PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Reasons Why Giddings Will Beat LH

buffalo booster
12-07-2006, 06:56 PM
1. Giddings beat Wimberley; LH didn't.
2. Giddings played a tougher schedule overall, beating five teams that were ranked in the Top 10 at the time: Wimberley, Hutto, LaGrange, Bellville, WOS.
3. "Home Field" advantage -- this is Giddings' fourth game at the Palace in the last two years, where they are 3-0 already.
4. Fan Support. Except for Hewitt Midway (a 4A team that made the mistake of scheduling the Buffs for Homecoming) Giddings fans have outnumbered, outyelled and outsupported every other opponent this year.
5. #5, and the rest of the offense.
6. #11, and the rest of the defense.
7. The Buff Guys will be there.
8. It's been 55 years since we played in the State Championship Game; we're overdue.
9. Giddings Cheerleaders -- they know football.
10. Our inflatable helmet is bigger!

Good luck to the Panthers. I might just wander over to the home field parking lot, after all. Sounds like there might be more food on that side of the stadium.

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by buffalo booster
2. Giddings played a tougher schedule overall, beating five teams that were ranked in the Top 10 at the time: Wimberley, Hutto, LaGrange, Bellville, WOS.
3. "Home Field" advantage -- this is Giddings' fourth game at the Palace in the last two years, where they are 3-0 already.
4. Fan Support. Except for Hewitt Midway (a 4A team that made the mistake of scheduling the Buffs for Homecoming) Giddings fans have outnumbered, outyelled and outsupported every other opponent this year.
8. It's been 55 years since we played in the State Championship Game; we're overdue.

Good luck to the Panthers. I might just wander over to the home field parking lot, after all. Sounds like there might be more food on that side of the stadium. lame

carter08
12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
lame

and Casey knows lame :D

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by carter08
and Casey knows lame :D Yea I know you ;)

Chris Hart
12-07-2006, 07:04 PM
I didn't know Giddings/LH were playing each other in volleyball, cause everyone that is anyone knows LH is gonna dispose of the Gidding football team Sat.:D

awizzy
12-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Yea I know you ;)
burn

tiger_94
12-07-2006, 07:09 PM

Good luck to the Panthers. I might just wander over to the home field parking lot, after all. Sounds like there might be more food on that side of the stadium.

I dont think thats lame, those are very good points and I agree.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 07:14 PM
10. LH doesn't use an inflatable helmet - rundoe needs all his hot air for cheering.

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn2.gif

buffalo booster
12-07-2006, 07:14 PM
everyone that is anyone knows LH is gonna dispose of the Gidding football team Sat...?

The Sticky Poll is running about 60-40 for Giddings. Four out of the five Austin sportswriters that cover high school football picked Giddings. Guess there's a few folks that disagree with you.

LHMom
12-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Clever. But WRONG.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 07:19 PM
The Sticky Poll is running about 60-40 for Giddings. Four out of the five Austin sportswriters that cover high school football picked Giddings. Guess there's a few folks that disagree with you.
Sure there are folks that disagree. It really doesn't matter what any of us "thinks", those boys & coaches on the field Saturday are going to determine the outcome.

Chris Hart
12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
everyone that is anyone knows LH is gonna dispose of the Gidding football team Sat...?

The Sticky Poll is running about 60-40 for Giddings. Four out of the five Austin sportswriters that cover high school football picked Giddings. Guess there's a few folks that disagree with you. I did say everyone that is anyone, lol:D jk

wooden bear
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey heres a reason, because they are way freakin better than LH

turbostud
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM

LOL:D

rundoe
12-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I hate those inflatable things helmets anyway. We are there to play football not put on a half time show before the game even starts.

And Deb you are right, I need all my hot air to help yell us to victory. It takes my voice days to come back after each game.

Giddings may have more people there, but louder and more loyal, not!!

All 4 of those same sports writers picked Lufkin over The Round Rock Dragons. Nuff Said on that one!!

Same number of players on the field, where the contest will be decided. Unless Giddings tries to sneak 12 men on to stop the 4-Headed Monster

Panthers take this one!!!!!! You'll still be over due.

