PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Christmas tree do you/will you have this year?

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 07:09 AM
http://www.online-thecatsmeow.com/images/Emoticons/cid_3C3EDF47

piratebg
12-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Fake this year, but thinking about going fresh next year.

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Ours is fake also. Last time we had a real tree, it took about 5 years to find all the needles. And we put our tree in the basement (more room), so there would be needles from the front door through the den, down the stairs, and through the office and living areas. Just too long a trail of needles to worry about.

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 08:28 AM
The scent of a real tree causes my allergies to act up and gives me a headache. So fake tree for me

Ranger Mom
12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Fake and pre-lit is the only way to go!!!

luvhoops34
12-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I have a HUGE fake tree that is really nice. I told my daughter she could have it and all the decorations, lights, stand. etc. All they had to do was stop by the house on their way back from one of my son in laws many deer hunting trips. My son in law threw a fit and said he wouldn't have a fake tree. :doh: Go figure. They are strapped for cash but he has to have a real tree. And they have a huge house. So a small tree won't do, it has to be a big one. And they still haven't bought one yet......

District303aPastPlayer
12-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I have a HUGE fake tree that is really nice. I told my daughter she could have it and all the decorations, lights, stand. etc. All they had to do was stop by the house on their way back from one of my son in laws many deer hunting trips. My son in law threw a fit and said he wouldn't have a fake tree. :doh: Go figure. They are strapped for cash but he has to have a real tree. And they have a huge house. So a small tree won't do, it has to be a big one. And they still haven't bought one yet......

we have a bunch of trees still at my HEB =)

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

We're currently cleaning out our utility room in our basement. My hope is that once it's clean, we can store our tree there in the "off season" pieced together with the lights on it and a sheet over it to keep the dust off. Then, after thanksgiving, we can just pull it out, put the rest of the decorations on it and we're done. :nerd:

44INAROW
12-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Fake but it looks real :) I have to agree with TigerWR - the real trees aggrevate my allergies :( Our beloved Snowman took a tumble Saturday night with the high winds and broke his arm :( Husband was going to find some "EZWELD" or something like that and try to repair him -

Go Cuero
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
We've always had a real one but this year we got a huge prelit fake one and it looks really nice. Our allergies were just bothering us too much when we had the real one up but I love the smell of a real tree.

I will have to say I didn't realize there was so much to do when putting up the artificial tree. I had scratches all over my arms from the limbs-it look like a cat got a hold of me.

lostaussie
12-04-2006, 01:08 PM
I got a green one.

AP Panther Fan
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
We have a fake pre-lit tree BUT my daughters wanted to add different colored lights to the tree this year rather than just the clear ones already on the darn thing.

I blew exactly 5 fuses before I determined that there was just no way to plug them all in together.

Once I finally finished cussing the tree, unhooking and re-hooking lights, replacing those tiny fuses that are practically impossible to get in and out (for a good hour) I must admit, it looks pretty darn good! It BETTER stay lit through Christmas.;)

spiveyrat
12-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
We have a fake pre-lit tree BUT my daughters wanted to add different colored lights to the tree this year rather than just the clear ones already on the darn thing.

I blew exactly 5 fuses before I determined that there was just no way to plug them all in together.

Once I finally finished cussing the tree, unhooking and re-hooking lights, replacing those tiny fuses that are practically impossible to get in and out (for a good hour) I must admit, it looks pretty darn good! It BETTER stay lit through Christmas.;)

ROFL! You just reminded me of that song "The twelve things at Christmas that are such a pain to me", or whatever it's called. The "Rigging up the lights guy" is my favorite!!! :D

CHS_CG
12-04-2006, 01:35 PM
When i was younger we had a huge 8.5 ft fake tree.. when me moved to Texas we decided to throw it out bc it was old and took up a lot of space.. Then we started with the real trees (huge of course) and now for the past 2 years we have had a small (like 4.5 or 5 ft) pre-lit fake tree.. which fits perfect bc we have a chest under the 2 windows in the living room and it fits perfect on there...

CHS_CG
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34

has ur son in law ever heard the phrase.. size doesnt matter lol

SnyTigBaseB07
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM

definately rm! lol thats a family tradition around here!

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Fake and pre-lit is the only way to go!!! That takes the fun out of stringing up the lights :(

stangGirl2007
12-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That takes the fun out of stringing up the lights :(

That is always lot's of fun! Such a pain though when you get close to the top of a TALL tree:(

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
That is always lot's of fun! Such a pain though when you get close to the top of a TALL tree:( Probably for you :p

It's also not fun when they are tangled badly

lepfan
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I have talked my daughter into being ok with me putting up those 3 little (different sized) fake trees...instead of our big tree. I am trying to 'stage' my house to show and a big ol' Christmas tree is not in the stage plans! :)

stangGirl2007
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Probably for you :p

It's also not fun when they are tangled badly

lol THANKS!:p

I don't mind putting the lights on.. but putting all of the braches on is a PAIN since our tree is SO old ( some of the colors have faded of the tips):rolleyes:

carter08
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Artificial
Pre-lit Tree

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
lol THANKS!:p

I don't mind putting the lights on.. but putting all of the braches on is a PAIN since our tree is SO old ( some of the colors have faded of the tips):rolleyes: That definately sucks. Yall should buy a new one after christmas at wal-mart. You can get a good one for like 30-50 bucks on post christmas sales.

crzyjournalist03
12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Mine is a real fake tree purchased from Walmart!

stangGirl2007
12-04-2006, 06:00 PM
That definately sucks. Yall should buy a new one after christmas at wal-mart. You can get a good one for like 30-50 bucks on post christmas sales.

Yeah that's a good idea.. we really need a new one!

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah that's a good idea.. we really need a new one! Also all the decorations that are left will be on sale for like $5 or less so you can get new ones for your new tree also.

MHSvarsity2007
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/AmyJ1407/000_0008.jpg

thats our tree...my mom doesn't like those big trees for some reason so she got this skinny, artifical, pre-lit tree hahaha

pdeuce
12-05-2006, 02:08 AM
i have a sweet small pre-lit metallic purple tree.

Boosty_Hondo
12-05-2006, 02:18 AM
a fake one