PDA

View Full Version : Does La Grange have a good chance...

leopards03
11-04-2002, 07:31 PM
La Grange has proven that they can play ball since the opening lost to yoakum they have made key changes on defense and i think has one of the best defenses in the region...What does everyone else thing bout LG.

BURNETBULLDOG66
11-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know how Josh Johnson is doing for La Grange? He played for Burnet last year and he is the best linebacker to ever walk through Burnet and he is a senior this year and supposed to be playing at La Grange. I was just wondering cause we were teammates last year?

Bulldog Class of '02

Pudlugger
11-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Josh Johnson #22 is one of our top players on defense. He is definately going to get noticed during the play-offs. See my post under "who are the top linebackers in 3A" earlier today. As for does La Grange have a chance? You bet they do. It is going to take a very tough team to stop the Leps in their third run for State this year. :cool:

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

punt
11-04-2002, 09:07 PM
LaGrange seems to peak at the right time every year. With JJ added to the team they are very strong. There are several strong teams in Reg 3, like Bellville, Jasper, Newton and Marlin and several others. Just depends on how things shake out and who goes to Div I and who is in Div 2. Should be some good games after the first round and the weaker ones are eliminated.

eye of the tiger
11-04-2002, 09:07 PM
La Grange is a good playoff team. I dont think there is any way to count the Leopards out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Hey if you are looking for a team that can stop the Leps, you dont have to go far, just up 159 to Bellville. The Brahmas had no problem with the Leps last year, If my memory is right it was Bellville 31, La grange 7, and even if you want to talk about the facemask on the QB, that was not intended.Hell if it was'nt for the penalties on Bellville the Leps would have not even reached the endzone. Bellville is a all around better team than last year. Both Bellville and La Grange won 12 games last year the Brahmas had 28 letterman return, 5-5 starters. La Grange had 12 letterman return, 5-3 starters. Each team had a starter move in. If it comes down to a rematch the numbers would be in favor of Bellville. Cant wait!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Hey if you are looking for a team that can stop the Leps, you dont have to go far, just up 159 to Bellville. The Brahmas had no problem with the Leps last year, If my memory is right it was Bellville 31, La grange 7, and even if you want to talk about the facemask on the QB, that was not intended.Hell if it was'nt for the penalties on Bellville the Leps would have not even reached the endzone. Bellville is a all around better team than last year. Both Bellville and La Grange won 12 games last year the Brahmas had 28 letterman return, 5-5 starters. La Grange had 12 letterman return, 5-3 starters. Each team had a starter move in. If it comes down to a rematch the numbers would be in favor of Bellville. Cant wait!

leopards03
11-04-2002, 09:59 PM
I will give the game last year yall played one hell of a game...this year it may be a little different La Grange has really stepped up against teams they were suppose to get whooped by...did yall beat elgin?...cant remember just wondering...

eye of the tiger
11-04-2002, 10:32 PM
Last year La Grange made it to the final game and almost won it for a repeat. Belville may have beaten them in the regular season, but come playoff time, the Leopards got tough. I just dont think you can count them out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 10:49 PM
I knew it would'nt take you long but I knew it was coming, you know we lost to Elgin by 7. We didnt get the breaks, we didnt play a good game. With the right play calling we would have won that one!
Now there is our one loss, tell me, the Leps were rated #4 in the state at the begining of the season what you are saying is that the Leps sould only lose to the teams above them right? Tell me did the Leps lose to Yoakum in the first game. Yoakum was not even in the top 30. If I recall the Leps lost that one by 14 or was it more?

leopards03
11-04-2002, 10:56 PM
First of all i wasnt being sarcastic when i ask you if yall lost to elgin...i really didnt remember...second of all we did lose to yoakum...yoakum pretty good team...we werent ready...third dont count LG out of anything...cause you will be surprise what they will show you and as far as Bellville there district is pretty weak...Sealy there only challenge and i think Sealy will pull it off this week by 7..

