PDA

View Full Version : Vince vs. Hodge

Emerson1
12-07-2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg&eurl=

He brings ESPN down even further.

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 07:07 PM
i'm by no means on the VY bandwagon, but Hodge was a hack with steelers and he's a hack analyst. As for my take of VY....Romo's better.

stxfootballfan
12-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
i'm by no means on the VY bandwagon, but Hodge was a hack with steelers and he's a hack analyst. As for my take of VY....Romo's better.

Romo is good but hes also been in the league longer and plays on a way better team.

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
Romo is good but hes also been in the league longer and plays on a way better team.

Romo will always be a better QB. Not better athelete.

RMAC
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

:clap:

GreenMonster
12-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree that Hodge is a hack as an analyst. Hate his Hair Club for Men hairstyle too. Disagree with the comment of him being a hack with the Steelers though. Dude was a warrior that had about 50 concussions that killed his career.

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Hodge is a douche. I hate listening to him on tv

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
about 50 concussions that killed his career. may have something to do with why he sucks at ESPN.;)

neck_06
12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
hodge is an idiot.

htowntransplant
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
merril hodge is a complete idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiW2ci149dE

^^watch

it is funny how a career second-rate tailback is trying to critique rookie QB's. hodge is a crapshoot.

wooden bear
12-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
merril hodge is a complete idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiW2ci149dE

^^watch

it is funny how a career second-rate tailback is trying to critique rookie QB's. hodge is a crapshoot.

Lol and i suppose a washed up no body such as yourself is the one who should critique them huh? HA

htowntransplant
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
shut it. why do u have to single me out when there are others in here saying the same thing. u are very classy indeed.

wooden bear
12-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Well any other of the losers that think they know everything but know nothing at all. GET A CLUE

htowntransplant
12-08-2006, 12:35 AM
and you need to just get a life. you are the only one on this board that stirs up trouble. grow up.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 12:38 AM
I like how he throws out the word loser all the time in reference to people on the board but here we see him stirring up trouble every night. Does that make him a lsoer? He criticizes our opinons but never has any thoughts to back up his own claims other than we are elitist on the board.

htowntransplant
12-08-2006, 12:41 AM
and calling me washed up is inaccurate at best, seeing as how im still in college and already have a job to be proud of.

wooden bear
12-08-2006, 12:44 AM
and calling me washed up is inaccurate at best, seeing as how im still in college and already have a job to be proud of.

I was talking football wise smart guy. You were saying how Hodge was a second rate NFL runnin back. Well my friend, thats a hlel of a lot better than what you are.

pirate4state
12-08-2006, 12:44 AM
:rolleyes: Cool it!!

htowntransplant
12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
lame comeback...

i never wanted to be a tailback, and i dont care if he is making hella more than i may ever make, but im not mad. im happy where im at and where im going.

wooden bear
12-08-2006, 12:49 AM
lame comeback...

i never wanted to be a tailback, and i dont care if he is making hella more than i may ever make, but im not mad. im happy where im at and where im going.

Good, just saying why can he not have an opinion and you can? Thats all im wondering. I could be wrong but im pretty sure his opinion has a little more reasoning behind it rather than Vy is from texas and thats why hes good.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Good, just saying why can he not have an opinion and you can? Thats all im wondering. I could be wrong but im pretty sure his opinion has a little more reasoning behind it rather than Vy is from texas and thats why hes good.

Give reasons why you think Bush was better? All you do is talk smack back it up, tell us why you think he was better or why he should have gotten the heisman over VY.

htowntransplant
12-08-2006, 12:52 AM
its not that...its that you single me out of all people when theres at least 3 others making equivalent arguments. plus, we have SOME reasoning for why we think merrill hoge is not the brightest match in the box. alot of what he has criticized vince young for has been proven wrong, and he is NOTORIOUS for criticizing vince young more than anyone that ive ever seen. time to go to bed for me...

stxfootballfan
12-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Vy is from texas and thats why hes good.

That statement would be true

wooden bear
12-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Give reasons why you think Bush was better? All you do is talk smack back it up, tell us why you think he was better or why he should have gotten the heisman over VY.

This was from my other post. HEre you go big guy.

WOW man, WOW. One game huh? Well here you go moron. Against ND, 163 yards rushing 3td's. Against Arizona115 yards rushing. Arkansas- 125 rushing 1td, 70 yards rec. Arizona St 150+ yards 2td's. UCLA 262 rushing 2td's. Fresno st302 rushing 2td's, 135 rec yards. Thats not even counting in his PR yards. Learn what the hell your talking about man come on. Reggie was in a star studded back field, you cant just load up and try to stop him he only got hte ball 13 freakin times in the game and had 82 yards rushing, IDK about you but thats not shutting anyone down.

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Hodge is still a douche. I like how people are using my words :)

BTEXDAD
12-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Romo will always be a better QB. Not better athelete.

Romo IS a better QB, not a better athlete.

Leave out the "will always." It's ridiculous to say that at this point in their careers, and this is from a huge cowboy fan and a huge vy fan.

BTEXDAD
12-08-2006, 09:33 AM
This was from my other post. HEre you go big guy.

Lighten up a little, wooden bear. I know you're still upset about Cuero losing, but that's no reason to get all testy with these other people.

Maroon87
12-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Back on topic...Hodge just dug himself a hole and doesn't want to admit it, IMO. There were quite a few others that said the same thing as him that have at least had the intelligence to stay quiet and not continue to deny that Vince is pretty good after all.

JR2004
12-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Well Hoge is WAY wrong on this one and so are a lot of other "experts"...Eventually he'll shut-up and realize that the best QUARTERBACK in the draft this year was Vince Young. Why the guy hates Vince so much is completely beyond me, but it's making him look very foolish. Even the experts with the most negative opinions of Vince before the draft and season have warmed up to him.

While he was an okay running back with the Steelers, I actually do like listening to him and Jaws on NFL Matchup. They do a great job breaking down film for the average fan to help them get a better understanding of what they're watching when they tune into a game. When Hoge isn't making insane statements like he has about Vince, he's actually worth listening to. I really enjoy listening to Jaworski. He's one of the best in the business in my opinion and he seems like he really, really enjoys what he's doing for a living!

GreenMonster
12-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well Hoge is WAY wrong on this one and so are a lot of other "experts"...Eventually he'll shut-up and realize that the best QUARTERBACK in the draft this year was Vince Young. Why the guy hates Vince so much is completely beyond me, but it's making him look very foolish. Even the experts with the most negative opinions of Vince before the draft and season have warmed up to him.

While he was an okay running back with the Steelers, I actually do like listening to him and Jaws on NFL Matchup. They do a great job breaking down film for the average fan to help them get a better understanding of what they're watching when they tune into a game. When Hoge isn't making insane statements like he has about Vince, he's actually worth listening to. I really enjoy listening to Jaworski. He's one of the best in the business in my opinion and he seems like he really, really enjoys what he's doing for a living!

Jaws is the SHIZZZZZZZZLE! He could easily be a coordinator in the league if he didn't love his job at ESPN so much. Hodgie is a hack that's getting carried by Jaws. Sure he can break down a defensive front and talk about running the football all day but Jaws chews him up and spits him out on a regular basis because Jaws can break down the entire defense and scheme not just what the front 7 are doing. Hodgie probably gets all his info from Jaws anyway. He's too much into the pretty boy role to actually put in the film time that it takes to be half as informed as Jaws is.