View Full Version : Division II Semi-Finals: Liberty Hill vs Hondo

bjrod9
12-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Farris Stadium in S.A.

The game will be saturday...time 4:00 pm

Thoughts.. Matchups to look at........

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 07:37 PM
man to bad we didnt get the alamodome hondo has never lost in the alamodome oh well i will be there no matter what to support my owls

LHdog
12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, at least Hondo has seem the slot T offense before. Llano ran it, not well but they ran it. This match-up is not easy to predict but with the 220 lb fullback, Allman, running on all cylinders, I must go with my Panthers in another tight one, 28-14.

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Hondo surprised me some last night, but I don't see anyone stopping Liberty Hill. Liberty Hill all the way. Panthers by 14!:clap:

necks_c/09
12-09-2006, 07:57 PM
oh man...who woulda thought this game would be played......IDK who to pick but i like hondo b/c they never got the love the others recieved from the pollsters all season....just seems like nobody ever gave 'em a chance and look at em now....

also for LH they got love but i feel for em b/c they have taken the losses this season and put them behind em.....they are playin great football and i dont want to take any heat from all the LH fans if i pick hondo.......so

Good luck to both teams and i hope i can make it to this game!!!

LHPfactory
12-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Man O Man, I missed it, my oldest three son's wrestling meet was huge and went till 5pm today. I was updated by a friend, it killed me to be just down the road and not there. Great Job Panthers, knew you could do it. Time to beat Hondo, get ready , we know you can do it. I will be there , no wrestling matchs next two weekends, perfect.

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 08:30 PM
HONDO vs Liberty Hill

sat.dec,16 at 4:00pm

FARRIS STADIUM...San Antonio...

LHPfactory
12-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
HONDO vs Liberty Hill

sat.dec,16 at 4:00pm

FARRIS STADIUM...San Antonio...

Where is Farris Stadium (where in SA ?)

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Exit Loop 1604 at Bandera Road. West bound traffic should U-turn under 1604 at Bandera. Home Team is West Side and can enter from De Zavala Road or Main Stadium Entrance from access road. Visitor Side is East Side and should enter Main Stadium Entrance from access road or from Skyhawk Street. Traffic congestion around the stadium has greatly improved through the efforts of the NISD Police Department. 11/24/2005

LHPfactory
12-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks Boosty, My Wife is a former Churchill Charger, she should know that area. It will be a great game for sure. My appology for saying Wimberly would win, Looks Like both the second fiddle teams made it to the semis. ;)

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Thanks Boosty, My Wife is a former Churchill Charger, she should know that area. It will be a great game for sure. My appology for saying Wimberly would win, Looks Like both the second fiddle teams made it to the semis. ;)

lol not a prob i thought giddings was gong to run all over yall but i was wrong oh well hopefully i will get the same vibe from hondo this week

IHStangFan
12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
GO HONDO!!

rbwill
12-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok is this really official? Every week right after a game some one comes on here and starts saying when and where the game is, time and place and it seems to change as the week goes on.

So! is this official as stated by someone in a official capacity from one of the schools?

Thanks

bjrod9
12-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by rbwill
Ok is this really official? Every week right after a game some one comes on here and starts saying when and where the game is, time and place and it seems to change as the week goes on.

So! is this official as stated by someone in a official capacity from one of the schools?

Thanks

It is official per one of the coaches

LHMom
12-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I got the same info from our Asst. A.D./Trainer so I'm pretty sure it's right!

carter08
12-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Liberty Hill will win

http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/Carking.gif

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
oh man...who woulda thought this game would be played......IDK who to pick but i like hondo b/c they never got the love the others recieved from the pollsters all season....just seems like nobody ever gave 'em a chance and look at em now....

also for LH they got love but i feel for em b/c they have taken the losses this season and put them behind em.....they are playin great football and i dont want to take any heat from all the LH fans if i pick hondo.......so

No heat from me....you've done well so far picking against us. ;) Hope you can make it!

rbwill
12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I got the same info from our Asst. A.D./Trainer so I'm pretty sure it's right!

Thank you both, that is good enough for me. I will make my plans
then.

JakefootballGOD
12-09-2006, 10:41 PM
its gonna be a nail bitter, both teams have good defenses...and the offenses are totally different. But liberty hill team is displined like crazy, they may not be the bigest or the fastest but they play as a team...i take LH...by 10

carter08
12-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

What game did you end up at today?

