PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Downlow "Just Shut Up" Award Nominations (12/10/06)

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:26 AM
For those not familiar with the Just Shut Up awards as done on ESPN Radio...it's basically a weekly award given to the person/group with the dumbest comment over the proceeding week. KA suggested we do something similar on the low...so we're going to try it and see how it works. Below is a summary of the process...

We'll open up a nominations thread such as this on Friday. On Monday morning we'll post a poll of 3 finalists for everybody to vote on and the winner is announced on Tuesday. The only requirements for nomination are that 1) the quote has to be from the past 7 days (Monday-Sunday...this time it would end on December 10th) and 2) the person making the nomination must include a link to the quote (if it's from somebody NOT on the downlow)...or quote the poster if it's somebody making a comment ON the downlow. Sound like fun???

Start the nominations...and you can nominate as many quotes as you want. If there is one that you think should be a finalist that somebody else has already nominated...just quote that post and state that you are also nominating that! :)

NOTE: No personal attacks...keep this thread to NOMINATIONS ONLY so that it will be easier to go through to pick out the finalists!!! :mad::mad::mad:

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
k...you had been making progress until this post...am I gonna have to kick you back into the Casey catagory of dumb, dont make sense posts? :devil:

STANG RED
12-08-2006, 10:35 AM
DANG IT!
Where is the Cheif, when we need him so badly?:devil:
Or maybe Domincfrank will show back up sometime soon. You can bet whatever he'll have to say, will be really stupid.

Oh, and feel free to nominate this post if you like. :D

eagles_victory
12-08-2006, 10:37 AM
on the thread dallas dominating hoops polls and it had 10 teams listed and coach said "wow what recruitung will do for you" is my nomination

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
I have received a PM from AggieJohn disputing the scores that his team received in Weeks 5 through 7. I haven't had time to triple check his findings as work has been busy today...but it does appear that his team was unfairly scored and thus incorrectly seeded in the playoff bracket. It turns out that his team should've been the #5 overall team and thus not played the Girls in the 1st round of the playoffs.

As I do not have any way to go back and re-do the bracket...Russ and I have talked about this matter and have decided that the best line of recourse is for Dyslexia to play the Girls (as they are the #2 seed) this week...and the winner will play the All Seeing Guys over the next two weeks in a 5 game playoff covering the 2 3A state games, both 5A games, and 1 other state championship game of the downlow communities choosing from the 2nd week of state championship games. I apologize for the inconvenience this will cause...I know I'm about to get bombarded with 873 PM's from the PMS patrol...but it is what it is...and we have to make due with the situation at hand. Remember...it's only fitting that we called the amendment the AJ Clause!

Regards,

Your 3ADL Pick'em Game Admins

:evillol:

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
on the thread dallas dominating hoops polls and it had 10 teams listed and coach said "wow what recruitung will do for you" is my nomination

here's what you were looking for...

Originally posted by coach
wow what recruitung will do for you

eagles_victory
12-08-2006, 10:41 AM
anything said by CHS_CG

wimbo_pro
12-08-2006, 10:42 AM
DaHop....just cuz he deserves it.

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
anything said by CHS_CG

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
DaHop....just cuz he deserves it.

NOTE: No personal attacks...keep this thread to NOMINATIONS ONLY so that it will be easier to go through to pick out the finalists!!! :mad::mad::mad:

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
For those not familiar with the Just Shut Up awards as done on ESPN Radio...it's basically a weekly award given to the person/group with the dumbest comment over the proceeding week. KA suggested we do something similar on the low...so we're going to try it and see how it works. Below is a summary of the process...

We'll open up a nominations thread such as this on Friday. On Monday morning we'll post a poll of 3 finalists for everybody to vote on and the winner is announced on Tuesday. The only requirements for nomination are that 1) the quote has to be from the past 7 days (Monday-Sunday...this time it would end on December 10th) and 2) the person making the nomination must include a link to the quote...or quote the poster if it's somebody making a comment on the downlow. Sound like fun???

Start the nominations...and you can nominate as many quotes as you want. If there is one that you think should be a finalist that somebody else has already nominated...just quote that post and state that you are also nominating that! :)

I don't know about you, but someone telling me to SHUT UP is pretty personal. :mad: :mad:

Phil C
12-08-2006, 10:46 AM

That's right! SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know about you, but someone telling me to SHUT UP is pretty personal. :mad: :mad:

And whom did you just nominate? ;)

It doesn't have to be a poster on the downlow. You can nominate anybody. Last week I would've nominated Michael Strahan and Plaxico Burress for their squabbles in the media.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah they probably felt sorry for him like they did VY last year. Figure they would give him something since hes clearly second best just as Vy was.

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Who said that one???