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 08:43 PM
As long as LHPM has her bell no one is going to be louder.

buffalo booster
12-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Does she wear it or ring it?

Just kidding LHPM! I really like all you folks from Liberty Hill. You keep things positive and obviously love your Panthers. Just a shame one of us is going to have a long drive home on Saturday.

See you at the game.

rundoe
12-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Now that was tacky!!!!!

buffalo booster
12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I know. So, I apologized right after posting it!

BTW, appreciate the weather updates. I don't mind the cold, but I hate sitting in wet bleachers. Plus, wet fields make for sloppy games. Let's home it's cold and clear.

Old Tiger
1. Because they won't

gobbler grad

I would hate to see 56...:eek:

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Does she wear it or ring it?
I ring it....rundoe wears the imprint in his head every so often. :D

gobbler grad
12-07-2006, 09:10 PM
it's the loudest and biggest bell i've ever seen...:eek:

Chris Hart
12-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I ring it....rundoe wears the imprint in his head every so often. :D It is quite LOUD too! I have sat right next to it several times, and across the field from it several times. I love the bells! I wish more people took them to the high school games. It sounds really cool when the opposing crowd across the field is filled with fans with cow bells. The only downer is that if you're hearing them, they've probably just made a big play against your team, or they are trying to make a big defensive stop. Personally, I love the atmosphere the bells bring to the games. I may just have to get me one to bring along with me Saturday.

LHPM, how did you get rundoe to start posting? I think he's posted more this week than in his entire downlow career, lol...:)

JakefootballGOD
12-07-2006, 09:16 PM
where are your boys at? easy to make prediction when your team is at home sitting on the couch eating cheetos and playing xbox...come on dude, if you gonan talk noise have some decent to back it up with!

sicem74
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
wow what a lame top 10 reasons lol that list is garbage

bet dat

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
where are your boys at? easy to make prediction when your team is at home sitting on the couch eating cheetos and playing xbox...come on dude, if you gonan talk noise have some decent to back it up with! Not very nice...JERK! Plus who eats cheetos and plays XBOX that is stupid. The cheese will just get on the controller. You show lack of knowledge :)

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
LHPM, how did you get rundoe to start posting? I think he's posted more this week than in his entire downlow career, lol...:)
It's kind of strange. I'm usually telling him to "hush" when he's yapping at the games. :D I guess he finally found his DL voice. ;)

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 09:23 PM

I despise posts like this!! I don't have a dog (or panther or buffalo) in this fight, but it makes me want to yell for the opposing team.

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

DaHop72
12-07-2006, 09:39 PM

Dear Panthers,

It appears by the above post that you have lost this game on the sticky polls, in the Austin newspapers and by the self proclaimed predicter of high school football himself, buffalo booster. Maybe you should save youself the trouble of even showing up saturday.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GO LIBERTY HILL PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dear Panthers,

It appears by the above post that you have lost this game on the sticky polls, in the Austin newspapers and by the self proclaimed predicter of high school football himself, buffalo booster. Maybe you should save youself the trouble of even showing up saturday.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: That's what we hear! :bigcry:

c-town_balla
12-07-2006, 10:08 PM
i dont beleve anything on here since we were suposed to lose to LH by 100 ............but what ever go 18-3a boooooo giddings

bandera7
12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Im pulling for LH here, I love to see old district foes do good in playoffs. Those points made a little sense, but you forget that it isnt about what has happened. In the post season everybody is equal, just ask Round Rock or Texarkan LE, they will tell you that it doesnt matter what your regular season record is anymore. And as for beating Wimberley, Giddings played a much weaker Wimberley team, it was their first game and they played very bad and rusty, should they get a rematch, the outcome would be different. I hope that they do.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Im pulling for LH here, I love to see old district foes do good in playoffs. Those points made a little sense, but you forget that it isnt about what has happened. In the post season everybody is equal, just ask Round Rock or Texarkan LE, they will tell you that it doesnt matter what your regular season record is anymore. And as for beating Wimberley, Giddings played a much weaker Wimberley team, it was their first game and they played very bad and rusty, should they get a rematch, the outcome would be different. I hope that they do.

