PDA

View Full Version : Knight goes for record

RMAC
12-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Texas Tech's Bobby Knight will try to break the record for career coaching wins today when the Red Raiders take on Centenary in Lubbock at the USA at 1:00 P.M. today. I won't be there as I have a stupid final to take at 4 and really need to study, but I just wanted to say it's good to have a guy with his kind of coaching ability and to have a record like that. Go Raiders.

kepdawg
12-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Isn't he going for sole possesion of 2nd place still a few games behind Dean Smith?

RMAC
12-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Isn't he going for sole possesion of 2nd place still a few games behind Dean Smith?

I thought I read at the beginning of the season he was only like 8 wins shy of the 1st place record, but I could be totally wrong. I was watching ESPN this morning and they had a piece on him titled something to the effect of "Knight Goes for Record." I might have totatlly misinterpreted that though.

kepdawg
12-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I just checked.

Dean Smith 879
Bobby Knight 876
Adolph Rupp 876

RMAC
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I just checked.

Dean Smith 879
Bobby Knight 876
Adolph Rupp 876

Thanks for clearing that up. Sadly though, I probably won't be back from the break until after he breaks the record. I don't really care all that much about basketball, much less just college, but it would be really neat to say I was one of only a few thousand people who was there to see him get 880. Man, that would be cool.