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
And whom did you just nominate? ;)

It doesn't have to be a poster on the downlow. You can nominate anybody. Last week I would've nominated Michael Strahan and Plaxico Burress for their squabbles in the media. Well you didn't say it could be anybody and you had to know that was coming after your "joke" :kiss: :kiss:

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Who said that one??? Probably wooden bear

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Well you didn't say it could be anybody and you had to know that was coming after your "joke" :kiss: :kiss:

Sorry for the confusion...I did say that you should provide a link to the quote...or if it's a poster on the downlow then just use the quote feature. I'll go back and fix the wording.

bobcat1
12-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I nominate:
Hansum Stranger

originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Matter of fact I'll be going thru Celina today. Wonder how many classy people I'll talk to today over there, probably not to many.

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't know about you, but someone telling me to SHUT UP is pretty personal. :mad: :mad: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phil C
12-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Maybe it would be better to just say politely

PLEASE BE QUIET!!!

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Maybe it would be better to just say politely

PLEASE BE QUIET!!!

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS OVERRATED!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
About Greenwood being cocky....

Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Can anyone from the Graham side say this about them. I just read two atricles about the game and the coach and the QB seem very arrogant. I was turned off immediatley and wish for their failure. You dont come out and say " We knew they couldnt stop our offense." Or from the coach "They must be mad from the last time our line dominated them" Win with class guys, say stuff like " GRaham was a tough team and you know how hard it is to beat a team twice in the same season. Hats off to them....." I hope Vernon takes it to you guys. I know that you havent seen anything like Aston Whiteside and I know we have seen plenty of flashy runners like your QB seems to be.

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Vernon will lose
Because we hate Vernon

coach
12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72

i second that vote

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
From the MIA Downlow Member himself...

AggieJohn wrote on 12-08-2006 10:53 AM:
I nominate the PMS clan for their annoying signature and overwhelming pro-martha burke stance

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I just remember Wylie being a great athletic's school but with always rumors of how they got to that point and now it is how they are still 3A. After watching Ed Cherry, years ago, get called for Pass interference at the end of the game on 4th down to allow Wylie one more chance that would ultimatley beat us, I will never like Wylie and cant seem to let it go. There are tennis things too but I wont spoil this thread on them. I am sure theere are nice Wylie people but as far as I am concerned I hope they never win anything again in 3A.

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 11:59 AM

dang Hops I missed that one...not that he ever responds to anybodys replies or anything...

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 12:09 PM
dang Hops I missed that one...not that he ever responds to anybodys replies or anything... I think he's supporting the quote above his. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I think he's supporting the quote above his. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Can you post a link to that thread? I've got a feeling he played tennis at Vernon so I'll probably know this guy.

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I nominate the PMS clan for their annoying signature and overwhelming pro-martha burke stance

Who the heck is Martha Burke? :confused: :confused:

44INAROW
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Who the heck is Martha Burke? :confused: :confused:
I'm glad you asked that :p cause I dont' know either:(

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Can you post a link to that thread? I've got a feeling he played tennis at Vernon so I'll probably know this guy. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56555

Last post.

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'm glad you asked that :p cause I dont' know either:( 44, I'm disappointed in you. Martha Burke vs. Augusta National.:mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
44, I'm disappointed in you. Martha Burke vs. Augusta National.:mad: :mad:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 12:23 PM
She is some crazy feminist. I don't think we are like her AT ALL!! :mad: :mad:

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
She is some crazy feminist. I don't think we are like her AT ALL!! :mad: :mad:

She thinks women should be members at Augusta National. What a joke!!! :mad:

You can find out more info about her here...

http://www.marthaburk.org/

and here...

http://www.womensorganizations.org/

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM

and here...

Who gives a rats' behind? It's golf!

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Who gives a rats' behind? It's golf! 44 and I care about golf.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 12:33 PM
44 and I care about golf.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Let me rephrase. Who gives a rats' butt about some silly "men only" golf club? ;)

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Let me rephrase. Who gives a rats' butt about some silly "men only" golf club? ;) :kiss: :kiss: Much better.:D

44INAROW
12-08-2006, 12:36 PM
44, I'm disappointed in you. Martha Burke vs. Augusta National.:mad: :mad:

is she the lady that was pi$$ed off cause she couldn't play in a golf tourney there cause she was female?

44INAROW
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Let me rephrase. Who gives a rats' butt about some silly "men only" golf club? ;)

ROFL nice recovery LHPM.. :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 12:46 PM

and here...

She is a nut job!! And I'm offended that AJ has compared us to her!! :mad: All over a silly signature with hot chicks that we thought you guys would enjoy!!! :eek: I guess we were wrong!! :eek:

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 12:54 PM
She is a nut job!! And I'm offended that AJ has compared us to her!! :mad: All over a silly signature with hot chicks that we thought you guys would enjoy!!! :eek: I guess we were wrong!! :eek:
I think this is AJ's "real" problem, other than not being able to post.....

