PDA

View Full Version : Division II Semi-Finals: Vernon/Celina

Pages : [1] 2 3

RMAC
12-09-2006, 06:40 PM
1st off, congrats on both teams for making it this far, that's quite an accomplishment. Let's get this thing going.

bobcat1
12-09-2006, 06:42 PM
After last night, Celina. ;) :D Vernon does have another good back for us to attempt to stop........

RMAC
12-09-2006, 06:49 PM
I have to be honest; I really didn't expect Vernon to win this game today after seeing Greenwood's QB last week. That kid was impressive. But since the loss to Graham, Vernon hasn't looked back and they've come to play every down since then. Best of luck to them and I hope they can bring another trophy back to the NCT!!!(that's north central texas).:D

OldNavy
12-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Game: Saturday at 4:00 PM
New Denton Football Complex
Celina is home team.

This may be a first, Celina coaches winning a coin toss!

bobcat1
12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
That's friggin Awesome! 30 minutes from Home!!!!!!! :D :thumbsup: :wave: http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/89/popcorn7cl.gif

I guess we better get ready for a http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/272/stickfigure3wo.gif

BobcatBenny
12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Looking like it is going to be a close one! :)

RMAC
12-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Sweet. I'm heading to Denton on Saturday.

mchavez
12-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Sweet. I'm heading to Denton on Saturday.

RMAC, are you from Vernon?

Who-dun-it!!?
12-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Watch out for this Cinderella Vernon Team!! Beware of paying too much attention to the records. Ask Perryton, Sweetwater, Snyder and Midland Greenwood!! Vernon has not had an easy road through the playoffs. Any one of these teams could have been here instead. And if records indicate, They all were supposed to beat Vernon. But Guess What!! These Lions are for real!!!

Good Job Vernon!!!! Good Luck in the SEMI's!!!

RMAC
12-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
RMAC, are you from Vernon?

I am not. I was born and raised in Abilene where I attended Wylie and then I moved to Graham after my 9th grade year.

Mustangpride09
12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Celina by AT LEAST 30.

RMAC
12-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Celina by AT LEAST 30.

:clap: Oh you younguns just never learn. :rolleyes:

Mustangpride09
12-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Just watch.

carter08
12-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Celina

They are the least overrated of the 2

RMAC
12-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Just watch.

Do you mean the just watch like Celina will REALLy win by 30, or is this just like when you said Sweetwater would kill Vernon? Oh wait, was it like the just watch where Snyder would kill Vernon? Or even better, the just watch where Greenwood kills Vernon? Which of those would it be? Please tell us.:rolleyes: Had enough time to figure out where I'm going with this?;) Thought so. Man I almost hate being right about everything.:D

$cooter!
12-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Hopefully Vernon pulls it out.

Mustangpride09
12-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Do you mean the just watch like Celina will REALLy win by 30, or is this just like when you said Sweetwater would kill Vernon? Oh wait, was it like the just watch where Snyder would kill Vernon? Or even better, the just watch where Greenwood kills Vernon? Which of those would it be? Please tell us.:rolleyes: Had enough time to figure out where I'm going with this?;) Thought so. Man I almost hate being right about everything.:D

I didn't make ONE post about any of those games you listed above, so I have no idea what your talking about. And im being serious about saying Celina by at least 30.

Cameron Crazy
12-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Celina wins this one!

RMAC
12-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I would really love for Vernon to win it. I didn't think they'd beat Sweetwater as bad as they did, much less beat the Mustangs at all. I thought they were pretty even with Snyder, but I all but counted them out against THE WOOD. All I'm saying is now, it's AWFULLY hard for me to root against them. They've impressed not only me, but I'm sure many around the state. Best of luck to the Lions next Saturday in Denton.

Cameron Crazy
12-09-2006, 11:07 PM
I may have to go watch that one if im not hunting.

RMAC
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
I didn't make ONE post about any of those games you listed above, so I have no idea what your talking about. And im being serious about saying Celina by at least 30.

Sorry, I must have mixed you up with 07, you guys pretty much post the same things through those red sunglasses. By the way, where can I get some of those?:D If you're serious about Celina by 30 you've got to be smoking some good stuff. At 9-5, Vernon is BY FAR the underdog in this one, but hey, they've done okay with that role since we started this whole party last month right? I don't see this being a route like some may. Vernon is one of the year's cindarella teams and I sure hope it doesn't end this week.

wildstangs
12-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Pulling for Vernon here but I think Celina wins easily. Dont know how they do it every year, but they are impressive.

Mustangpride09
12-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Sorry, I must have mixed you up with 07, you guys pretty much post the same things through those red sunglasses. By the way, where can I get some of those?:D If you're serious about Celina by 30 you've got to be smoking some good stuff. At 9-5, Vernon is BY FAR the underdog in this one, but hey, they've done okay with that role since we started this whole party last month right? I don't see this being a route like some may. Vernon is one of the year's cindarella teams and I sure hope it doesn't end this week.

What red sunglasses? I hope Vernon wins.

VERNONLION#1
12-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Game: Saturday at 4:00 PM
New Denton Football Complex
Celina is home team.

This may be a first, Celina coaches winning a coin toss!

Where is the Stadium located in Denton. What is in the area.

$cooter!
12-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Where is the Stadium located in Denton. What is in the area. I didnt bring the directions with me here to Korea but you will enjoy it, its a nice facility. Rider played there last year.

OldNavy
12-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Where is the Stadium located in Denton. What is in the area.

Loop 288 North, about 2.5 miles East of Interstate 35. That is an outer loop of Denton and at the exit there is an outlet mall on the South East side of the interstate and Loop 288. Otherwise there isn't anything else out there but a Football Stadium and a water park with residential development on the south side of the loop. I am sure a Denton resident can be much more specific. The stadium is new and should be a great venue for the game.

WildTexan
12-09-2006, 11:44 PM
the stadium is really nice as in like the Waco palace....not a far trip for Bobcats fans at all....we can go party all night in Denton and then.....wait....nothing to do there, I forgot.....

date night Friday night, then HS football Saturday evening....nothing in the world beats that....

Maroon uniforms.....can it get any worse?

Leopards,class of 75
12-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Good luck to both teams! A very nice place to play football for sure!!! I will stick with Celina in this one...... Celina 35, Vernon 14

Dominicfrank
12-10-2006, 01:23 AM
I think most people have Vernon losing this game. I am from Vernon and probably the biggest homer for my former home town but I think they do it. It is going to be real tough. My only reason why we win is that Ashton Whiteside is something no other team in the state has therefore Celina just doesn't know what he brings, no matter how much film they watch. I have heard that Celina's road was far easier but that is all out the door now. I will be at this game as I was for the Atlanta game a few years back. Vernon is a GREAT team. Celina brings a load, we will not be favored in anyones true mind but nothing and I mean nothing can beat a team possessed and I think that team is Vernon. So go ahead and vote for Celina, I would too if I never saw Vernon play, it will only fuel the fire that cant be stopped.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-10-2006, 01:49 AM
The Lions are playing some good football. That being said the Lions can not make mistakes in this game. Fumbles (We have had two the past two games in which cost us touchdowns). We have to protect the ball. Vernon has a good team, Whiteside is a huge part of that team. The o-line has played big. The defense has played very well. Special teams has been good one week and bad the next. Those guys have to pick it up.

Celina has a football tradition like that of SLC. Excellence. They will be a very tough opponent. Undefeated. Storied program. The Lions will be the underdog and they should be. Can we beat Celina? Well -- I have faith in our team.

Go Lions.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 12:00 PM

The reason you guys keep winning is style of play. The only team
that could stop you was Snyder but they could not keep the ball
long enough to last. Not good enough on the O side of the ball. Greenwood and Sweetwater cannot play good enough Defense and you keep the ball away and keep them out of sync with your top 20 defense. Celina plays ball control with one of top rated defenses around. And we throw for as much as we need. Our starting QB rested last game with a hip pointer that is almost healed. Our all state FS(kicker, wr, back, and QB) passed for 1 TD (188 yards passing no picks) and ran for two more while our defense held them to 126 total yards. Most of that was in the first quarter while we adjusted to their speed. Second Q 25 yards. Second half 11 total yards. And they were good. So was Madison. Robinson, another team we beat should win D1 state this year in 3a at least IMHO. And congrats BTW, YOu guys have been playing really solid football. I look forward to next saturday. My old alma mater was also maroon and white and I was a region 1 guy from way back. Live in Celina now and would not trade it. But I still love my region 1 roots and came from around the Abilene area.

gobbler grad
12-10-2006, 12:06 PM
going with the Bobcats...started a little slow against BB, but turned it on in the 2nd half...should be another show stopper this week...good luck to both teams , but come on Celina...:clap: :clap:

NDFootball
12-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Celina

If you've made it this far in the playoffs you're not overrated.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Celina

Just got to ask. Is your team on a 30 game winning streak? Is your team 128 and 4 in the last 132 games? Has your team won
5 state titles and only lost 1 district or preseason game in that time? Is your team in the state semi's next week? Is a team that
you beat 42-14 playing in the state finals next week in 3a div 1?
Get back to me.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Why even have this poll? Celina rips a new one in Vernon :D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Just got to ask. Is your team on a 30 game winning streak? Is your team 128 and 4 in the last 132 games? Has your team won
5 state titles and only lost 1 district or preseason game in that time? Is your team in the state semi's next week? Is a team that
Get back to me.

I think you've made your point.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Nobody can argue that Celina is a heavy favorite. But surly although its still happening nobody should argue that Vernon ain't gonna get rolled over. Celina's high powered offense will probably take control of this game. But there defense no matter how good they are won't stop Vernon's Offense. I guess you could say they too have a high powered offense. And ask the last three opponants about consentrating on Whiteside. I saw Vernon's QB turn what sould have been a sack for a huge loss into a long run for a first down. He can scramble as good as anyone and better than most. And just when you think the haus is gettin the ball, Graf makes you pay for it. And oh yea, They can throw the ball too. Don't hand that trophy to Celina just yet. If anyone can knock em off, Its VERNON!!!

GOOD LUCK FROM YOUR BANWAGON FAN
GO LIONS!!!!!

WildTexan
12-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey this Whiteside kid may well be very good.....but this will be about the 3rd week in a row we will have been told "no one in the state has a back like this" and how since HE is so special and different he can not be stopped.....so far, not to brag but this is the week to brag before a big game, the sum total of all these "unstoppable backs" is about 100 yds, if that....

I can not speak for all the Celina fans, but I can tell you most of us are not so much into the 3-4-5 td victories every week, because those games get dull fast, so the BB game was entertaining since it was more competitive at least thru the half.....I hope Vernon can bring a great game to view as well, but it is just hard for me to believe that the Whiteside kid will be that much better than the last 3 super backs we have watched to make that much of a difference in the outcome.....

The only time you should ever favor maroon over orange is when maroon plays burnt up orange, cause anyone with sense likes watchin Aggies whip Texas....but come this Saturday, pretty orange will beat maroon at the high school level, and again we will have to put off our Christmas holiday festivities until the Finals are played.....we have kinda gotten used to this routine over the past 10-11 years I reckon.....

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Nobody can argue that Celina is a heavy favorite. But surly although its still happening nobody should argue that Vernon ain't gonna get rolled over. Celina's high powered will probably take control of this game. But there defense no matter how good they are won't stop Vernon's Offense. I guess you could say they too have a high powered offense. And ask the last three opponants about consentrating on Whiteside. I saw Vernon's QB turn what sould have been a sack for a huge loss into a long run for a first down. He can scramble as good as anyone and better than most. And just when you think the haus is gettin the ball, Graf makes you pay for it. And oh yea, They can throw the ball too. Don't hand that trophy to Celina just yet. If anyone can knock em off, Its VERNON!!!

GO LIONS!!!!!

I think you misunderstood. I was talking to Carter08 about being overrated. I do not think Vernon is going to roll over. Much the opposite. I think Vernon may have the most heart of any of the teams we have faced so far except Argyle Liberty Christian and Robinson. Talk about heart. They just would not stop.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2006, 01:40 PM
I think you misunderstood. I was talking to Carter08 about being overrated. I do not think Vernon is going to roll over. Much the opposite. I think Vernon may have the most heart of any of the teams we have faced so far except Argyle Liberty Christian and Robinson. Talk about heart. They just would not stop.

