PDA

View Full Version : Brownsboro Unstoppable?

kenco13
12-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Reprinted from the Tyler Morning Telegraph!

http://www.zwire.com/site/printerFriendly.cfm?brd=1994&dept_id=374749&newsid=17561042

WOW, wonder how Celina will ever stop Ricco? :thinking:

BROWNSBORO'S RICHARDS A HOME RUN THREAT
By BRETT HONE, Staff Writer

BROWNSBORO - It could happen on the opening kickoff. It could be on second-and-short or third-and-long. First quarter or fourth.

Look away when Brownsboro has the football and you might miss Ricco Richards.

The speedy senior tailback represents the Bears' most dangerous offensive weapon, scoring 25 touchdowns in nine games this season. That mark includes 11 scores in three postseason appearances. For Richards, it isn't about whether he will break free.

It's how often.

"When I get out there, I want to break it on every run or every time I catch the ball," Richards said. "I put a lot of pressure on myself to do that but usually once I'm in a game, I realize I should just get what I can get and then go to the next play."

Don't let Richards, who runs the 40 in 4.36 seconds, fool you with talk of patience. Just when opponents think they have him bottled up, he turns the corner and is gone.

The Bears will need him to continue his prolific production in this week's Class 3A Division II state quarterfinal meeting with Celina. The game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Friday at Texas Stadium in Irving.

As a focal point of the offense, Richards has produced in almost every must-win game for the Bears this season.

After missing the first four games for disciplinary reasons - and excluding games against Rains and Canton - the senior has dominated opponents, usually in the second half.

He did it against Van in a game many people thought would decide the District 14-3A title, catching a 24-yard pass from Jordan Magee and rushing for a 27-yard score in the second half.

Richards had 219 yards and four touchdowns in the Bears' final district game of the season against Athens, helping Brownsboro clinch a league championship en route to the playoffs.

Then he completely took over a close contest against Atlanta in the area playoffs.

"He's just so talented that you can take him for granted sometimes," Bears coach John Settle said. "He's our game breaker and knows how to score.

"We go in each week and try and get him the ball enough times because eventually he will break a big play. He's done it all through the playoffs. It's just a matter of time."

With Brownsboro trailing Atlanta, 22-21, going into the fourth quarter, Richards exploded for three touchdowns in about six minutes to propel the Bears into the next round.

First he took a screen pass 84 yards to regain the lead. Then he capitalized on a Rabbits turnover with a 46-yard scoring run. For the exclamation point, he sprinted 79 yards for his fifth touchdown of the game, scoring each time he touched the ball in the final quarter.

"Starting out that game with two fumbles in the first quarter, I told myself I needed to step it up," Richards said. "My offensive line, fullback, quarterback and everybody blocked great like they have all season and I was able to make big plays."

Richards continued the barrage against Pilot Point. In the Region II semifinal, he broke loose for a 45-yard touchdown in the first half and finished with 162 yards and three scores in the game.

Now Richards is focused on the next challenge, Celina, which he fully expects to be the favorite to win.

"We love being the underdog because people don't believe in us and we get to prove them wrong," Richards said. "We are excited about playing in Texas Stadium but mostly we want a piece of Celina.

"Texas Stadium is going to be fun but we will get the fame and glory from beating Celina."

Just remember, keep your eyes on No. 2.

Brett Hone covers Sports. He can be reached at 903.596.6292. e-mail: sports@tylerpaper.com

tree8400
12-07-2006, 08:46 AM
now put up the stats that celina running backs qbs had against PP and we will see who dominated them. I am not a celina fan but give me a break 4 Teams PP this year they where not that good.

BobcatBenny
12-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Honestly, that article should be kept on the 1A down low.

This is 3A football. :D

Fletch
12-07-2006, 09:17 AM
He won't enjoy having Shane Sheffield inside his jersey on every play. He may break one or two, but that won't beat Celina.:D

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Now before all you Celina folk jump on this....remember two things....brownsboro didn't write the article and this kid is 17-18 yrs old.

kenco13
12-07-2006, 09:27 AM
What I liked most about it was those last two quotes from Ricco! Sounds like he isn't worried about Celina in the least. Say hello to the 10-1 Ricco. I've seen it in action, it's a beautiful sight to behold unless you're on Offence against it. :confused: :helpme:
LOL Kenco13

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 09:34 AM
stupid article written by someone in TYLER.

