PDA

View Full Version : Official Wimberley Crow Eating Thread (merged)

rb585
12-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Unbelievable game.

Congrats to Hondo. Totally ran the ball down Wimberley's gullet. Hondo's coaches also made the right calls. Once they figured they couldn't run wide, smashmouth worked perfectly.

Werner was awesome -- what a difference a year made for that kid.

I'd love to know what time of possession was, because it seemed Wimberley's offense never had the ball.

Hondo got a ton of breaks -- I've never seen a team fumble five times and not lose any of them -- but they also made the big plays they needed on defense to force turnovers. The great hit that #42 made to break up the fake punt may have been the biggest play of the game. And every time there was a ball on the ground, Hondo seemed to get to it first.

It's hard to say that Wimberley wasn't ready to play when they jumped out 20-0, but maybe it came too easily, and with Buse on the sidelines for most of the first half, maybe they started planning for revenge next week waaaay too early.

Oh well... Hondo deserved to win this one and their fans deserve to celebrate. I'll be rooting for them next week.

TxStBobcat
12-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Thank you, and i do have to say that hit was brutal!

texas1969
12-09-2006, 12:40 AM
that was good hondo.. have to give it to yall.. good luck..next week..

TexanAlum_06
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
OK first off what im about to say... im not making excuses... im just giving my thoughts on the game... Hondo BEAT us fair and sqaure. let me say congrats to hondo.... they played the game of theuir lives. after we went up 20-0 in 5 minutes most teams would just lose all hope... but they didnt..... hats off to their defensive coordinator.. he did his homework. they exposed our weaknesses... blitzed at the right times and their secondary blanketed our recievers.... he had an outstanding gameplan. knowone has stopped us all year... and they had an incredible gameplan... i mean our O-line had great protection a lot of the its just beaty would hold onto the ball for 6 or 7 seconds and knowone was open.... on defense..... we stuffed them like a turkey for the first 3 series... they actually had negative yards. but we just lost it. hondo didnt hold back running trick plays and everything they had. we had a poor poor night tackling. when buse went down it took the wind out of our sails. and we couldnt run the ball. hondo just got the momentum and never looked back.it was just many mistakes and fumbles.... we had many chances take control of that game and we would fumble it away. they earned that win and they outplayed us... plain and simple. they wanted it more. or so it seemed. we did not play with any emotion. and it cost us. it was just a total meltdown in the 2nd and 3rd qaurters. For the wimberley players... what a great season! a lot of people thought we wouldnt have much this after losing 30 seniors but yall truly had a great season and did some great things. yall have impressed me and Im proud of yall. and for hondo.... they have a good team. they earned my respect tonight.... and for all of you who are foaming at the mouth to take shots at the wimberley posters and happy to see that we lost.... go right ahead.... take your shots. it wont affect me. I have said what I have to say and im done with it.

bjrod9
12-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Great game, I am very proud of the Owls for not giving up.Both teams played their hearts out.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:05 AM
OK guys....let's first get one thing straight. We didnt LOSE to Hondo....Hondo BEAT us... And beat us good. No excuses, they handed us our hats, in all categories. So....let it go out across the 3ADownlow Land that THIS is the thread where the crow is served. I'll give my take on the game in another thread....this one is reserved for me to admit just how wrong I was. Serve it up with potatoes, please.

Hondo is better than Wimberley this year, and will get my support and admiration for the remainder of the play offs. Everything I thought about them was way off base, and I admit it. Wow, you guys really showed something you didnt show me the prior week. Good luck to you, sorry for doubting you, make Region 4 proud!!!!!

pirate4state
12-09-2006, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
OK guys....let's first get one thing straight. We didnt LOSE to Hondo....Hondo BEAT us... And beat us good. No excuses, they handed us our hats, in all categories. So....let it go out across the 3ADownlow Land that THIS is the thread where the crow is served. I'll give my take on the game in another thread....this one is reserved for me to admit just how wrong I was. Serve it up with potatoes, please.

Hondo is better than Wimberley this year, and will get my support and admiration for the remainder of the play offs. Everything I thought about them was way off base, and I admit it. Wow, you guys really showed something you didnt show me the prior week. Good luck to you, sorry for doubting you, make Region 4 proud!!!!!

I'm proud of you memory boy!!! ;) :clap: :clap: I'm kicking myself for not going to this game!!!

Congrats to Wimberley on a fine season!!! :thumbsup:

and of course,

CONGRATS TO THE HONDO OWLS - REGION IV, DIV II CHAMPS!!!

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Congrats BIGTIME to the Owls. If they can keep that intensity, they have a great shot at winning it all.

GWOOD
12-09-2006, 02:16 AM

Kudos to you wimbo_pro. Usually hear sour grapes.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Oh come on TexanAlum...getting crow shoved in your face comes with the territory. I was confident we would win, yes. But I was never disrespectful to Hondo. I mentioned many time the respect I had for their history and their program. I just didnt think they were at the level they showed us tonight (I bet that was their best game all season performance wise, right?) I have no regrets in what I said, so now I must eat the crow I deserve, as others must. It's the way it goes!!! SERVE IT UP....and dont doubt my new team of the 2006 season, the Hondo Owls!

TexanAlum_06
12-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Like I said...... Im not making excuses.... im giving thoughts on the game.... yeah they whipped us tonight... plain and simple.... and they are a team not to be taken likely. And if the winner of the Lh/Giddings game thinks they will be a pushover. they will share the same fate as we did tonight. I was confident we would win too. but this goes to show you that anything can happen in texas high school football playoffs.

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Do you want ketchup or hot sauce, with that crow???? :D

Both teams had their moments in this game, but as I once mentioned, NEVER underestimate the underdog. Dreams DO come true......

Congrats to Wimberley on an awesome season. Congrats to the Hondo Owls for never giving up......you made this neighbor really, really proud!! :)

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:38 AM
Ketchup, please.

By the way, I think Mike Buse will be OK. It was a concussion on the 2nd punt return, when he and Richard Samuel got confused on who was taking it and the pile landed on them. I didnt see the exact impact, but he came out of it dingy. I knew he was hurt when he was laughing on the sidelines...any other time he got hurt, he was pissed. But he cam back in the game in the 2nd half...but I gotta be honest with you...I would put money on the bet that he doesnt remember ANY of the game. I have seen it too many times. We will keep an eye on him, I am sure he will be OK

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Ketchup, please.

lol u need a soda too?

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Yes please.

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 02:41 AM
i was telling caleb to call u and tell to come over there but he said you wouldnt come

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Heck, I'll buy him a beer.....he's gonna need something stronger than soda!! :D

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:43 AM
I wouldnt come because Mikey was hurt and I was trying to get info on him. Sorry I missed you.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Trust me YaYa...I am already into THAT cabinet!!!!

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww.......well I guess you are allowed.....just don't over do it!!! We want someone with your passion to cheer on Hondo next week!!!

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 02:46 AM
I wouldnt come because Mikey was hurt and I was trying to get info on him. Sorry I missed you.

oh ok its cool

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:51 AM
I will cheer for Hondo next week, 100% for sure. I wonder where it will be played? Probably SA again?

And Boosty...thanks for understanding...as you can imagine, many were concerned for Mikey's return to help us win....I was concerned cuz he's my blood (ok yes, just a little, I wanted him to be OK so we could win too)....but it took on a different tone at that point. But he seems OK now, fingers crossed...so all is good here in BuseTown!!!!

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Sure glad to hear he's going to be OK.....I know he wanted back in that game...was hoping he wasn't playing injured, tho. Keep us informed on any news about him.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 02:59 AM
YaYa...he definitely was playing injured...which is what i was concerned about. I was watching through binoculars...and when the play was called, he would ask the QB 2 or 3 times what was going on...he was lost. It was sad to see. He even ran to the wrong side on defense...he ALWAYS played the left side....he ran to the right.....I know they checked him out hard, we had an MD on the sidelines...but he wasnt there at all....like i said, i bet he doesnt remember the game. But this is no excuse...we were up 7 when he got hurt, and put 13 more on the board real quick without him!

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 04:29 AM
ya i saw he was out of hit who put the hit on him to do that?

rundoe
12-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Wimbro-pro your a class act. great post and great responces.

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
YaYa...he definitely was playing injured...which is what i was concerned about. I was watching through binoculars...and when the play was called, he would ask the QB 2 or 3 times what was going on...he was lost. It was sad to see. He even ran to the wrong side on defense...he ALWAYS played the left side....he ran to the right.....I know they checked him out hard, we had an MD on the sidelines...but he wasnt there at all....like i said, i bet he doesnt remember the game. But this is no excuse...we were up 7 when he got hurt, and put 13 more on the board real quick without him!

If he had a concussion the coaches had no business putting him back in the game. He could have had a cerebral hemorrage. I realize that this was a big game but a concussion with that much confusion associated with it is probably a grade II, and a serious injury requiring at the minimum 2 weeks of no physical contact. He is fortunate that all turned out well. Everyone should be thankfull for that. Hope he gets some medical attention and needed rest.

read about concussions here (http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/53/61314.htm?pagenumber=1)

wimbo_pro
12-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Boosty...couldnt see WHO did it...it was kind of a mass of bodies that all hit at the same time...it might have been one of our guys too, I dont know. Or maybe he had his head crushed by the pile...not sure.

I agree with you PudLugger, that was my concern all along. But the MD was there and he made the call...and I have trusted him over the years....he is being watched closely, but I am sure all is ok.

Pudlugger
12-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Boosty...couldnt see WHO did it...it was kind of a mass of bodies that all hit at the same time...it might have been one of our guys too, I dont know. Or maybe he had his head crushed by the pile...not sure.

I agree with you PudLugger, that was my concern all along. But the MD was there and he made the call...and I have trusted him over the years....he is being watched closely, but I am sure all is ok.

Glad to hear he is okay. He should not have gone back in. I realize the pressure on the coaches and the MD on the sideline but fact is it was a risky thing to do.

My son had a concussion in hs and another in college ball. His trainers kept him out of practice for 2 weeks in the college injury but he played a week after in hs. His neurologist was quite upset over that and let me know it. Fortunately he is fine and has hung up the pads after so many injuries. It is a great game but you have to take care of your body too.

Congrats to the Texans on a great run. Wimberley is a fine community and a class program all the way around. Good luck in the future.

VanKampen
12-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I knew my Hondo Owls would win this game. great job boys. win state!:clap:

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 04:18 PM

oh ok i still dont think he should have gone back in i dont care how important the game was with the daze he was in he didnt need to even be in the stadijm becasue at that point and time he woldnt have made a difference at all

gold_33
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Okay, my stomach is feeling a little better now after last night so I'll go ahead and have my serving of crow. I would have never thought in a million years last night would be the last game of the year but we got whooped and just looked absolutely flat once Hondo got the momentum. With Buse out it looked like Nelms didnt have any faith in the run game so we were one demensional and Hondo took advantage got the momentum and never looked back. Great game by Hondo and I just hope you guys continue on and beat LH. To the Texans great season and hopefully will continue to be successful in the future. By the way that lick that that guy put on my cousin on the fake punt was about one of the hardest hits I've seen this year and the whole Hondo team was layin out good solid hits all night. We played some really good teams this year but I think yall were by far the most physical team we played, congrats again.

Boosty_Hondo
12-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
By the way that lick that that guy put on my cousin on the fake punt was about one of the hardest hits I've seen this year and the whole Hondo team was layin out good solid hits all night. We played some really good teams this year but I think yall were by far the most physical team we played, congrats again.

that hit was incredible i didnt think that kid was going to het up from that