PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on LH/Giddings Game

Old Tiger
12-09-2006, 09:26 PM
-Brock got hurt but that wasn't the reason they lost.
-Brock had two turnovers which led to scores.
-Defense looked tired from the pounding LH was giving them.
-Giddings got into to many personal battles instead of playing like a team
-The refs let the game get out of hand it was there fault for not throwing flags sooner and issuing sideline warnings to the Giddings coaches, players, and LH coaches and players. The fight could have been avoided by better officiating.
-Liberty Hill was just BETTER!

Discuss

LHMom
12-09-2006, 09:36 PM
That about says it.

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 09:37 PM
The refs were HORRIBLE! On the kickoff right before Giddings got their first TD, the LH kicker kicked a line drive that was CLEARLY deflected by a Giddings player and then rolled out of bounds around the Giddings 15 yd line. The refs threw a flag on LH for kicking out of bounds and gave Giddings the ball at the 35 and they eventually scored on that drive. Had they of got the ball back where they should've at the 15, they may have never scored that TD. Liberty Hill was clearly the better team! Giddings had absolutely no answer for the Panther offense...

Tx Challenge
12-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
-Brock got hurt but that wasn't the reason they lost.
-Brock had two turnovers which led to scores.
-Defense looked tired from the pounding LH was giving them.
-Giddings got into to many personal battles instead of playing like a team
-The refs let the game get out of hand it was there fault for not throwing flags sooner and issuing sideline warnings to the Giddings coaches, players, and LH coaches and players. The fight could have been avoided by better officiating.
-Liberty Hill was just BETTER!

Discuss
I agree, but on line or point #5 (as an Auburn guy and since we caught so much grief on this site from you Tx folks) Should it read "The refs let the game get out of hand and it was THERE fault.....)? HMM
:D

Tx Challenge
12-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
The refs were HORRIBLE! On the kickoff right before Giddings got their first TD, the LH kicker kicked a line drive that was CLEARLY deflected by a Giddings player and then rolled out of bounds around the Giddings 15 yd line. The refs threw a flag on LH for kicking out of bounds and gave Giddings the ball at the 35 and they eventually scored on that drive. Had they of got the ball back where they should've at the 15, they may have never scored that TD. Liberty Hill was clearly the better team! Giddings had absolutely no answer for the Panther offense...

I saw that also Chris

theyoefnshow
12-09-2006, 09:41 PM
one thing I noticed was that the Giddings offensive front was starting to tire big time towards the end. Granted they were hustlin hard, you could tell they were sucking wind whereas the Panthers were very collected for the most part. Lack of conditioning and dependence on big, quick scoring efforts have anything to do with that I wonder? As for Brock...someone said he hurt his knee but....I noticed when one of their players went down....he did take a knee with the rest of the team.........

I have to agree....the fight was classic. Seeing that big purple jersey swinging towards the ground was surreal as could be

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Brock got what sounds like a concussion in the second quarter. His father did the right thing to keep him out after that. Some coaches apparently feel it is okay to just keep playing a kid who's bell has been rung loudly (Wimberley). A State Championship is not worth losing your kid.

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Worked out better for Giddings anyway, the backup QB could actually throw the ball a bit. Fitzhenry didn't pose much of a passing threat from what I witnessed. I think Giddings would've been better served to play Fitzhenry at RB and let the kid that came in play QB. I know Fitzhenry is a STUD, but he was hogging the ball when the pitch man could've gotten more yards, and LH was just clobbering him. But, i agree Pud, anytime a kid gets a concussion, he should sit the rest of the game out...

CHS_CG
12-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
one thing I noticed was that the Giddings offensive front was starting to tire big time towards the end. Granted they were hustlin hard, you could tell they were sucking wind whereas the Panthers were very collected for the most part. Lack of conditioning and dependence on big, quick scoring efforts have anything to do with that I wonder? As for Brock...someone said he hurt his knee but....I noticed when one of their players went down....he did take a knee with the rest of the team.........

I have to agree....the fight was classic. Seeing that big purple jersey swinging towards the ground was surreal as could be

Giddings to me looked like to me they just werent ready for this game/ they were over looking LH..(big mistake)

It was one hellva game, LH looked great all around and I am sure that the score would have been a lot higher if LH wasnt gettin ripped off by the Refs but that goes to show that a team CAN overcome bad calls by the zebra team!

Great season to Giddings.

Good luck next week to LH, I am goin to try to be there to support yall!

LH panthers
12-09-2006, 10:07 PM
i thought that fitzhenry was supposed to be better than any one we have ever seen, he wasnt that great. i dont think that he broke ANY long runs, in fact i dont remember him getting more that 10 yards on one run, i may be wrong though. dock was way better in my opinion