Also, everyone that plays Brownsboro gets into a 10-1 look when they are in their double tight sets. You have to do that. Good luck staying in the 10-1 when BBoro spreads it out though. You cant do that.

Adidas4I0s
12-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by kenco13
What I liked most about it was those last two quotes from Ricco! Sounds like he isn't worried about Celina in the least. Say hello to the 10-1 Ricco. I've seen it in action, it's a beautiful sight to behold unless you're on Offence against it. :confused: :helpme:
LOL Kenco13

Yeah...I remember seeing the 10-1 in all of it's glory against Garrison a few years back...sure was a pretty sight as Garrison ran all over the place! ;)

tree8400
12-07-2006, 09:38 AM
yes they can they did it against Robinson, Frisco, Prosper, they can do it and they will do it. Like i said before i hope someone does beat celina i just don't see it this week.

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by tree8400
yes they can they did it against Robinson, Frisco, Prosper, they can do it and they will do it. Like i said before i hope someone does beat celina i just don't see it this week.

yes they did what?

tree8400
12-07-2006, 09:40 AM
played in there 10-1

luvhoops34
12-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Kenco!! Good to see you over here on the downlow!:D

kenco13
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas4I0s
Yeah...I remember seeing the 10-1 in all of it's glory against Garrison a few years back...sure was a pretty sight as Garrison ran all over the place! ;)

I'm sorry, didn't Celina win that game?:thinking: :) The 10-1 has been improved and perfected over the years.:clap:

turbostud
12-07-2006, 10:40 AM
We had a team go to a 10-1 set against our super fast back this year and he absolutley destroyed them on the outside. I was on the sideline and was just amazed that a RB could do that to a defense in a 10-1. You better have speed in your secondary if you go to a 10-1.
If Celina stopped McNeal I see no reason why they wont stop Richards. For his sake he better hope those quotes dont make it back to the Celina D but I am sure they already have.

kenco13
12-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Kenco!! Good to see you over here on the downlow!:D

Pleasure is all mine!:) Just thought I'd drop by and stir the pot!:rolleyes: LOL Kenco13

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
We had a team go to a 10-1 set against our super fast back this year and he absolutley destroyed them on the outside. I was on the sideline and was just amazed that a RB could do that to a defense in a 10-1. You better have speed in your secondary if you go to a 10-1.
If Celina stopped McNeal I see no reason why they wont stop Richards. For his sake he better hope those quotes dont make it back to the Celina D but I am sure they already have.

Celina is good at what they do. Its hard to compare stopping McNeal to stopping Richards though because of the two different style of offenses. Madision tries to spread it out and Brownsboro is going to run an airforce style of offense!

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Celina doesn't care who you throw at them or what style of offense they run. They remind me of Burnet a few years back. No weaknesses.

turbostud
12-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Didnt Prosper throw some weird offensive sets at them this year?

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I think canton tried the same to no avail. Celina is too good to be fooled by trickery.

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
For his sake he better hope those quotes dont make it back to the Celina D but I am sure they already have.

You know it Baby!!!!!

WildTexan
12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Prosper ran offensive sets similar to what Canton did last week....they put guys almost anywhere and had lots of motion and then when the ball was snapped, they got shelled...they had one good drive with all the deception, then the defense adjusted and boom, if I am not mistaken, Prosper had almost zero offense in the 2nd have....

BB in a run offense while Madison was spread out? Madison was a pro-style and Iback offense aimed at getting McNeil loose....how did that work out for them?

If BB plays an air force style option type game, they will be in for a long night...I doubt they have seen a front 7 on defense like Celina has this year....they don't always have this caliber upfront, but this year they do....backed up by an all-state FS, so not a bad backup plan....

and that reference to the Garrison game and them running all over the place on us....it was the FINALS....both teams are supposed to be good....but give me the WIN anyday over claiming years later "well at least we ran all over them"....

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by kenco13
I'm sorry, didn't Celina win that game?:thinking: :) The 10-1 has been improved and perfected over the years.:clap:

They most certainly did...and the 10-1 was torched by the Garrison offense too! It sure wasnt too beautiful that night...

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan

BB in a run offense while Madison was spread out? Madison was a pro-style and Iback offense aimed at getting McNeil loose....how did that work out for them?

you can spread people out and still be in an I set. It's still considered spreading people out when you have twins open 2 back sets like Madison does. You don't have to be in 1 back shotgun to be running the spread offense

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 12:24 PM
ahh...nevermind...i like people who take their time to do things right...

WildTexan
12-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Madison did not RUN a spread offense....they rarely passed out of it and when they did the QB was not very accurate....he hit 2 good passes all night....they spread some guys around the field, but not all that often....and your assertion was "how will Celina handle it when they spread guys out?"....I think Celina handled it to the tune of one of the top backs in the State getting 22 yards for the night.....so I'd say 10-1 against the spread was a success....(although to be honest most folks call about any defense Celina is in 10-1, when in fact they ain't really in it unless it is called for)

ALL defenses can be attacked.....and ALL offenses can be contained enough to win....check with Gilmer for confirmation on that.....NO ONE thought they could lose this year....you as a coach should know, the key is not what happens on a few drives, it is the sum total of the results for the night....we watched Priinceton drive down the field early on us in the spread, and they got a score out of it.....then the adjustments were made and the shelling began.....we watched Wakeland do a very good job out of the spread, then same story - adjustments and the bombers flew....

We have not seen BB play, so we can not guarantee to be able to shut down Ricco, but I can guarantee you anything they do that works will have adjustments applied to stop it....and then we will see at the end of the night how that applies to the scoreboard, which is the only place that matters when the horn sounds.....

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Madison did not RUN a spread offense....they rarely passed out of it and when they did the QB was not very accurate....he hit 2 good passes all night....they spread some guys around the field, but not all that often....and your assertion was "how will Celina handle it when they spread guys out?"....I think Celina handled it to the tune of one of the top backs in the State getting 22 yards for the night.....so I'd say 10-1 against the spread was a success....(although to be honest most folks call about any defense Celina is in 10-1, when in fact they ain't really in it unless it is called for)

ALL defenses can be attacked.....and ALL offenses can be contained enough to win....check with Gilmer for confirmation on that.....NO ONE thought they could lose this year....you as a coach should know, the key is not what happens on a few drives, it is the sum total of the results for the night....we watched Priinceton drive down the field early on us in the spread, and they got a score out of it.....then the adjustments were made and the shelling began.....we watched Wakeland do a very good job out of the spread, then same story - adjustments and the bombers flew....

We have not seen BB play, so we can not guarantee to be able to shut down Ricco, but I can guarantee you anything they do that works will have adjustments applied to stop it....and then we will see at the end of the night how that applies to the scoreboard, which is the only place that matters when the horn sounds.....

I broadcast the Madison vs Celina game and Madison spent most of the game in shotgun with 4 wide. You cant compare what they did to what Brownsboro will do because IMO Madison did not do a good job establishing Shawnbry early enough.

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
oh....wildtexan....so what you are saying is...and correct me if I'm wrong... in order to run the spread offense you have to pass the ball and be good at the passing game?

rundoe
12-07-2006, 12:30 PM
can someone send out a streaming link for this game, i want to listen.

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
The goal of the Spread offense is to make the defense spread the field and take advantages of mismatches both up front and out wide. You dont have to be a team that passes the ball a certain high percentage in order to be considered running the spread. You don't have to be in shotgun to run the spread. You can run the spread with a TE.

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
The goal of the Spread offense is to make the defense spread the field and take advantages of mismatches both up front and out wide. You dont have to be a team that passes the ball a certain high percentage in order to be considered running the spread. You don't have to be in shotgun to run the spread. You can run the spread with a TE.

just ask Texas and A&M! ;)

WildTexan
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
in order to make the spread offense work, at least against Celina, you best be able to hit some passes out of it....or else the corners will shut off the outside lanes....the inside game is already handled by the quality defensive front Celina plays....so just spreading guys out has not worked all year, but the temas that can connect on some passes out of that formation have had some limited success....

I think the Madison game was a clear illustration.....spread guys as wide as you want, but even as fast as McNeil was, he could not clear the corner very often since our DBs were waiting for him mostly ignoring the pass.....if the DBs had to cover first, then watch for the run, it could have been different....

Canton did a good job spreading out....I gotta give it to them - they had some really odd sets all over the place....but they aimed almost everything at the little back, so as long as he was covered all the other guys spread around were on no consequence....Butch is awful good at figuring that type stuff out.....

but alas, the outcome of this game is not about my opinion or yours....it is about how Celina contains Ricco, and how Ricco does against Celina's defense, and then how does BB stop Celina when they have the ball.....I'm just bankin on the past results to figure on makin plans to go west next week for another game....

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 01:37 PM
IMO it doesn't matter who you throw in front of Celina's D. They play great team defense with no weakness. The coaching staff has shaped and molded them into a finely tuned machine. The DB are fast and the front 7 is a brick wall.

