PDA

View Full Version : That weak Region IV

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 06:46 PM
team Liberty Hill moves over to big, bad Reg III and runs right through it to win the Reg III championship. They weren't ever seriously challenged en route either, the Giddings score was 35-28, but not very indicative of the licking the Panthers put on the Buffs today. Congrats Panthers on the Region Championship. I'm behind you and will be there next week just like today to support you. Go win state Panthers!

theyoefnshow
12-09-2006, 06:59 PM
weak region 3 as evident by that 3A D1 game last night ;)

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2006, 07:06 PM
I am confused here. Isn't Liberty Hill in Region III? Are you saying they will forever be some sort of honorary Region IV team?

I'm not sure exactly where it is, but I always thought LH was somewhere near Austin. So I would think it should have always been in the region with Hutto and other nearby schools. And that is Region III. How did they ever get placed in Region IV?

LH OffseasonVet
12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Liberty Hill is about 30 miles northwest of Austin, LH had been in Region 4 since moving up to 3a (dist. with Wimberley, Burnet, Llano, Ingram, and Bandera/Brady). This last realignment LH moved east. LH is in a bad spot because they can either be the team furthest to the north in region 4 or the team furthest west in Region 3.

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I am confused here. Isn't Liberty Hill in Region III? Are you saying they will forever be some sort of honorary Region IV team?

I'm not sure exactly where it is, but I always thought LH was somewhere near Austin. So I would think it should have always been in the region with Hutto and other nearby schools. And that is Region III. How did they ever get placed in Region IV? Gilmus, I'm just poking fun at those from Reg III that always seem to think Reg III is the toughest, lol. I was just insinuating how LH has fallen short of making it out of Reg IV a few times in the past few years, but run right through Reg III their first year there. Nothing serious intended in my post. Also LH is near Austin, but the UIL usually took what was west of I-35 and put them in Reg IV and those east of I-35 and put them in Reg III. This year, they broke their recent trend and put LH in Reg III. However, we (Burnet) are 23 miles west of LH, and were in Reg I in the late 80s and very early 90s, and then went to Reg IV in 92. Where LH and Burnet are located, before it's said and done, we could end up in all 4 Regions at one time or another...;)

44INAROW
12-09-2006, 07:59 PM
the only 2 losses the Reg III Div 2 Champ has is from 2 "weak" REG IV teams.........

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2006, 08:00 PM
I understand it now. Up here where we are in the far NE corner of this state, there is never any doubt what region the Buckeye are going to be in. It's always Region II.

However, this season Region III did creep up all the way to Carthage, which I thought was strange. Carthage is only 60 miles south of here.

wooden bear
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Region IV is weak and thats all there is to it. Who cares if LH won Reg III this year, I dont care if they win state and beat every Reg III team in teh state RegIV is weak.

IHStangFan
12-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Region IV is weak and thats all there is to it. Who cares if LH won Reg III this year, I dont care if they win state and beat every Reg III team in teh state RegIV is weak. you have not made one single intelligent post since you have been here, everything you post is crap and usually geared at starting an argument. I hope our mods wake up soon and get rid of you, the board would be a better place.

pirate4state
12-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you have not made one single intelligent post since you have been here, everything you post is crap and usually geared at starting an argument. I hope our mods wake up soon and get rid of you, the board would be a better place. Hey!! Don't disturb my nap!!! :mad: :mad:

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Region IV is weak and thats all there is to it. Who cares if LH won Reg III this year, I dont care if they win state and beat every Reg III team in teh state RegIV is weak.

lol so if cuero won r4 it sould be the strongest correct? maybe your just mad that cuero got knocked out if so please do us all a favor and please shut yo mouth

pirate4state
12-09-2006, 09:50 PM
All of you quit with the bickering :rolleyes: I'm trying to take a nap!!

IHStangFan
12-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
All of you quit with the bickering :rolleyes: I'm trying to take a nap!! Heya P4S, whats shakin?! you get to any game today? If you did, lemme just say right up front, I'm jealous! Although, I DID get to listen to some of the LH/Giddings game on the radio.

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
team Liberty Hill moves over to big, bad Reg III and runs right through it to win the Reg III championship. They weren't ever seriously challenged en route either, the Giddings score was 35-28, but not very indicative of the licking the Panthers put on the Buffs today. Congrats Panthers on the Region Championship. I'm behind you and will be there next week just like today to support you. Go win state Panthers!

Oh pleeeeze! Brock got his bell rung in the 2nd. That was the difference. Run through what? Good for the Panthers, but put a sock in it for pete's sake. :mad:

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Heya P4S, whats shakin?! you get to any game today? If you did, lemme just say right up front, I'm jealous! Although, I DID get to listen to some of the LH/Giddings game on the radio.
You should be jealous. She witnessed the butt-kicking of the team YOU picked to win in person. :p

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Oh pleeeeze! Brocjk got his bell rung in the 2nd. That was the difference. Run through what? Good for the Panthers, but put a sock in it for pete's sake. :mad:
I'm sorry but were you there? Brock being out of the game actually helped the Buffs. The score was 21-0 while he played. Don't diss what you didn't watch. Sorry, Pud, but I've heard all about Brock Fitzhenry. And he didn't get it done today.

