PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart needs to change policy!

luvhoops34
12-07-2006, 11:22 PM
I went in a Super Wal Mart this evening. All I had was one item and I headed for the Express(less than 20 items) check out. There is no self check in this store or I would have exercised that option.

The man in front on me lays a paycheck on the counter along with his Texas drivers license. I'm thinking no way is he going to cash his payroll check in the express line! But he is....:mad: He has to input his SS number on the touch pad and the clerk has to punch his Texas DL # in on her keyboard. Then she tries to run his check through the machine. She does this SIX TIMES. I'm getting very annoyed. So I tell her, "doesn't he need to go to customer service to have his check cashed". She tells me no. Then he mouths off at me. So I mouth back. Meanwhile, she is still trying to run his paycheck through the machine. It won't accept it.

I get pissed and move over to the other express line about the same time the cashier has to turn off her open for business light because she can't cash the guys paycheck.

I don't know what happend, because all I wanted to do was GTF outta there. I have seen some stupid things done before but this absolutely takes the cake. :mad:

piratebg
12-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Wow. I thought they had to go through the Customer Service Center to do that. I guess not.

turbostud
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
I always get behind the ones who want to pay with change.

injuredinmelee
12-07-2006, 11:43 PM
i hate check writers who sand i line and wait for thir turn but dont start the check . Heck at wally world all you have to do is sign it and they can print the rest of it out for you.

piratebg
12-07-2006, 11:44 PM
I hate getting stuck behind people who fill up their basket with expired items. I realize it's an easy to get some free food and what not, but it just takes too long.

Stownhorse
12-07-2006, 11:51 PM
As a cashier, I hate the people who dont grab their own bags off the turn stall, I always have to do it for lazy people.

RMAC
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
When I worked at United what I hated the most was people coming in at 10:50 (we closed at 11) and buying like 3 baskets worth of crap. So I end up staying there until 12:30 because I had to straighten up shelves before I was allowed to go home. Nothing pissed me off worse than that.

piratebg
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
As a former cashier and a customer, I hate people who feel the need to take a full to the top basket into the exrpess line. When I was a cashier, I flattened a womans loaf of bread when she refused to leave the express line I was working. That pissed her off real quick. :D

luvhoops34
12-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Don't get me started on people who go in the express line with a butt load of items. That is just plain rude and inexcusable. The Wal Mart at Greenwood Rd is the absolute worst for people that need to "have a sign".

piratebg
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Don't get me started on people who go in the express line with a butt load of items. That is just plain rude and inexcusable. The Wal Mart at Greenwood Rd is the absolute worst for people that need to "have a sign".

LMAO!!!

My brother in law works there. :D
But in his defense, he works in the market so that comment should not apply to him. I hate that store. I stick to Calallen, Portland, and AP.

GreenGobbla
12-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by turbostud

its fun paying in change

piratebg
12-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Everyone has had to do this at least one time in their life. :)

CenTexSports
12-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Show some compassion!

mrescape43
12-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by turbostud

Are you talking about me?:D

I do this after my ash tray gets too full to accept any more change.

Ranger Mom
12-08-2006, 09:00 AM
It doesn't matter if I have one item or 1000, I go to the self check out everytime, if possible. (Carole, Im surprised ALL Super Walmarts don't have them now)!

I DID witness one checker working an express lane tell a lady with a buttload of groceries that she needed to go to another lane. The lady refused, so she told her she could only ring up 20 items at a time...cash out...and start all over again. The lady left in a huff, leaving her basket with all the groceries in it sitting there. I got a kick out of it!!:D

Phil C
12-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I once went to a convenience store to buy a soda and some chips. I waited in line for 2 people ahead of me. One of them brought a lottery ticket that you scratch off and scratched it off and won $2.00 and brough another $2.00 which she didn't win so she left thank goodness. The next one brought some items and the cashier even encouraged him to buy lottery tickets so he took his time deciding which ones to get. Fortunately he didn't scratch his off. I paid for my items and left. As I left I thought how odd that I come here for convenience and speed and I probably could have took about the same time if I had gone to HEB at the 10 item check out line. Plus it probably would have been a little lighter on my pocketbook.

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 09:14 AM
i didnt know there were any walmarts anymore with a 20 items or less type line. I know the ones around here all did away with it. They said it wasn't worth the fight....didnt want to keep having to turn people away because of the number of items...weird deal

Ranger Mom
12-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i didnt know there were any walmarts anymore with a 20 items or less type line. I know the ones around here all did away with it. They said it wasn't worth the fight....didnt want to keep having to turn people away because of the number of items...weird deal

We still have several. I think there is only one checkout that will sell cigarettes and that is an express lane.

It ticks my sister in law off to buy groceries and then have to go get back in line to get cigarattes!:D

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We still have several. I think there is only one checkout that will sell cigarettes and that is an express lane.

