PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside preparing for tough Robinson Rockets

stxfootballfan
12-04-2006, 11:50 PM
From http://kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5768629

The Ingleside Mustangs are two wins away from a state championship. The road only gets tougher with the Robinson Rockets standing in their way Friday night in New Braunfels. What we have here is two high powered offenses going ready to do battle.

This time of year is when local teams face the cream of the crop up north. Local teams are always considered the underdogs. The Robinson Rockets present an enormous challenge. As always, the accolades are flowing.

"At this point in the season everybody you play is going to be good, and we feel like we're a good football team," said defensive coordinator Jake Wachsmuth.

"This time of the year everybody is good. There's four teams left, and their defense by far athletes galore," said offensive coordinator Jeff Doege.

Ingleside's offense has been scoring at will through the entire season. That balanced offensive attack is a thing of beauty. They'll be facing a Robinson defense that's giving up 31 points a game in the playoffs. The Rockets big thing is speed. The Mustangs will take what they give them.

"Speed is a big thing for them. As far as this time of year speed and size, and we've played some big teams this year, but we know athlete for athlete they're going to be right there with us this week," Doege said.

Defensively, the Mustangs bend but they don't break. The Rockets will try to break them with quarterback Randy Kitchen who can run and throw. Robinson is averaging 34 points per game, but 45 points per night in the playoffs. The Mustangs feel they can win the war up front though, that's the key.

"You know, they present different challenges. We understand that they have some good athletes, but we feel like we can match up with them. Really what it's going to come down to on Friday night is who plays their best game, and if we do that we'll be okay, " Wachsmuth said.

Online Reporter: Art Mack

mwynn05
12-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Lets go Robinson

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Go Rockets.

Centex will show out

bet dat

necks_c/09
12-05-2006, 09:00 AM
i hope robinson wins b/c they put it on us and i dont want them to lose out now.

I hope they win state so at least we can say we lost to the champs.

Phil C
12-05-2006, 09:26 AM
GO MUSTANGS! INGLESIDE ADVANCES TO STATE! :clap:

Johnnypaycheck
12-05-2006, 09:32 AM
history is on the side of the rockets...the last three playoff trips the Necks have lost to teams that have played for the State Title...

2002 - (4A) Brenham (lost to state Champ Denton Ryan)
2004 - Cuero (lost in state championship to Abilene Wylie)
2005 - Wimberley (state champ)

2006 - Robinson (we'll wait and see)

redfish961
12-05-2006, 09:45 AM
A few collective stats for Robinson and Ingleside.

These are for the 3 playoff games only:

Robinson Avg per game / Opponent

Score - 44 / 25

Rushing - 285 / 251

Passing - 218 / 131

Total Offense - 503 / 382

Ingleside Avg per game / Opponent

Score - 30 / 21

Rushing - 229 / 166

Passing - 129 / 155

Total Offense - 358 / 321

Robinson's opponents - Hutto, Palestine, Columbia

Ingleside's opponents - Gonzalez, La Feria, Pleasanton

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Why is everyone basing the fact that Robinson beat WC as their reason Robinson is going to "win big" over Ingleside? I saw WC play this year and was not that impressed. Ingleside is much more balanced and quite frankly a better team. If you want to talk impressive wins for Robinson, lets talk Palestine and Hutto, WC is not in the same class as these two teams.

Pudlugger
12-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Robinson will win big. Ingleside is a good team but the Rockets are rolling and will be tough to stop.

redfish961
12-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Why is everyone basing the fact that Robinson beat WC as their reason Robinson is going to "win big" over Ingleside? I saw WC play this year and was not that impressed. Ingleside is much more balanced and quite frankly a better team. If you want to talk impressive wins for Robinson, lets talk Palestine and Hutto, WC is not in the same class as these two teams.

Having been at the Robinson games, I would say the strength of their opponents are in this order:

1) Palestine (by far)
2) Hutto
3) Columbia

All of the opponents were in the playoffs and credit is due to all.
This is just my opinion on how the games shook out.

