PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights on NBC

rb585
12-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Anybody besides me still watching this?

I thought every episode so far had been very good...but last night's...yeesh, it just seemed thrown together.

Can anybody explain why they were staying in a motel the night before a night game?

And whatever happened to Voodoo's family blowing the whistle on the recruitment?

Funk-d-fied
12-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I think they were in the hotel becuase it was an out of town game and the coaches wife convinced the other towns mayor to let them book a hotel to bring money into the town, I think they were just looking to show the financial aspect of the games somehow, it was kinda lame overall.

Go Cuero
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm still watching it too. I can't help it but I love that show.

I didn't understand the whole motel thing either. Must have just been something to put in the show to make it more Hollywood I guess.

I will have to say that Buddy actually did something I was proud of last night when he left the game to talk w/his daughter.

I think next week's episode w/Coach telling Matt he can't see his daughter will be good. And it looks like Lyla and the QB might get back together????

Adidas410s
12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah I watch every week...I haven't watched last night's episode yet. I'm planning to catch up on DVR tonight so I'll let you know. I believe the voodoo thing was taken care of a few weeks ago when the district executive committee cleared the school and they didn't have to forfiet their game. Remember where all of the kids were at the burger joint and they watched it on the TV?

Funk-d-fied
12-06-2006, 11:43 AM
That show is nothing like Permian and the book was.......

rb585
12-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah I watch every week...I haven't watched last night's episode yet. I'm planning to catch up on DVR tonight so I'll let you know. I believe the voodoo thing was taken care of a few weeks ago when the district executive committee cleared the school and they didn't have to forfiet their game. Remember where all of the kids were at the burger joint and they watched it on the TV?

Buddy got his friend on the exec committee to "take care of it," (that was the burger joint scene) but then later on, Voodoo's parents blew the whistle, and Buddy told the coach that it was now in the UIL's hands, and he couldn't help on that. Didn't that happen, or did I imagine that?

3afan
12-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

its not supposed to be like Permian .........

Go Cuero
12-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
the 2004 movie directed by Peter Berg was based directly on the book by Buzz Bissinger, was set in 1988 and followed the real-life Permian Panthers from Odessa, TX. The series, executive produced by Berg (who also directed the pilot) expands on the book and the movie thematically, but the series is set in the present day in the fictional town of Dillon, TX.

Got that from another message board.

44INAROW
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I have been watching it but haven't seen last night's show yet

tiger_94
12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I watch it. The new qb Matt Saracen is very entertaining.

sotxrat
12-06-2006, 12:34 PM
rb585 - you did not imagine it, i think i have watched everyone as well, it has not been mentioned again, maybe it will come up when it gets close to playoff time. it is decent entertainment but some of it is senseless (motel) but i watch it anyway.

KTJ
12-06-2006, 12:39 PM
I watch some episodes but I don't think it's that good.

I seem to be the only one though.

pirate4state
12-06-2006, 12:44 PM
I didn't understand the need to stay in a motel either. :confused: Is this town really that far away?? :thinking: Oh well. I like the show alot and the QB and the coaches daughter are hysterical to watch!! Members only jacket, INDEED!!!! ROFL! :D

rb585
12-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Saracen and Landry absolutely carried the show last night. Those are two great characters.

Everything else about last night's episode blew.

sotxrat
12-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I thought is was real funny when the coach (daddy) mentioned the members only jacket right away to QB.

LHMom
12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
I watch it and love it. Agree last night was not one of the strongest episodes. I love the relationship between the coach and his wife. And I can't help but love Riggins even though he's sort of a screw-up.

g$$
12-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
I thought is was real funny when the coach (daddy) mentioned the members only jacket right away to QB.

I liked it when the head coach offered the Saracen kid a beer while waiting on his daughter for the date. Coach said "I was kidding"!

My 2 nephews in Austin (ages 6 & 4) are in the 10th episode coming up soon. Just briefly in a church scene awaiting to be picked up after a game or something, but they each got paid $50 & fed a great bbq meal. My sister said most of the actors do not look like they do on the show (make-up, etc.). They had fun & lived the Hollywood dream I guess.

BU97
12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
I watch it and like it although I will not be surprised if it does not last. One of the things that I like is seeing the other schools and stadiums. I assume last night was Georgetown? We have already seen AMC, Westlake and another that I can't remember Where was last nights game shot?

I think that some of the things that the coach goes through is right on the $$ and some are over dramatized, although I really dont believe that guy as a head football coach at such a football powerhouse. He just doesnt work for me.

I wonder if anyone outside of Texas cares about the show at all, that is why I wonder if it will actually make it.

wildstangs
12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by rb585
Anybody besides me still watching this?

And whatever happened to Voodoo's family blowing the whistle on the recruitment?

I heard a blurb on one of the episodes that mentioned them forfeiting that game. Never said anything else about it. It is getting kinda lame - Last night I asked myself why I was still watching it. But it does have football in it, so what the heck.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I heard a blurb on one of the episodes that mentioned them forfeiting that game. Never said anything else about it. It is getting kinda lame - Last night I asked myself why I was still watching it. But it does have football in it, so what the heck.

They mention they forfeit the game during one of the "radio" broadcasts of the game

setxsports
12-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I thought last night's show was good.

Adidas4I0s
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
They mention they forfeit the game during one of the "radio" broadcasts of the game

Yeah...I picked up the answer to that last night because they said a win would get them back above a .500 winning percentage. They had played 4 games before that so that makes sense.

CHSWR07
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
what is the tail backs name i just went blank and its bothering me

Adidas410s
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
what is the tail backs name i just went blank and its bothering me

Smash Williams I think? I laughed at the story about his nickname they told Tuesday. He got it from his dad because he smashed his bike into a wall or something...