It ticks my sister in law off to buy groceries and then have to go get back in line to get cigarattes!:D

check and see if there is still a sign that says a certain number of items or les. We still have those little lanes but they took down all the items or less signs. I thought walmart did it across the board but I guess i was wrong

Ranger Mom
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
check and see if there is still a sign that says a certain number of items or les. We still have those little lanes but they took down all the items or less signs. I thought walmart did it across the board but I guess i was wrong

I know for certain that checkout lane #17 is like that, cause I saw it last night.:p

I hate that they did away with their lay-away department more than anything!!:(

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know for certain that checkout lane #17 is like that, cause I saw it last night.:p

I hate that they did away with their lay-away department more than anything!!:(

cool...maybe its just this area that deceided to...weird. I didn't realize that the lay away department didnt exist anymore

Phil C
12-08-2006, 09:26 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
12-08-2006, 09:29 AM
cool...maybe its just this area that deceided to...weird. I didn't realize that the lay away department didnt exist anymore

Evidently Walmart was the last department store that offered layway...I used it A LOT!!!!

November 18th was the last day you could use it and all items have to be picked up by December 8th (HEY...that's today!!)

I think the layaway option is still open to employees though, Im gonna have to find me a Walmart connection!

kaorder1999
12-08-2006, 09:41 AM
to get ahead in life its all about who you know!

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

Feel free to gripe at me. Usually one weeknight after work I'll stop by the local Tom Thumb and pick up the things I'll need for the next week. They have the 15 items or less line. I've felt bad that the last 3 weeks I've had 12-15 items. The only crappy part is that if you aren't in that line...they only have 2 other registers open and everybody in those lines has a full basket. To try and compensate I make sure to stack the items in the best order for bagging them to try and speed up the process. I feel bad...but living in an area where so many others are inconsiderate in places such as the grocery store leads me to want to do the same thing. :(

STANG RED
12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I got behind this (way to young to be a mother) young lady at a convenience store one time. While her rotten little child was bouncing off everything in the store, she was busy spending about $20 on scratchoffs, and continued to scratch them and redeem the winners for more scratchoffs, till she finally ran out of money. Then she proceeded to put all of her sodas, candies, and other crap items up on the counter, and then paid with welfare food stamps. I was so pissed when I finally got out of there, I could have bit 16 penny nails in half.:mad:
Never stepped foot in that store again!

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I got behind this (way to young to be a mother) young lady at a convenience store one time. While her rotten little child was bouncing off everything in the store, she was busy spending about $20 on scratchoffs, and continued to scratch them and redeem the winners for more scratchoffs, till she finally ran out of money. Then she proceeded to put all of her sodas, candies, and other crap items up on the counter, and then paid with welfare food stamps. I was so pissed when I finally got out of there, I could have bit 16 penny nails in half.:mad:
Never stepped foot in that store again!

Should've said something to her. I've found the worst time of day to go into a convenience store is either about an hour before a big lotto pull or about 9-10AM on a weekday morning. By then...all of the old people have had their morning coffee, bingo isn't open yet, so they go stand at the counter and play with scratch off cards.

olddawggreen
12-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes, show some compassion, when I see someone in the Express Line with a basket that is holding well over the minimum number of items allowed, I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and I look on them with pity and sadness. I figure that they must be terribly uneducated and unable to read the sign or unable to count higher than 10. After all, "Express Lane" really sounds pretty French when you think about it.
It’s a very scary world out there for people that can't read the signs. And for people like that, the numbers 15 or 20 can be mind boggling. I mean think about it, most people only have 10 fingers. Just think how long it would take these people to check out if they had to remove their shoes every time. And even if they did take off their shoes, they only have 10 or 11 toes. What are they supposed to do after that?:eek:confused:
I think rather than getting mad at these people, we should try to help them. Maybe ask them if there is anything you can run back and get for them that they may have missed, offer to read the labels on the items that they have in their basket, just in case they were really looking for thumb tacks instead of Tampex:eek: there’s another mind boggler! At least offer to help them carry their items to the car for them, you can come back in the store and stand in line to pay for you own measly 10 or 15 items when you get back from carrying their things to the car.
WORD OF WARNING; If you go through this cycle more than three times in any one trip to the store, you should move to the non express line.

:D :D

Maroon87
12-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I've found the worst time of day to go into a convenience store is either about an hour before a big lotto pull or about 9-10AM on a weekday morning.

Or just before they stop selling beer...especially on the weekend.;)

sahen
12-08-2006, 01:47 PM
personally, i just hate to be behind anyone in line...doesnt matter if it is the express lane or not, i just dont like to deal w/ people at the store...

crzyjournalist03
12-08-2006, 02:02 PM
The express lane at the Walmart by my apartment has recently installed something that looks like traffic lights. You stand in one line regardless of how many express lines there are, and the light turns green showing you which register to check out in. I thought this was really odd, but I guess it helps make sure that everybody in the express line gets out as soon as possible so you don't have to worry about being in the slow line.

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Or just before they stop selling beer...especially on the weekend.;)
nah cuz if I'm in there at that time that means that I'm...well ya know! ;)

Macarthur
12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
People suck and I hate Wal-Mart.

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Wal-Mart aka the 9th Ring of Hell...I would know Iworked there