I want to see Celina and SLC play.:eek:

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I want to see Celina and SLC play.:eek:

:doh:

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I sure do like Ricco's comments about getting a piece of Celina and then Getting the glory and fame of beating Celina in Texas Stadium. Gotta love to share that this afternoon with a few of the fellas. :evilgrin: :evillol: :flaming:

Fletch
12-07-2006, 02:11 PM
If BB wins, it will be someone other than Ratso, er Ricco doing the damage. Very few, if any, players that Butch keys on have a successful night. Remember Qwan Cosby from Mart?

The Purvey kid from Gainesville was the last to really hurt Celina, and he was helped by Brown the QB. Burnet with Shipley and McGee couldn't beat them either.

Should be interesting.:thinking:

charlesrixey
12-07-2006, 02:22 PM
good to see you kenco! (and friends)

in the gainesville game in 2003, our offense was too reliant on a pounding running game and our defense was probably softest since the early 90's (not a knock, just a reality with a lot of youth and inexperience).

This is one of our better defenses in our thirteen year run.

I wish the best for the Brownsboro team, but for them to win this game they are going to have to have success spreading the ball around---Ricco can't do it by himself.

Celina will be prepared

go Bobcats!

charlesrixey
12-07-2006, 02:23 PM
by the way, when was the last time celina lost in texas stadium? I thought so!

Don't think they will this week either

turbostud
12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Looking ahead, IF Celina and Wimberley both make it to the final it will be last years 2a champ vs. last years 3a champ. That would be a great game to see.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
4.36 sec. in the 40 ??? HIGHLY unlikely.

icu812
12-07-2006, 02:44 PM
IMO it doesn't matter who you throw in front of Celina's D. They play great team defense with no weakness. The coaching staff has shaped and molded them into a finely tuned machine. The DB are fast and the front 7 is a brick wall.

The 10-1 is great but all defensive schemes have areas of weekness. The 10-1 makes more sense to me at high school level than any other defense. There isn't a better D against the run and lots of pressure on the qb. If Celina runs it the way I think they do you need 5 guys that can cover man to man; 2 corners, a safety and 2 LB's head up on TE. It would seem to me the weakness would be an offense that came out in an empty backfield with 2 TE's and 3 WR's. I think that would force the safety to cover man to man. It would be hard to contain a stud qb with only the DE if everybody else was in man coverage downfield. But....if yours are not better than theirs your in trouble.

turbostud
12-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
4.36 sec. in the 40 ??? HIGHLY unlikely.
You gotta love hand timed 40's.

"Studying tapes of sprinter Ben Johnson's world-record breaking 1988 100 meter dash (which was later annulled due to Johnson's steroid use), however, show that Johnson ran the 60 m in 6.37 seconds, this is considered the most quickly started race ever run [3]. Nonetheless, Johnson "only" covered the first 40 yards in 4.38 seconds. It is highly doubtful that any football player could run 40 yards faster than a world-class sprinter in spikes on a track, casting doubts on many claimed 40 yard times"

WildTexan
12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
an empty backfield with no blocking assistance to keep your QB from getting pounded would be very rough on another team with Celina's rushers coming.....that QB better be able to unload in about 2-3 seconds, in which case I'm betting the Celina DBs can cover almost any receivers for 2-3 seconds.....

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 03:26 PM
an empty backfield with no blocking assistance to keep your QB from getting pounded would be very rough on another team with Celina's rushers coming.....that QB better be able to unload in about 2-3 seconds, in which case I'm betting the Celina DBs can cover almost any receivers for 2-3 seconds.....

I think you just need to go ahead and say that you feel that Celina's defense is perfect! ;)

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think you just need to go ahead and say that you feel that Celina's defense is perfect! ;) well they're about as close as you can get IMO of course. I mean someone tell where the soft spot is. Coaching in second to none. The D line can penetrate any OL. The LB flow to the ball and the DB's cover the pass and give run support better than any one. You can't run inside or outside on them and don't dare throw the ball. Honestly I'm thinking BB won't go any where on offense.

icu812
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM

BB has a good o line (2 that will play college ball over 300lb's) that has been giving their qb time to throw (he a decent runner as well). Also two all state kids (#2 & #11) who can fly and their other receiver ain't bad. I think it will be a good game. I really think it depends how well the BB qb plays.

kaorder1999
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by icu812
BB has a good o line (2 that will play college ball over 300lb's) that has been giving their qb time to throw (he a decent runner as well). Also two all state kids (#2 & #11) who can fly and their other receiver ain't bad. I think it will be a good game. I really think it depends how well the BB qb plays.