LH will win
Book it
You should go to the game
really
i want to go

rbwill
12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know who the home team is?

footballgal
12-09-2006, 10:47 PM
hmmm, this is a toss up it will all come down to the defense, who makes the last stops.

If I have to pick I will have to Hondo Owls, region IV rep.

Bandera YaYa
12-10-2006, 12:09 AM
I am divided on this one, cuz I respect both teams alot. I have been cheering for my neighbors and prob should continue....but I honestly hope both play to their best ability and may the best team win! I will be proud of either team!!
:)

Leopards,class of 75
12-10-2006, 12:12 AM
I think Hondo will win in a very close game. Wished I could see this one.

Tx Challenge
12-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by carter08
What game did you end up at today?

LH will win
Book it
You should go to the game
really
i want to go

Well carter as an X Auburn player (sort of) And with your love for Auburn.......I will agree, LH takes this one

TexanAlum_06
12-10-2006, 01:01 AM
This game is tough to call. If hondo can put together another performance like they did to us last night.... then watch out. Their DC has his act together cuz he had a great gameplan for us. if he can put one together to stop LH's offense. Then I have to go with Hondo. But LH is playing at a superior level right now. I just don't KNOW!! im just trying to figure out what side im going to sit on! should be a great game. whoever wins this one will win state!

Tx Challenge
12-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
This game is tough to call. If hondo can put together another performance like they did to us last night.... then watch out. Their DC has his act together cuz he had a great gameplan for us. if he can put one together to stop LH's offense. Then I have to go with Hondo. But LH is playing at a superior level right now. I just don't KNOW!! im just trying to figure out what side im going to sit on! should be a great game. whoever wins this one will win state!

Got to pull for CenTex man!

TexanAlum_06
12-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah good point......Why cant they just play it in the dome!!!!! its CLIMATE controlled!!! LOL. and it holds more.. I envision a humongous crowd for this one! Hondo will bring everybody from their town and everybody within a 50 mile radius.... it is going to be packed!

bandera7
12-10-2006, 01:41 AM
wow, not many people saw this one coming...and I was often called a moron by many hometown people for saying this was very possible. I honestly have no idea who is going to win this one...my gut says Liberty Hill, but then my brain says Hondo, because they are the underdogs every game and get it done every game. Should be good, good luck to both teams.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 05:19 AM
Liberty Hill.....bet dat

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Man O Man, I missed it, my oldest three son's wrestling meet was huge and went till 5pm today. I was updated by a friend, it killed me to be just down the road and not there. Great Job Panthers, knew you could do it. Time to beat Hondo, get ready , we know you can do it. I will be there , no wrestling matchs next two weekends, perfect.

I understand completely , choosing to watch your son instead, but you could have seen wrestling, fights AND football both at this game.

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:35 AM
man to bad we didnt get the alamodome hondo has never lost in the alamodome oh well i will be there no matter what to support my owls

Bootsy, Have Loved your posts and Your Owls since I have joined the DownLow. Loved them even more after the whupping they gave Wimberly last week.

But get ready to FACE THE PANTHERS!!

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:50 AM

"Excuse me???" "Second Fiddle!!!!!" :mad: :mad: :mad:

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
GO HONDO!!

Bring your tiny little bell and find out who the best bell ringers really are and the best team too!!! :devil:

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
its gonna be a nail bitter, both teams have good defenses...and the offenses are totally different. But liberty hill team is displined like crazy, they may not be the bigest or the fastest but they play as a team...i take LH...by 10

NUFF SAID!!!!!!

rundoe
12-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah good point......Why cant they just play it in the dome!!!!! its CLIMATE controlled!!! LOL. and it holds more.. I envision a humongous crowd for this one! Hondo will bring everybody from their town and everybody within a 50 mile radius.... it is going to be packed!

I agree, will be a great game, but I heard thats same stuff from Giddings about the crowd, We outnumbered em, out yelled em, (well except maybe exception of their coach, who yelled at eveyone) and out played em.

That said, Be ready for a bigger, louder, and friendly crowd on the LIBERTY HILL PANTHERS side too. WE BACK OUR TEAM!!!! It's was obvious from yesterdays game that so do a lot of other people. Thanks for all your help yesterday folks.

