PDA

View Full Version : ESPN still loves USC :)

Phil C
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Vince Yound led who from behind. :)

2006 Texas 41, USC 38 -- Vince Young rushed for 200 yards and passed for 267 more in leading the TROJANS back from a 38-26 deficit with 6:42 left in the game by scoring two rushing touchdowns. The victory not only gave the Longhorns their first national title in 35 years, but also snapped USC's streak of consecutive wins at 34.

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
LINK!!! :mad:

Phil C
12-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
LINK!!! :mad:

Here you go! Hope it works. :)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=2620

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Here you go! Hope it works. :)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=2620

:thumbsup:

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I only voted for 3...but they were the 3 that I remember the best

the two Texas games and the OSU/Arizona St game. I remember many others but didn't think the game was that great.

Phil C
12-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I only voted for 3...but they were the 3 that I remember the best

the two Texas games and the OSU/Arizona St game. I remember many others but didn't think the game was that great.

I know what you mean. I also had to include the 1963 game between USC and Wisconsin. What a great comeback by Wisconsin. If Wisconsin had got that onside kick with a minute left they might have pulled it out. It is a shame this one isn't on ESPN classics for everyone to enjoy. It was a great game. But of course the two UT games had to be the top two for me.

Phil C
12-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I know what you mean. I also had to include the 1963 game between USC and Wisconsin. What a great comeback by Wisconsin. If Wisconsin had got that onside kick with a minute left they might have pulled it out. It is a shame this one isn't on ESPN classics for everyone to enjoy. It was a great game. But of course the two UT games had to be the top two for me.

In fact looking at the results it seems everyone so far agrees with my top 2 with UT vs USC no. 1 so far and UT vs Michigan No. 2. And as of right now they both have a hugh lead especially the UT vs USC as one would expect.

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/alltimeNCF/bracket?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

There is something else to vote for :)

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I think that the UT vs Michigan game was a better game than the NC game from last year but only by a little. They were both pretty awesome.

bandera7
12-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I dont know if anybody else noticed this, but after I voted I saw that the percentages did not add up at all...66% then 42% is already over 100, and they have so many more answers beneath it....so what is it out of 1000% then?

elgatonegro67
12-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I think that the UT vs Michigan game was a better game than the NC game from last year but only by a little. They were both pretty awesome.

what game are you talking about??? the rose bowl 2 years ago where texas won by 1 point??? lol if so it still hurts but it was one hell of a game

and not to piss anyone off buy on last years NC game did you all hear or see what came out on the news not that long ago(this year) how on some option play that young did his knee was down when he pitched it and they scored a td off of it.....usc challenged it but it wasnt over turned but they didnt catch it because the camera was plugged up wrong or something but when they finally got it going it showed his knee was down but they didnt see it till this year ....ill see if i can find the link

Phil C
12-08-2006, 09:36 AM
That was a missed call but it would have still been about second down and short yards to go or maybe even a first down if they had ruled him down. UT might have scored a td anyway but we will never know. Who knows if UT had scored the td it would have taken more time off the clock and maybe USC might not have got that last second field goal before the first half ended and Texas may have led 16 to 7 at the half instead of 16 to 10.

It is just like that last Everman td when we played them in the state championship game when the films showed that the Everman td on 4th down that put the game out of our reach was actually caught on a bounce and should have been incomplete. Our coach said and it applies above "Those are the breaks."