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/wedgie.gif

jason
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
From the MIA Downlow Member himself...

annoying sigs are supposed to be against the rules...thats how it was anyways when i had an annoying sig, and it was forcefully removed...

jason
12-08-2006, 01:25 PM
and i nominate this for the 'just shut up award'

I think this is AJ's "real" problem, other than not being able to post.....

crzyjournalist03
12-08-2006, 01:30 PM
To be politically correct, I nominate AggieJohn, because he hasn't posted anything worth reading in a few weeks ;) .

By choosing him, I believe that we can ask him to "just shut up", and he would willingly comply, hence taking away from some of the offensiveness that people are complaining about!

DaHop72
12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
is she the lady that was pi$$ed off cause she couldn't play in a golf tourney there cause she was female? :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
To be politically correct, I nominate AggieJohn, because he hasn't posted anything worth reading in a few weeks ;) .

By choosing him, I believe that we can ask him to "just shut up", and he would willingly comply, hence taking away from some of the offensiveness that people are complaining about!

:clap: :clap:

rundoe
12-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Pre-Game Speech - Cameron Yoe vs. Liberty Hill
Tonight after the game, I will post online the speech that
"inspired" the Cameron Yoe to beat the

big bad Liberty Hill Panthers at their own house.
in front of their own family and friends...
in front of all those babies and children...

They are Ready

They are Willing

They are Able...

CAMERON YOE WILL BEAT LIBERTY HILL FRIDAY NIGHT

As I heard someone say..

"Put Those Words In Concrete And Watch The Cement Dry..."

I nominate this one AND anything else ever posted by MILK THAT COW!!!! (he never did post his speech after we won the game either!!!!!!

RMAC
12-08-2006, 03:35 PM

Those are cartoons LHPM. Come on now, give us a little more credit than that.:D

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Those are cartoons LHPM. Come on now, give us a little more credit than that.:D
:doh: :doh: I didn't say anything. :p

lostaussie
12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
for a good deer hunting trip I would poisen their pre-game meal:thumbsup: maybe I should nominate myself:devil:

carter08
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Everyone who participated in the now removed Dear Wooden Bear Thread

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 04:58 PM
apparantly this was directed to me.....funny as hell!

Originally posted by buff4ever
okay we'll see this week if you can handle the man handling your about to get.

I only posted here b/c I am bored, you get no more of my time.

:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Giddings fans

Adidas410s
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
ttt...because I found one more...

Originally posted by Tiger WR
wish it would have gotten more out of hand FIU/Miami type :)

GreenMonster
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM

We'll open up a nominations thread such as this on Friday. On Monday morning we'll post a poll of 3 finalists for everybody to vote on and the winner is announced on Tuesday. The only requirements for nomination are that 1) the quote has to be from the past 7 days (Monday-Sunday...this time it would end on December 10th) and 2) the person making the nomination must include a link to the quote (if it's from somebody NOT on the downlow)...or quote the poster if it's somebody making a comment ON the downlow. Sound like fun???

This will never work. Wooden Bear and Carter will be battling it out every week. It's not fair to our slightly less dumb members. Unfortunately there is no way to level the playing field either. Although we could let G2 try to level the playing field by giving the slightly less dumb members massive amounts of alcohol in an attempt to kill enough brain cells to stoop to Wooden Bear and Carter's level.

PS: I understand that Carter is just being Carter. Not sure what Wooden Bear's excuse is. Maybe his breifs are too tight or something. :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
This will never work. Wooden Bear and Carter will be battling it out every week. It's not fair to our slightly less dumb members. Unfortunately there is no way to level the playing field either. Although we could let G2 try to level the playing field by giving the slightly less dumb members massive amounts of alcohol in an attempt to kill enough brain cells to stoop to Wooden Bear and Carter's level.

PS: I understand that Carter is just being Carter. Not sure what Wooden Bear's excuse is. Maybe his breifs are too tight or something. :thinking:

You mean panties, don't you, El Presidente?

GreenMonster
12-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You mean panties, don't you, El Presidente?

LOL chicks wear breifs too, Gary. But since I left it vague, yes, his panties must be too tight!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
LOL chicks wear breifs too, Gary. But since I left it vague, yes, his panties must be too tight!

Only the masculine females do, and wooden bear is clearly not from that cloth....

luvhoops34
12-11-2006, 01:45 PM
How about the Giddings coach for his juvenille rant in the Austin American Statesman.

CHS_CG
12-11-2006, 01:54 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by buff4ever

To be honest I don't know what the brat from caldwell is talking about, they haven't beat us very much in the last twenty years, so I don't know when she would have seen us down and unsportsmanlike. OH WELL?

GreenGobbla
12-11-2006, 02:19 PM
is she the lady that was pi$$ed off cause she couldn't play in a golf tourney there cause she was female?

no, she was mad because they wouldnt let women join the club and be members at augusta national.