My best to Gidding Players in the future!

rundoe
12-10-2006, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Liberty Hill.....bet dat

Thanks Tiger WR, Was great meeting you, you ol' weathercaster you, lol. Hope to see you there!!!!!!

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Thanks Tiger WR, Was great meeting you, you ol' weathercaster you, lol. Hope to see you there!!!!!! It will depend.

rundoe
12-10-2006, 06:06 AM
I just love waking up at 3:00 A M. in the morning with a splitting headache. I get to post while everyone else is sleeping , lol.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, all that clapping made my headache worse. :doh:

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 06:07 AM
I just love waking up at 3:00 A M. in the morning with a splitting headache. I get to post while everyone else is sleeping , lol.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, all that clapping made my headache worse. :doh: lol. Well up until I got home last night I have not slept since about 4:30 friday afternoon. So i am awake now for the day

rundoe
12-10-2006, 06:12 AM
You looked pretty good for some one with no sleep yesterday.

I had a blast, How bout you?????

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 06:13 AM
I wish I would of had that megaphone to voice my real opinion to the refs :D:D

rundoe
12-10-2006, 06:23 AM
they would NOT have wanted to hear anymore from us than they did. WE were close enough to the field that they could hear us, but ignored us (or at least acted like they did), Guess they couldn't hear any better than they could see, lol.

Did you see how fast the cops showed up and the refs fled the field, lol.

SintonFan
12-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Where is Farris Stadium (where in SA ?)
It almost in my backyard.:clap: :inlove:

SintonFan
12-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Exit Loop 1604 at Bandera Road. West bound traffic should U-turn under 1604 at Bandera. Home Team is West Side and can enter from De Zavala Road or Main Stadium Entrance from access road. Visitor Side is East Side and should enter Main Stadium Entrance from access road or from Skyhawk Street. Traffic congestion around the stadium has greatly improved through the efforts of the NISD Police Department. 11/24/2005
Here's Texas Bob's site that has some info.

Farris stadium (http://www.texasbob.com/football/saindex1.html)
The stadium is listed at nine down from the top. Yay! I'm gonna make this game.:clap:

carter08
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
You looked pretty good for some one with no sleep yesterday.

Are you hitting on Casey :eek: :eek:

Aren't you a guy :confused:

SintonFan
12-10-2006, 01:01 PM

The only "hitting on" Casey has ever been involved with usually has to do with bruises.:nerd:

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 01:03 PM

I hit Casey yesterday & Byron too!!! :devil: :devil:

marlin fan
12-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I hit Casey yesterday & Byron too!!! :devil: :devil: After i gave u my football

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
After i gave u my football nuh uh ... I hit you BEFORE that!!! Thanks Byron for the football!!! :inlove: :inlove: :kiss:

side note: You & Talena don't fight near as much as Talena & Casey :crazy1: :crazy1:

marlin fan
12-10-2006, 01:10 PM
nuh uh ... I hit you BEFORE that!!! Thanks Byron for the football!!! :inlove: :inlove: :kiss:

side note: You & Talena don't fight near as much as Talena & Casey :crazy1: :crazy1: lmao!!! yeah i went ahead and gave it to u since i have a ball from last year lol... i hope the rugrats havent did anything to it! hehe i had fun beatin her up with the jugs!!!

TexanAlum_06
12-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree, will be a great game, but I heard thats same stuff from Giddings about the crowd, We outnumbered em, out yelled em, (well except maybe exception of their coach, who yelled at eveyone) and out played em.

That said, Be ready for a bigger, louder, and friendly crowd on the LIBERTY HILL PANTHERS side too. WE BACK OUR TEAM!!!! It's was obvious from yesterdays game that so do a lot of other people. Thanks for all your help yesterday folks.

My best to Gidding Players in the future!
LH brings a good crowd... but I do not think yall will bring more then Hondo.... as much as it is funny what I said... but it is true... they filled out their entire side of the alamadome and the upperdeck between the 30's. they were extremely loud. there wont be a seat open... I will prolly show up at like 2. lol. or earlier.

