PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Stat

VWG
12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
From the DMN.
Celina has a 29 game winning streak. Only 1 team during that streak has scored more than 14 points against Celina.
Only five teams have managed more than a touchdown.

gobbler grad
12-07-2006, 10:28 PM
cool...:clap:

WOS87
12-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Celina has had 165 points scored against them in their past 29 wins..

and 159 points scored against them in their past 4 losses giving up 49 to Crawford, 45 to Gilmer, 44 to Gainesville and 21 to Daingerfield.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by VWG
From the DMN.
Celina has a 29 game winning streak. Only 1 team during that streak has scored more than 14 points against Celina.
Only five teams have managed more than a touchdown.
is pretty impressive.

Boosty_Hondo
12-08-2006, 02:03 AM
wow incredible

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Interesting...:thinking:

necks_c/09
12-08-2006, 09:16 AM
dang thats only like 5._ ppg....very nice!!!!

im cheering em on b/c they got no love from the pollsters this year.......

and their jerseys are sweet!!!

Bearkat
12-08-2006, 09:52 AM
That's what you call "DEFENSE"

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
That's what you call "DEFENSE"
and some weak regular season competition! ;)

bobcat1
12-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
and some weak regular season competition! ;)

Are we playing weak teams in the playoffs?:rolleyes:

WildTexan
12-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Always some hater fool that thinks a team only wins because they don't play anyone....

Again the fool must be shown....we played Robinson this year...are they still in the playoffs? We played PP and they made the 3rd round...in 2A we played all non-district 3A teams for several years, and most of those years the teams we played had 2-3 previous year 3A playoff teams included.....I do not know why we played 2 private schools this year, but I bet it is a tough negotiation to get some teams to play Celina as a 3A for the very reason that the odds are they will beat you up....Celina is not the greatest little school ever, but they do have quite a run going for about the last 10-11 years, and it looks like only SLC can match the run....

I bet it won't be too long until Celina has to schedule McKinney or Frisco 4A teams to get good non-district games in, but there is no guarantee those teams will play us....they have nothing to gain by beating a smaller school if they win, but if they lose it sets their kids' attitudes back a bit....kind of a no-win situation for bigger local schools to schedule Celina and take a chance....

We did our job...we won during the season and have beaten every team so far in the playoffs....tonight is a new challenge back in the Holey Stadium for the 1st time in several years, so we shall see.....the last time Celina was in Jerry's house was with the Mart steamrollers and some Cosby kid at the helm, and what a game that was.....hopefully tonight's game will be as good....

Did ya see in the paper where the 6 teams that played in Texas Stadium on the day SLC/Trinity played all split up about $400,000 in gate receipts and each school got about $60,000 for the one game? Not bad for an added chunk of change into the athletics till to bus some kids over to play a game.....

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
according to some posters from Celina...yes you are! ;)

Adidas410s
12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan
[B]Always some hater fool that thinks a team only wins because they don't play anyone....

Again the fool must be shown....B]

Aww now...don't go getting the feathers all ruffled. I've been to many a Celina game and have never rooted against them. I have plenty of friends that are former players and one very good friend who was an integral part of the 00 and 01 state championships. You can find his father in the radio booth on Friday nights as well. Just cuz I poke fun at Celina doesn't mean I'm hating on them for their success. People do the same thing to me because I went to Wylie. You deal with it...and keep on smiling cuz you're playing in December a lot more than they are! :)

WildTexan
12-08-2006, 11:41 AM
we may have played as solid a Region2 playoff set of teams as anyone.....but I sure don't argue that region3 is sure a tough road to get to the semi's.....region4 is probably next toughest, then 2 then easy region1......of course I kinda say that toungue in cheek since the state champ this year is playin in Region2....

(hehe see how that works up the midland folks for next week if they can beat the lion)

WOS87
12-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Nothing against Celina, more power to you guys, but your schedule really can't compare....

Celina

Massey Rankings of Past Opponents in 2006
(the # listed is statewide ranking among all teams 1A-5A, Private and Independent)

#79 - Robinson
#107 - Denton Liberty Christian
#239 - Dallas Madison
#365 - Prosper
#374 - Pilot Point
#392 - Canton
#473 - Princeton
#599 - Quinlan Ford
#631 - Whitesboro
#670 - Van Alstyne
#730 - Bonham
#744 - Frisco Wakeland

Potential Remaining Opponents
Week 14
#267 - Brownsboro

Week 15 - the winner out of these two
#215 - Midland Greenwood
#252 - Vernon

So far Celina has played 3 teams in the top 350 and if they make it to the state finals they will have only played two teams ranked in the top 200 in fifteen games (both games played in September).

if you look at Liberty Hill's schedule, they have played 11 teams in the top 350 with a 12th one this weekend and if they make it to the state finals they will have played six teams ranked in the top 200 in fourteen games (almost 50%)

Liberty Hill

Past Opponents in 2006

#52 - Wimberley (lost by 4)
#130 - Cuero (lost by 4)
#149 - Burnet
#158 - Hutto
#223 - China Spring
#229 - Gatesville
#231 - Cameron Yoe
#258 - Sweeny
#263 - Crockett
#314 - Waco Connally
#333 - Taylor
#415 - Rockdale

Potential Remaining Opponents
Week 14
#32 - Giddings

Week 15 - the winner out of these two
#52 - Wimberley
#98 - Hondo

kepdawg
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
So the best teams Celina has played are the teams Celina had a choice in playing? :thinking:

WildTexan
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
So?

those numbers are just some guy's guess at who is better than who....all I know is Robinson is still in so we did not dodge playin a good team, and we will never know if Robinson could have beaten Cuero or Wimberly or WOS or Giddings or whoever....

Celina only has control right now over 3 games a year, so for all the rest we will win all of them we can and if all those better teams fall in the playoff bracket and we only beat the one left standing, we are fine with that.....

Beating a lot of great teams only matters if you win the last game....and if you win the 16th game and played an easier schedule, you still get the trophy, so none of that matters all in all.....

WOS87
12-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Absolutely...all of the above is true but speaking from experience, it's a lot tougher to be prepared against a top-notch team coming out of a relatively weak district and relatively lighter playoff bracket than to have battled through a few of those nailbiter games already.
But it's really the luck of the draw... like you said, Celina only gets a choice in 3 of their regular season games.