PDA

View Full Version : Help from the Dallas area. (nf)

chaingang
12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey, i just moved to Mesquite last week and was wondering if any of you live in that area could tell me where there is a good softball league to join.

I am living off of HWY 80 about 5 minutes from Forney.

By the way, I will stay a WOS fan, so no trying to convert me!!!!:D

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
My brother lives in Mesquite and has been playing softball for years in that area. I'll check with him and get back to you.

chaingang
12-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Cool, I would appreciate it.;)

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Welcome...you are close to me!! this is a good area to live

setxsports
12-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Hey, i just moved to Mesquite last week and was wondering if any of you live in that area could tell me where there is a good softball league to join.

I am living off of HWY 80 about 5 minutes from Forney.

By the way, I will stay a WOS fan, so no trying to convert me!!!!:D :D You left us.

chaingang
12-07-2006, 03:46 PM
:D not by choice

dogdad
12-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Chaingang,
if you come to just one Royse City game next season, you'll throw all your WOS duds away.

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Chaingang,
if you come to just one Royse City game next season, you'll throw all your WOS duds away.

You might find me at a few R/C games next season! ;)

DU_stud04
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
not softball, but baseball, i play/played in the zebos league in fortworth. kinda a trip from you, but weve been getting alot of talent out there, lot of college kids just lookin for fun, we had a few pitchers throwing low 90's last year.

chaingang
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Chaingang,

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :D

PurpleFreddy
12-07-2006, 04:33 PM
There is a big complex where Garland and Mesquite meet off Galloway/Oates, to the east. Technically, the Carter Complex is for the Garland Adult Softball Association, but it is practically in Mesquite.

crzyjournalist03
12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
There is a big complex where Garland and Mesquite meet off Galloway/Oates, to the east. Technically, the Carter Complex is for the Garland Adult Softball Association, but it is practically in Mesquite.

Yeah, when I was in Forney, that's where I played softball...you might want to talk to 3afan...I'm sure he's got plenty of information about softball leagues in the area!

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
There is a big complex where Garland and Mesquite meet off Galloway/Oates, to the east. Technically, the Carter Complex is for the Garland Adult Softball Association, but it is practically in Mesquite. Never heard of Carter????? The one off of Oates is Audoban(sp?). Played there several times. Then there is Travis williams in Mesquite. Lots of good comp. at the one in Garland. Mesquite ain't bad either. You can also look into Rowlett or Rockwall. I've played at them all. Even Forney is buildning a complex in the future. What class do you play in and do you normally play ASA or USSSA?

Where abouts off of 80? Maybe you could come to a Forney game next year. Oh yeah welcome to the Metromess.

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Yeah, when I was in Forney, that's where I played softball...you might want to talk to 3afan...I'm sure he's got plenty of information about softball leagues in the area!

ahh...good point. Yeah I would definitely talk to 3afan.

chaingang
12-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I normally play U trip (USSSA).

I live in the apartments called........Mission Ranch (had to think about it). I believe you exit Galoway from 80. Ill be moving in Sunday. If anyone would like to help me with the area, It would be much appreciated.:D Even though I am from WOS:eek: :p .

So i need to holla at 3A fan???

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM

I live in the apartments called........Mission Ranch (had to think about it). I believe you exit Galoway from 80. Ill be moving in Sunday. If anyone would like to help me with the area, It would be much appreciated.:D Even though I am from WOS:eek: :p .

So i need to holla at 3A fan??? I know exactly where your at. Get on the city of Mesquite website and it should have instructions on how to get signed up. I believe Mesquite is USSSA. I've been in the area my whole life so if you need help navigating or want to know the hotspots let me know.

chaingang
12-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I know exactly where your at. Get on the city of Mesquite website and it should have instructions on how to get signed up. I believe Mesquite is USSSA. I've been in the area my whole life so if you need help navigating or want to know the hotspots let me know.

Thanks man. I was hopeing someone on here had a team with an opening. Kind of hard to get on a good team when no one knows you.;)

I mostly play class B/C.

chaingang
12-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I know exactly where your at. Get on the city of Mesquite website and it should have instructions on how to get signed up. I believe Mesquite is USSSA. I've been in the area my whole life so if you need help navigating or want to know the hotspots let me know.

Well the apartment is temporary, I got to drive through Forney yesterday and it reminded me of Orange. I wouldnt mind finding a house there. Im still not converting though!!:p

crzyjournalist03
12-07-2006, 06:29 PM

So i need to holla at 3A fan???

yeah...he's umpired all kinds of leagues! I'm sure he can help!

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
:D not by choice
They ran you off? :D

chaingang
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They ran you off? :D

Yeah, out of town!:D

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 07:01 PM