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 02:10 PM
ok im sure its already been mentioned but what is Hondo's base offense?

strengths?

weaknesses?

do they pass more? ive heard that. but then i hear they smashed it down wimberleys throat? just hear say though :confused:

Boosty_Hondo
12-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
ok im sure its already been mentioned but what is Hondo's base offense?

strengths?

weaknesses?

do they pass more? ive heard that. but then i hear they smashed it down wimberleys throat? just hear say though :confused:

dont really know what the base offense is but the strengths is pretty much everything strong fast line recievers have good hands and accurate/fast quarterback and strong fast running back i dont want to mention weaknesses cause well im from hondo and i know all of them lol and its a ever run/pass depends on what the defense is doing we can do both at any point in time

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
thanks mucho

Boosty_Hondo
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
not a problem

Boosty_Hondo
12-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It almost in my backyard.:clap: :inlove:

i dont think everyone is going to fit cause just on the hondo side last week in the dome there were over 9,000 so ya that is not going to be fun if someone doent get a seat

TxStBobcat
12-10-2006, 04:24 PM
i dont think everyone is going to fit cause just on the hondo side last week in the dome there were over 9,000 so ya that is not going to be fun if someone doent get a seat

True that, at the alamodome i had to sit past the goaline and it was still packed there.

rundoe
12-10-2006, 05:35 PM
LH brings a good crowd... but I do not think yall will bring more then Hondo.... as much as it is funny what I said... but it is true... they filled out their entire side of the alamadome and the upperdeck between the 30's. they were extremely loud. there wont be a seat open... I will prolly show up at like 2. lol. or earlier.

UH, Yea, I heard the same thing from Giddings!!!! Not worried a bit!!

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
"Bring your tiny little bell and find out who the best bell ringers really are and the best team too!!! "

Unfortuanetly we have no bells just 2X4's...but the best team in the state is dressed in Orange...:)

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 06:16 PM
dont really know what the base offense is but the strengths is pretty much everything strong fast line recievers have good hands and accurate/fast quarterback and strong fast running back i dont want to mention weaknesses cause well im from hondo and i know all of them lol and its a ever run/pass depends on what the defense is doing we can do both at any point in time

I hope they can do all of that and chew gum at the same time:) In two weeks they wont have time to do either:)

rundoe
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
You'll find out who the "best 3A team in the state" is come Saturday. You just have not had the pleasure of meeting them yet.

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Since we had such a good time yesterday we should do it again this weekend!! :thumbsup: Anyone interested??

It being Saturday afternoon makes it so cool since most people are off and their schedules are much more flexible.

I think I'll bake some cookies!! :D

Ranger Mom
12-10-2006, 08:00 PM
You'll find out who the "best 3A team in the state" is come Saturday. You just have not had the pleasure of meeting them yet.

I may actually get to go to this one!!

What time does it start? I am trying to decide if I want to drive down the night before!

rundoe
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
we may , my stepson goes to UTSA and lives just blocks form the staduim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I may actually get to go to this one!!

What time does it start? I am trying to decide if I want to drive down the night before!

4pm....remember the "booth" :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
12-10-2006, 08:07 PM
4pm....remember the "booth" :D :D :D

LOL!! I read your PM..it's not MY booth to remember!!

If it starts at 4:00...then we are better off staying THAT night rather than the night before!

wimbo_pro
12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I WILL be there this time!!! And I have to go with supporting Hondo in this one, being the Region 4 representative. But who do I THINK will win? Honestly, just how accurate have I been lately? I mean, really.....

rbwill
12-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Well! I have ties to both schools, so this week will be a little tough for me, as it will be a win, win, and a, lose, lose all at the same time regardless of which team wins. :confused:

LHPfactory
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
"Excuse me???" "Second Fiddle!!!!!" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Calm down rundoe, It was sarcasm for all those folks who already bought their tickets for Giddings vs Wimberley. You know that I know who the shot callers are.

rundoe
12-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Calm down rundoe, It was sarcasm for all those folks who already bought their tickets for Giddings vs Wimberley. You know that I know who the shot callers are.

ok, thanks for explaining, actually am getting used to be called second fiddle this year, lol. Just NOT by someone form Liberty Hill!

WHO YA ROOTIN FOR?
LHHS

pirate4state
12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I read your PM..it's not MY booth to remember!!

If it starts at 4:00...then we are better off staying THAT night rather than the night before!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: That sounds like a great idea!!!

rundoe
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Did I miss whos home team?

pirate4state
12-11-2006, 12:47 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/tbhs_farris.jpg

Has Sinton played here before?? It looks familiar.

