PDA

View Full Version : Help!

g$$
12-06-2006, 01:00 PM
How do you quote just part of a post?

&

How do you quote parts of multiple posts to be inserted into my reply?

Thanks, all I know is just the simple quote function.

Adidas410s
12-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
How do you quote just part of a post?

You hit the quote button like normal...and then highlight and delete out what you don't want to see...similar to what I did in quoting you...

Adidas410s
12-06-2006, 01:07 PM
to quote multiple (more than 2) posts...it's most easily done by opening a 2nd browser window. I then click on the post I want to quote and then cut/paste that dialogue into the reply window that I have open in another browser. Then you repeat the process as needed. There are other ways to do it...but I think that one is probably the easiest.

If you just want to quote two posts...you can do it in 1 browser. I click the quote button on one of the posts...copy that "quoted" information and then go to the 2nd post and hit quote and then I paste in the copied information below it and then write my response to each quote below the appropriate quote.

AP Panther Fan
12-06-2006, 01:07 PM
the second part of your question is more tricky....go ahead Adidas.:D

Adidas410s
12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
the second part of your question is more tricky....go ahead Adidas.:D

I tried...it doesn't help that I can ramble to begin with...and that it's a detailed oriented process. If you need more help G$$ let me know and I can put together some screen shots on the 2nd part for ya.

g$$
12-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot & much appreciated. If I struggle with it, I will pm you Adidas. Thanks again.

(probably much easier to show someone than tell them huh?)

AP Panther Fan
12-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s If you just want to quote two posts...you can do it in 1 browser. I click the quote button on one of the posts...copy that "quoted" information and then go to the 2nd post and hit quote and then I paste in the copied information below it and then write my response to each quote below the appropriate quote.

See there, I never thought about doing it that way. I just always thought you needed to have that second browser open which sometimes makes multiple quotes more of a pain than they are worth. :thinking:

Both good explanations....and trust me, if I can get it....anyone can!:D