PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN SPEED SWEPT THE GATESVILLE HORNETS TONITE IN THE SCRIMMIAGE

MARLINFAN
08-22-2003, 01:09 AM
YEP THE MARLIN O SCORED ABOUT 7 TIMES. IT WAS LIKE 2 DOWNS A DRIVE AND THEY WOULD SCORE. TANK SMITH SCORED 2 OR THREE TIMES AND ON 1 RUN A SWEEP THE DEFENDER WRAPPED HIM UP AND HE CARRIED HIM(NOT DRAGGED) CARREIED HIM IN THE ENDZONE.RICHARDSON# 5 RAN A SWEEP TO THE LEFT FOR ABOUT 7 YARDS THEN CHANGED DIRECTION AND LEFT THE HORNET D ABOUT 20 YARDS. THE MARLIN OFFENSIVE IS READY. THEY NEED TO STIFFIN UP A ALREADY SOLID DEFENSIVE. THE REAL TEST WILL BE NEXT WEEK AGANIST EVERMAN

rholl
08-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Don't kid yourself...Everman still seems to be working out kinks and working on personnel. Marlin may well dominate if they are showing form ready to start the season.

dab
08-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Marlin did look good, but I would not go that far. The Bulldogs scored five times and had plenty of sloppy plays on both sides of the ball. They are very athletic, but they still have a ways to go.

Gatesville did not look good and I will be the first to admit it. But, I think it is safe to say that the Hornets were not running their normal offense. LaShon Thayer only got the ball three times in 35 plays.

Gatesville's offense will be to pound the ball inside with Thayer and run out the clock, which is something you can't see in a scrimmmage.

beefy
08-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Marlin did look exceptionally fast against the hornets. The hornets seem to be giving a good look to their depth players. Thayer is a good back and will definitely play a bigger part in the hornets attack come game time.
Marlin has 4 legit weapons. #4,#2,#5, and #7 are all very fast!!!! I was surprised to see them spreading the field more this year. Seems like a good idea to utilize those athletes. Good luck to both programs. We will have our shot at both of them soon enough......

Swarm 51
08-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Credit goes to Marlin's speed on offense. However, their D-line needs some work before they can become a playoff contender. The few times Hornet's running back Thayer was given the ball he averaged over 5 yards a carry. And, that is not including his TD run in the game-like series which was for about 30 yds. If the Bulldogs can get something going defensively then they should be okay.