PDA

View Full Version : Update on A&M/LSU basketball game tv coverage tonight...

g$$
12-05-2006, 02:22 PM
from David Barron, Houston Chronicle:

Final update (I hope) with more A&M-LSU details
This is, I hope, the final word on broadcast plans for the Tuesday night Texas A&M-LSU basketball game.

8:00 PM (Central) game time...

First, as we previously noted, KNWS (Channel 51) has agreed to air the game in Houston. Houston viewers will see Rockets-Warriors in its regularly scheduled slot on FSN Houston.

However, FSN Houston viewers in Bryan-College Station, Beaumont-Port Arthur, Lufkin and Victoria will see the A&M-LSU game instead of the Rockets. The college game also will air on DirecTV channel 667 and Dish Network channel 446.

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
thanks g$$! u da man! Gig em' Aggies....

awizzy
12-05-2006, 02:34 PM
when do the ags play ucla

g$$
12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
when do the ags play ucla

Saturday, national tv on CBS.

1:30 PM Central Time

www.aggieathletics.com for details

18handicap
12-05-2006, 06:58 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!

stxfootballfan
12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I havent been keeping up with the college hoops, is this A&Ms first big test?

coach
12-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
I havent been keeping up with the college hoops, is this A&Ms first big test?

yes and then they turn around and play the number 1 team in the country

stxfootballfan
12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Game is also on Sirius 121

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
GEAUX TIGERS!! I think I'm going to puke:speech:

g$$
12-05-2006, 08:46 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!

Expect nothing less 18! Hope it's a good game.

PS- hope your dad is doing better. Saw your post about that. Wish we could have said hello in B/CS. Take care.

bulldogman06
12-05-2006, 11:14 PM
that game was horribly officiated, man i am mad right now

20FAN07
12-05-2006, 11:16 PM
im glad i was the only one thinking that. The refs are pretty bad, could be better.....much better.

Law had a rough night, but o well. I see these two teams meating up again down the road.

KTJ
12-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
that game was horribly officiated, man i am mad right now

Since I'm a ref, I should ignore this but you're right, to some extent. The officiating wasn't the best.

But A&M got out-hustled several times and couldn't hit any shots. Law was MIA most of the game and Jones was in foul trouble the whole time.

halfnhalf
12-05-2006, 11:28 PM
The early fouls killed them, had a little spurt at the end but it was way too late.

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 11:33 PM
What was the final score?

coach
12-05-2006, 11:39 PM
acie law played like crap

stxfootballfan
12-05-2006, 11:46 PM
SEC refs

KTJ
12-05-2006, 11:51 PM
SEC refs

I know some SEC refs personally.

And honestly, Big 12 refs would definitely have NOT been any better.

coach
12-05-2006, 11:52 PM
SEC refs

come on now dont blame the refs just accept the loss and lets go play ucla

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What was the final score? ?????

stxfootballfan
12-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I know some SEC refs personally.

And honestly, Big 12 refs would definitely have NOT been any better.

Originally posted by coach
come on now dont blame the refs just accept the loss and lets go play ucla

It was a joke, I really dont care who wins and I didnt even watch the game

vet93
12-06-2006, 12:21 AM
64 to 52 LSU wins...I think

?????

18handicap
12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Bad refs?? It must have been bad both ways for LSU coach to get Teed up and almost ejected in the 1st half. In the SEC, when I don't like the basketball refs, I just say they are from Oxford, Starkville, or Auburn because there's not much basketball played there -- just like in football I'll say they're from Lexington, Nashville, or Starkville for the same reasons!! Ha ha

LSU was very lucky to catch A&M on a bad night. I would think that if we played them 10 times, it would be 5-5.

g$$ -- my dad is doing about the same. Thanks for your concern. His small intestine has swollen to the point it caused a blockage. He can't eat and is pretty weak. They are trying antibiotics to reduce the swelling and hopefully the blockage will then go away. If not, he'll have to have another surgery and at 83, this would be his 5th surgery in one year ----- all because a doctor didn't make a turn during a routine colonoscopy in August 2005 and perforated his colon. I'm starting to wonder if he should be compensated for all of the suffering and pain. I'm debating against my mother's wishes to contact a lawyer.

g$$
12-06-2006, 08:39 AM
No excuses here, LSU won the game & deserved to do so. Glenn "Big Baby" Davis was too much for the Ags inside. But, I am not down at all as this was A&M's 1st big test & on the road, so it should pay off as the season progresses. Where you are in early December is not indicative of where you will be come March. A&M should only improve. I was disappointed in Acie Law & Joe Jones, the 2 big horses for the Ags. Jones got into early foul trouble & Law was just bad all night. To still be close at the end is almost encouraging, all things considered. I like the 3 freshmen who played, esp. Sloan. A&M has some pieces & they should be ok given time to put it all together.

Remember, A&M is still new to this being good at basketball stuff! BCG will coach 'em up & we'll be ok. I do not think we are #6 in the country though, more like 12-15 range right now.

18 Handicap - all of you will be in my thoughts & prayers. 5 surgeries is awfully risky, & I would consider legal action too. Take care buddy.

CHS_CG
12-06-2006, 08:45 AM
I will agree the refs werent letting them play esp. in the first half.. BUT i will also agree it wasnt there for A&M last night, their ball handling was off, their shots were like next to nothing, they had a horrible game. Jones cant get into foul trouble as early as he did in saturdays game or we will be complete toast. Good job to LSU. I sure will be glad when big baby davis is gone! lol

spiveyrat
12-06-2006, 03:10 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!

:thumbsup: ^ What he said!!! :clap:

Old Tiger
12-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Accept a loss and don't blame anyone :) First rule to being a true fan :)

g$$
12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Accept a loss and don't blame anyone :) First rule to being a true fan :)

Proud of you, maybe you are learning too! :clap:

Old Tiger
12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Proud of you, maybe you are learning too! :clap: I'm a realist ;)

g$$
12-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No excuses here, LSU won the game & deserved to do so. Glenn "Big Baby" Davis was too much for the Ags inside. But, I am not down at all as this was A&M's 1st big test & on the road, so it should pay off as the season progresses. Where you are in early December is not indicative of where you will be come March. A&M should only improve. I was disappointed in Acie Law & Joe Jones, the 2 big horses for the Ags. Jones got into early foul trouble & Law was just bad all night. To still be close at the end is almost encouraging, all things considered. I like the 3 freshmen who played, esp. Sloan. A&M has some pieces & they should be ok given time to put it all together.

Remember, A&M is still new to this being good at basketball stuff! BCG will coach 'em up & we'll be ok. I do not think we are #6 in the country though, more like 12-15 range right now.

18 Handicap - all of you will be in my thoughts & prayers. 5 surgeries is awfully risky, & I would consider legal action too. Take care buddy.

Me too!