PDA

View Full Version : How does a team win 107 games in a row?

wedo
12-05-2006, 10:04 PM
How does a high school team win a 107 games in a row? Thats crazy!

http://www.theoldcoach.com/archives/001574.php

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 10:05 PM
They are in North Carolina and play crappy competition and no big time powers out of state

Cameron Crazy
12-05-2006, 10:11 PM
i like the way you said it..

big daddy russ
12-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by wedo

Look up Concorde DeLaSalle out of California.

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2006, 10:19 PM
I assume they outscored their opponent 107 times

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Concord De La Salle still has the longest winning streak in National history at 151.

Charlotte Independence-107
Hastings? (michigan)-72
Celina-68

I think there is one (maybe two) teams between Independence and Celina, but fairly certain the Bobcat's winning streak is 5th all-time in National history.

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
TXBroadcaster's logic is unfailing!

TexasHSFootball
12-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Independence has been offered to play Evangel, De La Salle and Pittsburgh Central Catholic over the years and has chickened out each and every time. there was one year Don Knotts, the coach, backed out of one match saying "protect the streak". For at least one year this tenure he resigned and took the Duke Offensive Coordinator job.. needless to say, he wasnt college material. This is the same school that has produced Florida quarterback Chris Leak.

I consider the DLS streak more legit than that garbage streak Knotts and the little green and yellow Independence Patriots are putting together.

At least DLS was somewhat challenged over the years of the streak.

Old Tiger
12-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Independence has been offered to play Evangel, De La Salle and Pittsburgh Central Catholic over the years and has chickened out each and every time. there was one year Don Knotts, the coach, backed out of one match saying "protect the streak". For at least one year this tenure he resigned and took the Duke Offensive Coordinator job.. needless to say, he wasnt college material. This is the same school that has produced Florida quarterback Chris Leak.

I consider the DLS streak more legit than that garbage streak Knotts and the little green and yellow Independence Patriots are putting together.

At least DLS was somewhat challenged over the years of the streak. Agreed

charlesrixey
12-06-2006, 12:34 AM
De La Salle had to play Long Beach Poly and Mater Dei over the years, and more recently Mission Viejo (all national powers), as well as St Louis from Hawii. Their streak ended to Bellevue (Seattle) when they played in washington to a top ten national team. I have great respect for DLS's streak. Independence has almost never played a team from out of state, and it shows.

htowntransplant
12-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by wedo

they took it one game at a time! :)

coach
12-06-2006, 01:09 AM
you score more than your opponent 107 times.lol