SintonFan
12-11-2006, 01:56 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/tbhs_farris.jpg

Has Sinton played here before?? It looks familiar.
No, Sinton played at Gustafson stadium a few years ago. This one is a little bigger. I saw Cuero and Llano at this stadium last year.:)
Some FYI for those going to the game... there is no smoking allowed at any Northside complex, period. If you decide to go outside the stadium you have to buy a new ticket to get inside. It sucks and I tried to talk some sense into the gate guards but they were very much boy scouts.:nerd:

pancho villa
12-11-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm rooting for Hondo cause we stop at the HEB there every summer and shop on our way to the Frio river. Go Owls!

Old Tiger
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I'm rooting for Hondo cause we stop at the HEB there every summer and shop on our way to the Frio river. Go Owls! lol...well I'm picking LH because I dropped a deuce at the Exxon mobile on the way to Burnet once.

firstcat
12-11-2006, 01:23 PM
I just want to say that it was great to meet all of you down-lowers at the LH game!!! It was even better that you sat on our side and (some) wore our colors!!!!
See ya'll on Saturday, and we will be tailgating again for sure! We had fajitas, sausage, boudain etc this past week! We need to combine tailgate parties!!!!!!

Marlinfan...you shook your jugs with the best of them!!!!
THanks!

Boosty_Hondo
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm rooting for Hondo cause we stop at the HEB there every summer and shop on our way to the Frio river. Go Owls!

lol i use to work at that store u have probably seen me working

tigerpride_08
12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
i dont know much about Hondo but i'll pick them in a close one...

gold_33
12-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I much as I want the team that beat us to go on and win it all, I just dont think its gonna happen. If Hondo lets LH jump out ahead by 20pts its gonna be really hard cause LH will just grind it out and chew up the clock but if the Hondo from the 2nd qtr on shows up then it'll be a shootout and Hondo will win cause of LH lack of a passing game, unless of course they have fixed the problem from the Cuero and Wim game. Very hard to choose the winner, I really want Hondo to win but I just dont see anyone stopping LH, unfortunately. Liberty Hill by 7 but prove me wrong again Hondo please!!

Centextrash
12-12-2006, 12:38 AM

Man Pancho...I thought we were boys.....:(

rundoe
12-12-2006, 07:49 AM

EEEaaauuuhhh!!!! I heard that when Bootsie worked there he would put your eggs on the bottom on purpose if you wern't from Hondo!!!

Better yell for Liberty Hill!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
TWO, BOYS....TWO!

pancho villa
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM

If you were there you saw me loading up on beer for the river.

pancho villa
12-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Man Pancho...I thought we were boys.....:(

Sorry bro. We are still (fat) boys.

Darren
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Good luck LH at least one Giddings fan is pulling for you.

rundoe
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks Darren.

lhpantherdad
12-13-2006, 02:01 AM
I believe this is the year of the Panther!

Owls...Academy is having a sale on basketball shoes this weekend! Just giving you a head's up! ;)

Boosty_Hondo
12-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
I believe this is the year of the Panther!

Owls...Academy is having a sale on basketball shoes this weekend! Just giving you a head's up! ;)

well i believe you believe wrong and u should inform your basketball team of that cause im pretty sure they will have the opportunity to take advantage of this about 7 on saturday afternoon...as a matter of fact i know there is an academy close to the stadium so yall could make a stop there on the way home i think they are open till 10 if you wanan go eat first:D

Daddy D 11
12-13-2006, 08:17 AM
actually our basketball team has already got shoes...

but thanks for letting us know about the sale :D :D

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Isn't LH's b-ball team usually prett good?

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2006, 08:46 AM
The Panthers are on the prowl once again. This week they're looking for a tasty Owl for lunch. The Owls will be in flight for much of the game, but in the end, their wings will be clipped and the Panthers will prevail.

http://static.flickr.com/75/168945412_5fbe1755d3_m.jpg;)

LHPfactory
12-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Where do you find these pictures? hahaha. Good photo.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 09:41 AM
http://www.kaleidoshop.de/produktkatalog/produktgrafiken/safari-schwarzer-panther.jpg

http://www.aussiesaddle.com/images/top%20quality%20bullwhip.jpg

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/littleowl_tcm3-22779.jpg

rundoe
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
You got it right Tiger_Wr, Great Pic Deb

catman
12-13-2006, 11:45 PM
It is being reported by a Celina supporter on another message board that all teams involved have agreed to play the state championship game on saturday December 23 at Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco.

pirate4state
12-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by catman
It is being reported by a Celina supporter on another message board that all teams involved have agreed to play the state championship game on saturday December 23 at Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco. Makes sense & I love it!! :thumbsup:

I hate their rules, but it is a nice facility. :) We just all have to have the big M&G before the game. :D

GO PANTHERS!!!!

firstcat
12-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by catman
It is being reported by a Celina supporter on another message board that all teams involved have agreed to play the state championship game on saturday December 23 at Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Do we know who's home?

bjrod9
12-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do we know who's home?

Hondo is

bobcat1
12-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Do we know who's home?
I'm home Mom. :p :D

Daddy D 11
12-14-2006, 11:02 PM
i swore coach vance said that LH is home? :confused:

but maybe we are away but are wearing our purples??

cause i know the kids are pumped up about being in the purple again! lol

well i gues we will see come saturday..

bjrod9
12-14-2006, 11:10 PM
I assumed we were home because it is in our newspaper, but who knows... it my be wrong or i may be wrong

SintonFan
12-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i swore coach vance said that LH is home? :confused:

but maybe we are away but are wearing our purples??

cause i know the kids are pumped up about being in the purple again! lol

well i gues we will see come saturday..
Kids excited about wearing purple? lol that just sounds funny... even though I know yall don't see it that way... :D

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2006, 07:02 AM
I wonder how the officials are going to be able to see the hash marks to spot the ball around 6:00 Saturday when it looks like this. :thinking: :thinking: ;)
http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/photodisc/pdbs033/pdbs033028.jpg

Old Tiger
12-15-2006, 07:03 AM
I wonder how the officials are going to be able to see the hash marks to spot the ball around 6:00 Saturday when it looks like this. :thinking: :thinking: ;)
http://us.inmagine.com/168nwm/photodisc/pdbs033/pdbs033028.jpg Silly girl!

pirate4state
12-15-2006, 10:17 AM

:clap: :clap: That's great!! Poor birdies!! :D

rundoe
12-15-2006, 10:58 AM

Just commenting that he didn't look like he'ds been up all night.

rundoe
12-15-2006, 11:01 AM

Regardless of all the Owl feathers laying all over the field, they will still have to see better than the ones we had last week!!!!!!!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Man, NOW I'm thinking of going to this game just for the possible Downlow poster meetage and stuff.....

I'll let know later if I end up deciding to go to the game.

I just HATE that run down I-10 to San Antonio, though. UGH! Then again, it's a lot better than the run through King Ranch from Port Isabel to Corpus Christi. :D

rundoe
12-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
if we beat Vernon, we will win State, because I think Vernon in these playoffs is as good as either of the other 2 plays playin to make the Finals.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pilgrim, Thats a mighty big boast you made there. IF you make it past Vernon.

Leopards,class of 75
12-15-2006, 08:40 PM
I am picking Hondo to play Celina for the state title.

LHPfactory
12-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I am picking my nose hoping Hondo gets to play Celina for the state title.

Is a better way to put it, LH advances!

God speed to the Panthers.........WIN LH!

gobbler grad
12-15-2006, 10:52 PM

Who gives a hoot?:D :D :D

GO PANTHERS

TxStBobcat
12-16-2006, 04:15 AM
I dont know if anyone has said this, but its gonna be a heart breaker either way. There will definitely not be a clear winner till the end. But, since im originaly from H-town, I have to go for Hondo. Good luck to both teams and please allow for a safe drive to the game and home.

catman
12-16-2006, 05:30 AM
About the game...

I won't predict a winner because this one could go either way. Hondo's stock has gone way up because of the way they beat Wimberley. I had expected LH to beat Giddings because of matchups, but I don't think LH matches up as well against Hondo. I'm not saying that Hondo will win though. This one goes to the "last man standing".

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Molting season is here. GO CATS......PLUCK THE OWLS!!!!!

Safe travels, everyone! :)

pirate4state
12-16-2006, 08:36 AM
It's here!!!! GAME DAY!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR??? L-H-H-S!!! WHO YA ROOTIN' FOR??? L-H-H-S!!!
GOOD LUCK HONDO OWLS!!!

Bandera YaYa
12-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Safe travel ..............

...AND GO HONDO GO!!!!!! CLAW THOSE CATS!!!! . :D :D :kiss:

rundoe
12-16-2006, 10:21 AM
like THAT"S gonna happen!!!!!!

PANTHER POWER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!