads at one point 15 to 5 and 21 to 13 but couldn't push the foot down on the throat and let Stanford get into it. UT won the third game 34 to 32 but it shouldn't have been that close and then Stanford won the last game 30 to 26. UT also made too many service errors in this game and it was costly especially in the first two games.
Still a great year for the Lady Horns who lose only 3 seniors from the team and have 2 great recruits coming next year so the future is bright and hopefully next year they can take it to the next level in the final 4.

Phil C
12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Shown below in action is Sr. Jennifer Todd and Fr. Ashley Engle.

http://cache.texassports.com//image_lib/todd_jennifer_120906_400.jpg

Phil C
12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Stanford had a great team but it was the play of Barbosa who won this game for them. She was great.

Titans
12-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Barbosa was a major contributor, without a doubt and was clearly the best player on that court.

What cost UT the game was their inability to close out Stanford. Stanford was more poised than the Lady Cows, especially when UT had them down late in game 2 and 3.

I didn't quite understand why, after the PA announced "point Stanford or point Texas", UT fans would repeat "Point Texas".

Are they deaf? That's what the freaking announcer said you idiots. The silence in the place after UT lost game 2 was pure greatness. I never get tired of seeing a sullen look of Longcow fans after they get defeated.

Way to go Stanford.

Phil C
12-10-2006, 09:40 AM
That is tradition that they say Point Texas after each point. It is like the Aggies kiss after each td.

Phil C
12-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Well at least most of them that enjoyed the crowd's sadness probably supported teams that were did not get far and were watching the Lady Horns as they were playing in this game. :)

rb585
12-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Destinee Hooker might be the most freakishly talented female athlete I've ever seen. That back row kill she had was just sick.

I have no idea why the coach took her out of the game 2 when she would have been serving game point.

That match reminded me a lot of Canyon-Wimberley -- the smaller team won simply because they were better volleyball players. Barbosa and #10 for Stanford didn't look like anything special until they jumped and took their swings. Barbosa was especially impressive -- that's a girl who was just born to play volleyball. I can't believe she's only a soph.

I loved it whenever #16 for Stanford got a kill because the announcer would whip out her name really fast -- Foluke Akinradewo -- and I'd be wondering what in the world he had just said.