PDA

View Full Version : UT's 2007 Football Schedule :(

Phil C
12-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Now that it is official who they play in the first game I will make a preliminary analysis. This is one brutal murderous schedule indeed and has me worried.

Sept 1 Arkansas State. Good grief. Don't they know how they feel about Texas there. This team is going to come here determined to prove their greatness. Don't let that 6 - 6 record fool you. And lest we forget that this year they beat Troy State on the road and Troy has been a good team in the past. What a bitter brutal start indeed. And it only gets worse.

Sept. 8 TCU. They have blake and a great team. Remember TCU upset us in 1961, 1959 and 1941. And now they have a great team. Scary times indeed.

Sept. 15 at Central Florida. Holy Lord! Who came up with this idea and on the road in Florida and playing in their brand new stadium. Knock knock! Hello Genius who scheduled this. You must have got your degree from a catalog. Good grief. This team has played good games against major schools and they have all this extra incentive. What a hugh mistake this is.

Sept. 22 Rice. I guess people forget that this team is improving every year especially with Major there. Don't forget Rice cost us a National Championship in 1962 with a tie and they will be fired up this year. We may have stepped on the hot coal on this one. Woe is me.

Sept. 29 Kansas State. No need for say much here. Remember 45 to 42. We got another gas stove pipe on this one.

Oct. 6 Oklahoma at Dallas. The Sooners are mad. We have beat them two in a row. They are going to be determined next year. They have endup up strong this year and are in a BCS Bowl game. They are upset about the last two loses. Very scary indeed.

Oct. 13 at Iowa State. What?! At Iowa State! Who now has one of our former coaches that know us and our tendencies. And the game in Iowa. They gave us trouble in Austin. Can you imagine the trouble they will give us over there. Whew!

Oct. 20 at Baylor. Baylor is always tough in Waco. This is scary indeed with Bill Bradley and his determined defensive team. They will be improved. Hard times for us indeed!

Oct. 27 Nebraska. Nebraska will be mad about us beating them this year and will be determined. That is most fearsome indeed.

Nov. 3 at Oklahoma State. What. They have almost beaten us twice in the past 3 years and will be mad and determined to get that ellusive marble this year and have a win. This worries me indeed.

Nov 10 Texas Tech. Very scary. Their QB has a great arm guided by unseen radars. They are mad about not getting the win in Lubbock this year so they will come to Austin determined. This makes one want to hide under the bed in great fear.

Nov. 17 at Texas A&M. Not much to be said here. It was 12 to 7 in Austin and next year the game is at College Station. This makes one want to hide out in a layer of red ants.

And this is just the regular season. This is the toughest and most brutal schedule in the country and most scary indeed.

:(

g$$
12-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Watch out for TCU, good team & hungry for respect. They beat Baylor & Tech this year, & OU last year. Look out.

And Todd Graham is the driving force behind Rice's resurgence. All due respect to Major (& a future HC), but that is Graham's show right now.

Texas A&M has road games next year vs. Miami, Mizzou, Tech, OU, & Nebraska. Miami will likely be much improved & we all know they have athletes. Tougher overall than UT's IMO.

Adidas410s
12-06-2006, 04:04 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

This one is far superior to your work in past years Phil. Congrats! :thumbsup:

g$$
12-06-2006, 04:07 PM
UT's is not the toughest schedule, but I imagine you said that tongue in cheek anyway.

Adidas410s
12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
UT's is not the toughest schedule, but I imagine you said that tongue in cheek anyway.

as is 97% of what he wrote! ;)

Phil C
12-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Watch out for TCU, good team & hungry for respect. They beat Baylor & Tech this year, & OU last year. Look out.

And Todd Graham is the driving force behind Rice's resurgence. All due respect to Major (& a future HC), but that is Graham's show right now.

Texas A&M has road games next year vs. Miami, Mizzou, Tech, OU, & Nebraska. Miami will likely be much improved & we all know they have athletes. Tougher overall than UT's IMO.

Indeed tough but what makes it not quite as tough as UT is that Miami will have a new coach and will be rebuilding. A definite plus for the Aggies.

Phil C
12-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Maybe someone will post the 2007 A&M Schedule here.

Phil C
12-06-2006, 04:25 PM
This is indeed the toughest schedule in the country next year. (UT's that is). And it don't look much better the next year but I will wait to comment on that.

g$$
12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Indeed tough but what makes it not quite as tough as UT is that Miami will have a new coach and will be rebuilding. A definite plus for the Aggies.