Yes I understand. I certainly consider Vernon the underdog, and I have for the last three weeks. As you can see they sent my hometown boys to the hardwood. You got one thing right, they got heart!! I'm an official non-resident fan of the Vernon Lions. They deserve to be where they are, and if they get past Celina, They deserve that too.

BobcatBenny
12-10-2006, 01:42 PM
...They just would not stop.

But they did rollover! :D :devil: :D :devil:

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Nobody can argue that Celina is a heavy favorite. But surly although its still happening nobody should argue that Vernon ain't gonna get rolled over. Celina's high powered will probably take control of this game. But there defense no matter how good they are won't stop Vernon's Offense. I guess you could say they too have a high powered offense. And ask the last three opponants about consentrating on Whiteside. I saw Vernon's QB turn what sould have been a sack for a huge loss into a long run for a first down. He can scramble as good as anyone and better than most. And just when you think the haus is gettin the ball, Graf makes you pay for it. And oh yea, They can throw the ball too. Don't hand that trophy to Celina just yet. If anyone can knock em off, Its VERNON!!!

GO LIONS!!!!!

If you think we are worried about someone throwing on us, I think we have 8 sacks and 7 picks in the last three games. And come to the game. If it goes like I think the D will go, you will see
us stop Vernon. Snyder has a good D. But you do not have our
scheme. I think we average giving up about 130 yards a game.
I think Vernon's achilles heel is they give up to many points. They
play pretty good Defense but their PF PA is close. 312 221.
Celina's PF PA is 573 104. We are as far in the playoffs as they are and our schedule has been roughly equal to theirs albeit slightly weaker. Close enough for the PF PA stat to really mean something. BTW, I picked Snyder based on your D to win in a sqeaker against them. I was close. Snyder just did not have enough O to keep their D off the field enough. I figured we would be playing yall in Abilene at Shotwell. That would have been cool to me since I went to college at ACU.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I havn't seen Celina play ever, but there record and stats speak for themselves. If they win this week, congrats they were supposed to anyway. But if Vernon can somehow pull it off, it will be amazing. And I don't think Celina is the least bit worried about any team they face, passing, running, whatever. They've proven over and over that they can stop all who try. I'm simply saying that they will have yet another oppertunity this week to stop one of the best highschool fullbacks I've ever seen. And Vernon's offense is not one dementional. Yes I'm sure Celina's Defense is able to handle anything thats thrown at them, but they will be tested again this week. I say good luck to both squads, and I'll be rootin for the Lions for a continuation of a cinderella season.

Go Lions!!!

Snydertigersrul
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
Hey this Whiteside kid may well be very good.....but this will be about the 3rd week in a row we will have been told "no one in the state has a back like this" and how since HE is so special and different he can not be stopped.....so far, not to brag but this is the week to brag before a big game, the sum total of all these "unstoppable backs" is about 100 yds, if that....

I can not speak for all the Celina fans, but I can tell you most of us are not so much into the 3-4-5 td victories every week, because those games get dull fast, so the BB game was entertaining since it was more competitive at least thru the half.....I hope Vernon can bring a great game to view as well, but it is just hard for me to believe that the Whiteside kid will be that much better than the last 3 super backs we have watched to make that much of a difference in the outcome.....

The only time you should ever favor maroon over orange is when maroon plays burnt up orange, cause anyone with sense likes watchin Aggies whip Texas....but come this Saturday, pretty orange will beat maroon at the high school level, and again we will have to put off our Christmas holiday festivities until the Finals are played.....we have kinda gotten used to this routine over the past 10-11 years I reckon.....

You make a great point. Whiteside is a good back, but they now are playing a team from a different part of the state where they probalby played againsts just as good or better every week. Celina's record speaks for itself. It probaby will be close for a half before the Bobcats roll big.

mustang04
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Get back to me.

i would have a comeback for that.....buuuuut it is against board rules what i would say...so i'm keeping my mouth shut

RMAC
12-10-2006, 02:33 PM
The reason you guys keep winning is style of play. The only team
that could stop you was Snyder but they could not keep the ball
long enough to last. Not good enough on the O side of the ball. Greenwood and Sweetwater cannot play good enough Defense and you keep the ball away and keep them out of sync with your top 20 defense. Celina plays ball control with one of top rated defenses around. And we throw for as much as we need. Our starting QB rested last game with a hip pointer that is almost healed. Our all state FS(kicker, wr, back, and QB) passed for 1 TD (188 yards passing no picks) and ran for two more while our defense held them to 126 total yards. Most of that was in the first quarter while we adjusted to their speed. Second Q 25 yards. Second half 11 total yards. And they were good. So was Madison. Robinson, another team we beat should win D1 state this year in 3a at least IMHO. And congrats BTW, YOu guys have been playing really solid football. I look forward to next saturday. My old alma mater was also maroon and white and I was a region 1 guy from way back. Live in Celina now and would not trade it. But I still love my region 1 roots and came from around the Abilene area.

I'm not from Vernon. I hate Vernon, but I've been rooting for them since they played Snyder. I went to Graham. Vernon plays the ball control game too. Like you said, they've played it well enough to win the game, which is what matters. If your defense is on the sidelines more than half the game, that really helps them out and keeps them fresh. I'll stick with this not being a route. Whoever wins it will be by 7 at the most. Perhaps 10. I'm pulling for Vernon in this one. Gotta bring that trophy back to the NCT!!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
You make a great point. Whiteside is a good back, but they now are playing a team from a different part of the state where they probalby played againsts just as good or better every week. Celina's record speaks for itself. It probaby will be close for a half before the Bobcats roll big.

On the backs, it was Shawnbrey Mcneal, Dallas madison. 4.4 speed committed to Texas A&M. 11 carries 23 yards. Buker, great nifty little back, 5' 4" 140 and stops and turns on a dime. Probably 4.5 10 carries for 36. Ricco Richards, Bboro. 4.4 speed(they claim 4.36) d1 d2 prospect, 17 carries 24 yards, 9 for losses. Total rushing yards for the last 3 playoff teams, less than 100 yards added together. Held Pilot Point our arch rival and a playoff team that lost to Brownsboro in round 3 to -13 yards rushing in the game(yes minus 13).

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey Billyfred, let's just be thankful Celina has made it this far. whatdayasay? This Vernon team don't need any ammunition. Heck we could use some though. ;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Hey Billyfred, let's just be thankful Celina has made it this far. whatdayasay? This Vernon team don't need any ammunition. Heck we could use some though. ;)

Well you may be right. But I know we were sure worried about
Bboro especially with that monster right tackle. He was pretty
darn stout. And I believe those stats they posted on him now.
600 pound squat and 400 pound bench press. He looked like he could sure hold up his end of a piano.

Macarthur
12-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm a Dist. 6-3A boy so I'm pulling for Vernon.

However, the biggest reason I want them to win is because Celina has the worst uniforms in the history of organized sports, especially their all orange. Ugh! Absolutely Horrible!

Why don't you guys wear white pants? That would make it more bearable.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I'm a Dist. 6-3A boy so I'm pulling for Vernon.

However, the biggest reason I want them to win is because Celina has the worst uniforms in the history of organized sports, especially their all orange. Ugh! Absolutely Horrible!

Why don't you guys wear white pants? That would make it more bearable.

Oh man I love the big Orange. I hate it when we play in whites.

RMAC
12-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I can dig the orange and white. The all orange is like watching Syracuse or something. :D It's okay, all teams have their preferences.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Show us a pic of Celina's uniforms.

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Celina 42
Vernon 7

Offense wins games...defense wins championships

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Celina Pictures in here
http://25thaviation.org/Travelguides/id1024.htm

Snydertigersrul
12-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Celina 42
Vernon 7

Offense wins games...defense wins championships

Good pick and that score may be right.

Alaska cat
12-10-2006, 07:25 PM
just a little confused here...if the Whiteside kid is so good...and the district is comparable or tougher to Region II...how in the world did you manage to loose so many games??

Was the kid sick? grades werent good enough?...what inquiring minds wanna know

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Check the Atlanta Rabbits of 2003. Very simliar. They had a kid named Burns who reminds me of Whiteside. The Lions have just finally put things together.

Graham held us to 7 points. But Whiteside did not get enough carries. They have really been giving him the ball in the playoffs and he has done a great job. Also the o-line has done excellent.

Can he be shut down? Yes, Graham did it. But we have become more balanced since then. Has Snyder or Greenwood shut him down I'm sure we would have run Chase Graf to the outside. But they didn't so we just keept running him. Stay with what is working. But our passing game has picked up as well.

VERNONLION#1
12-10-2006, 07:44 PM
just a little confused here...if the Whiteside kid is so good...and the district is comparable or tougher to Region II...how in the world did you manage to loose so many games??

Was the kid sick? grades werent good enough?...what inquiring minds wanna know

I would say that records are not what you go by this far in the season. The kids on the field determine who goes home and who go on. JMO. I will go as far as saying that the LIONS will give them all that they can handle. Win or Lose!;)

bobcat1
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I have no doubt about that. No team in the 4 remaining are going to give anything less than their all. They are all here by giving there all and I expect to see it Saturday. Man don't you just love High School Football!!!! The sad part is this season is over in 2 weeks for us all................ When do 2 a days start next year??

Stownhorse
12-10-2006, 08:18 PM
After last night, Celina. ;) :D Vernon does have another good back for us to attempt to stop........

Everyone has attempted to stop him.....guess what? he will run you over, stiff arm you and if your lucky he might just hurdle you so you dont get crushed. Saw him hurdle a few Greenwood players and he hurdled one of our players in the game that they gave us all we wanted.

Lion92
12-11-2006, 12:13 AM
On the backs, it was Shawnbrey Mcneal, Dallas madison. 4.4 speed committed to Texas A&M. 11 carries 23 yards. Buker, great nifty little back, 5' 4" 140 and stops and turns on a dime. Probably 4.5 10 carries for 36. Ricco Richards, Bboro. 4.4 speed(they claim 4.36) d1 d2 prospect, 17 carries 24 yards, 9 for losses. Total rushing yards for the last 3 playoff teams, less than 100 yards added together. Held Pilot Point our arch rival and a playoff team that lost to Brownsboro in round 3 to -13 yards rushing in the game(yes minus 13).

I have seen two of the backs you listed and neither has the combination of size, speed, and toughness that Whiteside has, he is over 6 feet and close to 230 and deceptively quick for his size. I won't go out on a limb and say you wont shut him down but I will say it is unlikely that you will stop him completely. Celina is a great progarm no doubting that, but Vernon is not shabby either.

Go Lions!

WildTexan
12-11-2006, 01:12 AM
no one has to shut down any back.....all ya gotta do is contain most of his production and win the game.....I don't care if a back gets 175 on us if we win the game.....all I know is not very often has any team beaten Celina in the past 10 years that can name their one main offensive weapon so easily.....

The Cosby kid at Mart was a horse, and Celina did not shut him down, but they did harness him enough to win the game, and that is all that matters this week......another of those "you have not seen anyone like him backs"....so was he hurt those games Vernon lost this year or was there some other reason they could not win those games?

Alaska cat
12-11-2006, 01:38 AM
I will make some simple predictions based strictly on the past 10 16 or so....maybe a few years worth

Whiteside wont get 100 yards rushing.

Vernon wont get 200 yards total offense.

If they throw they will loose the ball 50% of the time

That is not bragging that is just the simple historical stats

As far as whiteside goes Brek Holman will take care of it..all 5'4 140 lbs of him if he ventures towards the left end area.
kiss:

Holman will get at least two sacks or disrutions of the QB:):

bobcat1
12-11-2006, 05:54 AM
I predict we will see a good game. I predict I will get there really early and be in the lower level seats on the 50. I will be happy with a 1 point win. That's all it takes to move on.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 06:00 AM
I will make some simple predictions based strictly on the past 10 16 or so....maybe a few years worth

As far as whiteside goes Brek Holman will take care of it..all 5'4 140 lbs of him if he ventures towards the left end area.
kiss:

Those are NOT historical facts. These two teams have not played so there are no historial facts on these two teams. Hats off to the Celina's past, but those teams are not going to be out there Saturday. This year's team will be and as of yet they are NOT the state champions.

