PDA

View Full Version : Check this out WARNING:GRAPHIC PICS

Boosty_Hondo
12-06-2006, 04:56 AM
Ok well last night i went to the beach and i decided to take off my shoes. well i was walking and walking and then i stubbed y toe on something and didnt think of it. then i looked behind me and i noticed a trail of blood so i looked at my toe and well there was a peice of it missing . so i went to the ER to get stitches and they told me they couldnt give me them . and they sad they couldnt do anything till 6 in the morning ( i dont know why but they did) so i left and im not going back i wentand spent 5 bucks at walmart on Hydrogen Peroxide, gause, tape, and neosporen. so therefore i made myself my own doctor for 5 bucks alot cheaper then ER huh? wlel here is some pics. but if you get grossed out easily then dont look they are really gross

This is my toe before i cleaned it
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/boosty06/12-06-06_0014.jpg

This is my toe after
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/boosty06/12-06-06_0331.jpg

i figured the gash is about half an inch long and about 3 cm deep . and it doesnt hurt is the weird thing so ya well go ahead and comment on it lol

sahen
12-06-2006, 05:44 AM
if it starts smelling fishy then go to the doctor immediately.....there is really bad bacteria in the ocean and it can do some really bad stuff, even kill u....

Phil C
12-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Don't take foolish chances. Get a doctor to check it out.

CHS_CG
12-06-2006, 08:48 AM
I would go to the doctor ASAP.. you dont know what got into it and what could still be in there.. just bite the bullet and go to the doctor. better yet.. call and make an appointment and when they ask what you are coming in for tell them "well a piece of my toe came off last night" lol

jason
12-06-2006, 08:52 AM
a few summers ago at inks lake, i was wading through the water by the golf course, looking for golf balls, and i stepped on a nail...well, being the tough guy that i am (and there was a hot girl there), i didnt go to the emergency room, and when i got up in the morning, i could barely walk...but we were going to play golf, so i put on my tennis shoes and toughed out 9 holes, well, by the end of 9 holes, you could see the red infection making its way up my ankle....i ended up getting 5 shots in my backside in 3 days, and was on 2 different anti-biotics for 2 weeks...and that combo made my pee orange, it was pretty neat....long story short...go get it checked out haha...

luvhoops34
12-06-2006, 08:53 AM
GET YOUR ASS TO THE DOC IN THE BOX OR THE ER AND GET THAT STITCHED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

#1. The beach is a filfty place and there is all kinds of germs and bacteria. Haven't you ever heard of the flesh eating disesae that you get from salt water!!!!

#2. You need to be on antibiotics immediately!

#3. You are the prime example of why male children don't need to go away to college! LOL

#4. Send this picture to your parents and see what they tell you! LOL

#5. Keeps us informed of your progress.

#6. GO TO THE DOCTOR, NOW!!!

Funk-d-fied
12-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Be careful, that could get infected real quick, especially if you got cut by something on a beach....

Go Cuero
12-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I have to 2nd what everyone else said...go to the dr or back to the ER!! I can't believe they told you they couldn't do the stitches then and didn't say why..idiots. How long was it after you cut your toe? Last year when I had to take my son to the ER for stitches (what a long night that was!!) they kept asking what time his accident happened because they said you have to have the stitches in so many hours after you're cut. Never heard of that but I've never had stitches before.

And I just have to say ouch and gross!!!

44INAROW
12-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Ouch - x5 on a 2nd opinion on medical treatment.... Please be sure and keep it clean -

kaorder1999
12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
get it taken care of. An infection can lead to you losing that toe. That would suck!

Manck
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Eh, screw it. You've got nine other toes.

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Chop the toe off and get it over with :D

44INAROW
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Chop the toe off and get it over with :D

then we can call him "Stubbyhondo":D :D

Snyder_TigerFan
12-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I once worked with a guy that lost his big toe in an auger. He said that you'd be amazed at how much you use that toe for balance. I hope everything turns out alright. It looks like they cleaned it up pretty good in the ER.

Ranger Mom
12-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
then we can call him "Stubbyhondo":D :D

ROFL!!:D :D

Those chat "nicknames" seem to stick too!!

whtfbplaya
12-06-2006, 10:02 AM
It cant be sewed up there is nothing to sew. I had the same thing happen to my finger and they put sentetic sp skin in and then put tape on it. He did this three times and then it finally closed over. I still don't have a fingerprint 3 years later.

shankbear
12-06-2006, 10:02 AM
There is a lot of e coli in the water. Look out for the necrotizing fasciitis or flesh eating virus. It will not stop at your toe. It can kill you graveyard dead.

boba fett
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
ewwwwwwww.....GO SEE A DOCTOR DUDE!!!!!

WOS87
12-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Go Cuero
I can't believe they told you they couldn't do the stitches then and didn't say why..idiots.

I haven't worked in emergency medicine in several years but I do remember a few things from it. If a wound has been open longer than about 6-8 hours most docs will just leave it open because the longer it's open, the greater the chance of bacteria setting up camp there. The worst thing you can do is sew up a wound that's been open and exposed for a long period of time because when you do that you are sewing all of those germs into a warmer, more protected environment that they will grow even faster in, and you will almost guarantee yourself an even worse problem.