A&M's is tougher.

Texas road games:
Central Florida
OU (Dallas)
Iowa State
Baylor
Ok State
A&M

A&M road games:
Miami
Mizzou
Tech
OU
Nebraska

Not even close!

Phil C
12-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M's is tougher.

Texas road games:
Central Florida
OU (Dallas)
Iowa State
Baylor
Ok State
A&M

A&M road games:
Miami
Mizzou
Tech
OU
Nebraska

Not even close!

You have to look at all the games whether home or away. That is why I need the Aggie's schedule for next year. Remember two of UT's three losses this year were in Austin.

g$$
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
You have to look at all the games whether home or away. That is why I need the Aggie's schedule for next year. Remember two of UT's three losses this year were in Austin.

Texas had not lost a conference home game until A&M since 1999. Trust me Phil, A&M's OVERALL schedule is tougher. Road games are always the barometer when comparing schedules.

Texas does not play Ohio St. or any other "name" team next year out of conference.

Phil C
12-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas had not lost a conference home game until A&M since 1999. Trust me Phil, A&M's OVERALL schedule is tougher. Road games are always the barometer when comparing schedules.

Texas does not play Ohio St. or any other "name" team next year out of conference.

Those are the teams that can come out of the bushes and bite you.

g$$
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Best I can do, as it is not posted anywhere yet. Conference schedule is posted on the Big 12 site. There may be changes to come. Should be released soon.

In no order:

Non-conference:
Arkansas St.
Montana St.
Buffalo
Louisiana-Monroe
@ Miami
**one of the 1st 4 listed will not happen in 2007, Miami is a lock

Conference:
@ Tech
@ Mizzou
Kansas
Baylor
@ OU
@ Nebraska
OK State
Texas

Again, in no order except Texas is the last game of season of course.

Phil C
12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I see. I will wait to comment on it when we get the official which should be soon as you have mentioned.

injuredinmelee
12-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Best I can do, as it is not posted anywhere yet. Conference schedule is posted on the Big 12 site. There may be changes to come. Should be released soon.

In no order:

Non-conference:
Arkansas St.
Montana St.
Buffalo
Louisiana-Monroe
@ Miami

Conference:
@ Tech
@ Mizzou
Baylor
@ OU
@ Nebraska
OK State
Texas

Again, in no order except Texas is the last game of season of course.

wow alot of tough tough conference road games for yall.

stxfootballfan
12-07-2006, 01:35 PM
If A&m gets through that scedule they would have my vote for the NC game. Thats way too many tough road games.

DoeBrae
12-07-2006, 01:41 PM
You have too many non-conference games there and you forgot the Kansas game that A&M must play. Only get 4 non-conference games with 8 Big 12 games. Either way that is a brutal road conference schedule.

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 02:16 PM
A&M is bringing in 1-AA Montana St??? Are they crazy??? Fran needs to call up to Boulder and find out what happens the mighty Bobcats of Bozeman play a Big 12 team!!! :mad:

g$$
12-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DoeBrae
You have too many non-conference games there and you forgot the Kansas game that A&M must play. Only get 4 non-conference games with 8 Big 12 games. Either way that is a brutal road conference schedule.

The schedule has not been formally released yet. One of those non-conference games will not happen obviously.

But, I am POSITIVE we go to Miami, Tech, OU, Nebraska, & Mizzou. So the point is the same: tough schedule, esp. on road.

Phil C
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The schedule has not been formally released yet. One of those non-conference games will not happen obviously.

But, I am POSITIVE we go to Miami, Tech, OU, Nebraska, & Mizzou. So the point is the same: tough schedule, esp. on road.

Be encouraged g$$. I know it is a tough road game but Miami is in a transition stage with a new coach and everything. It is early in the season too. So the Aggies should win out then. The time to worry about Miami will be when you play them in 2008 even though they will be playing in College Station.

whtfbplaya
12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
G$$, Phil is messen with ya:D

RMAC
12-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Now that it is official who they play in the first game I will make a preliminary analysis. This is one brutal murderous schedule indeed and has me worried.

Sept 1 Arkansas State. Good grief. Don't they know how they feel about Texas there. This team is going to come here determined to prove their greatness. Don't let that 6 - 6 record fool you. And lest we forget that this year they beat Troy State on the road and Troy has been a good team in the past. What a bitter brutal start indeed. And it only gets worse.