11 is impressive

icu812
12-07-2006, 04:58 PM
1-A and 1-AA Prospects:
Lonnie Edwards OT, 6\'5\", 310, 5.2
Oran Lewis OG, 6\'0\", 310, 5.0
Ricco Richards, RB/REC, 5\'11\", 165,4.4
Logan Bryan, REC, 6\'3\", 175, 4.7
Jordan Magee, QB, 6\'0\", 175, 4.7

This info may be a little dated I don't know.

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 05:32 PM
AND lost.

OldNavy
12-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
can someone send out a streaming link for this game, i want to listen.

I think the game will be broadcast on KXEZ Radio, FM 92.1. Pretty sure they have an internet stream of their programing.

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I broadcast the Madison vs Celina game and Madison spent most of the game in shotgun with 4 wide. You cant compare what they did to what Brownsboro will do because IMO Madison did not do a good job establishing Shawnbry early enough.

There was a reason for that. They only had 15 plays. Bboro had
better stop the Celina O or they will be facing the same issues.

Fletch
12-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by icu812

I think both have good D's and it will boil down to which QB plays the best. If neither can stop the other's running game then it won't matter, but the team that is behind better be able to throw to open up the run. If Davis is having trouble then Elliott will go to Prosser, or even Lynn.

Fletch
12-07-2006, 05:41 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah...I remember seeing the 10-1 in all of it's glory against Garrison a few years back...sure was a pretty sight as Garrison ran all over the place!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND lost.

And had the ball twice late in the 4th quarter and couldn't make a 1st down.

bobcat74
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Some food for thought...

Who's the better team?
(11-1) Madison or (10-3) Brownsboro :thinking:

and saying BB is still playing doesn't mean anything. So far they haven't played anybody. All three playoff wins have come against teams w/a combined 17 LOSSES!!:eek:

At first, I wasn't gonna even go to this one! But after all this ESPN-like over-hype, I might just go!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 05:55 PM
I think it comes down to mistakes and Celina has a better D for
creating havoc and errors. Bboro has a history of laying the ball
on the turf. They will make too many mistakes and Celina will capitalize.

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat74
Some food for thought...

Who's the better team?
(11-1) Madison or (10-3) Brownsboro :thinking:

and saying BB is still playing doesn't mean anything. So far they haven't played anybody. All three playoff wins have come against teams w/a combined 17 LOSSES!!:eek:

At first, I wasn't gonna even go to this one! But after all this ESPN-like over-hype, I might just go!!

Ratings wise Madison is better than Bboro. However Bboro is more inconsistent and can play a little more up and down. Probably better discipline on the defensive side of the ball. I had originally picked the game at 35 14. But if Bboro is a little of its game it could be a blowout. If Bboro plays a little above themselves and Celina is not ready it could be a close one.

BILLYFRED0000
12-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Ratings wise Madison is better than Bboro. However Bboro is more inconsistent and can play a little more up and down. Probably better discipline on the defensive side of the ball. I had originally picked the game at 35 14. But if Bboro is a little of its game it could be a blowout. If Bboro plays a little above themselves and Celina is not ready it could be a close one.

That is what is troubling about therer Team. They played pretty
good but lost to Canton. Kind of a Jeckle and Hyde team. We have had a couple of down games but are more consitent. After
watching practice Monday and Tuesday I think we will be more up for this game than we were for Canton.

CelinaCatFan
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
I too am looking forward to this game...

It will be interesting to see how Richards plays against Celina's D. Celina does have a pretty good record against good running backs from East Texas. The defense held up pretty well against Ganaway land both running backs from OPP last year. They also have stopped the running games of Madison and Canton the last 2 weeks. There is something to be said for team fundamentals and technique.

I know Brownsboro has very good size on the OL/DL and it will certainly be more physical this week. I'll tell you one thing...If Jaime gets a chance to make a big block on a return this week, it will certainly draw a reaction from the crowd and raise a few eyebrows. You want to talk about physical :eek: !

BobcatBenny
12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Honestly, that article should be kept on the 1A down low.

This is 3A football. :D

Here is the bottom line.

In 1A a single kid makes a big difference and can make a season.

In 2A a single kid makes some difference and might save a game or two.

In 3A a single kid gets stomped down if there is not anyone else to take the heat off of him.

Matthew328
12-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Celina does put a lot of pressure on the QB, a key play for Brownsboro could be flaring Richards out of the backfield and try to get him the ball in space..

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Yep that could be 6.........for us. We do like to break on the ball. We will know more tomorrow night about 10:00pm.

LH Panther Mom
12-07-2006, 08:22 PM
They remind me of Burnet a few years back. No weaknesses.
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Celina does put a lot of pressure on the QB, a key play for Brownsboro could be flaring Richards out of the backfield and try to get him the ball in space..

Originally posted by bobcat1
Yep that could be 6.........for us. We do like to break on the ball. We will know more tomorrow night about 10:00pm.

You see Matt, there is nothing that anyone can do that Celina can't stop. I have no idea why the game is even being played.:rolleyes:

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
They remind me of Burnet a few years back. No weaknesses.

They had a weakness, they had no running game and their OL wasn't all that great. Gainesville had a 160Lb DE that Burnet couldn't stop.

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I love how fans of a team who have NOT seen their opponent can assume what they will and wont do agianst them

Rabbit'93
12-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
They had a weakness, they had no running game and their OL wasn't all that great. Gainesville had a 160Lb DE that Burnet couldn't stop. Are you talking about the same Burnet team I am. I swear that team could've beat the Kansas City Chiefs. Celina is just as good if not better than that Burnet team. :cool:

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Are you talking about the same Burnet team I am. I swear that team could've beat the Kansas City Chiefs. Celina is just as good if not better than that Burnet team. :cool:

Sorry, I think I was thinking of BurneTT. I do remember the Burnet team you're talking about and they could of beaten the KC Cheifs.

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 09:36 PM
HS, Would you be happy if we all said "the end is near we don't know anything about them. From what we've heard they are going to beat us and that Ricco kid is going to run all over us and that line is going to dominate us" Oh Mighty HS whatever will we do. Why don't you go find another team to hate on. We will lose someday. I personally don't think it will be Friday. I bet you were one of the many that said for 60 weeks they are gonna lose and then when Celina lost to Daingerfield you Jumped up and said "Told ya so". Go hate somewhere else. Your tirade has far surpassed it's time.

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 09:46 PM
HS, Would you be happy if we all said "the end is near we don't know anything about them. From what we've heard they are going to beat us and that Ricco kid is going to run all over us and that line is going to dominate us" Oh Mighty HS whatever will we do. Why don't you go find another team to hate on. We will lose someday. I personally don't think it will be Friday. I bet you were one of the many that said for 60 weeks they are gonna lose and then when Celina lost to Daingerfield you Jumped up and said "Told ya so". Go hate somewhere else. Your tirade has far surpassed it's time.

Go show me where I said anything bad about the football program at Celina. It's arrogant fans like you who've done nothing in the past to help Celina get to where they are and move there and act like they know everything about Celina and act like they had a big hand helping Celina become the team they've been the last 10 years.

Besides, I thought you said you was thru with me. I guess you lied.

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 09:53 PM
^ More diatribe from a bitter unforgiving man.. Tsk Tsk

Show me one place where I said I helped get them anywhere. I am brand new to there and I am in awe of their program. Come sit beside me at the game Friday. I think you will leave with a much better understanding of me.

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Come sit beside me at the game Friday. I think you will leave with a much better understanding of me.

No thanks

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 09:56 PM
I didn't think you had 'em to swang!

Hansum Stranger
12-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I didn't think you had 'em to swang!

Are you saying that you want to play with something of mine? Sorry I don't swing your way.

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Are you that illiterate. Seriously I am through with you. I gotta get to bed. We(Celina) have a big game tomorrow. I bet you can stay up late though. You won't be in a rush tomorrow to get anywhere, right? :D :p

Unless it is the gym........

Hansum Stranger
12-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Are you that illiterate. Seriously I am through with you. I gotta get to bed. We(Celina) have a big game tomorrow. I bet you can stay up late though. You won't be in a rush tomorrow to get anywhere, right? :D :p

Unless it is the gym........

Matter of fact I'll be going thru Celina today. Wonder how many classy people I'll talk to today over there, probably not to many.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2006, 12:48 PM
No thanks

You ought to. We have a great time. Old Bobcat can be awful funny during a game.

BILLYFRED0000
12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Matter of fact I'll be going thru Celina today. Wonder how many classy people I'll talk to today over there, probably not to many.

Well that will depend on the number of people you attempt to engage. Cause everyone you talk to will have class.