So are you pulling for Liberty Hill or not?? :confused:

If Giddings and Wimberly get that match up you are hoping for, that means Liberty Hill didn't win!!

LHMom
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
That's what I was wonderin'!

buffalo booster
12-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I think that he wants Giddings to get beat by both Liberty Hill and Wimberley...?

buff4life
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
wow what a lame top 10 reasons lol that list is garbage

bet dat

well i got the number one reason why you keep hating on Giddings

1. YOUR mad because cameron is OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS>>>1st round

HIT THE HARDWOOD>>>TIME FOR HOOPS

GO BUFFS

"bet dat"

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
well i got the number one reason why you keep hating on Giddings

1. YOUR mad because cameron is OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS>>>1st round

HIT THE HARDWOOD>>>TIME FOR HOOPS

GO BUFFS

"bet dat" I'm gonna raise your bet dat with a triple dog bet dat and in return I get the next bet dat of the bet dat sayings

rundoe
12-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I ring it....rundoe wears the imprint in his head every so often. :D

I will testify in court, she has assalted me with her bell on several occasions. Causing only minor concussions. This usually occurs if i make any comment on a play, referee, coach, or anthing to do with the football game in general. So I have learned not to say anything.

However the real deadly weapon, her purse, I keep a close eye on. One good punch from that 30 pounder I might now be able to get up from. LOL:doh:

rundoe
12-07-2006, 11:19 PM
[

LHPM, how did you get rundoe to start posting? I think he's posted more this week than in his entire downlow career, lol...:) [/B][/QUOTE]

She threatened to hit me with it again. So I started posting to have witnesses to this terrible abuse. As far as the noise, My Mom still refers to her as "That Lady with the Bell." and brought ear plugs to this years games, lol.

Actually we now have several bells, but hers is still the biggest and loudest.:hand: :hand: :hand:

rundoe
12-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
where are your boys at? easy to make prediction when your team is at home sitting on the couch eating cheetos and playing xbox...come on dude, if you gonan talk noise have some decent to back it up with!

Mine are watching the films of your team tonight. After getting home from practice.;)

catman
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by rundoe

However the real deadly weapon, her purse, I keep a close eye on. One good punch from that 30 pounder I might now be able to get up from. LOL:doh:

Those things scare the heck out of me too:eek: There's just no telling what they might have in there!

rundoe
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
It's kind of strange. I'm usually telling him to "hush" when he's yapping at the games. :D I guess he finally found his DL voice. ;)

She can't hit me when i post, different than the games. Besides, shes too busy texting to pay attention to me anymore.:p

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I despise posts like this!! I don't have a dog (or panther or buffalo) in this fight, but it makes me want to yell for the opposing team.

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :thinking: I had a top 10 list earlier in the season!! :weeping: I thought it was pretty funny, but my buddies over in Gp didn't think so. :D

GO PANTHERS!!!

rundoe
12-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :thinking: I had a top 10 list earlier in the season!! :weeping: I thought it was pretty funny, but my buddies over in Gp didn't think so. :D

GO PANTHERS!!!

Thanks Rm, You may despise 'em but it gives us something to do while waiting on Saturday. At least our kids are out ther working thir butts off getting ready for game, while we sit back and wait till Saturday!!!!!

Panthers Rule

Buffalos, well, what can i say, they eat grass, and Panthers eat them. It's a law of nature.

firstcat
12-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Panthers Rule

Buffalos, well, what can i say, they eat grass, and Panthers eat them. It's a law of nature. [/B][/QUOTE]

Excellent scientific observation there, Rundoe! As for Giddings' crowd being louder and more loyal...all I can add is they'd better bring their A-game, as should their players!

YOU DON'T WANT THE "OPC" TO CONSIDER THIS A FAN CHALLENGE!!!!!

buff4ever
12-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I am sure that this game for being in the cold at 1pm on a saturday is going to have a wonderful turnout. Fans from both sides and all around will come to see these to teams go at it. It has potential to be the most exciting 3a (or any class) game this week.

