PDA

View Full Version : Composure

scott Wilson
12-04-2006, 04:22 PM
The message about the fake field goal was closed,so I`ll post here. Acouple of things that I read kinda irked me a bit. One comment about Orange Grove looking like a J.V. team. Remember, we`re talking about kids here. Hondo was the better team no doubt. Bigger, Faster, Stronger just plain better. But you play with the kids you have. The kids from OG NEVER quit. They were able to move the ball on Hondo even better than I expected. Silly mistakes and turnovers will cost you in any game. I commend Hondo and it`s players for a good game. As for the players being ejected, well the first one was due to a fumble recovered by OG and the Hondo players were doing some dirty, below the belt tactics to try and take the ball out of OG`s hands. Our player did throw a punch and got ejected. Deservedly so. We all know how it works, the first guy instigates it, the guy that retaliates gets caught. I can promise you, OG`s coach gave both young men a tongue lashing for and I`ll quote, "emabarrasing the team, the community and themselves". Plus the fact that it happened on the first series and the players didn`t get to play in their last ever high school game because their seniors probably was a bad enough punishment. As for the second player getting ejected, if that was a punch, he doesn`t need to be in boxing. Pretty weak. Anyways, it wasn`t good sportsmanship and the players got an earful from the coaches and punished themselves by not being able to play. I was pretty surprised to see Hondo throwing the ball like they did with under 5 minutes to play, and then running a fake FG with only minutes remaining. They are definetly a good team, and beat a smaller, undersized Orange Grove team soundly. Next week, Wimberly will NOT be smaller, or undersized. When you drop 50+ points on a Cuero team, you are GOOD. Hats off to Hondo for a great season, but Wimberly will be the end of the line for the Owls. I`d like to see Hondo go on and win State so Orange Grove could say "we got beat by the State Champs", but Wimberly is going to keep that from happening. Good luck to Hondo.

carter08
12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Great First Post

Welcome to the Board

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Great First Post

Welcome to the Board

+1...always good to see a new poster give honest, unbiased opinions as opposed to the things we often see here during football season.

Welcome to the board!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
+1...always good to see a new poster give honest, unbiased opinions as opposed to the things we often see here during football season.

Welcome to the board!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

+3 :clap:

Welcome!! :)

Phil C
12-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome! It is a common occurrence though. Like in basketball someone throws a punch and the second person retaliates and it is the second person that gets the foul. Replay anyone? :)

AP Panther Fan
12-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the board and back to District 30-3a....I have said it from day 1...Orange Grove has great athletic programs, kids and community members. Congratulations on a wonderful season.:)

Bull Butter
12-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Well said, Scott.

Welcome to 3A DownLow!

mwynn05
12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Well said, Scott.

Welcome to 3A DownLow! .

wimbo_pro
12-04-2006, 09:35 PM
You are right, Scott. Wimberley will INDEED be the end of the road for the Owls. I was at the Hondo-OG game as well. Hondo was obviously better than OG. Hondo deserves the praise for going 3 deep in D2. They have talent.

Bandera YaYa
12-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You are right, Scott. Wimberley will INDEED be the end of the road for the Owls. I was at the Hondo-OG game as well. Hondo was obviously better than OG. Hondo deserves the praise for going 3 deep in D2. They have talent. Ha...there you go again....counting your chicks before they are hatched!! Ha! I sure hope you have to eat those words!!! GO HONDO BEAT THE TEXANS!!! :DAnd I don't see what all the fuss is about a faked kick....at that point I think they were just practicing ....trying some moves they may try in the next game....that's all....just my opinion tho! No one likes to lose by alot, but really...does one more TD matter at that point?? :thinking: