PDA

View Full Version : Robinson (11-2) vs. Ingleside (12-1) thread

Pages : 1 [2]

99IHSMustang
12-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I want to thank the Mustangs for giving us a heck of a ride this year. Congratulations Mustangs on a wonderful season. Can't wait till next year... ;)

burnet44
12-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Ingleside played hard
my thoughts

1. Rocket ol line dominated big time
2. Ingleside threw to the right most of the night with curls and fades not hard to figure out (90 all curl, 90 curl and fade ect)
3. there was a wide gap in talent and coaching tonight
4. robinson won the semi-final game 49-14
5. robinson also won the jv game that broke out in the second half 13-7
6. up front was the real difference in the game
7. ingleside may have played bad but trust me they were no Hutto, Palestine or West Columbia
8. this game had such a gap in it was surprising
9. coach lewis, mcgee, daulphin, schiller, herring are doing a great job they are excellent coaches (and not just because they are in the finals, they were befroe this)
kids are prepared, work well together, play hard and do their job
10. low key kids doing well

best of luck next week

congrats to ingleside had a good year

GOFOR2
12-09-2006, 08:42 PM
"It wasn't so much what they did. I'm not one to use excuses, but we were a little bit injured in this ballgame," Hesseltine said. "We couldn't do some of the things that we normally do. Josh has been playing on a hurt foot and Zach Adams is playing on a hurt ankle.

"I don't think it was so much what they were doing, but we misfired on some plays, moved the ball at times," Hesseltine said. "We just couldn't get consistent moving the football the first half."

GOFOR2
12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
I am not making excuses but I just cant help myself.
TTT.

GOFOR2
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
2. Ingleside threw to the right most of the night with curls and fades not hard to figure out (90 all curl, 90 curl and fade ect)
3. there was a wide gap in talent and coaching tonight
4. robinson won the semi-final game 49-14
5. robinson also won the jv game that broke out in the second half 13-7

Well put. I like this.

burnet44
12-10-2006, 09:43 PM
yes I know

go rockets

GOFOR2
12-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
yes I know

go rockets

i just wish that coaches would pay more attention to what they are saying when they talk to reporters. Give the opponents credit and be gracious in defeat. I would respect someone much more if they would do that rather than one who thinks their mishaps were their own undoing. What? Did he think he was gonna score 70?

GOFOR2
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
you know me. I cant help myself.
ttt.

GOFOR2
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
i guess i am just trying in vain.

burnet44
12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
lol
yeah i know

GOFOR2
12-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
lol
yeah i know

I guess i will keep trying, especially since in hesseltine's words....good coaching wins games at this time of the season. I guess he got out coached.

burnet44
12-10-2006, 10:58 PM
some
but outplayed more
i have a question?
is there a waschmuth at ingleside?
is his daddy john waschmuth? was at Port Lavaca and Premont?

SINTON81
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Good article on Robinson from Wacotrib.com.
Congrats Robinson!:clap: :clap:
http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2006/12/09/12092006wacrobinson.html

Rockets go off, 62-21

Saturday, December 09, 2006

By Brice Cherry

Tribune-Herald youth sports editor

NEW BRAUNFELS — When the Robinson Rockets come back to earth, they’ll realize what they’ve done. For now, they’re still floating on air.

Robinson absolutely throttled Ingleside in every facet of the game, winning, 62-21, in the Class 3A Division I state semifinals here Friday night at Canyon’s Cougar Stadium.

Robinson (12-2) moves on to next week’s 3A state final to face the winner of today’s semifinal game between Texarkana Liberty-Eylau and Canyon. It’s the first trip to the state title game in school history for the Rockets, who earned their way there and then some.

“This is really sweet,” Robinson quarterback Randy Kitchens said. “I mean, what can you say? Golly, we really played well.”

“This is just unbelievable,” said head coach Brian Lewis. “I told these guys when we started two-a-days that I could only promise them 10 games. After that, it was all up to them, and they’ve come out each week and taken care of business. Now we’ve got four more quarters, and I couldn’t be more proud of them.”

The game was more lopsided than a deflated football, as Robinson scored on seven of its first eight possessions in rolling up a whopping 593 yards of offense and a season-high 62 points.

As if the Rockets needed any more motivation for a state semifinal game, they found it in the week leading up to the game in a bit of bulletin-board material from the Ingleside players.

“The guys saw some of the stuff in the Houston papers and the Corpus Christi TV stations and on the Internet, about how (Ingleside) was going to control the line of scrimmage,” Lewis said. “I think it fired them up, because they take pride in that kind of thing.”

“We had heard them say that they were going to dominate the line and that they really matched up with our speed,” Kitchens said. “I guess we had a little something to prove.”

Robinson’s offense actually sputtered on its first possession, as Kitchens was intercepted. But the Rockets scored on their next five drives.

“The ball just kind of sailed on me (on the interception),” Kitchens said. “But the guys picked me up, and told me not to worry about it.”

Kitchens got things going on the team’s second drive with a 40-yard ziz-zagging run, which set up a four-yard touchdown jaunt by Seth Mogavero.

Late in the first quarter, the Rockets began to open things up. Kitchens threw a screen pass to Austin Cleere, who took advantage of a clearing block by Taylor Groves to scoot into the end zone from 24 yards out.

On the ensuing kickoff, Robinson’s coverage team sliced in to knock the ball away from Zack Adams, and the Rockets’ Micah Spicer recovered at the Mustang 24.

Three plays later, Mogavero scurried in on a three-yard toss sweep, and the rout was on.

“Once we settled down and got into a rhythm, we played pretty much the way we’ve been playing for the past month,” said Lewis, whose team has topped 40 points in all four of its playoff wins.

While the Rockets moved the ball at will, they also stopped Ingleside (12-2) at nearly ever turn, forcing four turnovers, four punts and unleashing a boatload of big licks.

Robinson led 35-7 at the half, and any thoughts of a miracle comeback were wiped away when B.J. Lewis scored on a 70- yard pass from Kitchens on the first play of the third quarter.

Brian Lewis emptied his bench in the fourth quarter, and the backups cracked the end zone twice more.

Kitchens continued his red-hot playoff run, completing seven of eight passes for 225 yards and two touchdowns while running for 89 yards and another score. Lewis caught four balls for 142 yards, including the 70-yard touchdown.

Keenan Alford led all rushers with 102 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries, and Brown added 88 yards on only six totes, including a 70-yard TD run.

When the Robinson defenders dragged down Ingleside’s Braden Hendricks for a loss on the final play, the players began whooping and hollering in celebration. But the Rockets said they haven’t forgotten there is still work to be done.

“We can’t get too excited yet,” Kitchens said. “We’ve still got one more game left to play.”

“This feels so good, but we’ve got one more week,” Lewis said. “Next week is when we’ll really let loose.”

piratebg
12-12-2006, 02:32 AM
I haven't been near a computer since Friday morning, so I just wanted to say congrats Mustangs on one heck of year. I got to listen to the first half of the game and saw the hilights on Channel 6 Friday night. Keep your heads high over there. You made Dist 30 proud. :)

pirate4state
12-12-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
“This feels so good, but we’ve got one more week,” Lewis said. “Next week is when we’ll really let loose.” I just read this article!!

:eek: :eek: They didn't let loose THIS game!! :eek: :eek:

Hope they didn't use up all their offense.

burnet44
12-12-2006, 11:00 AM
a steady ship sails straight