Whiteside is a weapon that Vernon has been using and he has proven to be effective gaining over 200 yards the past two games. Now that is a fact. Can he do it against Celina? We don't know yet. But we sure as hell is hot are about to find out.

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Lion92
I have seen two of the backs you listed and neither has the combination of size, speed, and toughness that Whiteside has, he is over 6 feet and close to 230 and deceptively quick for his size. I won't go out on a limb and say you wont shut him down but I will say it is unlikely that you will stop him completely. Celina is a great progarm no doubting that, but Vernon is not shabby either.

Go Lions!

Backs do not matter if you own the line of scrimmage. If he gets
hit when he is in the backfield he won't get started. You can discuss how special backs are but it is line play that gets it going.
So don't tell me he is unusual. One of our tackles is a d1 prospect
and 6 7 270. The other really good lineman is 6 3 250 and will
be an OSU Cowboy next year. I am not offering a prediction. Just
pointing out that backs do only what the line allows.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 09:01 AM
hit when he is in the backfield he won't get started. You can discuss how special backs are but it is line play that gets it going.
pointing out that backs do only what the line allows.

Agree in part. Our line will have to make the blocks to get him out of the backfield. That is a good point. This guy will get some yards no matter what. He is a strong runner and goes the over the player route. I'm sure that the actual Celina players or booster club that has watched the Vernon game film will agree. Now if he can pick up 5 or 6 a carry versus 1 or 2 will be the question. If he can't Vernon will have to go outside and go to the air. They have done both this year but Whiteside running up the middle will be key for us.

In 2001 the Lions played Perryton for the regional championship game. This was in DI. We had a back named Bernard Scott that was the best back that I have ever seen in high school (I have seen a lot of games by the way) He had football speed, and instincts...he knew when and where to run. Uncanny this kid. I raved on and on about him on a message board (not this one). Well the Rangers shut him out that day. They never missed a tackle. I remember a guy telling me that I had egg on my face after I had talked up this kid and then he did nothing. So I don't want to do that again but other than Scott, and a kid named Richardson, Whiteside is the best back we have had come through this program.

Oh yes, Scott went on to play college ball. He has bounced around (off the field problems mostly) earned all conference honors at University of Central Arkansas and recently was named MVP of the Jr. College National Championship (Blinn JC). He is awesome, but that day he was shut out. It can be done I already know this.

DaHop72
12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
pointing out that backs do only what the line allows. I have watched Vernon play three games in a row now and will agree the Whiteside kid is a hoss, but the main reason that he has gained the yards he has is because he is usually three yards past the line of scrimmage before he is hit. Vernon has a very good line on both sides of the ball and I think that is where much of there success has come from. I believe this is where this game will be won or lost. If Vernon can run the ball as they have lately they will use up huge hunks of the clock on every possesion that they get.

BIG T 79
12-11-2006, 09:31 AM
HUH

VERNONLION#1
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM

kiss:

It must be really freeezing up in Alaska. I didn't know it could get cold enough to mess up your thought process!!!!!!!

tree8400
12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
hopefully vernon will be able to stop the celina little pop up onside kick that no team has been able to recover.

sweetwater07
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Celina by AT LEAST 30.

i think you may be right...i just don't think vernon stands a chance against Celina.....

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
It must be really freeezing up in Alaska. I didn't know it could get cold enough to mess up your thought process!!!!!!!

Just an observation not a prediction. It occurs to me that every
week some new team has some new back that is unbelievable
unstoppable and we really better get ready for BBall. The Celina
faithful do not say we are going to roll over anyone with our O. We generally preach Our D. I myself have not made any predictions on score. Just commented on history and style of play because we love Defense in Celina. However, just for fun, How is
Vernon ever going to stop us? Our O line has a two time allstater
(gonna be 3 time) who is going to be playing in Orange and White
next year with the Oklahoma State Cowboys. All I hear about is
a fullback. Has it occurred to anyone that he has to have the ball
to score and we may not give it to him? Just a thought. We have
scored 573 points this year and only given up 104. On a pergame basis that is 41 to 7.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 11:26 AM
I have no doubt about that. No team in the 4 remaining are going to give anything less than their all. They are all here by giving there all and I expect to see it Saturday. Man don't you just love High School Football!!!! The sad part is this season is over in 2 weeks for us all................ When do 2 a days start next year??

Not soon enough Bobcat not soon enough....

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I predict we will see a good game. I predict I will get there really early and be in the lower level seats on the 50. I will be happy with a 1 point win. That's all it takes to move on.

Amen bobcat. No injuries and safe drives for all and a 1 point win
is all a man could ask for.

WildTexan
12-11-2006, 11:36 AM
"hopefully vernon will be able to stop the celina little pop up onside kick that no team has been able to recover"

BB pulled the same gig on us after their 1st score....

In the stands we laugh when the other team comes out and gets up on us....we know the coaches are making constant adjustments to tighten the screws, so our running joke is "don't make Butch mad by scoring on us or its over for you guys"....

BB had the long pass where the WR got behind both our DBs, and they scored after the long completion.....then comes the pooch kick to a hole with a guy missing....they take it down and score again, and then Butch turns and says NO MORE.....and it was over.....from that point on the game was all Orange all the time.....

The BB folks I ran into were all good folks, from the little interaction we had, but someone had to go home sad and ready for roundball, and we suck at roundball for the most part, so we put it off as long as possible.....

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
"hopefully vernon will be able to stop the celina little pop up onside kick that no team has been able to recover"

BB pulled the same gig on us after their 1st score....

In the stands we laugh when the other team comes out and gets up on us....we know the coaches are making constant adjustments to tighten the screws, so our running joke is "don't make Butch mad by scoring on us or its over for you guys"....

BB had the long pass where the WR got behind both our DBs, and they scored after the long completion.....then comes the pooch kick to a hole with a guy missing....they take it down and score again, and then Butch turns and says NO MORE.....and it was over.....from that point on the game was all Orange all the time.....

The BB folks I ran into were all good folks, from the little interaction we had, but someone had to go home sad and ready for roundball, and we suck at roundball for the most part, so we put it off as long as possible.....

Sure would make Snyder, Greenwood and Sweetwater look good with a Vernon victory. I don't think their would be enough smokers in West Texas for all the crow.

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Just an observation not a prediction. It occurs to me that every
week some new team has some new back that is unbelievable
unstoppable and we really better get ready for BBall. The Celina
faithful do not say we are going to roll over anyone with our O. We generally preach Our D. I myself have not made any predictions on score. Just commented on history and style of play because we love Defense in Celina. However, just for fun, How is
Vernon ever going to stop us? Our O line has a two time allstater
(gonna be 3 time) who is going to be playing in Orange and White
next year with the Oklahoma State Cowboys. All I hear about is
a fullback. Has it occurred to anyone that he has to have the ball
to score and we may not give it to him? Just a thought. We have
scored 573 points this year and only given up 104. On a pergame basis that is 41 to 7.:thinking:

Just brought this to this page. No answer yet.

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Sure would make Snyder, Greenwood and Sweetwater look good with a Vernon victory. I don't think their would be enough smokers in West Texas for all the crow.

One thing I can tell you. The football team won't see any of this or agree with it. Coach Ford has pretty strict rules about a lot of this and will convince them that Vernon is a superior team no matter what the truth. He asked the team last week- " how many
teams are left?" "8" the team replied. "Are they any good?"
"yessir" was the instant reply. This school has not missed the playoffs in a long time. These boys(a lot of them) were on the state champ team last year. They know that it is tough and expect Vernon to be one tough team.

JasonTX
12-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Being from Vernon you'd expect me to pick them to win every week. Well, to be honest I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs. They squeeked in there. Well, I certainly didn't expect them to beat Perryton and dang sure didn't expect them to beat Sweetwater. In fact, I figured Sweetwater was going to win by a huge margin. Then here came Snyder. By all the numbers and talk on this board it was easily a blowout game for Snyder. Greenwood was easily favored to win. Afterall, the beat Graham who also be Vernon. It was a no-brainer for Greenwood to beat Vernon. So each week here I am basically picking against my hometown and if you look at all the polls on this site I think the majority of folks had Vernon losing in all the past polls. Is it a fluke? I really don't know. All I can say is, if you pick against Vernon they find a way to win. Eventually we'll all become a believer in this Vernon team.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2006, 01:14 PM
[i]. They know that it is tough and expect Vernon to be one tough team. [/B]

Absolutely!!

There are no weak teams left!! Vernon has traveled a tuff road to get where they are. If that doesn't prove there tuffness, nothing will. Celina is undisputedly tuff. No question what-so-ever.

Can't wait to see the outcome of the semi's!!!!!

GO VERNON!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JasonTX
Being from Vernon you'd expect me to pick them to win every week. Well, to be honest I didn't even expect them to make the playoffs. They squeeked in there. Well, I certainly didn't expect them to beat Perryton and dang sure didn't expect them to beat Sweetwater. In fact, I figured Sweetwater was going to win by a huge margin. Then here came Snyder. By all the numbers and talk on this board it was easily a blowout game for Snyder. Greenwood was easily favored to win. Afterall, the beat Graham who also be Vernon. It was a no-brainer for Greenwood to beat Vernon. So each week here I am basically picking against my hometown and if you look at all the polls on this site I think the majority of folks had Vernon losing in all the past polls. Is it a fluke? I really don't know. All I can say is, if you pick against Vernon they find a way to win. Eventually we'll all become a believer in this Vernon team.

Great post.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Just brought this to this page. No answer yet.

Here is your answer. The Lions have to keep the Lion offense on the field and the Celina Offense off the field. That means long time consuming drives. The Lions have to run the clock out from the start. Shorten this game up to give us a chance. Score when we get into the red zone. Touchdowns and not field goals. This will be a tall order but you asked how to beat Celina and the answer is not to let them have the ball. Celina has scored a lot of points. So we will have to sustain drives when we have the ball. That also means limiting penalties. Can't have a 1st and 15 or first and 20. Our o-line has to block and stay with them. We need perfect execution. We can not give up any special teams points and must try and get some. We did great against Sweetwater but so/so the past two weeks. We need a touchdown return on a punt or a kickoff. We have had them this year and we will need those guys to step up. No blocks in the back deals. We need a short field to work on.

That's it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Here is your answer. The Lions have to keep the Lion offense on the field and the Celina Offense off the field. That means long time consuming drives. The Lions have to run the clock out from the start. Shorten this game up to give us a chance. Score when we get into the red zone. Touchdowns and not field goals. This will be a tall order but you asked how to beat Celina and the answer is not to let them have the ball. Celina has scored a lot of points. So we will have to sustain drives when we have the ball. That also means limiting penalties. Can't have a 1st and 15 or first and 20. Our o-line has to block and stay with them. We need perfect execution. We can not give up any special teams points and must try and get some. We did great against Sweetwater but so/so the past two weeks. We need a touchdown return on a punt or a kickoff. We have had them this year and we will need those guys to step up. No blocks in the back deals. We need a short field to work on.

That's it.

My question was the antithesis. Suppose your D cannot control
us. Suppose our O keeps the ball. Once we get up how do you catch up?

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 01:30 PM

Just so you know, I picked Vernon to win or toss up against everybody but Sweetwater. Not being familiar enough with your style of play was my mistake there. In hindsight I would still have picked Sweetwater but with conditions that they did not meet. Snyder was the toss up game and they had to play their best D to do it and come up with some O which was their weakness. Greenwood had not played anyone IMHO. Perryton the same. Sweetwater had been beat by good defensive teams.
I gave Vernon(except for Sweetwater) good chances to advance.
If Sweetwater would have beat you we would be talking about playing the mustangs next week because they too would have gotten this far.

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Here is your answer. ... We can not give up any special teams points and must try and get some. We did great against Sweetwater but so/so the past two weeks. We need a touchdown return on a punt or a kickoff. We have had them this year and we will need those guys to step up. No blocks in the back deals. We need a short field to work on.

That's it.

I love your post. I have been waiting to see a game where a team will put together sustained drives against Celina. Prosper had one sustained drive and could not produce a second. Canton had 3/4 of one and then 1/2 of one.

Brownsboro went the way of Madison and most of the other teams a couple of quick scores and their defense back on the field to be worn down.

This is why I initially thought Celina's season would end in defeat. They would eventually run across a team that could sustain drives.