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: leopards03 ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 11:10 PM
La Grange might have made it to the title game in D2, but you all know D1 was very tough last year, while La Grange was whiping up on the 2nd and 3rd place teams Bellville had to play Distict champs, Burnet, Bandera, and Sinton. In the Quarterfinal game you were still playing a 3rd place team Wimberley. We had to play the 1st place team out of the same distict in the first playoff game.
You put La Grange in D1 and see how far they get!

Pudlugger
11-04-2002, 11:35 PM
Hey, I say bring it on Bellville. Too bad all the self promotion of your team won't make a bit of difference once the game is played on the field. By the way, as I recall it was the facemasking of Anderle taking him all the way to the ground while he was turning the corner on an option play that kept him from scoring. We didn't need penalties to score, just a quarterback without a sprained neck.
But hey that was last year and this is a new season and new team. A play-off game in a neutral site would be great. If Bellville loses next Friday we will meet in the first round unless Columbus pulls it out in Navasota(not likely). :cool:

wildcat834
11-05-2002, 12:18 AM
LaGrange has a pretty good team, But Bellville would destroy them. Last year was no fluke!!!

2001GiddingsLB
11-05-2002, 12:31 AM
I think LG had a decent squad but they pale in comparison to the team from 2 years ago and last years team. Also Bellville had a good team last year and had a good 12-0 run, but as far as weak teams go that La Grange faced they faced Giddings who lost 2 games both to La Grange one by a field goal the other by a touchdown and Giddings won 13 straight thats 1 more than Bellville and beat 3 top 10 teams in Cameron, Rice, and Newton. So don't say La Grange didn't play anybody they can play some ball and seem to always get the breaks when it counts. secondly, I recall Giddings soundly whipping Bellville last year in a scrimmage something like 5 touchdowns to 0 as far as 1st team offense vs. 1st team defense goes. I think LG will go 3 rounds but that is all. I hope they prove me wrong I always like to see central texas represented well in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-05-2002, 09:17 AM
wildcat834:
LaGrange has a pretty good team, But Bellville would destroy them. Last year was no fluke!!!Fluke or not that was last year. This team is better than alot of folks realize, especially if they haven't watched them play. I have observed closely from day one of practice the past three seasons and am quite familar with the three La Grange teams from 2000, 2001, and 2002. Each of these teams had unique strengths and cannot be compared easily. One thing LG has going for it is that they have not allowed injuries and illness problems to stop them. When we played Bellville we were minus our all district tackle, out for 6 games with a ruptured appendix the night before that almost killed him. Our other tackle missed three play-off games due to eligibility. None the less, LG went on from the Bellville setback to win the next two district games and went unscored on in the first three play-off games despite not having these two tackles (I might add that the two guys who filled in are starters this year and were honerable mention all district after starting in only 3 district games last year). When LG has had adversity historically they have not lost their balance. This is because all three teams have cohesiveness and the will to win, which creates depth when needed. In 2000 when our 350 lb all district tackle was out with an ACL for 8 weeks a 165 lb back-up OL, Chase Cole, stepped in and played out of his mind all the way to the state final game. Several posters familiar with recent La Grange teams, such as Eye of the Tiger, understand these intangibles and do not underestimate our team. Bellville posters are rightfully proud of their accomplishments, but if the Brahmas play the Leps in the play-offs they best not take this team lightly. Last year's score doesn't help them now. This team is way better than most people realize, heck the guys on the team don't realize how good they are. They just want to keep getting better from one game to the next. Hubris (the blindness from pride, for those of you from Bellville) has been the downfall of many great play-off teams. La Grange has heart, not hubris. :cool:

oldbuff78
11-05-2002, 03:16 PM
I think it will be interesting for LG as well as Bellville in Region 3. This region is loaded with excellent teams. Good luck to both teams!!!!!

leopards03
11-05-2002, 09:23 PM
I think it would be a pretty good game between Lg and bellville...bellville beat them last year but its a different year...i think bellville running back is one of the best in the district has power and runs...LG has an good defense...but if it all comes down to it we will see what happens thats only if Navasota beats columbus what will mostly likely happen...