PDA

View Full Version : McNeal to face additional charge

Maroon87
12-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Bengals rookie McNeal faces drug charge

Associated Press

HOUSTON (AP) - Cincinnati Bengals rookie receiver Reggie McNeal faces a drug charge stemming from his arrest earlier this week outside a Houston nightclub.

McNeal, a former Texas A&M quarterback already charged with resisting arrest, had a cigarette that contained an antihistamine that is sometimes used as a sedative, Houston police spokesman Gabe Ortiz said Friday.

The misdemeanor charge of possession of a dangerous drug was added Tuesday, two days after McNeal scuffled with police when he was refused entry into The Red Door nightclub, Ortiz said.

McNeal is out on bond and scheduled to appear in court next week.

McNeal set an A&M record with 6,992 passing yards and rushed for 1,889 yards, the second-most by an Aggies quarterback. The Lufkin, Texas, native set a Big 12 record with 213 consecutive passes without an interception.

McNeal was the Bengals' sixth-round pick and has played sparingly.

He is the seventh Bengals player arrested this year.

Phil C
12-08-2006, 05:25 PM
:(

Blastoderm55
12-08-2006, 05:26 PM
So he had a meth cigarette? Jeez. And here I thought ice was the drug of the poor. Oh well, he'll probably be in the poor house soon enough if he continues at this rate.

Phil C
12-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
So he had a meth cigarette? Jeez. And here I thought ice was the drug of the poor. Oh well, he'll probably be in the poor house soon enough if he continues at this rate.

But it would be a shame with the talent he has. :(

Blastoderm55
12-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Sure would. Most of us could only hope for the physical gifts he's squandering.

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
reggie, reggie, reggie

gobbler grad
12-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

He is the seventh Bengals player arrested this year.

them Bengals are some misbehaving, law breaking, drug smoking individuals...:devil: :devil:

stxfootballfan
12-08-2006, 05:39 PM

No meth is not used as a sedative it was probably benadryl.

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Them aggy's are something else I tell ya what

Blastoderm55
12-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

They're kinda like the Longhorns, unfortunately. :( Hopefully Reggie won't get busted as many times as Ricky Williams.

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
They're kinda like the Longhorns, unfortunately. :( Hopefully Reggie won't get busted as many times as Ricky Williams. You must remember that Ricky Williams is from California :p

RMAC
12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Do we REALLY need to bring up the rap sheets of the UT players from the last 5 or so years? I don't think I can make a post that large as it would PROBABLY crash the Downlow server, so I won't. But really, you're the pot calling the kettle black. Everybody does stupid things from time to time, EVEN UT players. He'll get a slap on the wrist and that'll be it.

STANG RED
12-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Maybe he should change his name to Reggie Vick. Then this kind of behavior would almost be expected.

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Do we REALLY need to bring up the rap sheets of the UT players from the last 5 or so years? I don't think I can make a post that large as it would PROBABLY crash the Downlow server, so I won't. But really, you're the pot calling the kettle black. Everybody does stupid things from time to time, EVEN UT players. He'll get a slap on the wrist and that'll be it. If you feel like it will make you happy you can :)

stxfootballfan
12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Do we REALLY need to bring up the rap sheets of the UT players from the last 5 or so years? I don't think I can make a post that large as it would PROBABLY crash the Downlow server, so I won't. But really, you're the pot calling the kettle black. Everybody does stupid things from time to time, EVEN UT players. He'll get a slap on the wrist and that'll be it.

LOL "POT" is that intended for Ricky, Ramonce, and Aaron?

charlesrixey
12-08-2006, 06:40 PM
amphetamine cigarettes ...............hmmm............. sounds innocent to me

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Nothing wrong with a funny smelling cigarette :D:p

RMAC
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
LOL "POT" is that intended for Ricky, Ramonce, and Aaron?

Nice:clap::D

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 07:03 PM
One of the great country singers Willie Nelson never had a problem with the sticky icky.

charlesrixey
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
how he has managed to get away with such blatant use is beyond me---

but i'd still vote for him for president!;)

mrescape43
12-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Meth is not an antihistimine.

Emerson1
12-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Him and Ramonce can sit back and remember the good ol' playin days.

mrescape43
12-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Him and Ramonce can sit back and remember the good ol' playin days.

:thumbsup:

bulldogman06
12-08-2006, 08:04 PM
wow, everytime somethin happens it turns into a mudslingin between Aggies and Longhorns, your guys smoke this much or your guys have this much time in jail. crap, its and individual making a stupid decision, which reflects nothing on the school of their choice.

Bulldog_12
12-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Did anyone seriously not see this one coming? When Henry was pulled over driving Reggie's car as he puked out the window drunk I thought there were some bad things coming his way. What a WASTE!:dispntd:

Maroon87
12-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Not to be outdone...

Bengals cornerback O'Neal charged with DWI

AMELIA, Ohio (AP) -Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal was charged with driving while intoxicated early Saturday after being stopped at a traffic checkpoint.

The two-time Pro Bowl player had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10, above Ohio's legal limit of 0.08, the State Highway Patrol said. O'Neal was alone in his car and arrested at the scene, Sergeant Kevin Long said. O'Neal took a breath test and was released,

He is to appear in Clermont County Municipal Court on Dec. 12. The seven-year veteran is the eighth Bengals player arrested this year. Rookie receiver Reggie McNeal was charged with resisting arrest this week outside a Houston nightclub.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said Saturday he was unaware of this latest arrest. The team withholds comment on unresolved charges against players, he said.

The Bengals host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

GreenMonster
12-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87

The Bengals host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

The new age Raiders versus the old school Raiders. Is Madden covering this one? They need to recruit the "Snake" to be the sideline reporter.

halfnhalf
12-09-2006, 12:56 PM
It was probably a cigarette dipped in promithazyne(sp?) or codene or something like that, seeing how popular that purple is nowadays in houston.