PDA

View Full Version : How a team can win all it's volleyball games! NF

Phil C
12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
It is very simple if teams do what I say. It works whether you play 15 point, 25 or 30 point games. If you do as I say you will win every time. It doesn't even matter if you have the first serve or not - it will work. And remember when you win your games you will win the matches.

When you are serving the ball you must get at least 2 points. This is called getting points on the serve. You must get at least 2 points. If you get more so much the better but get at least 2 points.

When your opponent is serving the ball you must not allow them to get more than 1 point per their serve. If they don't get any so much the better but I am not that strict and allow the one point but no more.

If you do these things you will win all your games. Good Luck and I hope this helps you to win games.

Coach Ara Phil.

Phil C
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
And always remember the servers must get the ball over the net to the other team's side in bounds. When you don't this is called a service error and they have no value at all. The other team gets the point with no work and they also get the side out and get the serve. Always have your servers practice where they can all get the ball over the net into the other team's side in bounds. Even if they return it and get the point they have had to work for it. Service errors are just free gifts. Avoid gifts.

:mad:

Coach Ara Phil

Phil C
12-10-2006, 09:47 AM
One thing I need to correct. There should be no more than one service error per game. I am not so strict because once in a while even the best olympic players do so but at the college level no more than one per game. Even if it occurs anyway with my system you will still win the games even at just 15 points.
One of the reasons UT lost to Stanford was service errors. In college one should practice serving even if you have to do so after practice. Even if the other team gets to set the ball up with a spike at least they have to earn it and you have a chance to block it. Service errors are gifts and are no good whatever.

Right now it is offseason for many volleball players so lets take about at least 15 minutes a day and practice serving.

Coach Ara Phil