If Vernon can sustain drives they will not need special teams points or anything else. Celina's season will end.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
If we can't get it going on the ground we will be forced to throw and although we will throw the ball we really like to run it. We are a lot stronger running the ball. I just have to hope we don't get down early.

I don't know anything about Celina's offense but our defense is going to have to have some stops. We sure don't want to be in a shootout with only a knife! Lol -- that's a good one.

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 01:52 PM
If we can't get it going on the ground we will be forced to throw and although we will throw the ball we really like to run it. We are a lot stronger running the ball. I just have to hope we don't get down early.

I don't know anything about Celina's offense but our defense is going to have to have some stops. We sure don't want to be in a shootout with only a knife! Lol -- that's a good one.

Yeehaw, that's what my grandpa used to say. Never bring a knife
to a gunfight. I think he could have won either.

BILLYFRED0000
12-11-2006, 01:59 PM

Good post. Our special teams are special. Good kicker. When he
kicks it is a lot like a low handicap golfer. He can put it in the endzone about 3 out of 10 or get close the rest of the time. On the other hand if he needs a wedge shot he can place it on a dime. Punter is ok average length or a little less but good hang time. We have not given up a special teams score all season.

westexasfball87
12-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Watch out for this Cinderella Vernon Team!! Beware of paying too much attention to the records. Ask Perryton, Sweetwater, Snyder and Midland Greenwood!! Vernon has not had an easy road through the playoffs. Any one of these teams could have been here instead. And if records indicate, They all were supposed to beat Vernon. But Guess What!! These Lions are for real!!!

Good Job Vernon!!!! Good Luck in the SEMI's!!! Vernon physically handled Greenwood up front as they did the other teams. This will not happen saturday and Vernon is a one horse show. Celina 42 Vernon 6

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by westexasfball87
Vernon physically handled Greenwood up front as they did the other teams. This will not happen saturday and Vernon is a one horse show. Celina 42 Vernon 6

One horse show? I wish!!!
If that were the case, they wouldn't be here now, and Celina would be facing Snyder or Greenwood. But hey, opinions are what makes this board fun. 42-6? I don't know bout that either. Celina is certainly capable of putting points up on anybody, but I think your not giving Vernon enough credit. Thats ok though, Us and three other teams are on the hardwood now for this same reason. I agree Celina is the favorite, and I think they'll probably win. But I won't be a bit supprised if they get shocked by this "One Horse Show".

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Just so you know, I picked Vernon to win or toss up against everybody but Sweetwater. Not being familiar enough with your style of play was my mistake there. In hindsight I would still have picked Sweetwater but with conditions that they did not meet. Snyder was the toss up game and they had to play their best D to do it and come up with some O which was their weakness. Greenwood had not played anyone IMHO. Perryton the same. Sweetwater had been beat by good defensive teams.
I gave Vernon(except for Sweetwater) good chances to advance.
If Sweetwater would have beat you we would be talking about playing the mustangs next week because they too would have gotten this far.

Not so fast bill!!

Sweetwater would have had there hands full with Snyder, and if by a slim chance they advanced, Greenwood would have been a challenge. Sweetwater was not the team of the past few years.
They lost to Wylie who lost to Canyon, who lost to Snyder. Vernon handed them there own @$$ and had a pretty tuff time against Snyder the following week only winning by six and securing that win near the end of the game. They then beat Greenwood 27-19 to advance to the semi's. I too picked Sweetwater over Vernon because of my own iggnorance. I'm use to watching Sweetwater dominate. But this year, looking back on what took place, I'm Confident that Both Snyder and Greenwood were better teams. I bet Vernon would agree.

RMAC
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by westexasfball87
Vernon physically handled Greenwood up front as they did the other teams. This will not happen saturday and Vernon is a one horse show. Celina 42 Vernon 6

Somebody still sore I see.:weeping: :bigcry: :weeping:

lion75
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Class 3A State championships...... Vernon 1 - Celina 0 Victories over Southlake.....Vernon 1- Celina 0......Number of 2A schools that Vernon has ever played - 0 Your gaudy numbers were built in a classification that we would not even agree to play somebody in. Check out our Class 4A permormances. North and West Texas is littered with 4A schools that we have hammered in the last 20 years. We start every year by playing Altus, Okla.(6A)

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-11-2006, 04:25 PM
All three teams were good. That said, Snyder was the best of the bunch in my opion. Well against Vernon anyway.

Dominicfrank
12-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Class 3A State championships...... Vernon 1 - Celina 0 Victories over Southlake.....Vernon 1- Celina 0......Number of 2A schools that Vernon has ever played - 0 Your gaudy numbers were built in a classification that we would not even agree to play somebody in. Check out our Class 4A permormances. North and West Texas is littered with 4A schools that we have hammered in the last 20 years. We start every year by playing Altus, Okla.(6A)

While I dont think Celina every even playeda 2A team in the preseason, tehy always played 3A teams and won 9/10 times. They are a GREAT team and would have been a year in year out 3A dominant team all those years if they were up to us. However, I think there road here this year was against lesser talent than we played. There are two ways to think about that too. One we could be beat up far more than they are and that would hurt us or we are toughened enough and we will win over there big heads and lack of playing a REAL tough. (Keep in mind, there are some good teams that lost to Celina but I really dont think Vernon, Snyder, Greenwood, Sweetwater would have lost to them either.)

tigerpride_08
12-11-2006, 05:16 PM
i pick Celina...

WildTexan
12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Gee Vernon is world beaters....just makes one wonder if they can litter the world with so many 4A teams, why can't they make the weakling 3A playoffs at a record better than 5-5?

not like their district is so tough....and they go on and on about losing to Midland Christian and how tough they are....hmmmm....just how does that relate to Celina?

(I know how it does but it is bad news for the maroon so no use messin up his point to show how we don't give a crap who they have played, we just don't like losing as much as they do apparently)

I do enjoy how someone will bring in SLC from years and years ago to claim a win over them and make that as their argument why this year's one trick pony is a viable force to fear.....the teams Celina beat to get here are all gone, as are the teams Vernon beat to get here, but for ANYONE to claim to know which was the tougher road in the playoffs is lunacy.....none of us will ever know if Madison could have beaten any of those teams, or if Canton could have, or if BB could have.....but I do know Celina would have beaten all of them, cause I Ouiji boarded it to find out.....

DaHop72
12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Gee Vernon is world beaters....just makes one wonder if they can litter the world with so many 4A teams, why can't they make the weakling 3A playoffs at a record better than 5-5?

not like their district is so tough....and they go on and on about losing to Midland Christian and how tough they are....hmmmm....just how does that relate to Celina?

(I know how it does but it is bad news for the maroon so no use messin up his point to show how we don't give a crap who they have played, we just don't like losing as much as they do apparently)

I do enjoy how someone will bring in SLC from years and years ago to claim a win over them and make that as their argument why this year's one trick pony is a viable force to fear.....the teams Celina beat to get here are all gone, as are the teams Vernon beat to get here, but for ANYONE to claim to know which was the tougher road in the playoffs is lunacy.....none of us will ever know if Madison could have beaten any of those teams, or if Canton could have, or if BB could have.....but I do know Celina would have beaten all of them, cause I Ouiji boarded it to find out.....

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/953/pullinghairvl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

GWOOD
12-11-2006, 05:33 PM

:confused: :crazy:

southlakedragon
12-11-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm pulling for Celina on this one.

bobcat1
12-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/953/pullinghairvl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us) I'm with you DaHop!

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
:eek:

VWG
12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
I hope some of these guys posting from both Celina and Vernon don't get too tired from patting themselves on the back.
Hallelujah! Celina is Great! Hallelujah! Vernon is Great!

Talk some X's and O's... strategy, gameplan,.... nobody has even mentioned what type of offense the Bobcats run.
All I have read is about A) Vernon's fullback B) Playoff history of both teams C) D-1 kid from Celina on the line.
My apologies to those FEW who do have some knowledgeable posts, but gimme a break.
DaHop72, I feel your pain.

MarginalTalent
12-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Is Celina still recruiting players out of McKinney and Denton who couldn't make those 5A squads? ... Just an inflamatory rumor I heard. Something to the effect that very few players in Celina grew up there ... some dude from Pilots Point.

charlesrixey
12-11-2006, 08:49 PM
39-3

Celina's record in the playoffs since 1998
(6-2 in 3A)
Losses to Daingerfield (21-20 in 2002) and Gilmer (45-22 in 2003)

53-2 (give or take a win or two)

Celina's record against 3A opponents (in the regular season) since 1998.
Losses to Sanger (22-19 in 1998) and Gainesville (44-14 in 2003)

Seems to me like Celina hasn't been playing down. When was the last time the bobcats played a 1A team? Exactly

While i have great respect for the Vernon Lions, the last thing i want to hear from their fans is how Celina never took a challenging schedule. Over 1998-2005, Celina played 4-5 3A teams per year (pretty much our entire non-district schedule) in the years we were not in 3A (2002-2003).

Good luck to both teams

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Is Celina still recruiting players out of McKinney and Denton who couldn't make those 5A squads? ... Just an inflamatory rumor I heard. Something to the effect that very few players in Celina grew up there ... some dude from Pilots Point.

LOL :rolleyes: Now there is an original thought!

I hear that the Super Walmart in Vernon, the only real economic draw in Vernon, will shut its doors on Saturday so that all the parents can watch their kids play.

Yall, keep on Rollin Back them Prices! ;) <--- Doesn't that look familiar to you Vernon folks?

GWOOD
12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I hope some of these guys posting from both Celina and Vernon don't get too tired from patting themselves on the back.

VWG, I heard that we have had some pretty serious rotator cuff injuries this week on the downlow.

TysonV
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I hear that the Super Walmart in Vernon, the only real economic draw in Vernon, will shut its doors on Saturday so that all the parents can watch their kids play.

Yall, keep on Rollin Back them Prices! ;) <--- Doesn't that look familiar to you Vernon folks?

I doubt the close the store Bobcat.. They will just hire a bunch of part timers for the day!

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by TysonV
I doubt the close the store Bobcat.. They will just hire a bunch of part timers for the day!
Well it's good to know Vernon will survive economically. :)
We will see you in Denton on Saturday where your fans can try a Super Targét (It's French). :D

BIG T 79
12-11-2006, 10:46 PM

That shows A TON of class. Way to take shots at peoples economic status. WOW. That is great. You are a straight running winner. That a boy Bobcat. I cannot believe you are such a cool guy to make such comments. Thats excelent. Im glad people like you are so funny. WOW. HILLARIOUS. WOW. AWESOME. That is classic humor. WOW. CRAZY COOL. WOW.I dont know but I sure cannot get enough of it.
NOT REALLY
I hope there are some VERNON FANS that will comment on your great showing of class towards other people.
Like I said. THAT A BOY BOBCAT.

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG T 79
That shows A TON of class. That a boy Bobcat.
Oh come on now! Weren't you Vernon fans getting tired of stats? I just thought some good ol' fashioned classless insults would liven things up a bit. :doh:

Well, after all, I was just jumping on the bandwagon of insults. Perhaps I did dig a little deeper than the Celina is a bunch of cheaters post? ;)

BIG T 79
12-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh come on now! Weren't you Vernon fans getting tired of stats? I just thought some good ol' fashioned classless insults would liven things up a bit. :doh:

charlesrixey
12-11-2006, 10:58 PM
well, i tried:crying:

TysonV
12-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Hows the knee Big T?

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh come on. Vernon is a economic jugernaut compared to Celina. I do believe you even have a McDonalds. Right?

BIG T 79
12-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh come on. Vernon is a economic jugernaut compared to Celina. I do believe you even have a McDonalds. Right?

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 11:09 PM
OK OK Uncle! I appologize for punching below the belt. It was classless.

BIG T 79
12-11-2006, 11:10 PM
OK OK Uncle! I appologize for punching below the belt. It was classless.

VERNONLION#1
12-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Hallelujah! Celina is Great! Hallelujah! Vernon is Great!

Talk some X's and O's... strategy, gameplan,.... nobody has even mentioned what type of offense the Bobcats run.
All I have read is about A) Vernon's fullback B) Playoff history of both teams C) D-1 kid from Celina on the line.
My apologies to those FEW who do have some knowledgeable posts, but gimme a break.
DaHop72, I feel your pain.

Hey VWG,
A nice analysis of the Celina offense would be nice!!!!! I just admire your post :D

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Hows the knee Big T?
Well, Big T, once I found out you were handicapped too, I could not go too much further or feel much smaller. :D

TysonV
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Bobcat-- you from Celina? Who went in as the big school in your district this year?

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Bobcat-- you from Celina? Who went in as the big school in your district this year?
Prosper.

BobcatBenny
12-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
well, i tried:crying:
Charles, sometimes you've just got to get down and dirty. Admittedly a little classless, but I really didn't know that Vernon's sole economic benefactor was the Walton family. Sometimes you take risks and you get burnt. I will just rub some Ben Gay on it.

RMAC
12-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Charles, sometimes you've just got to get down and dirty. Admittedly a little classless, but I really didn't know that Vernon's sole economic benefactor was the Walton family. Sometimes you take risks and you get burnt. I will just rub some Ben Gay on it.

Shut up please.

mrescape43
12-12-2006, 12:05 AM
After reading all the threads about Celina I am hoping for the Vernon Lions to win this game by 21!

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Shut up please.
Word. :D

lioncountry
12-12-2006, 01:55 AM

take the income of the farming, harvesting, and other types of ag and not only tyson food, and rhodia (which all 19 years i have lived in vernon i still really don't know what the do but it is a huge corporation) and then add it up it more than likely more than that of celina's income just because a town is not by denton or the metroplex don't go saying that since celina is so special oh wow target thats french i took honors french for 3 years in vernon so dont think that us "country folk" dont know sh** you will have you day come saturday so everyone can watch the new celina movie power glory and the day aston whiteside came

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by lioncountry
take the income of the farming, harvesting, and other types of ag and not only tyson food, and rhodia (which all 19 years i have lived in vernon i still really don't know what the do but it is a huge corporation) and then add it up it more than likely more than that of celina's income just because a town is not by denton or the metroplex don't go saying that since celina is so special oh wow target thats french i took honors french for 3 years in vernon so dont think that us "country folk" dont know sh** you will have you day come saturday so everyone can watch the new celina movie power glory and the day aston whiteside came
My goodness. I appologize. I did not realize that people from Vernon were that sensitive. I thought you had thicker skin than that.

It was a poor attempt at humor.

This is 3A football. Odds are, with rare exception like Madison, most are not city schools.

Celina has nothing on Vernon. Heck it was not too long ago that we actually had a stop light installed. It was quite a technological advancement in this part of the world. Perhaps we may even get a McDonalds someday.

A person from Celina busting economically on a much larger town has some irony.

At least it was tongue in cheek. Whether you folks from Vernon realize it or not.

Ya'll got movin picture shows? We are about to start showing oldies on a portable screen in the middle of our square. I guess drive in style.

Please, do not take me too seriously. Seriously! :doh:

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by lioncountry
...you will have your day come saturday so everyone can watch the new celina movie power glory and the day aston whiteside came
Oh yeah one more thing!

Be careful about over selling Aston Whiteside, because if he is that good, we just might recruit him out from under you. :rolleyes:

Dominicfrank
12-12-2006, 02:57 AM
The biggest money maker in Vernon is the State Hospital. Tehy house some of the craziestfrom all around. Max security. We like to get our lineman from there! Celina is a great town about to get gobbeled up by the big city and Vernon will be 2A in 10 years, two cities going in two directions. Vernon has a real chance Saturday, Whiteside is really that good and although I havent heard of any team having someone like him, I am sure Celina knows whos coming but they wont really know until they get knocked back trying to tackle him. Those helmets will start going down in the third and fourth quater when he comes up the middle but the only question will it be down 14 or up 21 when they do.

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 06:28 AM
What classification is Ashton Whiteside? Is he being recruited? I heard he would remind you of Earl Campbell in style of running. I can't wait to see him play. Earl is my all time favorite. I have an Uncle and Aunt that live in Vernon. Jimmie and David Potter. Vernon is a good town like Celina. I can promise you Bobcat Benny, BillyFred, Wild Texan, and Charles Rixey we are in for a ball game Saturday. Our mettle will be tested. I seriously don't think anymore bulletin board material needs to be handed out. You pick at a sore long enough it gets festered.

Vernonlions#1 for the best description of our offense you would need to see it in person. It is widely varied and can attack in lots of ways. Our defense is attack oriented. Celina defense does not sit back and read and thus get run over. They come to the ball at the snap. Stopping Vernon will not be easy. All 4 teams left deserve the utmost in respect and I tell each of them Great Season win or lose this weekend.

So until Saturday, I'll read what everyone posts and then go enjoy a great game in a great stadium with 2 legendary schools. I forgot to mention, I used to play for Vernon's old coach Leo Brittain when he was an assistant at Rider.

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 09:11 AM
What classification is Ashton Whiteside? Is he being recruited? I heard he would remind you of Earl Campbell in style of running. I can't wait to see him play. Earl is my all time favorite. I have an Uncle and Aunt that live in Vernon. Jimmie and David Potter. Vernon is a good town like Celina. I can promise you Bobcat Benny, BillyFred, Wild Texan, and Charles Rixey we are in for a ball game Saturday. Our mettle will be tested. I seriously don't think anymore bulletin board material needs to be handed out. You pick at a sore long enough it gets festered.

Vernonlions#1 for the best description of our offense you would need to see it in person. It is widely varied and can attack in lots of ways. Our defense is attack oriented. Celina defense does not sit back and read and thus get run over. They come to the ball at the snap. Stopping Vernon will not be easy. All 4 teams left deserve the utmost in respect and I tell each of them Great Season win or lose this weekend.

So until Saturday, I'll read what everyone posts and then go enjoy a great game in a great stadium with 2 legendary schools. I forgot to mention, I used to play for Vernon's old coach Leo Brittain when he was an assistant at Rider.

Good post. I hope you don't get run out of town for being humble.;)

Lion92
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
My goodness. I appologize. I did not realize that people from Vernon were that sensitive. I thought you had thicker skin than that.

It was a poor attempt at humor.

This is 3A football. Odds are, with rare exception like Madison, most are not city schools.

Celina has nothing on Vernon. Heck it was not too long ago that we actually had a stop light installed. It was quite a technological advancement in this part of the world. Perhaps we may even get a McDonalds someday.

A person from Celina busting economically on a much larger town has some irony.

At least it was tongue in cheek. Whether you folks from Vernon realize it or not.

Ya'll got movin picture shows? We are about to start showing oldies on a portable screen in the middle of our square. I guess drive in style.

Please, do not take me too seriously. Seriously! :doh:

You are completely classless, maybe we will all get lucky and LHPM will send you packing like she did snydertiger02.

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Lion92
You are completely classless, maybe we will all get lucky and LHPM will send you packing like she did snydertiger02.
And maybe LHPM will realize that hypersensitivity, especially to us commoners, is the dreg of any society, even online forum societies and she will explain that you just need to toughen-up.

If things go they way the poll indicates, you are going to need to be a little tougher.

Cry me a river.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I love Vernon! The city has been very good to me. I have thick skin too so the Wal-Mart talk I thought was funny. I love Wal-Mart sure beats Alco that we used to have! You Vernon folks can agree with me on that. It is a huge economic contributor as well and since I like all the sales tax revenue that goes to help pay our police & firemen I really like Wal-Mart. Plus they have a lot of Vernon Lions goodies in there!

As far as Whiteside goes he is no Earl Campbell. But he is a very good football player both offensively & defensively. (He plays both ways like so many of our kids do). It has really been fun to watch him play this year. And when he does lower his shoulder and just plum run over someone it gets the cheers going. He will run someone over in this game. And he will get tackled behind the line too and that seems to bring cheers from the other side. Those things will both happen in the game Saturday. I just hope we get to cheer for Touchdowns and not just broken tackles.

VERNONLION#1
12-12-2006, 10:43 AM

Can someone break down the many ways Celina attacks defenses. I would like to hear it and then see it in person on Sat.

sweetwater07
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh yeah one more thing!

Be careful about over selling Aston Whiteside, because if he is that good, we just might recruit him out from under you. :rolleyes:

don't be fooled..Whiteside is good..but no amazing athlete. if Celina can shut down two of the best backs in the state (Mcneal and company)..they will have no problem shutting down Whiteside...he has no speed but only size....
Celina by 14+

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
don't be fooled..Whiteside is good..but no amazing athlete. if Celina can shut down two of the best backs in the state (Mcneal and company)..they will have no problem shutting down Whiteside...he has no speed but only size....
Celina by 14+
:doh: :doh: :doh: DANG!!!!!! What does that say for the teams Vernon beat for the last few weeks?

(No offense intended toward those teams on my part.....)

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
...he has no speed but only size....
Celina by 14+

that's not true '07. He was a regional qualifier in 110 hurdles. You have to have some speed and quickness to do well in that race.

Size and strength are his greatest assets but he is pretty quick as well.

Tiger Baseball
12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_6.gif Could this be toilet reading????

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Can someone break down the many ways Celina attacks defenses. I would like to hear it and then see it in person on Sat.

Well, we have 5 backs 3 qbs and 4 receivers that are basically interchangeable. We have the ability to run or throw and have a very solid offensive line anchored on one side by 300 pound tackle
Brandon Elizando and on the other by 250 pound 4.7 speed tackle
Jamie blatnick. We run the veer, I back, proset, and spread and can run and throw from each. We prefer to run. However, if the occasion arises we can produce a game like last week with balanced attack. We ran more than we passed in number of plays but produced equal amounts of yardage passing and throwing. we produced 188 yards passing with no interceptions. The last 2 games we have 4 passing touchdowns with a long of 65 yards. We can spread the field or blast the line. It all depends on matchups. No one has stopped us this year. Our lowest point total is 28 and highest is 51. We like long time consuming drives that allows our first and second team D to be completely fresh each time they come out. They attack at full speed every down. And our team speed top to bottom is good. Our D is 4.5 to 4.9 with one tackle running a 5.0. No burners but no slowboys.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
As a side note. Whiteside will be a little different. He is much like
Jesse Harrison from Pewitt. Jesse is playing college ball now. Good size and power with some speed. Jesse ran at 210 and whiteside at 230. Whiteside is a true running back and a down hill runner. He will present different issues from the scat backs we have been playing. But his speed is not a threat just his running ability. Mcneal was a North South Runner that did try to avoid contact. Ricco was also fast and stronger but similar. Buker
was a quick back with excellent vision and change of direction. Whiteside will run straight at you thru you or over you.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: :doh: DANG!!!!!! What does that say for the teams Vernon beat for the last few weeks?

(No offense intended toward those teams on my part.....)

Hey LHMOM, just a note to say congrats, your boys are doing great.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Sounds a lot like Vernon. We have two backs that are very quick -Graf & Briggs. Although Briggs has been hurt and did not suit up last week. Then we have Whiteside. Our offensive line is neither really huge or small. I would say that they are very quick though. Not fast 40 yard dash but quick but off the ball and into their assignments quick. We have been most sucessful running inside. We have been able to do it almost at will since week 10. We also throw the ball although in the past month we really haven't had to. It is not our strong suit but we still pass every game. I don't know how many times we have been intercepted but not many if any at all. I really can't recall. If a team loads the middle we go outside. Last week we ran some draw plays out of the spread that were sucessful. We also passed out of the spread (twice) and picked up good yards on both plays.

Our defense is quick to the ball. Probably like Celina. We have some quick players but no state champion spinters either. We did pen up Skye Green out of Sweetwater who is a state caliber sprinter & a really good back. Snyder did break some tackles but their back was very tough. Same thing last week with #11 a hard runner. Our defense is not all that big and that may be why some backs have had some yards after contact.

If someone went to this game not knowing about either team's record or winning streak they would believe that they might be in for a good matchup.

Which is exactly what I think. I really expect Vernon to win this game. I expected them to win last week although Washington did concern me, but we held him in pretty good. He was an excellent passer and runner.

Man have I ever been wrong picking games but I'm thinking that each team will score in the neighboorhood of 21 - 28 points. I'll give the Vernon defense some credit here to hold Celina on some possessions. I'm also depending on the Lion offense to eat clock and score touchdowns instead of field goals, although I would take field goals too. The Lions will really need some special - special teams play and maybe we can get some short fields and maybe a TD out of it. Briggs is our guy there and I don't know if he will be suited up or not or if he is even healed.

I've said this before, I'll take luck, penalties what ever to get a win.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Jesse Harrison from Pewitt. Jesse is playing college ball now. Good size and power with some speed. Jesse ran at 210 and whiteside at 230. Whiteside is a true running back and a down hill runner. He will present different issues from the scat backs we have been playing. But his speed is not a threat just his running ability. Mcneal was a North South Runner that did try to avoid contact. Ricco was also fast and stronger but similar. Buker
was a quick back with excellent vision and change of direction. Whiteside will run straight at you thru you or over you.

I agree. Whiteside will not run away from the Celina defense. The key to stopping him will be to not miss tackles. He has a lot to do with making players miss a tackle. Not juking them but by going over them. Heck I would too if I was 230 and could do it. Our O-line has to get in the way of the defense & let Whiteside get started down hill.

Good post BILLYFRED0000!

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 01:59 PM

Billyfred,
Nice post but when did you see Whiteside run? I didn't know you had been to any of Vernon's games.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks. I did my homework. I really like to break the game down. Your point of weakness will be your O line against our D.
Your line is good good technique. But we run a multipronged attack defense that has several different looks and stunts and you can never tell which way we are coming. Your line will execute to a certain extent but I believe the confusion and adjustments will give us good clean shots at your backs whether
inside or outside and at the same time give your QB no time to throw. Your team speed will not be fast enough to get away from the pressure. This is not denigrating. Madison could run away from both our teams and they could not get away. Neither
could Brownsboro and they have more team speed at the skill
and line positions. Some of it can be gameplanned against. But not much. Coach Ford is a defensive Genius. I have never seen the like at this level of play.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Billyfred,
Nice post but when did you see Whiteside run? I didn't know you had been to any of Vernon's games.:thinking:

No I talked to the coaches. That was their description. To the T.
They also called him a "stud".

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh okay

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Our Booster Club in Vernon used to get to watch game film and speak with the head coach on Mondays. I haven't been to a meeting since my son graduated so I don't know if they still do that or not. Sure would be fun to see a Celina game film with our coaches breaking it down for our novice brains. I have never seen them play and I'm excited about the opportunity especially against the Lions.

RMAC
12-12-2006, 02:13 PM
i think you may be right...i just don't think vernon stands a chance against Celina.....

That was your response to when '09 said Celina by 30+ and now you're saying by only 14? Just a thought: Don't contradict yourself. (It makes you look like an idiot).

JasonTX
12-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I'd really like to see what the stats are for both teams on 3rd downs. I've only seen 3 Vernon games all year long and in each of those Vernon has dominated on 3rd down. That's where they eat the clock up. If I remember correctly Vernon had one drive where they chewed up 10 minutes of the clock. That is a huge morale buster for the opposing team. It's hard for an opposing teams offense to do anything on the bench. The team that controls 3rd downs on both offense and defense will win this game.

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
so many folks on here seem to think they are the ones that decide who looks like an idiot.....these are all opinions expressed here, so only an idiot argues about other folks' opinions....even if those opinions change....

but then you don't HAVE a team still playing, yet you still argue with about everyone else that does, so I guess IDIOT is something you know alot about....

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
I love the phrase "bulletin board material".....here is a FACT...if any high school coach actually takes the time to read and post the mishmash this sight always produces, he is not worth HAVING the job of coach....

Whiteside is supposed to be all that, yet they go 5-5 during the season, so I don't take him to be so much....losing to the likes of Graham and Midland Chr does not scream unbeatable to me...we may well have a great game to watch this Saturday....I sure hope so because they are much more entertaining....and we are in the 5th round so I hope they bring it and battle well - at this stage they should be good....but if all they have is Whiteside they won't be any good overall.....so all this talk of the other kid going wide or the QB passing best be truth, because no one star wonder comes to North Texas and wins much, and I do not expect this one kid to beat the Bobacts either....

not this week, not next week, not next year.....

I hope it is a good game, and I hope we don't have to go to SanAntonio next week to play....that is enough hoping for this week....

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 03:01 PM
so many folks on here seem to think they are the ones that decide who looks like an idiot.....these are all opinions expressed here, so only an idiot argues about other folks' opinions....even if those opinions change....

but then you don't HAVE a team still playing, yet you still argue with about everyone else that does, so I guess IDIOT is something you know alot about....

my opinion....my negative thoughts about Celina fans stem directly from your ignorant and arrogant posts and the way you represent the Bobcats and the town of Celina. So using your logic you can't argue with that since it is my opinion or you would be calling yourself an idiot for arguing about someone's opinion. ;)

Black_Magic
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Whiteside is supposed to be all that, yet they go 5-5 during the season, so I don't take him to be so much Hahahaha!! Thats the way. keep telling your self that:p Who knows you may even talk your way to the win. I doubt it but at least you will feel better untill the game.

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I have no qualms about your opinions koa campground....God made em brilliant like me, and then way down the ladder like you, so as long as he is okay with you bein you I sure don't care....

you are just lucky enough to get to see how we brilliant people think, so lucky you are....so far with every week I have been right and you have been, well, you, so each week I still win....

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
I have no qualms about your opinions koa campground....God made em brilliant like me, and then way down the ladder like you, so as long as he is okay with you bein you I sure don't care....

you are just lucky enough to get to see how we brilliant people think, so lucky you are....so far with every week I have been right and you have been, well, you, so each week I still win....
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/953/pullinghairvl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

PLEASE, MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Whiteside is supposed to be all that, yet they go 5-5 during the season, so I don't take him to be so much....losing to the likes of Graham and Midland Chr does not scream unbeatable to me...

Keep thinking that way....you might have your mind changed next week - I did.

...And no, Whiteside is not the entire Vernon team, although he's a big contributor. They have a good offensive line that stays on their blocks. Their defense is suffient. At times they might be suspect, but they kept the highly touted Sweetwater backs in check, did what they needed to against Snyder's backs, and kept a very good Greenwood QB contained - so I think it's safe to say they are pretty good on the D side of the ball. Whiteside plays defense too, and he's good there too.;) BTW, Vernon has a pretty good FG kicker too, he's got a pretty good leg on him in case they need him.

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Calgon!! Take me away!!!

http://static.flickr.com/53/151938681_86885e7085_m.jpg

Do you ever find yourself rooting against a team, simply because you dont like some of their posters??

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I love the phrase "bulletin board material".....here is a FACT...if any high school coach actually takes the time to read and post the mishmash this sight always produces, he is not worth HAVING the job of coach....

Oh maybe not any coach, but any fan like me could have access to the bulletin board every day but Sunday. I have raised 3 sons already and still have one in the home. I always used what people said on these boards as a motivational tool on them. They seemed to then and now respond when challenged. Do you think they might share it with their friends? Just keep on being you if that's all you can do......

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Calgon!! Take me away!!!

Do you ever find yourself rooting against a team, simply because you dont like some of their posters?? :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

lion75
12-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Vernon has a very good punter. Last week he never punted. Vernon didn't punt last week. Seriously.

lion75
12-12-2006, 03:50 PM
I'd really like to see what the stats are for both teams on 3rd downs. I've only seen 3 Vernon games all year long and in each of those Vernon has dominated on 3rd down. That's where they eat the clock up. If I remember correctly Vernon had one drive where they chewed up 10 minutes of the clock. That is a huge morale buster for the opposing team. It's hard for an opposing teams offense to do anything on the bench. The team that controls 3rd downs on both offense and defense will win this game. Vernon was 100% on 3rd down vs. Greenwood.

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Vernon has a very good punter. Last week he never punted. Vernon didn't punt last week. Seriously.

That is true.

lion75
12-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Vernon was 100% on 3rd down vs. Greenwood. I take that back. We kicked two field goals, so we must have been held on 3rd down 2 times.

kaorder1999
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
[

Do you ever find yourself rooting against a team, simply because you dont like some of their posters?? [/B]

yep

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Calgon!! Take me away!!!

Do you ever find yourself rooting against a team, simply because you dont like some of their posters??
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Now that you mention it, I might have, but don't recall which team(s). :confused:

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 04:34 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Now that you mention it, I might have, but don't recall which team(s). :confused:

*I know! I know! I know!*

:devil:

WildTexan
12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
If a kid needs to be fed "bulletinboard material" to get fired up for a game in round 5 of the playoffs, he ain't much of a player anyway.....

all this crap we spew on here is for each of us to have fun and giggle over the replies.....any idiot that takes it for more than that is either halfwitted or just stupid......and yes, I do take some of these folks for that alright, but they shall remain nameless to match their personalities.....

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Hypothetical question Vernonites.
I assume that you believe that Snyder was the best D you faced all season.
I assume that Decatur might be close and that decatur was one of the top offenses.

What if you faced and opponent with Snyder's d and a offense to match? What would be the out come?

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 07:11 PM
If a kid needs to be fed "bulletinboard material" to get fired up for a game in round 5 of the playoffs, he ain't much of a player anyway.....

all this crap we spew on here is for each of us to have fun and giggle over the replies.....any idiot that takes it for more than that is either halfwitted or just stupid......and yes, I do take some of these folks for that alright, but they shall remain nameless to match their personalities.....

WARNING: Repeat of earlier lunacy!

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
WARNING: Repeat of earlier lunacy!

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over
and over and expecting different results.

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I assume that Decatur might be close and that decatur was one of the top offenses.

What if you faced and opponent with Snyder's d and a offense to match? What would be the out come?

Surely you are not trying to convince all the Vernon posters to give in to hopelessness? Ain't gonna' happen. Don't know what the outcome will be on Saturday but I do know Vernon will show up to play to win.

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over
and over and expecting different results.

Yes it is. LOL. And the responses are always the same.:crazy:

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Okay Spew away boys. I will just sit back and watch (and giggle).:D

CelinaCatFan
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Please do not judge all Celina fans based on postings from a few. You know the saying...every village has an idiot.

As for the game, I will not make any predictions. One thing that does stick out in my mind from this thread, is the statement made by a Vernon fan that indicated that many of their kids play on offense and defense.

I think this game will be very close and could come down to overall team depth. Who will have the most left in the tank for the 4th quarter? We'll have to wait and see...Will be a great game to watch!

Safe travel and best of luck to both teams!

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Surely you are not trying to convince all the Vernon posters to give in to hopelessness? Ain't gonna' happen. Don't know what the outcome will be on Saturday but I do know Vernon will show up to play to win.

Not at all. Just curious about how honest and analytical they are
and what their opinion is of their opponents. I have not seen any
one they have played and am looking for a base to continue my
analysis. Kinda hard to do that with some feed back. I know what the coaches say but am curious about some of the teams you have played. Our region is fairly weak this year but at least
two of the teams Madison and Bboro had some top talent and Dallas Madison was even on the top 10 list.

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

Please do not judge all Celina fans based on postings from a few. You know the saying...every village has an idiot.

Becoming clearer and clearer.

As for the game, I will not make any predictions. One thing that does stick out in my mind from this thread, is the statement made by a Vernon fan that indicated that many of their kids play on offense and defense.Who will have the most left in the tank for the 4th quarter? We'll have to wait and see.

That's a really good point assuming you are saying that Celina does not have many 2-way starters.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 07:31 PM

All I have so far to go on is statistics. And from a statistical point
of view, Vernon appears to have the most trouble with good defensive teams. The second thing in the analysis is that the good defensive teams they faced(by good meaning top 20) were
not good statistically on offense. For example, Graham has a top
20 defense but only a top 60 offense. And they lost. Snyder had
a better D but was similarly weak on O and it was a close contest.
After examining the schedule back to the two Losses in the middle of the season(I stop there because most teams are really
gelling in the middle and allows for you to cover the team playing
at their best which Vernon is at this time) my conclusion is that they have not played anyone that was top 20 in both offense and defense and was stronger in defense than O. So I am coming up with a hypothetical because that would be close to what you can expect from Celina. We are currently rated number
4 in offense and number 1 in defense in Massey's in the state in 3a. This is not a prediction because intangibles play a part as does coaching and heart. I am just having a little fun trying to build a statistical model. I love breaking teams down.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM

Becoming clearer and clearer.

That's a really good point assuming you are saying that Celina does not have many 2-way starters.

We don't. We have a few. But they also have good backups. We
can go two deep at most positions with out a drop off. 3 deep in
some. 1 deep in a couple.