Of course both fans will be into the game, their teams are in the quarter finals for gosh sake. That is exciting for any team no matter how many times you get there. In 8 years this is our 4th time here. It doesn't get any less exciting. People come out of the wood works to watch these games, and see people that they know will be coming that normally don't.

Giddings always packs a pretty good crowd, that is what's neat about the town. No matter the season the crowd will be there, home or away. LH is probably somewhat similar. It doesn't seem like quite as many as giddings is used to seeing at theirs', but LH will be heard tomorrow I am sure.

I look forward to a great atmosphere and exciting game.

firstcat
12-08-2006, 03:08 PM
See, one buffalo tamed already!

Seriously, buff...I completely agree! LH Fans have become quite accustom to cheering in December, as have Giddings Fans....
Safe travel tomorrow, for your team & your fans...as you come to OUR HOUSE!!!

...and I almost got all the way through it.....
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

buffpride
12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Is it Saturday yet? What time do you think would be the best time to leave Giddings?

buffpride
12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
What time will the stadium open the gates?

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
Is it Saturday yet? What time do you think would be the best time to leave Giddings? You haven't left yet??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

buff4ever
12-08-2006, 03:16 PM
YOUR HOUSE? I have to say we were all pretty pleased that your coaches agreed to this site even though it is in your back yard. Ask RRISD who's house they think it is, they may even say it's ours. Last week they brought the pits from the home side to the giddings side to grill the sausages half way through the second quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a pit on both sides given the crowd they are expecting tomorrow.

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 03:17 PM
You haven't left yet??? :eek: :eek: :eek: ROFL!!

I can't wait!!! I'll be taking lots of pics of everyone's crowds!!

buffpride
12-08-2006, 03:17 PM
No but I wish I could!! Will be a little wierd sitting at home on a Friday night. Guess I will make the pep rally tonight, come home and listen to Wimberley/Hondo on TSRN.

By the way, I looked for you last Saturday, was there a M&G in Bryan?

rundoe
12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
It's kind of strange. I'm usually telling him to "hush" when he's yapping at the games. I guess he finally found his DL voice.

she does't say "hush" either. Thats waaaaayyyy to nice a way of putting it. She says something completely different at the games. lol

rundoe
12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
Is it Saturday yet? What time do you think would be the best time to leave Giddings?

I have been laying in the stands on 50 on the Home side since Monday saving places. some one bring me a sausage wrap please

buff4life
12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
mr rundoe...you need to stop runnin your mouth about the buffaloes eatin grass...they'll just keep eating up the yards on the grass and keep making that score go up...

just for reference i have stayed away from talkin crap...but when i constantly hear that it makes it hard not to....

BTW rundoe...i better hear "Who ya rootin' for" at the end of the game....you won't get nearly as loud of a response

GO BUFFS...BEWARE the STAMPEDE is coming!

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 06:25 PM
mr rundoe...you need to stop runnin your mouth about the buffaloes eatin grass...they'll just keep eating up the yards on the grass and keep making that score go up...

just for reference i have stayed away from talkin crap...but when i constantly hear that it makes it hard not to....

BTW rundoe...i better hear "Who ya rootin' for" at the end of the game....you won't get nearly as loud of a response

GO BUFFS...BEWARE the STAMPEDE is coming! Simba's father was killed in a stampede :(

charlesrixey
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Simba's father WAS killed in a stampede! Good Call, WR!

charlesrixey
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Then we know the rest of the story. Simba rised up and defeated his evil uncle to restore peace to the plains of Africa :) What a moving story.

Evil Uncle = Giddings
Simba = Liberty Hill

clemsmarina
12-08-2006, 07:17 PM

Lighten up Frances....

LHMom
12-10-2006, 11:13 AM

#1 reason LH won: Liberty Hill was better! :cheerl:

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 11:19 AM
1. Because they won't I CALLED IT!!!!

Daddy D 11
12-10-2006, 11:21 AM

"Who ya rootin' for" L H H S !

i bet he got a pretty loud response..but maybe not? everyone might have been cheering right after the win??? :confused:

gobbler grad
12-10-2006, 11:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by gobbler grad
I would hate to see 56...:eek:

could be longer than that...:thinking: