PDA

View Full Version : six inches in front of your face

coach
12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
im watching ANY GIVING SUNDAY and i love the speech al pacino gives what is your favorite speech on a movie and explain why please

kaorder1999
12-06-2006, 05:15 PM
i just couldn't get into that movie....I guess the fact that they changed Texas Stadium so much for the movie kicked my butt. Look how low the lights are hanging overhead...you couldn't even punt in there

coach
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
lol i know you watching this mocie on fx right now?

Blastoderm55
12-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Azrael's "Evil is an Abstract" rant from a deleted scene in Dogma.

Background: Bethany and Co are held captive by Azrael and his henchmen as he explains his plans to unmake existance. Azrael explains his stance as a pacifist former Muse who was banished to Hell after the battle between God and Lucifer.

Azrael
"Human, have you ever been to Hell? I think not. Did you know once Hell was nothing more than the absense of God, and if you'd ever been in His presense, then you'd realize that was punishment enough. But then your kind came along, and made it so much worse."

Bethany
"Humans aren't capable of 1/100th the evil a ******* demon like you is."
<spits on Azrael>

Azrael
"Evil...is an ABSTRACT! Its a human construct. But true to his irresponsible nature, man won't own up to being its engineer, so he blames his dark deeds, on my ilk. But its not enough to shadow his own existance, no. He turned Hell into a suffering pit.

And why?

Because it is beyond your abilities to simply make personal recompense for the sins you commit. No, you choose rather to create a psycho-drama, and dwell in a fallice belief that God could never forgive your grievous offenses.

So you bring your guilt, and your inney decay, WITH YOU, to Hell, where the horrid imaginations of so many gluttons for punishment gave birth to the sickness that has infected the abyss since the first one of your kind arrived there...begging to be punished!

And in doing so...they've transformed the cold and solitude...to pain and misery! I've spent eons...privvy to the flames, inhaling the decay...hearing the wale of the damned. I know...what effect...such horrors have...ON THE DELICATE PSYCHE OF AN ANGELIC BEING.!

<tosses gun to henchman>

I'd rather not exist than go back to that."

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

Background: Bethany and Co are held captive by Azrael and his henchmen as he explains his plans to unmake existance. Azrael explains his stance as a pacifist former Muse who was banished to Hell after the battle between God and Lucifer.

Azrael
"Human, have you ever been to Hell? I think not. Did you know once Hell was nothing more than the absense of God, and if you'd ever been in His presense, then you'd realize that was punishment enough. But then your kind came along, and made it so much worse."

Bethany
<spits on Azrael>

Azrael
"Evil...is an ABSTRACT! Its a human construct. But true to his irresponsible nature, man won't own up to being its engineer, so he blames his dark deeds, on my ilk. But its not enough to shadow his own existance, no. He turned Hell into a suffering pit.

And why?

Because it is beyond your abilities to simply make personal recompense for the sins you commit. No, you choose rather to create a psycho-drama, and dwell in a fallice belief that God could never forgive your grievous offenses.

So you bring your guilt, and your inney decay, WITH YOU, to Hell, where the horrid imaginations of so many gluttons for punishment gave birth to the sickness that has infected the abyss since the first one of your kind arrived there...begging to be punished!

And in doing so...they've transformed the cold and solitude...to pain and misery! I've spent eons...privvy to the flames, inhaling the decay...hearing the wale of the damned. I know...what effect...such horrors have...ON THE DELICATE PSYCHE OF AN ANGELIC BEING.!

<tosses gun to henchman>

Haha thats crazy because I was really bored last night put in Dogma (the re-released one that Kevin Smith changed a few things) and watched it at like 3 oclock this morning. Awesome movie.

Blastoderm55
12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Haha thats crazy because I was really bored last night put in Dogma (the re-released one that Kevin Smith changed a few things) and watched it at like 3 oclock this morning. Awesome movie.

Awesome! I'm glad others have an appreciation for the flick. The scene in question was available exclusively online until he added it to the Special Edition DVD. Hopefully I'll upgrade my version one of these days. :p

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I think I'm going to name my first born Azrael or Loki.

injuredinmelee
12-06-2006, 06:03 PM
My favorite Movie scene of all time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27gx80UVVXc)

How many times have you felt like this at a fast food place?

eagles_victory
12-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by coach
im watching ANY GIVING SUNDAY and i love the speech al pacino gives what is your favorite speech on a movie and explain why please hmm i remember someone else talking about that speech the other day :thinking:

halfnhalf
12-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I watched that movie today on FX, a good one.

GreenGobbla
12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
My favorite Movie scene of all time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27gx80UVVXc)

How many times have you felt like this at a fast food place?

wonder what the kid was going to say?

injuredinmelee
12-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
wonder what the kid was going to say?
If I remember correctly his dad makes him put his arm down. I think that is what happens. been a while since I have seen the flick. The ex wife took it cause she knew it would piss me off.

pirate4state
12-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

Azrael

Bethany
<spits on Azrael>

Azrael

And why?

<tosses gun to henchman>

:clap: :clap:

I like Bartleby's rant in the parking garage!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: