PDA

View Full Version : State Farm Lone Star Analysis as of 12-04-06!

Phil C
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Right now the score is tied at 3 each between UT and A&M. The Aggies got a boost with their win in football but at the same time they lost a great opportunity to be ahead with the UT win in soccer.

I think going into the spring UT will get points in Men's Diving and Swimming, Men and Women's Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field. This gives UT 8 points for sure. Teams need to win with 10 points.

I think the Aggies will get points in Men and Women's Basketball (UT will be improved but Aggies should be good enough to sweep - if not A&M is in trouble). I also think with CAT gone A&M should sweep in softball. This gives A&M a sure six points.

The sports that are undecided and could determine the winner are Men and Women's Golf and Tennis. Last year A&M swept the Women's sports while UT sweep the Men's sports. If they have an even swap again UT will get the ten points needed. Also undecided is baseball. That may be close. I think it is the last competition and it could determine the final winner.

Remember if the two teams are tied at 9 1/2 points each Texas retains the Cup since UT won last year but let's hope we have a clear winner. I wish that in case of tie the winner is the one that won the football game since it is the most popular sport but that is probably a rediculous suggestion on my part. In other words in case of a tie the winner of the football game gets 0.25 points and wins the competition 9 3/4 to 9 1/2.

UT has won one sided the last two years but this one looks to be closer since the Aggies won the football game. But if UT gets a win by one of the basketball teams then the Aggies might be in trouble. We will see. The suspense builds.

Phil C
12-04-2006, 04:15 PM
The next competition is in January in women's basketball and I think also that month is the men's swimming and diving competition. If A&M can win the latter then they will be in good shape indeed.

Phil C
01-22-2007, 12:02 PM
In a surprise to me UT won the Women's basketball game and now UT leads the competition 3 1/2 to 3.

In the past three years (the third year is still going on) the Aggies have scored 11 1/2 points and 9 1/2 points have been in women's sports. The main surprise is that they have only scored 1 out of 3 points in soccer but that will probably change the next two years since the games will be at A&M and the Aggies are always much tougher at home.

In tennis it looks like whoever plays at home wins whether it is men or women's tennis. This could be a key sport in this year's competition which I expect to be closer than in the first two years.

We will see. A key swimming and diving competition is coming soon.

Phil C
01-26-2007, 02:10 PM
The next point will be tomorrow (Sat. Jan 27) in the Men's Swimming and Diving Competition. The Horns should get this point especially since it is in Austin but you never know.