PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown hating on the aggies...

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Franchione voted his Aggies (9-3) at No. 21, one spot ahead of Texas (9-3). Brown voted his Longhorns at No. 15, seven spots ahead of A&M despite the fact the Aggies handed the Longhorns a 12-7 loss in Austin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why would he vote like that? confusing.....

3afan
12-05-2006, 10:52 AM
not hard to understand - Mack must think his team is better than aTm dsepite losing to them ...

no big deal

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
funny he does but the bowl committees didn't.

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
quote:
Franchione voted his Aggies (9-3) at No. 21, one spot ahead of Texas (9-3). Brown voted his Longhorns at No. 15, seven spots ahead of A&M despite the fact the Aggies handed the Longhorns a 12-7 loss in Austin.

maybe thats the way he felt? Texas did beat Nebraska, aggies didnt. Texas beat OU, Aggies didnt. Texas beat Tech, Aggies didnt. Yes Aggies beat Texas but it isnt What have you done for me lately.

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Texas has been to the holiday bowl alot in the last few years... Aggies werent. Texas has been to a couple of BCS bowls.. Aggies havent. I guess it is great that yall can build your season on one win against Texas and quickly forget you got lucky to beat army and lost to three teams that texas beat.

kaorder1999
Originally posted by 3afan
not hard to understand - Mack must think his team is better than aTm dsepite losing to them ...

no big deal

yep

Txbroadcaster
If Texas was one spot ahead or behind A&M BEFORE the game you would have a beef, but Texas was 11th and A&M was I THINK 25th before the game...NO POLL has Texas dropping behind A&M. It is not always who beat who, but where you started before the game.

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/16168170.htm

Txbroadcaster
12-05-2006, 10:58 AM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/16168170.htm

Kinda shows each coach puts his team ahead of the others

Phil C
12-05-2006, 11:10 AM
That is like saying that TCU in 1961 with a 3-5-2 record should have been ranked ahead of Texas with a 10-1 record and even with Ohio State with an 8-0-1 record because they beat Texas and tied Ohio State.

Phil C
12-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I wonder when this thread will be closed. :)

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Phil, good to hear your opinion and a good one it was. A thread with anyhting about UT is not official untill your in it.

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is like saying that TCU in 1961 with a 3-5-2 record should have been ranked ahead of Texas with a 10-1 record and even with Ohio State with an 8-0-1 record because they beat Texas and tied Ohio State.

thats a good example

JasperDog94
12-05-2006, 11:18 AM
"In the final poll, Texas was No. 16; Texas A&M was No. 21."

Looks like more people agreed with Mack than Fran.

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 11:20 AM

the other thing about bowls is this... the committees dont care about how good a team is they care about how the fans will follow their team and show up in CA. For the aggies this season is a success by their own standards. The UT season is a wash and everyone knows that including the bowl committees.

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I hope colt gets to play but it looks like Matt mccoy is the starter so far, big problems.....

Fotbol
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Okay! Okay! Texas is better than A&M.

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
I hope colt gets to play but it loos like Matt mccoy is the starter so far, big problems.....

a walk on might get to start in a bowl game...wild

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Okay! Okay! Texas is better than A&M.

nobody said that. It is just soem aggie fans are so consumed with what the other two major schools in the state. This guy this morning has he posted anythign at all about the aggies that didnt involve Mack Brown shorting them? No. He has osted Tons of tech stuff also but nothing about the team he holds dear. Does he feel he has to defend his school from comments that might come because his posts this morning were unprovoked.

vet93
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't think that Mack was hating on the Aggies. Just because you beat a team doesn't mean that the losing team should automatically be ranked above the other...If you use that logic...then UCLA should be in the top 10 ahead of USC. Rankings take into consideration the balance of the season. The close losses at A&M don't mean much to the pollsters... a loss is a loss. Great win by the Aggies, but don't make it out for more that it actually was.....

quote:

GreenMachine
12-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I am an aggie fan, but I agree with the last poll. There is no way that the aggies should have been ranked higher than the horns. The victory over the horns, by the aggies is just that... A victory. I think the horns had an overall better team, though.

halfnhalf
12-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Yes the Longhorns did kind of disappoint people this year, and A&M exceeded theirs. But A&M has been dissappointing people for the past few years, they never lived up to be as good as people thought they were. Yes UT is probably a better team overall than A&M, that happens when you have more money than almost any school in the nation for recruting and whatnot. I wouldn't call the UT season a total disappointment, they beat some pretty good teams, got good lucky breaks a few times when they needed them, and are still ranked in the top 25. It is just that UT fans are not used to their team underachieving in their standards. And A&M is not used to the aggies overachieving, because in the past few years they have been a big disappointment. Aggies are kind of rubbing the win over UT in a little too much, but hey, it's something we haven't felt in a while.

TexDoc
12-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Here's another very important thread, and it isn't even about 3A football! Why isn't this one being canned?

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by TexDoc
Here's another very important thread, and it isn't even about 3A football! Why isn't this one being canned?

maybe because no one has brought up the taboo incident that some people just couldnt let go and they moaned and moaned and moaned about it.

KTJ
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
quote:

How is that "hating"? Been reading TexAgs, have you? ;)

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How is that "hating"?
thats what i like to call aggie logic...wait is that an oxymoron to use aggie and logic in the same sentence?

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 02:13 PM
you guys are funny..... take athread and instead of discuss it you choose to whine about it.... want some cheese with it.

KTJ
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
you guys are funny..... take athread and instead of discuss it you choose to whine about it.... want some cheese with it.

If you looked a little closer at my reply, you would see that I asked a question and not whined about anything.

:nerd:

JasperDog94
12-05-2006, 02:28 PM
you guys are funny..... take athread and instead of discuss it you choose to whine about it.... want some cheese with it. Who's whining?:confused:

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
It was a figure of speech, I apoligize to any and all that belong to the Raider or Longhorn nation that may have taken offense to my thread topic.

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
i dont think i was whining I made a very clever joke

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 02:40 PM
funny he does but the bowl committees didn't. neither did anyone w/ a television set that saw UT's last two game.

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Close the thread just close it! For the love of man kind, just close it!:eek:

KTJ
12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Close the thread just close it! For the love of man kind, just close it!:eek:

Well I mean this post really doesn't make any sense. There's no hate involved and that really has nothing to do with how coaches vote. (or not vote. *cough* Jim Tressel *cough*)