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
...every village has an idiot.
Or two or three or four . . .

This whole endeavor has a certain lunacy to it.

It is for fun. Letting your hair down a little bit and getting fiesty with your Texas neighbors is stimulating.

It is easy to step over the line. I know I have. And I will sort of appologize, sometimes.

The one thing I always remember is that 3A football rules, now that Celina is 3A, and all the other classifications are for losers! :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Or two or three or four . . .

This whole endeavor has a certain lunacy to it.

It is for fun. Letting your hair down a little bit and getting fiesty with your Texas neighbors is stimulating.

It is easy to step over the line. I know I have. And I will sort of appologize, sometimes.

The one thing I always remember is that 3A football rules, now that Celina is 3A, and all the other classifications are for losers! :D

Come on Benny, nobody who knows takes you serious;)

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
analysis. Kinda hard to do that with some feed back. I know what the coaches say but am curious about some of the teams you have played. Our region is fairly weak this year but at least
two of the teams Madison and Bboro had some top talent and Dallas Madison was even on the top 10 list.

BillyFred,

One thing to point out--I have not heard any Vernon posters guarantee a win on here. What I have heard them respond to (and so have I and other posters) are remarks from some that this game will be a cakewalk for Celina.

Decatur was the highest ranked Top 10 team in Region 1 at the end of the season. Vernon lost to them 14-10 in the 4th week of the season.

Vernon beat Sweetwater, Snyder, and Greenwood in their last three games. Sweetwater spent some time in Top 10 this year, losing only to Decatur and Abilene Wylie, both Top 10 teams. Snyder and Greenwood never broke the Top 10 but were in the 11-15 range for several weeks.

I know you are probably looking for more but that is all I know to give you.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
any idiot that takes it for more than that is either halfwitted or just stupid......and yes, I do take some of these folks for that alright, but they shall remain nameless to match their personalities.....
Most people on here take offense at being called idiots, halfwitted and/or stupid.....or even the insinuation that they might be one.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
BillyFred,

One thing to point out--I have not heard any Vernon posters guarantee a win on here. What I have heard them respond to (and so have I and other posters) are remarks from some that this game will be a cakewalk for Celina.

Decatur was the highest ranked Top 10 team in Region 1 at the end of the season. Vernon lost to them 14-10 in the 4th week of the season.

Vernon beat Sweetwater, Snyder, and Greenwood in their last three games. Sweetwater spent some time in Top 10 this year, losing only to Decatur and Abilene Wylie, both Top 10 teams. Snyder and Greenwood never broke the Top 10 but were in the 11-15 range for several weeks.

I know you are probably looking for more but that is all I know to give you.

Yes I had all of that. I did not include Decatur because it lacks the "playoff factor". They may not have been at their best and vice versa. To give you an idea of what I am looking for, the teams that Vernon have played with good d in the playoffs have a
composite of 13 and an offensive composite of 58. Sweetwater does not have a top 20 d nor do any of the teams Vernon handled. That is a relative term because Vernon had several close wins and losses. And going back to the Burkburnett loss same stat holds true. Top 10 D, top 90 O and Vernon lost. That is the pattern that I am seeing. They have issues with first rate D's which supports their contention that they have to play ball control to win.

BILLYFRED0000
12-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Most people on here take offense at being called idiots, halfwitted and/or stupid.....or even the insinuation that they might be one.

But Mom those of us that know we are idiots don't mind:crazy: :crazy:

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2006, 08:09 PM
But Mom those of us that know we are idiots don't mind:crazy: :crazy:
ROFL! I was talking about the ones that don't know....not you. :p ;)

lionfan
12-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Pulling for Vernon here but I think Celina wins easily. Dont know how they do it every year, but they are impressive.

Because they play 2a school every years that is how they do it

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm fine as long as I stay medicated http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink39.gif

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
two of the teams Madison and Bboro had some top talent and Dallas Madison was even on the top 10 list. One question, if you played in a fairly weak region, would this not boost your O and D rating? Honest question, not being smart in anyway.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Just some notes on the Vernon losses:

Midland Christian whipped us bad in the 2nd game of the year. Other than that the biggest margin of loss was 7 points.

Graham beat us 14-7. Graham had a good defense. I did not see this game but from what I understand they beat us on 2 fade patterns for TD's with a guy that was 6' 5". Someone may want to comment on that as I only write what I was told. Another poster told me that our play calling stinked at that game. We did not run Whiteside enough. Someone who has actual game stats could look to see how many carries he had. The observer told me that Whiteside was picking up 3-5 yards per carry. (Vernon went through a phase of wanting to balance out passing and running and this may have been that game) Check to see how many pass attempts we had. (I could go to the paper office and get the issue that gives this just for the sake of it).

Loss 14-10 to Decatur. The Qb killed us with the run. However, Vernon marched down the field and with 1 minute left and threw a perfect TD pass to go up 16-14. The play was nullified by a holding penalty. The Lions did not convert and lost.

Loss to Burkburnett in overtime. Again the QB had a great day running the ball. We were in position to kick a game winning field goal with only seconds left on the clock but we missed it. Our kicker has been excellent this year even hitting from 42 yards out. But he just missed this one. Made one similiar to beat Breckenridge.

Loss to Mineral Wells (4A) in double overtime. Questionable call regarding a score by MW in the 1st overtime. I wasn't at this game either so I only write what I was told.

The only team that really beat us was Midland Christian. I appreciate the support that our region I competition is giving us but I can say that we should have beaten Snyder by 14 or more. We fumbled a punt at the 50 after stopping them. This was late in the game, they took the short field and scored. Had we not fumbled that punt I feel like we would have went down and scored with such a short field. That is a 14 point spread had we done that. Snyder was good don't get me wrong but some Vernon miscues kept this game close. Also we gave Snyder the ball at our 30 to start the game giving up a big return. Those things happen. I thought Snyder's offense was very good. Like I have said before, they were the best team that I have seen this year other than Midland Christian.

Greenwood blasted us with several big plays. It was also a close game but like a poster wrote we didn't punt the entire game.

All this speculation is fun but we all know teh saying..."On any given Saturday"

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 09:03 PM
One question, if you played in a fairly weak region, would this not boost your O and D rating? Honest question, not being smart in anyway. It could. Are you saying that Vernon may not be all that they seem because Region 1 is weak?:p ;)

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 09:08 PM
It could. Are you saying that Vernon may not be all that they seem because Region 1 is weak?:p ;) Nope, not saying that. Just wondering Billy's take on how it would affect the Massey.

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
I know what you meant Dahop. It was a joke....... :D

GWOOD
12-12-2006, 09:11 PM
It could. Are you saying that Vernon may not be all that they seem because Region 1 is weak?:p ;)

Ha, Ha, Ha....................................troublemaker !;)

BobcatBenny
12-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Since we are trying to figure each other out, I was hoping a Vernon fan could tell me what tune you guys use for your fight song?

I know we dominate teams that use a knock-off of Big XII tunes! :D

mrescape43
12-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Since we are trying to figure each other out, I was hoping a Vernon fan could tell me what tune you guys use for your fight song?

I know we dominate teams that use a knock-off of Big XII tunes! :D

Now here is a novel way of trying to figure out if your team is going to win or not! :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
"I've been working on the railroad" was pretty neat.

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 09:56 PM

That was SUPPOSED to "The eye of Texas"!:p

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Is this Ashton Whiteside?
http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/2073672296

Ranger Mom
12-12-2006, 10:30 PM

I thought his name was "Aston"

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 10:31 PM
http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/2073672296 Ah bobcat1, that's cheating. I've already used that one. :D :D :D

bobcat1
12-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Well Crap. I'm kinda new. I didn't know.

DaHop72
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Well Crap. I'm kinda new. I didn't know. That's okay, I'll let you use it. You're alright.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

westtexasfbfan
12-12-2006, 10:48 PM

I will be the first to say that Vernon has a good team. They beat some quality football teams to get to where they are now. However, looking back at some of the games, Vernon did what it had to do to win. They didn't blow anyone out. Also, they weren't better than the teams they played. Mistakes on the part of the other teams is what won the game for Vernon. Luck is on their side right now. Take an interception away and Vernon would be watching someone esle play this weekend. But, give them credit. No one is saying that Vernon is going to lose. If Vernon doesn't get any breaks, they will have a hard time winning!

westtexasfbfan
12-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by $cooter!
Hopefully Vernon pulls it out.

Only if Celina makes mistakes!

TysonV
12-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
I will be the first to say that Vernon has a good team. They beat some quality football teams to get to where they are now. However, looking back at some of the games, Vernon did what it had to do to win. They didn't blow anyone out. Also, they weren't better than the teams they played. Mistakes on the part of the other teams is what won the game for Vernon. Luck is on their side right now. Take an interception away and Vernon would be watching someone esle play this weekend. But, give them credit. No one is saying that Vernon is going to lose. If Vernon doesn't get any breaks, they will have a hard time winning!

They were the better team each of those three days than the ones they played or they wouldn't still be in it and your team wouldn't be sittin in the bleachers watchin and wishin they were still out there. The better team did win that day. Another day your team might have been better but not this one!

VERNONLION#1
12-13-2006, 12:01 AM

You could at least spell it right.:rolleyes:

VERNONLION#1
12-13-2006, 12:02 AM

:clap: :D

fury900
12-13-2006, 12:39 AM
2006 Celina Schedule
DATE SCHEDULE LEAGUE GAME RESULT
Sep. 1, 06 17-3A (12-2) ROBINSON1 NO W 42-14
Sep. 8, 06 AT TAPPS Division 2-1 (4-2) ARGYLE LIBERTY CHRISTIAN NO W 28-14
Sep.15, 2006 TAPPS Division 2-2 (2-2) PLANO PRESTONWOOD CHRISTIAN NO W 28-7
Sep. 29, 2006 9-3A (6-4) PRINCETON YES W 59-0
Oct. 6, 2006 AT 9-3A (3-7) FRISCO WAKELAND YES W 41-7
Oct. 13, 2006 9-3A (8-5) PILOT POINT YES W 51-6
Oct. 20, 2006 AT 9-3A (1-8) VAN ALSTYNE YES W 49-7
Oct. 27, 2006 9-3A (2-8) BONHAM YES W 58-0
Nov. 3, 2006 9-3A (8-3) PROSPER YES W 35-7
Nov. 10, 2006 AT 9-3A (4-5) WHITESBORO YES W 34-9
Nov. 17, 2006 AT 10-3A (5-6) QUINLAN FORD NO W 35-7
Nov. 24, 2006 AT11-3A (10-1) DALLAS MADISON NO W 43-6
Dec. 1, 2006 AT 14-3A (8-5) CANTON NO W 35-6
Dec. 8, 2006 AT14-3A (10-4) BROWNSBORO NO W 35-14
1 at Pennington Field, Bedford

:thinking:

:thinking:

lion75
12-13-2006, 01:47 AM

What if you faced and opponent with Snyder's d and a offense to match? What would be the out come? That is simple. We scored 26 on Snyder's Defense and gave up 14 to Decatur's offense. We would obviously win 26 - 14.

lion75
12-13-2006, 01:59 AM
I have seen Vernon and Celina both play live this season in the playoffs. Prediction: Vernon 24-Celina 21 in a classic.

WildTexan
12-13-2006, 02:49 AM
I'd take that bet every day.....EVERY day.....

vernon has had a good run during the playoffs....I'll give em that.....but they have not played anyone all year as good as what they will see this Saturday.....(or last year either probably)

and here is a scary idea.....Celina will be pretty dang good next year as well.....they lose some quality seniors, but they got lots of very good components coming back.....

RMAC
12-13-2006, 04:59 AM

When you say something like: "Vernon did what they had to do to win," you're saying something that every team in the state already knows. If a team does only enough to win, isn't that all that matters? I mean, say team A is much, much better than team B, but team B still pulls out the W. In the end, isn't that what counts? Even if team B is absolutely horrible, they still beat team A, which when we break down all the talk and hype, which is the most important thing this late in the season?

