PDA

View Full Version : Hondo vs. Orange Grove Final Thoughts

Boosty_Hondo
12-05-2006, 03:13 PM
ok everyone the game is over GET OVER IT
here are the points of the game:

*Score 40-3
*Refs get paid to do what they do best SO LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!
*Hondo won
*OG Lost
*you cant go back and change the past
*two players got tossed for breaking UIL rules
*there is no way OG could have won
*quit dissing the coaches because they are doing what they get paid to do and that is call plays

those are the points and fact SO DROP IT EVERYONE AND GROW UP!!!!

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Hondo was clearly the better team that day in more ways than one. I think if OG would have played mistake free OG football, it would have been a heckova lot closer, but they didnt, and it wasn't. Congrats to Hondo on an impressive win!! :clap:

scott Wilson
12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
My final thoughts are, Hondo was the better team, Orange Grove played hard. the players broke football game rules and were punished accordingly, the hondo coaches broke an unwritten longtime sports rule. Hondo has a really good football team. Hondo`s KIDS played a great game, congrats to them. A couple of Orange Grove KIDS made a mistake (provoked with an unneccesary issue) and paid dearly by not being on the field in their last ever high school game. The coaches, parents, and especially the kids at Orange Grove and seemingly at Hondo have played in a fair, sportsmanlike manner all year. It is a shame that the actions took place on the field Saturday night. Those kids apologized and that is noble of the KIDS. Yes, they are kids. The Hondo kids played with a lot of class and I commend them for that. Unfortunatley some of the Coaches did not. I`ll be Hondo that if Wimberly is blowing them out, they won`t run the score up, they win with class, and when seldom defeated, they lose with grace. I read this board and think "Some of the folks posting act like it`s a life and death issue". It`s kids playing a sport they love. Has any other team in the history of the game NOT had a player lose their composure and get tossed from any sporting event? Orange Grove isn`t trying to change the past. For the record, that`s the best season our little ol` school has ever had and we are darn proud of the student-athletes that did the school proud. They don`t have any history of playing in an unsportsmanlike manner and frankly, it`s too bad they did. Did the refs blow two calls, who cares?. It`s not the only game in history where the refs may have blown calls and it didn`t have any affect on the outcome of this game anyways. Hondo was more dominant. Again, the Hondo kids were good athletes with good character, It`s the coach that showed lack of character. I`ll stick with Orange Grove`s coaches for my son when he gets to varsity. As for saying their was no way OG could`ve won, well, Hondo didn`t exactly play mistake free football and if they repeat that, Wimberly will end their season. I counted 5 false starts, several personal fouls and some fumbles. I really hope Hondo gives Wimberly a contest. A good game is always fun to watch. That`s why High School Football in Texas is the best football to see, it`s kids playing for pride, not money, not to embarass anyone, but for plain ol pride. We had our first ever 11 win season, made it past the second round for the first time in school history, and got beat by one of the best teams in class 3A, I for one am proud of the boys accomplishments. Good Luck to the kids at Hondo. That quarterback has a good arm, #10 is very fast, and that #25 is a beast, and the o line and d line are very solid.

JakefootballGOD
12-07-2006, 09:39 PM
totally agreed there...but i hope wimberely beats them from the first play

Bandera YaYa
12-07-2006, 09:51 PM
GO HONDO BEAT THE TEXANS!!!!!! WOOHOO WOOHOO!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bandera7
12-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I am really pulling for Hondo...even though we are long time rivals, I would love to see Hondo have a great season, as they barely beat us and would make us look good. They also have a very talented group this year, and if they go out and play their game, and hit like they should, it will be closer than most Wimberley faithful are expecting. Still, they have to be near perfect to compete with Wimberley, because Wimberley plays great in most of their games. Good luck to Hondo, congratulations on making it this far, and get back at Wimberley for last year.

TexDoc
12-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey bandera7 did you go to school in Bandera? I did. But that was a long time ago.

Old Tiger
12-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
ok everyone the game is over GET OVER IT
here are the points of the game:

*Score 40-3
*Refs get paid to do what they do best SO LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!
*Hondo won
*OG Lost
*you cant go back and change the past
*two players got tossed for breaking UIL rules
*there is no way OG could have won
*quit dissing the coaches because they are doing what they get paid to do and that is call plays

those are the points and fact SO DROP IT EVERYONE AND GROW UP!!!! My random thought....

Your toe has to be hurting

Boosty_Hondo
12-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
My random thought....

Your toe has to be hurting

lmao casey it doesnt hurt except when i walk on it