PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, Missouri

Phil C
12-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally the City of St. Louis, Missouri was purchased as part of the Louisiana Purchase but it was originally under France before becoming part of the United States. Louis Saint Angel de Belleive was a governor of St. Louis from 1766 to 1768. The statue below is of him in honor of the good he did for the city. It is a tourist attraction and if you ever go there please don't forget to see this great monument.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/77/Apotheosis-of-saint-louis.jpg/228px-Apotheosis-of-saint-louis.jpg

Adidas410s
12-05-2006, 09:44 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-05-2006, 09:45 AM
If I go anywhere in Missouri it will be to Springfield to go to the original Bass Pro Shop.:D

mrescape43
12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
If I go anywhere in Missouri it will be to Springfield to go to the original Bass Pro Shop.:D

This is one place that I'd like to visit

BullFrog Dad
12-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Originally the City of St. Louis, Missouri was purchased as part of the Louisiana Purchase but it was originally under France before becoming part of the United States. Louis Saint Angel de Belleive was a governor of St. Louis from 1766 to 1768. The statue below is of him in honor of the good he did for the city. It is a tourist attraction and if you ever go there please don't forget to see this great monument.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/77/Apotheosis-of-saint-louis.jpg/228px-Apotheosis-of-saint-louis.jpg Phil C, St. Louis is my birthplace as my signature suggests. The Gateway Arch is another cool attraction but you can't beat living in good ol' Texas!!!

CHS_CG
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM

used to live like an hr from that! I would go with my dad up there atleast once a month.. its GREAT!

DU_stud04
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
If I go anywhere in Missouri it will be to Springfield to go to the original Bass Pro Shop.:D ive been there a few times. that place is awesome. huge. :D

Sweetwater96
12-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ive been there a few times. that place is awesome. huge. :D

I was just there the other day. We had to take some photos for our Christmas cards at work. Bass Pro here in Spfld is huge, and the wonders of wildlife is pretty cool. I know they're supposed to build an Imax as part of Bass Pro but they haven't yet. They did build a Bass Pro in Branson.

Springfield is nice, but STL is amazing. I love the STL. I wish it would have worked out for me to relocate to STL but instead i'm moving to Memphis next week. They are turning the old Pyramid in Memphis into a Bass Pro Shop too.

spiveyrat
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/77/Apotheosis-of-saint-louis.jpg/228px-Apotheosis-of-saint-louis.jpg

I've seen it. :)

spiveyrat
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Been there too! ;)

DU_stud04
12-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater96
I was just there the other day. We had to take some photos for our Christmas cards at work. Bass Pro here in Spfld is huge, and the wonders of wildlife is pretty cool. I know they're supposed to build an Imax as part of Bass Pro but they haven't yet. They did build a Bass Pro in Branson.

Springfield is nice, but STL is amazing. I love the STL. I wish it would have worked out for me to relocate to STL but instead i'm moving to Memphis next week. They are turning the old Pyramid in Memphis into a Bass Pro Shop too. thats cool. good luck with your move.