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
You could at least spell it right.:rolleyes:
I was attempting to smack talk. He will all but be Ashes Saturday? :thinking:

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 08:45 AM
I heard they had a trick mirror in Vernon. I think the truth will be revealed this Saturday.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5751/kittentigerxb0.jpg

Here kitty kitty kitty! :D :p ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I heard they had a trick mirror in Vernon. I think the truth will be revealed this Saturday.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5751/kittentigerxb0.jpg

Here kitty kitty kitty! :D :p ;)

You guys are killing me. I don't know what I would do without the downlow!

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/images/bobcat.jpg

http://www.aussiesaddle.com/images/top%20quality%20bullwhip.jpg

http://home.globalcrossing.net/~brendel/javlayrr.jpg

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Nope, not saying that. Just wondering Billy's take on how it would affect the Massey.

Sorry to take so long to answer. Massey's accounts for strength
of schedule in his caculations. It is strictly a statistical format and
does not include intangibles except for rating the home field advantage which can be calculated to a small degree. So Massey
accounted for region 2 being weak automatically. Fortunately starting with the 2 round of the playoffs we were playing the best in region and those teams were good. Canton was weak
but Madison and Bboro both had lots of talent and presented uniqued challenges. Bboro had this huge line. Biggest line we will see this year. They were good too.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
That is simple. We scored 26 on Snyder's Defense and gave up 14 to Decatur's offense. We would obviously win 26 - 14.

Ah, I do not think so. Decatur would control the ball with their
offense and keep your offense off the field with their D. 26 14
hypothetical team. You do not account for the fact that they will
keep you off the field more with both sides of the ball which gives them the advantage. And neither of those teams are rated as strong as we are on both sides of the ball. Still working on the statistics though. They don't account for heart. Vernon plays with a lot of heart. Keep that info a comin.

Black_Magic
12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Im gona laugh my butt off if Vernon beats Celina after all this arrogant talk. Crow anyone?

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Im gona laugh my butt off if Vernon beats Celina after all this arrogant talk. Crow anyone?

You misunderstand..... Anyone can go to the ratings and see what I am saying is true. I am not making a prediction. Just an observation based on the available facts. Speculation if you will.
Game time will resolve the issue. But for the record. You just have to see Bobcat football in it's entirety to begin to understand it. We have a freshman team and two JV teams. The record for
the entire bobcat program(including varsity so far) is 42-1-1.
One of the JV's had a loss and a tie.

BobcatBenny
12-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Would not be the first time. But it has been a while.

I suppose after losing 5 times this year already, Vernon has aquired a taste for crow.

So, one more loss for Vernon would not be a big deal would it? :eek:

sweetwater07
12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

i'd laugh too....and i would actually like to see them win..but i doubt it will happen...if anything..vernon has had a tougher schedule.

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
You guys are killing me. I don't know what I would do without the downlow!

All in good natured fun my friend! ;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
i'd laugh too....and i would actually like to see them win..but i doubt it will happen...if anything..vernon has had a tougher schedule.

The schedule ratings are with in two points of each other on Massey's which in his lexicon is a virtual toss up.
Performance in said schedules based on PF and PA follows.
Vernon PF and PA.
339 240.
Celina's.
573 104.
All things being equal Celina scores more and allows less.

sweetwater07
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
The schedule ratings are with in two points of each other on Massey's which in his lexicon is a virtual toss up.
Performance in said schedules based on PF and PA follows.
Vernon PF and PA.
339 240.
Celina's.
573 104.
All things being equal Celina scores more and allows less.

i haven't seen celina play..but i've watched first hand my team get beat by Vernon and they are good...but don't be fooled..they are a one man show..stop whiteside and win the game...they are more one dimensional than us...i know..thats pretty bad!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
i haven't seen celina play..but i've watched first hand my team get beat by Vernon and they are good...but don't be fooled..they are a one man show..stop whiteside and win the game...they are more one dimensional than us...i know..thats pretty bad!!

All I can say is if they are so good on a roughly similar schedule to us they should be 14 - 0 like we are.

sweetwater07
12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
All I can say is if they are so good on a roughly similar schedule to us they should be 14 - 0 like we are.

they aren't that good in my personal opinion..not that it means much...a balanced offense and good line and linebackers will send them back to Vernon in a quick beat......i think 9 times out of 10 we would have beat them an they caught us on the 1 time.....either way we got beat and i wish them luck..but i see Celina and LH in the end

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
they aren't that good in my personal opinion..not that it means much...a balanced offense and good line and linebackers will send them back to Vernon in a quick beat......i think 9 times out of 10 we would have beat them an they caught us on the 1 time.....either way we got beat and i wish them luck..but i see Celina and LH in the end

For what it was worth, I thought we would be playing ya'll for this game. We have a very balanced o with a dominating line on both sides of the ball. Our linebackers are the as good as any you will play against with an all state lineman and FS to boot. No one has
dominated our Defense this year at any level with or without monster linemen or backs. That does not mean we cannot lose. We can lose with the best of them. That is the key. We prepare like everyone we meet is better than us. We have to play A+ ball. Our coaching staff is very very good at convincing the boys that there is always someone a little faster bigger stronger etc than us. They will point out every strength of the opponent and work like the devil is after them. I have never seen better coaching anywhere at anytime at any level except Dodge at SLC.
And that one is a maybe better. If anyone really wants to understand our philosophy you should watch our preparation and practice.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 01:57 PM
The way almost everyone has scored on us has been a broken
coverage in the passing game or a beaten DB or turnover. With
the pressure D we use sometimes a hail mary works. On the other hand, no one has scored more than 14 on us. And we have averaged 41 points a game. If Vernon is not at least above
average protecting the QB and throwing, it could get a little rough.

lion75
12-13-2006, 02:00 PM
they aren't that good in my personal opinion..not that it means much...a balanced offense and good line and linebackers will send them back to Vernon in a quick beat......i think 9 times out of 10 we would have beat them an they caught us on the 1 time.....either way we got beat and i wish them luck..but i see Celina and LH in the end What a joke. I watched that game. It was 21 - 0 after one quarter and Vernon dominated throughout. No one gets beat 47 - 12 (Sweewater scored a meaningless touchdown late) by a team that they would beat 9 times out of 10. From what I saw Vernon would beat Sweetwater 10 times out of 10.

lion75
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
I will be the first to say that Vernon has a good team. They beat some quality football teams to get to where they are now. However, looking back at some of the games, Vernon did what it had to do to win. They didn't blow anyone out. Also, they weren't better than the teams they played. Mistakes on the part of the other teams is what won the game for Vernon. Luck is on their side right now. Take an interception away and Vernon would be watching someone esle play this weekend. But, give them credit. No one is saying that Vernon is going to lose. If Vernon doesn't get any breaks, they will have a hard time winning! Did you say Vernon didn't blow anyone out? I watched them desroy Sweetwater 47 -12. That's not a blowout? Please explain.

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Celina blows out Vernon

bet dat

lion75
12-13-2006, 02:22 PM
All I can say is if they are so good on a roughly similar schedule to us they should be 14 - 0 like we are. I watched you guys play Canton. Although I came away with a very good impression of your program/system, Canton surprised me more by their undisciplined players. Let's face it, both of our schools have faced many huge linemen and talented skill players. Canton wouldn't have a chance in Region 1. Celina and Vernon are both here because of good systems. The system we have now seems to take several games before the players get comfortable with it. Three years ago the same thing happened. Vernon started very slow, and the team jelled right as the playoffs began. Vernon lost in the semis to a very good Atlanta team. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their early scores.

GWOOD
12-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Celina blows...

bet dat

Oh man. You're gonna have the Celina posters all over you now.

Wow. I wouldn't wanna' be you right now.;)

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I watched you guys play Canton. Although I came away with a very good impression of your program/system, Canton surprised me more by their undisciplined players. Let's face it, both of our schools have faced many huge linemen and talented skill players. Canton wouldn't have a chance in Region 1. Celina and Vernon are both here because of good systems. The system we have now seems to take several games before the players get comfortable with it. Three years ago the same thing happened. Vernon started very slow, and the team jelled right as the playoffs began. Vernon lost in the semis to a very good Atlanta team. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their early scores.

I don't. Just going back to Burkburnett. By then the team was playing well together. Still lost a couple. And none of those teams had a first rate D and a first rate O. Snyder for instance has a first rate D. top 5 rated. But their O is nowhere close to their D. Only one game was won handily. That is a typical Celina score. 41-7. Canton was a mediocre game for us. I would not use that one to judge. We had a big game against number 7 Madison the week before and just could not take Canton seriously. Then when they came up with that funky scheme of theirs (canton coach said his only hope was to confuse us with stuff we had never seen) it took us about a quarter to get it straight. I watched practice that week and the boys were a little flat. They won't be for this one. Now they can taste the title. They know it's close. They will be coming. Watch out for the Orange Crush.

BobcatBenny
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
...Three years ago the same thing happened. Vernon started very slow, and the team jelled right as the playoffs began. Vernon lost in the semis to a very good Atlanta team. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their early scores.
It is true, it is hard to tell how good some teams are early. Robinson for example. Good athletes, but got spanked by a team that was disciplined.

It does appear Vernon has jelled.

So, I am hoping for one of those heart stopping games. I just hope most of the CPR is taking place on the visitors side by the end of the game. :D

Old Tiger
12-13-2006, 02:37 PM

Wow. I wouldn't wanna' be you right now.;) Blah oh well

Ranger Mom
12-13-2006, 02:48 PM

Wow. I wouldn't wanna' be you right now.;)

ROFL!! You are just full of surprises this week!!:devil: :devil:

lion75
12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't. Just going back to Burkburnett. By then the team was playing well together. Still lost a couple. And none of those teams had a first rate D and a first rate O. Snyder for instance has a first rate D. top 5 rated. But their O is nowhere close to their D. Only one game was won handily. That is a typical Celina score. 41-7. Canton was a mediocre game for us. I would not use that one to judge. We had a big game against number 7 Madison the week before and just could not take Canton seriously. Then when they came up with that funky scheme of theirs (canton coach said his only hope was to confuse us with stuff we had never seen) it took us about a quarter to get it straight. I watched practice that week and the boys were a little flat. They won't be for this one. Now they can taste the title. They know it's close. They will be coming. Watch out for the Orange Crush. Madison plays in the worst district in the state. I have never seen a team from that disrct do ANYTHING in the playoffs and I can tell you why. If you were a quality head coach, would you drag your family to the hood? Those are the worst coached teams in the state, regardless of talent. I tevoed the highlghts of your game with Madison and laughed when I saw them try to tackle you by just throwing a shoulder at you without even wrapping your runner up. They got nothing. Their schedule is very weak.

GWOOD
12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
ROFL!! You are just full of surprises this week!!:devil: :devil:

I've never picked on Tiger WR before. Do you think I picked a bad time?:D

I bet he will be fine tomorrow.

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Madison plays in the worst district in the state. I have never seen a team from that disrct do ANYTHING in the playoffs and I can tell you why. If you were a quality head coach, would you drag your family to the hood? Those are the worst coached teams in the state, regardless of talent. I tevoed the highlghts of your game with Madison and laughed when I saw them try to tackle you by just throwing a shoulder at you without even wrapping your runner up. They got nothing. Their schedule is very weak.

I agree after seeing them. But till we played them we expected more and got nothing. 36- 6 at the half. We called off the dogs and just finished the game.

bobcat1
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
What did he do take his ball and go home??????????:confused:

lion75
12-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Here is two interesting comparisons of east vs. west. Brownwood had blowout wins over Ennis, Dallas Lincoln, and Lake Dallas, but got slapped by Sweetwater (who Vernon routed). Sanger routed Royce City but couldn't handle a Graham team that was falling apart at the end of the season. Get the picture?

BILLYFRED0000
12-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Here is two interesting comparisons of east vs. west. Brownwood had blowout wins over Ennis, Dallas Lincoln, and Lake Dallas, but got slapped by Sweetwater (who Vernon routed). Sanger routed Royce City but couldn't handle a Graham team that was falling apart at the end of the season. Get the picture?

Yeah, none of the programs except Brownwood and Sanger and
Sweetwater are anygood. But Sanger has a major flaw. Mistake
after Mistake. Could not execute consitantly for anything. BTW
Dallas Madison slapped Lincoln 23 - 7. Celina slapped Dallas Madison 43 - 6 36 - 6 at the Half.
Get the picture.

tigerbyheart
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
If the Lions keep it close going in the 4th quarter, I say they pull out the win.. Whiteside is very good at wearing down defenses..