PDA

View Full Version : differences in the XBOX 360's

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 01:28 AM
WHat do i get extra for the $100 bucks in getting the more expensive one besides online capabilities which I wont use. Tell me why I should get the more expensive of the two?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Because of the Hard drive.it saves your games for you...Man you should really play online it is the best way to enjoy games for a long time

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 01:37 AM
So i would need to purchase memory cards if i get the regular console? How much are those and how much do they hold individually versus the hard drive?

I cant see myself playing much online. all i play are sports games anyhow and I can only imagine there is a lot of trash talking. I dont do well with trash talkers.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
So i would need to purchase memory cards if i get the regular console? How much are those and how much do they hold individually versus the hard drive?

I cant see myself playing much online. all i play are sports games anyhow and I can only imagine there is a lot of trash talking. I dont do well with trash talkers.

I rarley talk to the players when I play Madden, or NCAA or any sports game..online is addictive you need to try it...I dont know about memory cards because I have the HDD

wooden bear
12-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Spend a little more cash and get the ps3.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Spend a little more cash and get the ps3.

If I could find it I would get one tonight.

football4life
12-08-2006, 02:23 AM
from what i understand, the hard drive is nice, memory cards blow as we all know, you get the online stuff, and you get the wireless controller, which would cost 50 bones alone. i know there are some other differences, i saw a checklist in hastings, not sure though.

theyoefnshow
12-08-2006, 03:06 AM
definately worth the extra $100.00. Hard drive is superior to memory cards by far. The cards run like $40 I think. Plus the wireless controller is included and you'll also get high def cables. Of course, if you truly want a good connection you'll spend the extra $60-$70 and pick up monster cables seperately.

TexanAlum_06
12-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Yeah I have the deluxe package and it is awesome... I never realized till i got it how nice wireless controllers are. espcially if u are across the room or watchin a movie on it in bed.. u don thav to get up to turn it off. lol. a buddy of mine decided to go the cheao rout and get the 300$ one and since then he has bought 2 wireless and the hardrive and HD cables and is now spent over 200 to 250 on it.... so yeah bonehead move by him.... fork out the extra and get the deluxe version. it is worth every penny. and for those who try and convince u to get a PS3..... dont listen to them. They are almost as good as the 360 now... but I read in an article that microsoft hasnt even tapped into half of the 360's capabilites yet.

rundoe
12-08-2006, 07:13 AM
the 360 premium with 20gb harddrive is the better machie. I don't play video games, however i DO buy the units for my sons.

I make my living on line so I have a linksys wireless system set up in my home, they can play on line using the wireless adaptor off my network, its roadrunner, so it can't get any faster.

The advantages are: 20gtb hard drive (memory cards are still required for somethings such as taking a certain game at a certain level of play to your freinds house) if you are not wireless.

Get two wireless controllers.

This box is reccommended to be laid on its side and get a back mount cooling fan. It will heat up and the fans are cheap and increase the life of yor machine.

You can gt a splitter that will let you use two headsets while playing.

You can even get a trash talker for you, lol. It attaches to your controller via a short wire and you can download or or make your own 5 second clips to attack your opponents. Its halarious, especially when you are playing madden or shooting games. (having Curlie from the 3 stooges go wo-wo-wo-wo when you kill someone drives your opponents mad, lol.

All in all the premuim vs the core is worth it.

Besides guys, have we not learned anything yet. Running out any buying the "BrandNew" Play Station 3 is a bad investment for at least two reasons.

One: The never find all the bugs until it hits the market and is used my thousands of people anyway AND the price will drop dramaticially after a little while. This is true on any new software or hardware.

If your system does what you want it do do, play it,but once you upgrade, you'll be going, What was i thinking, this blows the doors off what i was using before.

Just some advise from some one who is somewhat anal when it comes to this stuff and has learned over time, what works best. It always boils down to time and money.

spiveyrat
12-08-2006, 08:10 AM
The price on the PS3 may drop in time. I honestly don't see how it could, though. They are losing approx $300 on every 20GB unit they sell and approx $200 on every 60GB unit.

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
And for those who try and convince u to get a PS3..... dont listen to them. They are almost as good as the 360 now... but I read in an article that microsoft hasnt even tapped into half of the 360's capabilites yet.

Almost as good as the 360??? Really??? Three words...Blu Ray Player! :thumbsup: We don't even have to get into all the other advantages of the 360.

Blastoderm55
12-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Until Blu Ray goes the way of Betamax and [most likely, if not already] UMDs. :p

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Until Blu Ray goes the way of Betamax and [most likely, if not already] UMDs. :p

Maybe it will...maybe it wont! ;)

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
You can even get a trash talker for you, lol. It attaches to your controller via a short wire and you can download or or make your own 5 second clips to attack your opponents. Its halarious, especially when you are playing madden or shooting games. (having Curlie from the 3 stooges go wo-wo-wo-wo when you kill someone drives your opponents mad, lol. :clap: :clap: LMAO ~~ hearing that would be hilarious!!! :D :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
You can gt a splitter that will let you use two headsets while playing.

You can even get a trash talker for you, lol. It attaches to your controller via a short wire and you can download or or make your own 5 second clips to attack your opponents. Its halarious, especially when you are playing madden or shooting games. (having Curlie from the 3 stooges go wo-wo-wo-wo when you kill someone drives your opponents mad, lol.

That's what RMAC and his friends used to do when playing Halo. Don't get me wrong...RMAC has dominated pretty much anybody I've ever seen play Halo (kinda like me with NCAA 04 and 05)...but he is a MUCH better trash talker. The things he comes up with...well while they're not all downlow material are still some of my all-time favorites.