PDA

View Full Version : Jevan Snead is long gone.....

Funk-d-fied
12-05-2006, 10:33 AM
what a typo, espicially coming out of austin.....lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2686256

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Texas is stuck in this QB quandary because freshman Jevan Snead decided to transfer rather than ride the behind Colt McCoy.

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
quitter and afraid of competition.

eagle.eyes
12-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
quitter and afraid of competition.

I don't agree with that. Kid just wants to play and is a fierce competitor. Don't forget he can use his redshirt next year as his 1 yr. transfer sit out. Also, no one will ever know what he was told when he commited to UT, IF anything. I just can't place any blame on a 19 yr old wanting to fulfill his dreams.

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Snead came in after the first offensive drive against Kansas State. I thought you lose your reshirt after 3 quarters of play. Am i wrong? What is the rule?

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
so this year will count as a year of competition for him and then he can use his redshirt next year while having to sit out for transferring? I didnt realize you could do that

eagles_victory
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Snead came in after the first offensive drive against Kansas State. I thought you lose your reshirt after 3 quarters of play. Am i wrong? What is the rule? he wasnt redshirted at all this year

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
i knew you could use your redshirt at any time but didnt realize that you could use y our redshirt year while having to sit out for transferring....

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
he wasnt redshirted at all this year

you dont have to tag someone as being red shirted during the season. If they dont play a snap all season then at the end of the season you can red shirt them. You can though not suit up someone all year for the purpose of red shirting them

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
I don't agree with that. Kid just wants to play and is a fierce competitor. Don't forget he can use his redshirt next year as his 1 yr. transfer sit out. Also, no one will ever know what he was told when he commited to UT, IF anything. I just can't place any blame on a 19 yr old wanting to fulfill his dreams.

He ran away from his verbal to Florida because they signed another great freshman qb and he didnt want to have to compete. he thought he could waltz in and beat out McCoy, so now he is running from UT.

lepfan
12-05-2006, 12:18 PM
quitter and afraid of competition. I agree with eagle...he is doing what is in his best interest...that is what we do....you would probably do the same if put in the same situation....(notice I said probably)

Buccaneer
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Where is he rumored to be going?

kaorder1999
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Commitment!!!

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Where is he rumored to be going?

I think he is loking at TCU and some other schools. Whoever doesnt have an entrenched starter is where he will go. Unless that starter is a SR.

JasperDog94
12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I think he is loking at TCU and some other schools. Whoever doesnt have an entrenched starter is where he will go. SFA was mentioned as well.

Phil C
12-05-2006, 12:29 PM
He is gone and so are the others. Time for everyone to move on. Remember bowl games are coming.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/young_vince_010406_300.jpg

injuredinmelee
12-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Phil you going to the Alamo Bowl?

Phil C
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
No I won't be able to make that one inj. I will be watching on the tv in Sinton.

g$$
12-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i knew you could use your redshirt at any time but didnt realize that you could use y our redshirt year while having to sit out for transferring....

The rule is you have 5 years to play 4. A redshirt year can be used while sitting out the transfer year too. That is what Snead will do if he goes D1-A to D1-A (if he goes down a level he does NOT have to sit out at all, like D1-AA, etc.). Medical redshirts are totally different & must be approved by the NCAA.

Redshirt rules changed a few years ago. It used to depend on # of plays & what point in the season the kid played (like 1st 4 games). Now, if you play at all you burn the redshirt year. Snead was never going to redshirt at Texas anyway due to lack of depth at QB. He played throughout the year some. Hope that helps.