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm sorry but were you there? Brock being out of the game actually helped the Buffs. The score was 21-0 while he played. Don't diss what you didn't watch. Sorry, Pud, but I've heard all about Brock Fitzhenry. And he didn't get it done today. That's what I was about to say LHPMom, the Buffs played much better without Fitzhenry. Without the passing game the backup QB brought in with him, it would've been worse, Giddings wouldn't have hit the Big TD pass. LH had Fitzhenry in the crosshairs from the get go, and were lighting him up every time he touched the ball. So Pud, don't open yo mouth unless you know what you're talking about. BTW, put a sock in it, PLEASE!:hand:

Tx Challenge
12-09-2006, 10:03 PM
That's what I was about to say LHPMom, the Buffs played much better without Fitzhenry. Without the passing game the backup QB brought in with him, it would've been worse, Giddings wouldn't have hit the Big TD pass. LH had Fitzhenry in the crosshairs from the get go, and were lighting him up every time he touched the ball. So Pud, don't open yo mouth unless you know what you're talking about. BTW, put a sock in it, PLEASE!:hand:

:D :D :D Well said Chris

pirate4state
12-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Heya P4S, whats shakin?! you get to any game today? If you did, lemme just say right up front, I'm jealous! Although, I DID get to listen to some of the LH/Giddings game on the radio. I did!! Saw some PANTHERS tear up some Buffs!!!! GREAT GAME!!!

WHO YOU ROOTIN' FOR?????

L-H-H-S!!!! :clap:

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
That's what I was about to say LHPMom, the Buffs played much better without Fitzhenry. Without the passing game the backup QB brought in with him, it would've been worse, Giddings wouldn't have hit the Big TD pass. LH had Fitzhenry in the crosshairs from the get go, and were lighting him up every time he touched the ball. So Pud, don't open yo mouth unless you know what you're talking about. BTW, put a sock in it, PLEASE!:hand:

Brock left the game in the second. The momentum was way in favor of LH until the Buffs made the adjustment to Locke in the second half of the third quarter. Good game LH and good luck the rest of the way, but Chris, you are such a homer!:D

Chris Hart
12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm not the one that can't accept that my neighboring team got it handed to em today. :kiss: :p :D

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Whatever Chris, no point in arguing the point, LH won fair and square, but it was a good game.

JR2004
12-09-2006, 11:14 PM
However, we (Burnet) are 23 miles west of LH, and were in Reg I in the late 80s and very early 90s, and then went to Reg IV in 92. Where LH and Burnet are located, before it's said and done, we could end up in all 4 Regions at one time or another...;)

My high school accomplished that feat the realignment before this last one and can at least say they've competed in every region in the state. They don't always compete well, but they've seen everything the state has to offer at least. :)

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Oh pleeeeze! Brock got his bell rung in the 2nd. That was the difference. Run through what? Good for the Panthers, but put a sock in it for pete's sake. :mad: They were doing worse with Brock in the game ;)

He had two fumbles which led to 14 points. They were more impressive without him because they played AS A TEAM!

wooden bear
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah you guys are right, having their star qb out helped them. HAHAHA. Yeah LH showed how weak reg III was they beat everyone in it up, a bunch of hard asses huh?

carter08
12-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah you guys are right, having their star qb out helped them. HAHAHA. Yeah LH showed how weak reg III was they beat everyone in it up, a bunch of hard asses huh?

You have dug yourself into a hole
and now you are covering the hole up
while you are still inside

DU_stud04
12-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
so please do us all a favor and please shut yo mouth what are you talking about....this guy is hilarious, i wish he would post more

wooden bear
12-10-2006, 03:28 PM
you have not made one single intelligent post since you have been here, everything you post is crap and usually geared at starting an argument. I hope our mods wake up soon and get rid of you, the board would be a better place.

How is that a dumb post? Region IV is weak. I played in Reg IV and will say it is weak. There are plenty of people on this board who will agree with me. Why would they get rid of me? Havent done anything wrong yet. Yall are the ones who are constantly bad mouthing me and never have anything happen to yall.

LH Panther Mom
12-10-2006, 03:29 PM
You know, our team would have loved to have had the opportunity to play Cuero this week. We have the greatest respect for the team, their history and tradition and the majority of their fans. Alas, but a rematch was not meant to be this playoff season.

wooden bear
12-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You know, our team would have loved to have had the opportunity to play Cuero this week. We have the greatest respect for the team, their history and tradition and the majority of their fans. Alas, but a rematch was not meant to be this playoff season.

This is not a Cuero thread lHPM dont hijack it please.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hey!! Don't disturb my nap!!! :mad: :mad:

Can you teach me to read in my sleep too?