I think the stats above indicate Robinson would like to see a shootout and Ingleside would prefer a more defensive type game.
If Ingleside can stop the Robinson running attack, I believe this game may be a lot closer than most think.

I also think Palestine figured out how to stop the Robinson offense (only 6 points in the second half). Flood the line and make sure you get there quick.

If Ingleside can do that and put a few points on the board, this ought to be a good one.

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by redfish961
Having been at the Robinson games, I would say the strength of their opponents are in this order:

1) Palestine (by far)
2) Hutto
3) Columbia

All of the opponents were in the playoffs and credit is due to all.
This is just my opinion on how the games shook out.

I think the stats above indicate Robinson would like to see a shootout and Ingleside would prefer a more defensive type game.
If Ingleside can stop the Robinson running attack, I believe this game may be a lot closer than most think.

I also think Palestine figured out how to stop the Robinson offense (only 6 points in the second half). Flood the line and make sure you get there quick.

If Ingleside can do that and put a few points on the board, this ought to be a good one. your football logic is keen. I like the way you seem to be able to break a game down, and look at all aspects. Robinson seems to be very balanced as well, and I hear they have much speed, which worries me. Up until now, Ingleside usually has a little more speed than anyone they play...this changes this week I'm afraid. This will be their first real test up until now. Pleasanton was supposedly picked over Ingleside. They had a QB that was supposed to be unstoppable, a dual thread, big, strong and fast. He up up some yards, but Ingleside was able to stop him when it counted. Adjustments were made at halftime, and in the second half Ingleside shut him down and sacked him 3 times. We were able to get preasure on him, but I'm willing to bet Robinson's team speed is going to be much faster than Pleasanton, which again, scares me a little. I'm with you though, I do not think this game will be as lopsided as most seem to think, but you know, we're out of Region IV, so we get little respect. We'll live w/ that for now though, and just play the game. I am REALLY going to try to be at this game! Pleasure discussing football w/ you sir.

Ingleside Fan
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow everyone is breaking this game down alot more than usual. It seems both sides are looking at it becuase it is such a big game! To get to show or not? That is the question. It seems that Robinson fans are more open about things than other teams that Ingleside has face. That is refreshing!:clap:

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Wow everyone is breaking this game down alot more than usual. It seems both sides are looking at it becuase it is such a big game! To get to show or not? That is the question. It seems that Robinson fans are more open about things than other teams that Ingleside has face. That is refreshing!:clap: my thoughts exactly, its refreshing to actually DISCUSS a game and not be called a "goofball" or an "moron" for putting my point of view out there. something I'm not used to around here. :clap:

pirate4state
12-05-2006, 12:02 PM
my thoughts exactly, its refreshing to actually DISCUSS a game and not be called a "goofball" or an "moron" for putting my point of view out there. something I'm not used to around here. :clap:

Hey you goofball quit being a moron!!! :eek: :eek: :devil: :D

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Hey you goofball quit being a moron!!! :eek: :eek: :devil: :D take your meds and get back in your padded cell, its not Saturday yet!

Ingleside Fan
12-05-2006, 12:09 PM
my thoughts exactly, its refreshing to actually DISCUSS a game and not be called a "goofball" or an "moron" for putting my point of view out there. something I'm not used to around here. :clap:

I thought I was the only one thinking this. Or maybe the Robinson Fans are just setting us up.:doh:

Ingleside Fan
12-05-2006, 12:13 PM
take your meds and get back in your padded cell, its not Saturday yet!

They're Back!!!! :hand:

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
They're Back!!!! :hand: nah, P4S and I give each other crap in jest, I've met her twice and shes fun to BS with....no hard feelings when it comes to her and I.

pirate4state
12-05-2006, 12:33 PM
nah, P4S and I give each other crap in jest, I've met her twice and shes fun to BS with....no hard feelings when it comes to her and I.

That you know of!! :D :D ;)

redfish961
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow everyone is breaking this game down alot more than usual. It seems both sides are looking at it becuase it is such a big game! To get to show or not? That is the question. It seems that Robinson fans are more open about things than other teams that Ingleside has face. That is refreshing!:clap:

I happen to be of the thinking that the best fan's are the one's who are knowledgable about the game, support their opinions with facts, and are objective when analyzing the skills of both their team and the opponents.

To me it matters what you've done on the field and not what school you go to or who you support.

I also think providing information to fans helps everyone to enjoy the game more. You can be rest assured that everything I provide is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

As far as the respect thing goes, don't feel like the lone ranger. From what I can tell, most opponents' fans haven't put much faith in respect for Robinson prior to their games. Funny how they do a 180 degree turn after the game.

The Ingleside fans have been quite refreshing as well.

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I happen to be of the thinking that the best fan's are the one's who are knowledgable about the game, support their opinions with facts, and are objective when analyzing the skills of both their team and the opponents.

To me it matters what you've done on the field and not what school you go to or who you support.

I also think providing information to fans helps everyone to enjoy the game more. You can be rest assured that everything I provide is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

As far as the respect thing goes, don't feel like the lone ranger. From what I can tell, most opponents' fans haven't put much faith in respect for Robinson prior to their games. Funny how they do a 180 degree turn after the game.

The Ingleside fans have been quite refreshing as well. yeah, I can say in honesty, when I first saw the brackets, I said "who is Waco Robinson" I guess I will find out this weekend. But I'm sure most have said "whos Ingleside" as well....as, we are DEFINATELY not the favorite going into this one, LOL. My hope is for a clean, 100% healthy, close game amongst two teams trying to earn the respect they deserve for the great seasons they are having...and wish both teams continued success in years to come.

sicem74
12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Go Rockets.

Centex will show out

bet dat

lol

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
lol "bet dat"?? is that latin?

rgn4fb
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Pleasanton was supposedly picked over Ingleside. They had a QB that was supposed to be unstoppable, a dual thread, big, strong and fast. He up up some yards, but Ingleside was able to stop him when it counted. This is the 2nd time tha I have seen you post this comment. Pleasanton was not picked over Ingleside and Ingleside has been ranked way above them all year. I have read on this thread that some Pleasanton and La Vernis fans felt they could win but homers will usually always pick their team to win. The reputable pollsters in the state had Ingleside to beat Ingleside. For the most part, Ingleside has been picked over every team they have played this year including the team they lost big to. I see what you are saying and that you think that Ingleside has a shot at this thing and I will not disagree. But you just look even more like a homer rather than an objective educated prognosticator when you say that your team was an underdog to a team that was ranked well below Ingleside.

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
This is the 2nd time tha I have seen you post this comment. Pleasanton was not picked over Ingleside and Ingleside has been ranked way above them all year. I have read on this thread that some Pleasanton and La Vernis fans felt they could win but homers will usually always pick their team to win. The reputable pollsters in the state had Ingleside to beat Ingleside. For the most part, Ingleside has been picked over every team they have played this year including the team they lost big to. I see what you are saying and that you think that Ingleside has a shot at this thing and I will not disagree. But you just look even more like a homer rather than an objective educated prognosticator when you say that your team was an underdog to a team that was ranked well below Ingleside. fair enough, basically I was speaking of the "polls" and posts that were respresented here on the DL. The PLC loss I believe was a bit flukish. They were good, but not THAT good, and as "homerish" as it sounds..you cant dispute that when you turn the ball over what, 4 or 5 times, 3 times in the second half, that you are likely to lose. I see your point though, and appreciate it.

rgn4fb
12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Now I do agree that Ingleside has a legitimate shot. People are talking about how explosive Robinson is but at times it seems Ingleside can score at will, while other times the only one stopping them has been themselves from what I have read after games(turnovers etc.). I wish the stangs the best and hope they allow region 4 and district 30-3a to have another state finalist

rgn4fb
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
and I agree with you about PLC but from what I was told that wasnt even your team. 7 starters out would kill any team. Could be the reason for some of the turnovers.

carter08
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Randy Kitchens is one of the 10 best players i have seen this year

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by rgn4fb
and I agree with you about PLC but from what I was told that wasnt even your team. 7 starters out would kill any team. Could be the reason for some of the turnovers. Right, we had 7 starters out and turned the ball over alot in the PLC game. Turnovers have been our weakness. When we hold onto the ball, we win going away, we turn the ball over, we squeek by. There will be no room for turnovers against a team like Robinson. I hope ball protection is one of the key points this week in practice for our boys. Robinson & Ingleside no doubt both have explosive offenses, I think it will come down to containment...who can slow the other's offense down the most. I dont think either team can be shut out. That and as discussed..turnovers.

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Randy Kitchens is one of the 10 best players i have seen this year I see your Randy Kitchens and raise you a Zach Adams :p

carter08
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I see your Randy Kitchens and raise you a Zach Adams :p

Theres a problem there

I already bet a Randy Kitchens
Anything else would be lowering the wager

I learned that on ESPN :D

Corn Cob
12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Sorry Ingleside, but Region IV Division 1 was extremely weak this year. This one won't even be close! Robinson will win this one by 20-30 points!

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
Sorry Ingleside, but Region IV Division 1 was extremely weak this year. This one won't even be close! Robinson will win this one by 20-30 points! guess we'll have to wait and see! :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Theres a problem there

I already bet a Randy Kitchens
Anything else would be lowering the wager

I learned that on ESPN :D LOL...I was never good at poker! :p

j_dog
12-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Good luck Ingleside!! :clap: I like your chances. :)

redfish961
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
I took a look at the Massey Ratings and due to formatting problems, I'll summarize for you.

Robinson/Ingleside

Overall rank - 6th/48th

Offensive Rank - 6th/43rd

Defensive Rank - 20th/83rd

Strength of Schedule - 3rd/130th

Robinson has played and lost to #1 and #10, while winning against #'s 13,14,20,21,27,35, and 43.

Ingleside has not played a top 50 team in 3A, although it should be noted that they played and lost to the #89 4A team Calhoun.

Not sure that this means anything, but I'm quite surprised at the schedule strength disparity. I had no idea the difference was that large.

That being said, Friday will show how Ingleside matches up with a top 10 team. My interest just got a little stronger, and to be truthful (not disrespectful), so did my hopes of a Robinson victory.

Here's the link for those that want to take a look at their own team:

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX#4A

stxfootballfan
12-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I guess the mustangs should save their money and forfit, according to the rankings.

redfish961
12-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
I guess the mustangs should save their money and forfit, according to the rankings.

Not implying that at all. Simply posting something that some may find interesting. Personally, I'm looking forward to a good game.

Good Luck to both!

stxfootballfan
12-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Not implying that at all. Simply posting something that some may find interesting. Personally, I'm looking forward to a good game.

Good Luck to both!

I know you werent implying that, ive noticed you are one of the few who is looking forward to a good game . As opposed to some other people who are counting the Mustangs out before the game even starts.

luvhoops34
12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
If we all knew who would win and who would lose, they weren't be any point in playing the game......;)

IHStangFan
12-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I took a look at the Massey Ratings and due to formatting problems, I'll summarize for you.

Robinson/Ingleside

Overall rank - 6th/48th

Offensive Rank - 6th/43rd

Defensive Rank - 20th/83rd

Strength of Schedule - 3rd/130th

Robinson has played and lost to #1 and #10, while winning against #'s 13,14,20,21,27,35, and 43.

Ingleside has not played a top 50 team in 3A, although it should be noted that they played and lost to the #89 4A team Calhoun.

Not sure that this means anything, but I'm quite surprised at the schedule strength disparity. I had no idea the difference was that large.

That being said, Friday will show how Ingleside matches up with a top 10 team. My interest just got a little stronger, and to be truthful (not disrespectful), so did my hopes of a Robinson victory.

Here's the link for those that want to take a look at their own team:

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX#4A I see where you are going, "take into account all stats and input" but it seems everyone puts too much stock in these Massey ratings...what did the Massey ratings say about Gilmber/Tex L-E? What did they say about your Robinson/Palestine? What did they say about Vernon? Where was Hutto in those ratings? These two teams will match up WAY better on the field than on paper, I assure you.