PDA

View Full Version : All District 3-3A

tigerbyheart
12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_fb_high_school/article/0,1874,ABIL_8001_5196161,00.html

Here is the All District 3-3A from the Abilene Reporter News!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Congrats to all who made the list! (I thought they didn't put these out until all teams in the district were done playing).

Wow - For Snyder, 5 Seniors (mostly defense), 5 Juniors, and 2 Soph! 1 Junior made 1st Team offense and defense! Great Job Tigers!

Black_Magic
12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Congrats to all who made the list! (I thought they didn't put these out until all teams in the district were done playing).

Wow - For Snyder, 5 Seniors (mostly defense), 5 Juniors, and 2 Soph! 1 Junior made 1st Team offense and defense! Great Job Tigers! Snyder was very young this year. only 2 sometimes 3 Seniors started on Offense. 4 Seinors started on Defense. I think they had a good season regardless of how young snyder was. Snyder has the Entire back field back and all but two lineman on O. Most of the secondary and Linebackers are back. Snyder loses three D linemen. I didnt think the all district teams were realeased until the season ends for the district.

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 11:23 AM
congrats to everyone i know how good it feels to make those list to know that someone was watching you

44INAROW
12-07-2006, 11:29 AM
congrats to all :clap: :clap:

tigerbyheart
12-07-2006, 11:30 AM
I didn't think they were released until everyone in the district was through playing, but the Abilene Reporter released them...
Maybe someone needs to inform them that Greenwood is still playing...

Go RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GWOOD
12-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I didnt think the all district teams were realeased until the season ends for the district.

Was the practice for many years but it happened last year for a few districts in football, basketball, and baseball. Don't know if was intentional or accident or what but it has happened several times in the past year.

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Congrats to all on the list. Great Job!

Snydertigersrul
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Was the practice for many years but it happened last year for a few districts in football, basketball, and baseball. Don't know if was intentional or accident or what but it has happened several times in the past year.

GWood, you are corrent. The all-district list should not be published until all district teams are eliminated from the playoffs. Most newspapers know that. There is no excuse for the Abilene paper to do that. I would expect that they won't get any more advance copies of the all-district teams from 3-3A in the future.

Black & Gold
12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Pretty good picks in my opinion.

pero chato
12-07-2006, 03:04 PM
So can a player not make the district team and then make the state team based on his playoff performance?

And btw, congrats to all on the list.

Snydertigersrul
12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
So can a player not make the district team and then make the state team based on his playoff performance?

Depends on the team. Coaches have no vote on all-state teams. The AP team is based on the regular season. The Texas Sports Writers Association is based on the entire season and again coaches have no vote on selections.

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by pero chato

I wouldn't think so!

wildstangs
12-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Snyder will be my early early pick to win Region 1 Divison II next year.