FINAL

Pearland 16
Cypress-Fairbanks 15
FINAL

Austin Westlake 37
San Antonio Reagan 23
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Southlake Carroll (14-0) vs. Allen (13-1)
Pearland (12-2) vs. Austin Westlake (11-2)

5A Division II

Cedar Hill 42
De Soto 21
FINAL

Garland 31
Klein Oak 14
FINAL

Cypress Falls 28
Katy 21
FINAL

San Antonio MacArthur 50
San Marcos 43
FINAL (1OT)

NEXT WEEK:
Cedar Hill (14-0) vs. Garland (12-2)
Cypress Falls (11-3) vs. San Antonio MacArthur (12-2)

4A Division I

Copperas Cove 35
Aledo 12
FINAL

San Antonio Alamo Heights 42
Lamar Consolidated 14
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Copperas Cove (12-2) vs. SA Alamo Heights (13-1)

4A Division II

Wolfforth Frenship 20
Wichita Falls Rider 17
FINAL

Waco 44
Brownwood 13
FINAL

La Marque 38
Texas City 10
FINAL

Schertz-Clemens 27
Hays Consolidated 7
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Wolfforth Frenship (12-2) vs. Waco (12-2)
La Marque (13-1) vs. Schertz-Clemens (13-1)

3A Division I

Liberty-Eylau 36
Canyon 20
FINAL

Robinson 62
Ingleside 21
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Robinson (12-2) vs. Liberty-Eylau (11-3)

3A Division II

Vernon 27
Midland Greenwood 19
FINAL

Celina 35
Brownsboro 14
FINAL

Liberty Hill 35
Giddings 28
FINAL

Hondo 42
Wimberley 35
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Vernon (9-5) vs. Celina (14-0)
Liberty Hill (11-2) vs. Hondo (14-0)

2A Division I

Littlefield 28
Boyd 14
FINAL

Tatum 40
Cotulla 13
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Littlefield (13-1) vs. Tatum (12-2)

2A Division II

Stratford 19
Idalou 17
FINAL

Cisco 14
Holliday 10
FINAL

Mart 46
Corrigan-Camden 27
FINAL

Lexington 26
Somerville 0
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Stratford (11-3) vs. Cisco (13-1) 12/16 @ 2:00pm at Lowery Field in Lubbock
Mart (13-1) vs. Lexington (12-2)

1A Division I

McCamey 28
Valley Mills 7
FINAL

Alto 39
Iola 25
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
McCamey (10-4) vs. Alto (13-0)

1A Division II

Nazareth 32
New Deal 20
FINAL

Windthorst 41
Electra 7
FINAL

Lovelady 35
Carlisle 12
FINAL

Chilton 34
Thorndale 0
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Nazareth (13-0) vs. Windthorst (13-0) 12/15 @7:30pm at Shotwell Stadium in Abilene
Lovelady (12-2) vs. Chilton (12-1) 12/15 @ 7:30pm at A&M Consolidated

6-man Division I

Rule 45
Meadow 0
FINAL

Richland Springs 64
Blum 26
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Rule vs. Richland Springs

6-man Division II

Jayton 75
Whitharral 66
FINAL

Vernon Northside 70
Gustine 29
FINAL

NEXT WEEK:
Jayton vs. Vernon Northside

kepdawg
12-09-2006, 06:55 PM
All the possible championship scenarios are great!

I'm sure SLC and Allen look forward to the possibility of driving through Austin on the way to San Antonio if they play Westlake.

I bet Cedar Hill is real happy about the possibility of driving to San Antonio to play MacArthur!

A D2 championship game between Klein Oak and Cy Falls in San Antonio would be great! :rolleyes:

You get my point.

tiger_94
12-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I'm sure SLC and Allen look forward to the possibility of driving through Austin on the way to San Antonio if they play Westlake.

I bet Cedar Hill is real happy about the possibility of driving to San Antonio to play MacArthur!

A D2 championship game between Klein Oak and Cy Falls in San Antonio would be great! :rolleyes:

You get my point. \

I think your missing the point that if your playing for a state championship then NOTHING else matters but just getting on a field and playing, those guys couldent care less where those games are played..

kepdawg
12-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
\

I think your missing the point that if your playing for a state championship then NOTHING else matters but just getting on a field and playing, those guys couldent care less where those games are played..

If that's the case then the Sun Bowl seems like the most logical place to play the championship games!

tiger_94
12-09-2006, 07:09 PM
If that's the case then the Sun Bowl seems like the most logical place to play the championship games! You got my point and then still decide to add something stupid to it.. okay

kepdawg
12-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
You got my point and then still decide to add something stupid to it.. okay

Stupid? I think two Houston area schools having no choice but to play in San Antonio is stupid. I think a DFW area school and an Austin area school having no choice but to play in San Antonio is stupid. I think a DFW area school and a San Antonio school having no choice but to play in San Antonio is stupid.

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 07:44 PM
What do you guys think the UIL's intentions were on doing this same site Championship games? Were they thinking that SA is more centrally located than DFW and Houston and therefore could attract more neutral(just high school football junkies) fans? I can understand that logic to a degree, but in turn it probably keeps some actual fans of those teams actually playing in the title game from making it. For instance, some fans from Houston or DFW may not be able to make a SA game, where they could make a game in their own regional area. Is there a way to make it better than it was, or than it is now, or should it be left alone, or go back to how it was?:confused:

WOS87
12-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Instead of dictating exactly where the championship games will be played they should just make an "official" list of half a dozen to a dozen or so stadiums that will be big enough to accomodate a 5A State Championship game, spread relatively equally around the populated areas of the state. Whichever two teams reach the finals would just pick from the official list. That way the UIL could guarantee another fiasco like the Highland Park / Marshall game last year won't happen yet still give the teams some say in where they have to travel.

My memory isn't the best but wasn't the whole reason for the UIL choosing the location in reaction to the uproar from Highland Park last year when half of the fan following couldn't get tickets to the finals because the stadium was too small?

trenchdweller
12-09-2006, 10:17 PM
nope it is to get money from having both games broadcast on fox sports southwest... $ drives the world even uil sports.

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Well quite your bitchin' if your team makes it to state you should drive to Paducka to watch them. And since when is making a profit a bad thing? I'm sick of people complaining about this and that being all about money. Just short your paycheck $15 bucks and see who complains all about the money! What makes all this possible? No not the Playoff Bunny, he doesn't exist. It is the money.:D

$cooter!
12-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Instead of dictating exactly where the championship games will be played they should just make an "official" list of half a dozen to a dozen or so stadiums that will be big enough to accomodate a 5A State Championship game, spread relatively equally around the populated areas of the state. Whichever two teams reach the finals would just pick from the official list. That way the UIL could guarantee another fiasco like the Highland Park / Marshall game last year won't happen yet still give the teams some say in where they have to travel.

My memory isn't the best but wasn't the whole reason for the UIL choosing the location in reaction to the uproar from Highland Park last year when half of the fan following couldn't get tickets to the finals because the stadium was too small? Correct. I wish Marshall could have pulled it off also. Im not to fond of HP---the only 5A team in 4A.

JR2004
12-09-2006, 11:23 PM

You get my point.

It's kinda silly in my opinion how they decided to do this for 5A, but I'm sure SLC won't have a problem beating Westlake, should they play, no matter where the game is held at.

kepdawg
12-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well quite your bitchin' if your team makes it to state you should drive to Paducka to watch them. And since when is making a profit a bad thing? I'm sick of people complaining about this and that being all about money. Just short your paycheck $15 bucks and see who complains all about the money! What makes all this possible? No not the Playoff Bunny, he doesn't exist. It is the money.:D

Whatever you do, don't tell G2 there's no playoff bunny!