PDA

View Full Version : Same Girl..Same Story...

joshtrant
12-06-2006, 11:46 AM
recently on the dlow, i wrote a thread about my girlfriend breaking up with me after three years...well, truth be told, i went back to her a few weeks after...and it just so happens...same thing happened...she did it again!! this time, everytime i see a roof top or a bridge, i just want to jump off...i yet to walk into oncoming traffic...i need advice and need it now!!

Funk-d-fied
12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
your young, just stop, think, and move on. Life is full of ups and downs, nothing is worth thoughts like that.

eagles_victory
12-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by joshtrant
recently on the dlow, i wrote a thread about my girlfriend breaking up with me after three years...well, truth be told, i went back to her a few weeks after...and it just so happens...same thing happened...she did it again!! this time, everytime i see a roof top or a bridge, i just want to jump off...i yet to walk into oncoming traffic...i need advice and need it now!! that sucks but sounds like you need some serious help. No girl is worth this much grief

Ranger Mom
12-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by joshtrant
recently on the dlow, i wrote a thread about my girlfriend breaking up with me after three years...well, truth be told, i went back to her a few weeks after...and it just so happens...same thing happened...she did it again!! this time, everytime i see a roof top or a bridge, i just want to jump off...i yet to walk into oncoming traffic...i need advice and need it now!!

I'm sorry....but NOW you know she's not worth it.

Take a deep breath and move forward.

For your sake, I wish Decatur was still in the running so you would have THAT to concentrate on!!

Hang in there!!!!

Phil C
12-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Get another girl friend. There are others out there. Just be patient. Suicide is foolish because of what you will miss out. I need to do my lecture that I didn't get to do at the Kerrville Conference that I call What I would have missed out. Remember this - you will miss out on a lot of good things if you commit suicide.

pancho villa
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Forget her. There are a lot of fish in the sea. And remember variety is the spice of life.

Go Cuero
12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I know it doesn't seem like it now but you will get over it. Years from now you'll be looking back at this as a learning experience. Now it feels horrible and suicide is not the answer at all. This is not the end of the world or the end of your life even though it feels like it now. Find something to take your mind off it until you can get past it.

CenTexSports
12-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Go to a mall, airport, or a nearby college and sit and watch the young women that go by. There are thousands of them everywhere. It hurts losing one like pulling off a band aid but it only lasts as long as you let it. As long as you don't have children to force a need to stay or have made a lifetime commitment through marriage, go find another one. There are others that are prettier, smarter, more fun, better companions, or whatever you are looking for so don't sweat the loss of one that doesn't want to be there.

Don't get me wrong, once you have both made a commitment, you should do everything in your power to make it work but until then make it her loss not yours (I have been happily married for 5 years but we have been married for 28 years).

Ranger Mom
12-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
(I have been happily married for 5 years but we have been married for 28 years).

That was an awesome statement!!

(I hope it's been the last 5 years)!:thinking:

WildTexan
12-06-2006, 12:20 PM
dating is all about finding out if a person is right for you....dating is not about total devotion just because she hung out with you a while...this one was not right for you, so go find another one....that is the thrill of dating - women to date are a dime a dozen and can be found EVERYwhere, so just switch to a new one and try it again.....someday when you grow up and quit actin like such a girl, you will realize she probably did you a favor by dumping your whiney butt....

BTEXDAD
12-06-2006, 12:25 PM
The advice about going to mall just to look at girls is good. Let's you know how many are around and that's just in one little area!!!

The comment from centex is hilarious. Married 28 yrs, 5 happy.

It has been proven that married men live longer than single men(or at least it seems longer.)

pero chato
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
If you want revenge, date one of her friends.
If you want to move on (and I hope you do), date several that are hotter than her.

But the bottom line is time will heal this and it's not the end of the world for you, believe me, I'm "Mr. had his heart broken 4 times".

99IHSMustang
12-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I agree with everyone else and no person is worth taking your own lfe for. It will take some time, but you will get over her. Go hang out with friends and meet new girls. In my expereinces the best ones are those that don't want to get married and don't want to have kids.... :thumbsup: :D

BTEXDAD
12-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
If you want to move on (and I hope you do), date several that are hotter than her.

From the Sawyer Brown song:

Well I ain't first class
But I ain't white trash
I'm wild and a little crazy too
Some girls don't like boys like me
Aww but some girls do

I said some girls do
You know some girls do
Like boys like me
You know some girls do

sweetwater07
12-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Forget her. There are a lot of fish in the sea. And remember variety is the spice of life.

