PDA

View Full Version : Celina/Canton Highlight video

bobcat1
12-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Orange Power (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=105526&catId=513)

WildTexan
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
My starring role in the film must have gotten left on the editing room floor.....after they paid me so much for the lead role, I am a bit confused over being left out....I was easy to spot - I was the guy there wearing some bright Orange.......

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Honestly, it seems like our offense is not quite as explosive as in years past--don't know why since the Bobcats are averaging 41 points a game.

Perhaps it is just the better play at the 3A level.....Anybody else notice this, or am i just imagining things?

They struggled against whitesboro, and the Frisco game was a lot closer until the fourth quarter.......

OldNavy
12-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Honestly, it seems like our offense is not quite as explosive as in years past--don't know why since the Bobcats are averaging 41 points a game.

Perhaps it is just the better play at the 3A level.....Anybody else notice this, or am i just imagining things?

They struggled against whitesboro, and the Frisco game was a lot closer until the fourth quarter.......

Celina's offense is geting 42 a game vs 50 last year and the D is giving up 7 a game vs 5 last year. I suspect better competition in 3A over 2A and a younger team this year might contribute. Just looking at their roster, a year of maturity could turn out well for them next year.

BobcatBenny
12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

It is easy to expain the Whitesboro game. The offense was slow in getting started against a team playing their last game of the season. They (Whitesboro) scored 3 points in the first half on a long field goal that hit the cross bar and bounced through with a 40 mile an hour wind at his back. And in the third quarter the defense lost track of the ball and the QB broke it for a touchdown. It happens, just like a single long pass in several of the other games.

Bottom line, defense won the game by holding Whitesboro to only 9 points.

The Frisco game is also easy to explain. It was not close.

And just to reasure you, I think that Coach Ford has yet to unleash the entire offense because he has not had to. I think he was ready to against Madison, but the game got out of hand really fast with some good offense early and some dominating defense.

I am realistic, I think Celina being such a small school has problems matching talent for talent with the bigger 3A schools, but Celina's coaching has not let them down yet.

Adjustments by coaching has been solid. And as long as coaching can make the adjustments, I think the kids keep winning.

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
good thoughts, thanks!

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 05:50 AM
n/m

bobcat1
12-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

And just to reasure you, I think that Coach Ford has yet to unleash the entire offense because he has not had to. I think he was ready to against Madison, but the game got out of hand really fast with some good offense early and some dominating defense.

I am realistic, I think Celina being such a small school has problems matching talent for talent with the bigger 3A schools, but Celina's coaching has not let them down yet.

Adjustments by coaching has been solid. And as long as coaching can make the adjustments, I think the kids keep winning.
Exactly! These coaches will have this team prepared to the best of their abilities. I don't think Celina will ever be out coached.

I also know the offense is still reined in a bit. I believe it is ready when needed. :D

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Celina is good!

LHPfactory
12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Looks like they will be tough to beat. They have what about 6 state titles under their belt?

mrescape43
12-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I thought Celina knew how to play football till I watched this video! J/K

The Bobcats look like a team that is going to be hard to beat!