PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets

Bull's-eye
12-05-2006, 11:01 PM
The Rockets defeated Golden State 118-90, led by Tracy McGrady's 31 points and 7 assists. The Warriors found out that you can't mess with Texas. Last night, San Antonio defeated them by 40 points and tonight the Rockets win by 28. Houston is currently 12-5 and trail both the Spurs and Mavericks by a 1/2 game.

htowntransplant
12-06-2006, 12:45 AM
bonzi wells is still M.I.A.

im getting weary...

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 01:22 AM
The 3 teams from texas are the three best in the league--forget orlando

Bull's-eye
12-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
bonzi wells is still M.I.A.

im getting weary...

He's locked up in JVG's Doghouse. :confused:

g$$
12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
I am still skeptical. Beat bad & mediocre teams, struggle with good teams. Bonzi Wells still in doghouse, & he could help if in shape. T-Mac has moments but lacks killer instinct & drive at times to me (settles for jump shots too much). I hope they continue to improve & show me they can play with big boys.

And, Rockets do not match-up with Phoenix at all. Guess we'll see as it goes.

carter08
12-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Beat bad & mediocre teams, struggle with good teams.

Beat Dallas and Miami Back to back

g$$
12-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Beat Dallas and Miami Back to back

Yes, early in year (before Dallas ever won a game) & Miami has not been good all year (at least not yet). Only time will tell, but lots to prove. Still skeptical.

Bull's-eye
12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Just defeated the Cavaliers 81-63. Rockets have gone about .500 with the few decent teams in the league (4 of those losses were on the road). Rockets lost to San Antonio at home, but held a 19 point lead in that game. T-Mac has struggled most of the year shooting, but appeared to be shooting much better of late. If he can become the shooter he was in the 2005 playoffs, Rockets will be a major player come playoff time.

awizzy
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
the thing that worries me is the rockets 4 quarter play, or lack there of, how many games have the rockets been way up and let the team right back in it, they had the spurs beat but them back in it, if they get this undercontroll and play good the whole game watch out

g$$
12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Just defeated the Cavaliers 81-63. Rockets have gone about .500 with the few decent teams in the league (4 of those losses were on the road). Rockets lost to San Antonio at home, but held a 19 point lead in that game. T-Mac has struggled most of the year shooting, but appeared to be shooting much better of late. If he can become the shooter he was in the 2005 playoffs, Rockets will be a major player come playoff time.

Agreed, but lots of "ifs". T-Mac needs to go to the hole more IMO.

awizzy
12-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed, but lots of "ifs". T-Mac needs to go to the hole more IMO.

i agree with that tmac is to good off the dribble to settle for jump shots

big daddy russ
12-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Makes you wonder if he's 100%.

I think the Rockets have everything they need to be one of the elite teams in the NBA, they just have to prove they can hack it in May, June and July to make me a believer. When he's on, T-Mac is as unstoppable as Kobe. He's another Vince Carter, IMO. Spectacular athlete, can do just about anything with a basketball, but hasn't learned how to carry his team just yet.

Those bloodlines must run deep.

But seriously, Vince carried the US national team in 2000 and the Raptors the following year (that was the year of the Vince/Iverson showdown), but he was pissed off about something when he was doing all that. He let his hair get a little crazy, had a wild look in his eyes, all that stuff. Now he's back to being Vince and, unfortunately, his cousin is taking after him.

g$$
12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Makes you wonder if he's 100%.

I think the Rockets have everything they need to be one of the elite teams in the NBA, they just have to prove they can hack it in May, June and July to make me a believer. When he's on, T-Mac is as unstoppable as Kobe. He's another Vince Carter, IMO. Spectacular athlete, can do just about anything with a basketball, but hasn't learned how to carry his team just yet.

Those bloodlines must run deep.

But seriously, Vince carried the US national team in 2000 and the Raptors the following year (that was the year of the Vince/Iverson showdown), but he was pissed off about something when he was doing all that. He let his hair get a little crazy, had a wild look in his eyes, all that stuff. Now he's back to being Vince and, unfortunately, his cousin is taking after him.

Agreed, & I do not think T-Mac is all the way healthy. He does not want contact esp. after the back troubles. He is at his best when he drives more & does not settle for jumpers. Remember, T-Mac has never won a playoff series in his career too.

Lots to prove to me, & I hope they show me I am wrong. Yao is now an elite player, so the pieces are there.

Bull's-eye
12-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i agree with that tmac is to good off the dribble to settle for jump shots

He does settle sometimes with the jump shots, but his ability to hit those outside shots is the key. This forces teams to come out and guard him, thus opening up the lanes to the basket. This also allows him to find the open man. He is currently averaging a career best in assists (6.5 per game).

Bull's-eye
12-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Remember, T-Mac has never won a playoff series in his career too.

The only playoff series with the Rockets, was in 2005 vs the Mavericks. T-Mac was by far the best player on the court.