Coincidentally, I just read a good article on caring for wounds out in the wilderness a few days ago. It's at the following link:

Caring for Wounds in the Field (http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/glade75.html)

htowntransplant
12-06-2006, 11:35 AM
you never know what you will fall on/step on at the beach. i had a similar thing happen to me a few yrs ago. my brother, his friend, and i were throwing a ball around at the beach in the water. i dove to catch the ball and my knee landed on a jagged shell and cut at least 2 inches deep in my knee...and i bled alot obviously. this happened at galveston beach.

TxStBobcat
12-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Another reason they probably didnt sew it up was that it was swollen. I had about the same thing happen to me(metal baseball cleat took out a big chunk of my hand) and they had to give me 2 sets of stitches, one set on the inside, then another set later on to totally close the wound. Not very fun.

awizzy
12-06-2006, 01:08 PM
thats a nice little cut it doesnt hurt bc there probally not that many nerves down there but go look at that it could have been anythang that cut u like a rusted nail or somthing

DU_stud04
12-06-2006, 01:11 PM
be a man and cut your toe off..... that one dude who got his arm stuck under the bolder didnt let that stop him, dont let this toe stop you either..... cut it off.;) hahaha

duckbutter
12-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Go to your nearest feed store, buy a bottle of LA 200 and give yourself about 15 cc shot in the a$$. Might want to put a stick in your mouth to bite down on when you do it because it burns pretty bad. Do this for 5 days and if its not looking any better then lop it off. I have a set of cattle dehorners that will take it off so fast you'll never know what happened. It will bleed however, so I also recommend carterizing (sp) with liquid nitrogen, just dip your stump in and it's done. Pm me if you need to borrow the dehorners or I may be able to come do it for you this weekend if your close.

kaorder1999
12-06-2006, 05:22 PM
you can be like ole Ronnie Lott and say " I aint missing no games....cut the SOB off..."

mustang04
12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
be a man and cut your toe off..... that one dude who got his arm stuck under the bolder didnt let that stop him, dont let this toe stop you either..... cut it off.;) hahaha

hahahahaha...i agree...just chop it off

Adidas4I0s
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
Go to your nearest feed store, buy a bottle of LA 200 and give yourself about 15 cc shot in the a$$. Might want to put a stick in your mouth to bite down on when you do it because it burns pretty bad. Do this for 5 days and if its not looking any better then lop it off. I have a set of cattle dehorners that will take it off so fast you'll never know what happened. It will bleed however, so I also recommend carterizing (sp) with liquid nitrogen, just dip your stump in and it's done. Pm me if you need to borrow the dehorners or I may be able to come do it for you this weekend if your close.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Like Payton Manning says in his new commercial: "Just rub some dirt in it and walk it off."

Haha having taking some pathogenic microbiology classes I would concur with everyone else and you need to go to the doctor. What the hell did you stub it on?

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I once worked with a guy that lost his big toe in an auger. He said that you'd be amazed at how much you use that toe for balance. I hope everything turns out alright. It looks like they cleaned it up pretty good in the ER.

Yeah when I was about 3 my Grandpa cut his big toe off and half of the next one with a lawnmower and had to go to physical therepy for 6 months to learn to walk again.

luvhoops34
12-06-2006, 06:01 PM

Damm, I've heard of mixing LA200 in a coke and drinking it but injecting it??? That's rough!

htowntransplant
12-06-2006, 06:51 PM
did u try a butterfly bandage?

texas1969
12-06-2006, 08:07 PM
next victim.. your toe..lol

rundoe
12-06-2006, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shankbear
There is a lot of e coli in the water. Look out for the necrotizing fasciitis or flesh eating virus. It will not stop at your toe. It can kill you graveyard dead. [/QUOTE

Then we can call you "Graveyard Hondo".:devil:

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
Ok well last night i went to the beach and i decided to take off my shoes. well i was walking and walking and then i stubbed y toe on something and didnt think of it. then i looked behind me and i noticed a trail of blood so i looked at my toe and well there was a peice of it missing . so i went to the ER to get stitches and they told me they couldnt give me them . and they sad they couldnt do anything till 6 in the morning ( i dont know why but they did) so i left and im not going back i wentand spent 5 bucks at walmart on Hydrogen Peroxide, gause, tape, and neosporen. so therefore i made myself my own doctor for 5 bucks alot cheaper then ER huh? wlel here is some pics. but if you get grossed out easily then dont look they are really gross

This is my toe before i cleaned it
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/boosty06/12-06-06_0014.jpg

This is my toe after
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/boosty06/12-06-06_0331.jpg

i figured the gash is about half an inch long and about 3 cm deep . and it doesnt hurt is the weird thing so ya well go ahead and comment on it lol
Your toe doesn't look what I thought it would at all.:confused: ;)

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I just realized duckbutter that you don't post near enough... lol http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/inc.gif

shankbear
12-06-2006, 10:40 PM
A bottle of Patron might help. At least the pain will be better.

Lion92
12-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
A bottle of Patron might help. At least the pain will be better.

I agree, a bottle of Patron and a butterfly bandage and you will be good as new.

Scholar
12-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Put some leeches on it.

wooden bear
12-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Hey man thats pretty sweet, go to a docotor. You know i got a story for you. We wre at the beach for a weekend adn i woke up with a brand on my arm. Had to go clean it and bandage it for a while. They used a coat hanger and did it to me it was crazy. Id put a picutre but dont kno how.

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 05:05 AM
That sucks

wooden bear
12-07-2006, 05:10 AM
Yeah but it was fun