PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland wins in 2OT

carter08
12-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Lakeland (FL)beat that other team by 3 in 2OT. Other team had a great comeback late 4th quarter. For highlights, watch ESPNews

Congrats Dreadnaughts
Celebrate
Because they'll be taking this away very soon

Because Lakeland coaches recruited and gave financial help to RB Chris Rainey

halfnhalf
12-09-2006, 12:51 PM
That was a great game.

VAMike
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Lakeland (FL)beat that other team by 3 in 2OT. Other team had a great comeback late 4th quarter. For highlights, watch ESPNews

Congrats Dreadnaughts
Celebrate
Because they'll be taking this away very soon

Because Lakeland coaches recruited and gave financial help to RB Chris Rainey

Huh??? I thought the allegations (based on his own ignorant teenager comments) were just that people gave him gifts for his autograph. I never read anything about alleged recruiting of him.

How can you be so sure that he will be declared ineligible? Didn't a Texas kid do something equally ignorant last year, i.e. claimning to receive special treatment in town businesses due to his "star" status and that was also disproven.

CalallenWildcat
12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
Huh??? I thought the allegations (based on his own ignorant teenager comments) were just that people gave him gifts for his autograph. I never read anything about alleged recruiting of him.

How can you be so sure that he will be declared ineligible? Didn't a Texas kid do something equally ignorant last year, i.e. claimning to receive special treatment in town businesses due to his "star" status and that was also disproven.

I believe the Jeremy Kerley thing ended up being attributed to a misquote in the Austin American-Statesman (which ought to be renamed the Austin Miserable Excuse for a Newspaper). I could be wrong though.