PDA

View Full Version : ***3ADL Pick'em Game...BREAKING NEWS!!!***

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I have received a PM from AggieJohn disputing the scores that his team received in Weeks 5 through 7. I haven't had time to triple check his findings as work has been busy today...but it does appear that his team was unfairly scored and thus incorrectly seeded in the playoff bracket. It turns out that his team should've been the #5 overall team and thus not played the Girls in the 1st round of the playoffs.

As I do not have any way to go back and re-do the bracket...Russ and I have talked about this matter and have decided that the best line of recourse is for Dyslexia to play the Girls (as they are the #2 seed) this week...and the winner will play the All Seeing Guys over the next two weeks in a 5 game playoff covering the 2 3A state games, both 5A games, and 1 other state championship game of the downlow communities choosing from the 2nd week of state championship games. I apologize for the inconvenience this will cause...I know I'm about to get bombarded with 873 PM's from the PMS patrol...but it is what it is...and we have to make due with the situation at hand. Remember...it's only fitting that we called the amendment the AJ Clause! ;)

Regards,

Your 3ADL Pick'em Game Admins :thumbsup:

3afan
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
cool

KTJ
12-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I have received a PM from AggieJohn

Who?

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Who?

Some guy w/ a lot of time on his hands these days...

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:05 PM
ROFLMAO!! Just as we expected!!

So girls...did we call it OR WHAT??:D :D

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I have received a PM from AggieJohn disputing the scores that his team received in Weeks 5 through 7. I haven't had time to triple check his findings as work has been busy today...but it does appear that his team was unfairly scored and thus incorrectly seeded in the playoff bracket. It turns out that his team should've been the #5 overall team and thus not played the Girls in the 1st round of the playoffs.

As I do not have any way to go back and re-do the bracket...Russ and I have talked about this matter and have decided that the best line of recourse is for Dyslexia to play the Girls (as they are the #2 seed) this week...and the winner will play the All Seeing Guys over the next two weeks in a 5 game playoff covering the 2 3A state games, both 5A games, and 1 other state championship game of the downlow communities choosing from the 2nd week of state championship games. I apologize for the inconvenience this will cause...I know I'm about to get bombarded with 873 PM's from the PMS patrol...but it is what it is...and we have to make due with the situation at hand. Remember...it's only fitting that we called the amendment the AJ Clause! ;)

Regards,

lmao... I love it.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
AJ is slower than I thought he was....he is JUST now complaining about the scoring in weeks 5 - 7??

We girls would have been SO on top of that!!

Well.....we do have to consider, it WAS AJ!!:rolleyes:

No PM from me adidas...the game is tainted now anyway!

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
It's not you that I'm worried about...oh well...the Mod +1 Squad deserves to have an extra challenge! :mad:

3afan
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
...the game is tainted now anyway!

hey, thats MY line!

:D

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
hey, thats MY line!

:D

Sorry...it's a good one!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
It's not you that I'm worried about...oh well...the Mod +1 Squad deserves to have an extra challenge! :mad:

I don't think you have to worry about it....the others pretty much share my sentiments!!

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't think you have to worry about it....the others pretty much share my sentiments!!

:weeping::weeping::weeping:

Butkus
12-05-2006, 03:31 PM
:weeping::weeping::weeping: Appears ta ole Butkus that u an lil aj oughta take ya beatin like a man and quit being :weeping: babies ya self.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:34 PM
:weeping::weeping::weeping:

Nope...no crying from this end.

We would have to care..and we just really no longer do!

We are proud of what we have accomplished and there is nothing any of the rule changes can do to take away our pride of how well we have done!

txkmom
12-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I am so NOT surprised by all this. Typical.
Makes you look W E A K. We've played on w/o changes being made until now, so going back and "fixing" things will just skew the whole thing worse. Lame. I'm proud of how well we girls have done, and no one can take that away. Cry? NO WAY.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
Makes you look W E A K. We've played on w/o changes being made until now, so going back and "fixing" things will just skew the whole thing worse. Lame.

Oh well....judging by the PM's and some IM's I am receiving....we are the TRUE winners of this game, no matter what happens now!!

SintonFan
12-05-2006, 03:41 PM

Regards,

Your kidding right?:thinking:

3afan
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
Makes you look W E A K. We've played on w/o changes being made until now, so going back and "fixing" things will just skew the whole thing worse. Lame. I'm proud of how well we girls have done, and no one can take that away. Cry? NO WAY.

BTW there have been several changes throughout the season .......

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I have nothing against adidas at all...but I will never be involved in anything where he has "power" anymore.

Butkus
12-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Dyslexia is 'NUF'
Injuredinmelee
3afan
tigerpride_08
Aggie John
KTJ
KindaCool

:weeping: :weeping:

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
BTW there have been several changes throughout the season .......

Yes....yes there have!!:rolleyes:

I don't think Greenwood deserved the score they got in week 5 and 7....who can I go back to and whine about it....the UIL??:thinking:

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
hmm...this comment sure doesn't add up! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Nope...no crying from this end.

We would have to care..and we just really no longer do!

not only are you STILL going on about it...your captain even likes to call and send text messages claiming victory over my last place team. Yeah...your team doesn't care! :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh well....judging by the PM's and some IM's I am receiving....we are the TRUE winners of this game, no matter what happens now!!
yay for moral victories :thumbsup: Especially when you haven't knocked off the All Seeing Guys...the team that's been on top ALL SEASON LONG!!! ;)

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 04:19 PM
yay for moral victories :thumbsup: Especially when you haven't knocked off the All Seeing Guys...the team that's been on top ALL SEASON LONG!!! ;)

okay!

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 04:19 PM
okay!

I don't make the facts...I just state 'em! ;)

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't make the facts...I just state 'em! ;)

okay!

carter08
12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
I feel Team Carter was cheated due to the fact other teams received 3 bonus points and Team Carter did not. This is called Regional Discrimination. Please allow Team Carter back in the game or I will contact an atorney

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I feel Team Carter was cheated due to the fact other teams received 3 bonus points and Team Carter did not. This is called Regional Discrimination. Please allow Team Carter back in the game or I will contact an atorney

This sounds somewhat reasonable...we might have to consider this. :thinking:

Nah...you played...you lost...game over! :mad:

jason
12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Dyslexia is 'NUF'
Injuredinmelee
3afan
tigerpride_08
Aggie John
KTJ
KindaCool

:weeping: :weeping: actually its
injured
3afan
aggie john
ktj
jason

need to check your facts there buddy....

and it wasnt our team crying...but aggie john just reporting a mistake...it wasnt him who decided to make the changes...

lostaussie
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by carter08
atorney Carter, you need to contact a spelling teacher:D....................BTW, I sure am glad I am merely a bystander in this game. I think it could be tainted:D

Butkus
12-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by jason
actually its
injured
3afan
aggie john
ktj
jason

need to check your facts there buddy....

and it wasnt our team crying...but aggie john just reporting a mistake...it wasnt him who decided to make the changes... Not cryin. lil aj reports it this fur in tha seasun an whos team is he tha captain of.:rolleyes:

big daddy russ
12-05-2006, 04:43 PM
It was my idea to bring AJ back into the fold. It was the only fair course of action considering how things played out.

Girls, good luck. It's time to sit back, nuke some popcorn, and watch the fireworks.

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
I think its pretty funny that there are rule changes or adjustments being imposed just because the guys are scared the women MIGHT challenge their football savvy. :bigcry:

big daddy russ
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I think its pretty funny that there are rule changes or adjustments being imposed just because the guys are scared the women MIGHT challenge their football savvy. :bigcry:
It happens.

SideBurnWillie
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I knew it was T A I N T E D! :hairpunk:

Butkus
12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Correct ole Butkus ifin hes wrong but didnt tha girls jus happen ta beat lil aj and adidas both.:thinking:

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

It's why the girls should've known better than to get into a game run by the FANTOM CEO and CFO! :evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol:

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
It's why the girls should've known better than to get into a game run by the FANTOM CEO and CFO! :evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol: LOL!!!! touchet salesman!! touchet!!

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
It's why the girls should've known better than to get into a game run by the FANTOM CEO and CFO! :evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol:

Boy, that ain't no lie!! I learned my lesson!

Bullaholic
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Team All-Seeing Guys stands ready to defeat all comers regardless of race, creed, religion, or SEX---anytime, anywhere under anyone's rules. :D

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Team All-Seeing Guys stands ready to defeat all comers regardless of race, creed, religion, or SEX---anytime, anywhere under anyone's rules. :D "it was stated in the by-laws that the rules are "fluid" at best and are subject to change at anytime without notice" kinda like everyday life for most women....so.....I change my stand on the subject Ladies, have a big ole spoonful of what we as men deal with daily from you :D :p

pirate4state
12-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Just tell me whose ass we're gonna kick this week? That's all I want to know. Do we need to submit new picks? Are the games still the same? :thinking:

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Just tell me whose ass we're gonna kick this week? That's all I want to know. Do we need to submit new picks? Are the games still the same? :thinking: a handicap has been imposed, that and you have to make your picks in pencil :D

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Just tell me whose ass we're gonna kick this week? That's all I want to know. Do we need to submit new picks? Are the games still the same? :thinking:

You don't have to do anything different...just keep doing what you've been doing...

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
We have contacted one of P4S friends from Ernst & Young.....they have gone over weeks 5, 6 and 7.....they find no discrepancies. Can you point it out to us or do we call BS on this??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/bsflag.gif

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
We have contacted one of P4S friends from Ernst & Young.....they have gone over weeks 5, 6 and 7.....they find no discrepancies. Can you point it out to us or do we call BS on this??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/bsflag.gif oh man...she went and did it....she hoisted the BS flag! :eek:

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/bsflag.gif

By the way Adidas.......since I saw you reading this, I know you looked at it....SO....are you gonna answer it or not??

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
By the way Adidas.......since I saw you reading this, I know you looked at it....SO....are you gonna answer it or not??

Yes...I'll provide you with thorough documentation once I get home. Some of do actually do work sometimes so I don't have the time needed right now to lay out all of the details. This information will be forthcoming soon...either tonight if I go home after work or I'll try and squeeze it in tomorrow. For not being in retail anymore...this December is sure going to be a rough one! :(

pirate4state
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Yes...I'll provide you with thorough documentation once I get home. Some of do actually do work sometimes so I don't have the time needed right now to lay out all of the details. This information will be forthcoming soon...either tonight if I go home after work or I'll try and squeeze it in tomorrow. For not being in retail anymore...this December is sure going to be a rough one! :(

SQUEEZE THIS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
well...just got the call for dinner with the higher ups...but if I get home in time I'll get it done tonight.

AP Panther Fan
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
SQUEEZE THIS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol....second funniest post I have read today!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It was my idea to bring AJ back into the fold. It was the only fair course of action considering how things played out.

Girls, good luck. It's time to sit back, nuke some popcorn, and watch the fireworks.
You guys are kidding right? The fault and responsibility for the playoff bracket is solely in those who made the game(who were responsible for each week's tally) and should not be forced on a team that finished in second place and did so fair and square. To suddenly have that same team play a "make-up game" in the championship round is beyond comprehension and in no way could it be considered "fair". Even if you guys are joking about this, it takes away from girls/guy's ability to research their picks without constant distraction.
But if you and addy have seriously decided to let AJ's team(which lost their round) jump into the arena in what is essentially the second semifinals, it slams all of us who took this game serious and in a word could only be reprehensibly criminal. :eek: :o

rundoe
12-06-2006, 01:24 AM
since we are changing rules, i want to go back and change some of my picks, lol:eek:

big daddy russ
12-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You guys are kidding right? The fault and responsibility for the playoff bracket is solely in those who made the game(who were responsible for each week's tally) and should not be forced on a team that finished in second place and did so fair and square. To suddenly have that same team play a "make-up game" in the championship round is beyond comprehension and in no way could it be considered "fair". Even if you guys are joking about this, it takes away from girls/guy's ability to research their picks without constant distraction.
But if you and addy have seriously decided to let AJ's team(which lost their round) jump into the arena in what is essentially the second semifinals, it slams all of us who took this game serious and in a word could only be reprehensibly criminal. :eek: :o
I'm a smooth criminal, Danny.

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 02:26 AM
Criminal is a tad strong but all this is a joke, right? It's got to be. I know I probably can go back and find one or two of our week's picks not correctly counted, I'm sure. If that's the case then my team should be allowed another game right? The idea of any team getting another shot this late invalidates the whole playoffs.:hand:

jason
12-06-2006, 08:26 AM
all of us who took this game serious

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6757/ezralxl8.jpg

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Just one question from me, so that I fully understand where the "supposed" screw up is. Were Dyslexia's actual PICKS shown incorrectly on the spread sheet, therefore causing scoring to be incorrect? OR was the scoring incorrect ONLY on your part, Adidas?

It turns out that his team should've been the #5 overall team and thus not played the Girls in the 1st round of the playoffs.

the best line of recourse is for Dyslexia to play the Girls (as they are the #2 seed) this week...
Regardless of whether Dyslexia "should have" played us in the 1st round or not, THEY DID....and WE WON, fair and square. What excuse are they going to come up with THIS WEEK when we beat the crap out of them AGAIN?

3afan
12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
even though I am a member of Dyslexia, I'm staying out of this!!! :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
:kiss: :kiss:

Butkus
12-06-2006, 10:27 AM
http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/3171/cowardnh2.png (http://imageshack.us)

Ranger Mom
12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/3171/cowardnh2.png (http://imageshack.us)

Isn't that Vernon's mascot??:eek: :eek:

Ok, that is my one and only jab of the week!!:D

big daddy russ
12-06-2006, 12:01 PM
You guys are kidding right?...
And yeah, this was all a big joke, but P4S sniffed it out as soon as she saw it. She PMed me saying that she knew what was going on, LOL.

pirate4state
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
And yeah, this was all a big joke, but P4S sniffed it out as soon as she saw it. She PMed me saying that she knew what was going on, LOL.

THANK YOU!!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

big daddy russ
12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
ROFL. I knew I couldn't respond because it would've blown the lid off the whole thing. I was laughing pretty hard when I got that PM, there's no way I could've typed something serious back.

pirate4state
12-06-2006, 02:16 PM
ROFL. I knew I couldn't respond because it would've blown the lid off the whole thing. I was laughing pretty hard when I got that PM, there's no way I could've typed something serious back. I thought my text message was GOOD!! :D :D

SintonFan
12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Bless you bdr...
the whole thing went against what I knew you and addy were hoping for in the pickem playoffs.
http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-024.gif
And jason, it's funny but those who constantly flash pics like yours to anyone who you disagree with tend to have glass houses. Are you saying that you didn't take this game serious enough to warrant your weekly pick? lol highly doubtful...

big daddy russ
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I thought my text message was GOOD!! :D :D
You nailed it. I got it and started laughing out loud. Good thing I don't have roommates.

pirate4state
12-06-2006, 04:26 PM
You nailed it. I got it and started laughing out loud. Good thing I don't have roommates. :eek: :eek: I'm good at nailing things!! :D

big daddy russ
12-06-2006, 04:34 PM
:eek: :eek: I'm good at nailing things!! :D
And you call yourself a moderator. :D