Sept. 8 TCU. They have blake and a great team. Remember TCU upset us in 1961, 1959 and 1941. And now they have a great team. Scary times indeed.

Sept. 15 at Central Florida. Holy Lord! Who came up with this idea and on the road in Florida and playing in their brand new stadium. Knock knock! Hello Genius who scheduled this. You must have got your degree from a catalog. Good grief. This team has played good games against major schools and they have all this extra incentive. What a hugh mistake this is.

Sept. 22 Rice. I guess people forget that this team is improving every year especially with Major there. Don't forget Rice cost us a National Championship in 1962 with a tie and they will be fired up this year. We may have stepped on the hot coal on this one. Woe is me.

Sept. 29 Kansas State. No need for say much here. Remember 45 to 42. We got another gas stove pipe on this one.

Oct. 6 Oklahoma at Dallas. The Sooners are mad. We have beat them two in a row. They are going to be determined next year. They have endup up strong this year and are in a BCS Bowl game. They are upset about the last two loses. Very scary indeed.

Oct. 13 at Iowa State. What?! At Iowa State! Who now has one of our former coaches that know us and our tendencies. And the game in Iowa. They gave us trouble in Austin. Can you imagine the trouble they will give us over there. Whew!

Oct. 20 at Baylor. Baylor is always tough in Waco. This is scary indeed with Bill Bradley and his determined defensive team. They will be improved. Hard times for us indeed!

Oct. 27 Nebraska. Nebraska will be mad about us beating them this year and will be determined. That is most fearsome indeed.

Nov. 3 at Oklahoma State. What. They have almost beaten us twice in the past 3 years and will be mad and determined to get that ellusive marble this year and have a win. This worries me indeed.

Nov 10 Texas Tech. Very scary. Their QB has a great arm guided by unseen radars. They are mad about not getting the win in Lubbock this year so they will come to Austin determined. This makes one want to hide under the bed in great fear.

Nov. 17 at Texas A&M. Not much to be said here. It was 12 to 7 in Austin and next year the game is at College Station. This makes one want to hide out in a layer of red ants.

And this is just the regular season. This is the toughest and most brutal schedule in the country and most scary indeed.

:(

My favorite is def. the ATM one. "This makes one want to hide out in a layer of red ants." :clap: :clap: Thanks Phil. That made getting up at 1 today worth it.

g$$
12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
G$$, Phil is messen with ya:D

Oh, I know. We go back & forth with good info. No harm done!

Phil C
12-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
My favorite is def. the ATM one. "This makes one want to hide out in a layer of red ants." :clap: :clap: Thanks Phil. That made getting up at 1 today worth it.

I wonder if I should have said fire ants instead. :)

Phil C
12-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
If A&m gets through that scedule they would have my vote for the NC game. Thats way too many tough road games.

You are right there stx. If they got through that with a perfect record and won the Big 12 game they would deserve the NC game. But you know the BCS.

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M's is tougher.

Texas road games:
Central Florida
OU (Dallas)
Iowa State
Baylor
Ok State
A&M

A&M road games:
Miami
Mizzou
Tech
OU
Nebraska

Not even close!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

g$$
12-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So you agree or just like rolling your eyes? Might want to read that road schedule again fella. Not even close.

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 06:11 PM
BOW BEFORE THE GREATNESS OF THE 2007 LONGHORN FOOTBALL TEAM BOW

:D:D:D

g$$
12-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
BOW BEFORE THE GREATNESS OF THE 2007 LONGHORN FOOTBALL TEAM BOW

:D:D:D

The one in the Alamo Bowl playing a 6-6 Iowa team? Oh wait, you said next year's team!

Is Fiesta, Texas open for Christmas? Just kidding folks.

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The one in the Alamo Bowl playing a 6-6 Iowa team? Oh wait, you said next year's team!

Is Fiesta, Texas open for Christmas? Just kidding folks. Hey don't hate on Fiesta Texas! It's cool, they have the Rattler and Superman oh and some other one that is fun that I can't think of the name. :)

g$$
12-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Hey don't hate on Fiesta Texas! It's cool, they have the Rattler and Superman oh and some other one that is fun that I can't think of the name. :)

You're right. Have not been in years but the Rattler was fun (only had single bar restraint then, not pull-over deal). Scared the heck out of me & then girlfriend, plus my parents.

Enjoy!