"spice of life"...niiiiice..i whole heartedly agree with that statement

g$$
12-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by pero chato

But the bottom line is time will heal this and it's not the end of the world for you, believe me, I'm "Mr. had his heart broken 4 times".

I like this one! Hey bud, you are young & the world is at your feet. Don't let some girl, who I am sure you cared for, ruin what lies in front of you. She will be in your rearview mirror before you know it. Hang in there & find you a hot one too! Life is too short.

AP Panther Fan
12-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Alot of good advice here. I think in addition to all of the above though, you need to get some professional help or maybe just guidance from a friend you can sit and talk with face to face.

Life is far too short anyway, just ask someone who is battling cancer or just lost a best friend in an accident.

Get some help and get things back into perspective. Good luck.

Johnnypaycheck
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
there isn't a woman alive that is worth killing yourself over. I was dumped in college by my "then fiance". I moved on, found an even better one, and have now been married almost 6 years, with a beautiful 2 and a half year old girl and another one on the way in March.

Life sucks right now for you, but trust me bud, it does get better!

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2006, 02:00 PM
i've had my fair share of heartbreak and it has never been pretty, for some reason girls always have the worst ways of breaking my heart, nonetheless I digress. I just look at myself in the mirror after every heartbreak and shake it off with some ESPN and a few drinks. I have learned that there is only one girl in the world that is worth giving up on life for and she is the one girl that will never leave you. I have met her yet in my life (or at least I dont think so) but I know shes out there and I will find her.

SINTON81
12-06-2006, 02:15 PM
If she left you now, she would have left you in the future. Count it as a blessing.

spiveyrat
12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Honey, if you keep going back with gals that stomp on your heart, you have no one to blame but yourself. You deserve better, so act like it!! AND don't threaten suicide cuz some girl did you wrong...hopefully that was a feeble attempt for attention, cuz shame on you!!!There are so many people with way worse tragic things in their lives, than being heartsick....be grateful you are alive to have had love in your live!!!! You have family that loves you, so take it and run!!! GROW UP!!

mustang04
12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
i could tell you what i've done to kinda keep from getting hurt like that cuz it happened pretty regularly to me....but, it's not a practice that i recommend :D

mustang04
12-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Honey, if you keep going back with gals that stomp on your heart, you have no one to blame but yourself. You deserve better, so act like it!! AND don't threaten suicide cuz some girl did you wrong...hopefully that was a feeble attempt for attention, cuz shame on you!!!There are so many people with way worse tragic things in their lives, than being heartsick....be grateful you are alive to have had love in your live!!!! You have family that loves you, so take it and run!!! GROW UP!!

hey yaya!!!! this guy sounds kinda like me about the whole girl situations, huh?

coach
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i could tell you what i've done to kinda keep from getting hurt like that cuz it happened pretty regularly to me....but, it's not a practice that i recommend :D

dink until you forget about it????lol

mustang04
12-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by coach
dink until you forget about it????lol

well that can be included...but it more or less has to do w/ girls

and i'm out:cool:

Darren
12-06-2006, 05:40 PM
We are very close to Mexico. It's a great place for a single guy to blow off some steam. Get a couple of buddies together make a trip to Boy's town have some fun and move on.

This will work for some....but won't work for all.

Bandera YaYa
12-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Darren
We are very close to Mexico. It's a great place for a single guy to blow off some steam. Get a couple of buddies together make a trip to Boy's town have some fun and move on.

This will work for some....but won't work for all. EWWWWWWWWWWW...don't do this or you will have other issues to deal with!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWW :eek:

Honestly, just chalk it up to experience and learn from it and move on...life is great....you deserve someone who really cares for you. It'll happen.

piratebg
12-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Dude, there is plenty of fish in the sea. Take some time off and just hang out when the guys for a while. The, when you are ready, head out there and start meeting some new girls. Life isn't that bad. :)

mustang04
12-07-2006, 01:02 PM
DO NOT blow off the steam in mexico...unless you blow steam off a different way than i do...cuz if you do it how i do, blowing it off in mexico might make one of your extremities rot off....and no i'm not talking about arms or legs:D

Boosty_Hondo
12-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
DO NOT blow off the steam in mexico...unless you blow steam off a different way than i do...cuz if you do it how i do, blowing it off in mexico might make one of your extremities rot off....and no i'm not talking about arms or legs:D

lmao yes this is very true in mexico drink and nothing else lol