PDA

View Full Version : Ps3!

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
My wife found one this morning and picked it up!!! WooHoo! :clap: :cheerl: :wave: :thumbsup: Oh, and I WON'T be putting it on ebay. ;)

Has anyone else been lucky enough to find one?

SnyTigBaseB07
12-04-2006, 01:41 PM
i stood in line and got mine when they came out, it's worth it! :D

mwynn05
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Ive heard they aren't any thing near what was advertised

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Oh, and I WON'T be putting it on ebay. ;)

:D :D :D

SnyTigBaseB07
12-04-2006, 01:51 PM
to an extent yes, of course when anything is being hyped as much as the ps3 was, its almost impossible for it to be what is was said to be, however that doesnt mean that it isnt great, i love it, but we have HD tv as well so that plays a part into the difference, if i was on a regular tv it would be a little less clean. but overall i like it!

wyliegrad04
12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
we found one in Wichita Falls yesterday ... might still be there, we had no intentions on buying it.

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
we found one in Wichita Falls yesterday ... might still be there, we had no intentions on buying it.

SPARE NO EXPENSE!!! :mad:

SnyTigBaseB07
12-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
SPARE NO EXPENSE!!! :mad:

:D :D

i would have picked it up just to sell it again on eBay. lol.

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Ive heard they aren't any thing near what was advertised

I'm sure the games aren't yet using the extent of the platform's cabability. They will get better. And in the meantime, I got a Blu-ray player for half the price of any others on the market.

mwynn05
12-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I'm sure the games aren't yet using the extent of the platform's cabability. They will get better. And in the meantime, I got a Blu-ray player for half the price of any others on the market. What good is blu ray with out an HDTV.....the sad thing is ps3 doesnt even come with the right cables for HD

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
What good is blu ray with out an HDTV.....the sad thing is ps3 doesnt even come with the right cables for HD

It comes with component cables, correct??? You don't HAVE to have HDMI to get a good picture. I tried out 3 or 4 different HDMI cables and didn't find a significant difference in picture quality over component. The biggest difference was the colors tended to be more heavy towards reds and light on blues. The picture quality was the same on my plasma.

TMer25
12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
It comes with component cables, correct??? You don't HAVE to have HDMI to get a good picture. I tried out 3 or 4 different HDMI cables and didn't find a significant difference in picture quality over component. The biggest difference was the colors tended to be more heavy towards reds and light on blues. The picture quality was the same on my plasma.

HDMI was mainly conceived by the movie studios for copy protection. On very few displays will you see a significant difference between HDMI and component.

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
HDMI was mainly conceived by the movie studios for copy protection. On very few displays will you see a significant difference between HDMI and component.
hehe...I thought I remembered you telling me that so I figured my "analysis" would be covered! ;)

Does the ps3 come with component cables?

Snyder_TigerFan
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by TMer25

Cool. So no need to spend the extra money then, cause they're not cheap.

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Cool. So no need to spend the extra money then, cause they're not cheap.

nope they aren't. Heck...the monster component cables aren't cheap either. I ended up buying Philips cables at Wal-Mart for about $30 or so per set. I tested those against the Monster ones and didn't notice a difference in quality...so I saved $200 (bought two sets of cables) and took them back to Best Buy.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-04-2006, 03:47 PM
me and bulldog_12 found two at the wal mart in jasper over the christmas break.

TMer25
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
nope they aren't. Heck...the monster component cables aren't cheap either. I ended up buying Philips cables at Wal-Mart for about $30 or so per set. I tested those against the Monster ones and didn't notice a difference in quality...so I saved $200 (bought two sets of cables) and took them back to Best Buy.

Cables are basically cables. I usually order cables from monoprice.com. Unfortunately the PS3 doesn't ship with component cables , just composite.

Adidas410s
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I wonder if there is a certain day of the week to go look for one...

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
What good is blu ray with out an HDTV.....the sad thing is ps3 doesnt even come with the right cables for HD
I guess you assume that I don't have HDTV or a HDMI cable. I have both. And my next post on this thread will be from my PS3.

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 07:15 PM
surfin with PS3!:cool: :thumbsup: