PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland (Fla.) star RB "joking" he took jewelry for autograph

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Big Florida HS state final flap

Polk County Schools has cleared running back Chris Rainey of Lakeland (Fla.), No. 4 in USA TODAY’s Super 25 high school football rankings, of any wrongdoing that he received improper gifts, and it appears Rainey will play in Friday’s Class 5A state championship game vs. No. 19 St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale).

Rainey, Lakeland's leading rusher with 2,163 yards and 29 touchdowns in 13 games this season, told the Miami Herald in a story in Tuesday's editions that he accepted a sports jersey and jewelry from a local merchant in exchange for an autograph. The University of Florida-bound senior also said he received cash from an unknown woman.

"At this time, there is no credible evidence that Chris Rainey accepted remuneration, gifts, or donations for his participation in football or any other sports at Lakeland High School," Polk County Schools said in a statement, which adds the two-day investigation was done independent of Lakeland High and with a representative of the FHSAA present. "As such, there is no reason, at this time, to rule Chris Rainey ineligible to participate in the football program at Lakeland High School."

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 10:06 AM
got that from another forum....

that kid should be ruled ineligible for being an idiot....he would win my "just shut up award"

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
got that from another forum....

that kid should be ruled ineligible for being an idiot....he would win my "just shut up award"

I'm all for doing the just shut up thing. I say we post something on a Friday...take nominations...and then post 3 finalists on Monday and it's announced on Tuesday. The only requirements for nomination are that 1) the quote has to be from the past 7 days (Monday-Sunday) and 2) the person making the nomination must include a link to the quote...or quote the poster if it's somebody making a comment on the downlow.

Sound like a plan?

44INAROW
12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
My middle son lives in Lakeland -and to get "a fix for his Texas HS Football Jones" he goes to Lakeland's home games. He has told me he's observed and read in the local papers about Florida HS Football's version of "UIL". It is a JOKE:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm all for doing the just shut up thing. I say we post something on a Friday...take nominations...and then post 3 finalists on Monday and it's announced on Tuesday. The only requirements for nomination are that 1) the quote has to be from the past 7 days (Monday-Sunday) and 2) the person making the nomination must include a link to the quote...or quote the poster if it's somebody making a comment on the downlow.

Sound like a plan?

sounds great to me!!!