Rabbit'93
08-29-2003, 10:51 PM
WOW is right. Congrats on the HUGE win.

sinton66
08-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :D

Chris Hart
08-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Burnet clicked on all cylinders tonight. The two questions I had going in were answered tonight. The defense and Offensive line were both dominant. McGee spread the ball around really well, with Cody Warner, Jordan Shipley, Clay Jetton and Gable Bostic catching TD passes. McGee ran for a score and Shipley ran back the most amazing punt return I have ever witnessed, it was simply awesome. I don't know if the Bulldogs can play this good every week, but they had an outstanding performance tonight. The running game wasthe only part of Burnet's game that I wouldn't give an A, but it was still good. Way To Go Bulldogs! :)

Rabbit'93
08-29-2003, 10:57 PM
I think everyone knew Burnet would be tough but this is ridiculous.

HotDawg89
08-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Whew... I am so glad I was wrong. That was the most tremendous game! I knew we had a huge amount of talent, but I was a little worried after seeing that scrimmage last weekend... our team really came together for this game. It is going to be a great season for Burnet!

James Buce was awesome- and Cody Warner made some huge plays! It isn't only going to be a McGee and Shipley thing this season- we have more talent in key areas... and far more depth this year than last in my opinion! Being able to pull key starters out in the 3rd quarter and still hold Reagan down ought to say a lot.

Damn it was a great game! I can't wait till next week! After seeing my dogs play, I can tell you there won't be another doubt.

Old Dog
08-29-2003, 11:14 PM
Gov. Perry was at the game to watch the future Aggie, McGee! He certainly was not disappointed. McGee was so darn accurate....as said before the OL deserves credit for giving him time.

WR Cody Warner sure showed he can take the pressure off Shipley. While Regagan was doubling up on Shipley, Warner ripped them a new one going deep. Even at that, Shipley had several spectacular runs after grabbing the ball.

Kuhn was vicious at LB, while the other LBs (Field, Mock and Buce) were all over the field. Also did anyone notice how 220 lb. DL, Salivar ran down one of Reagans HB's?

Burnet Dawg06
08-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Yeah they did great tonight, I got my picture taken with Rick Perry, lol.

HotDawg89
08-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Yeah, the game was so great, I forgot about the Governor being there. Did you notice he had on his Aggie colors? I heard he came to see McGee play.

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that ..."BURNET HAS A KICKER!!!" Tom Field did a great job tonight too! The whole team was awesome.

spaniard
08-29-2003, 11:41 PM
man, the raiders put the stink in stinkbait in this game. hehe, our guys played pretty stinkin well. i am curious, why wasnt rountree playing tonight? i noticed that his left ankle(i think it was the left one) was taped pretty heavily, im not sure if that was the reasoning behind that or if he lost his position. i know hes a great lb, but i dont know if someone beat him out, our lbs this year are off the hizzy! hehe, anywhoo, thisll be my only game ill be able to be at till homecoming, so im gonna depend on you guys for updates for the next few weeks. yall take care and behave!

Chris Hart
08-29-2003, 11:51 PM
spaniard, Roundtree WAS out due to injury.

j_dog
08-30-2003, 12:21 AM
Congratulations Burnet. Jasper fans would have been surprised with anything less.

spaniard
08-30-2003, 12:37 AM
Chris Hart:
spaniard, Roundtree WAS out due to injury.ok, that clears up a lot. i wasnt totally for sure.

bulldog65
08-30-2003, 06:53 AM
Congrats on a big,big win!!! I hope to see you in December!

BurnetBulldog
08-30-2003, 12:11 PM
Excellent game...

No surprises from McGee or Shipley. What did stand out this year was the strength of the Defense and the entrie WR corp. This will help open up the offense that much more and take pressure off of the running game. Which I think is the one place they need to work on. Ball handling and the ability to break open for a big gain is needed. In order for Burnet to go the distance they'll need to have Levens improve very quickly. I saw him last yr as a backup to Miller and he was very good so his potential is high. I definitely predict more running in the next game. I don't think there is any doubt about the passing game.

HotDawg89
08-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Yeah, Levens needs some sticky on his hands! hahaha! He will do well this year though. I keep thinking of a movie I saw once, it may have been "The Program," where they made this kid that kept fumbling the ball carry his ball with him at all times for an entire week. That came to mind last night... but I saw the picture in the paper of one of his turnovers, and I don't know how they manage to EVER hold onto the ball. He really took a hit. I think Levens has HUGE potential this year and his heart is there where it needs to be.

RBARKER
08-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Wow that is an outstanding performance. Burnet Fans feal lucky you will have a great team to follow this year. Good luck on your season. Who in 3A is going to stop this train?????

SWTdawg
08-30-2003, 02:29 PM
I can tell you for sure that Levens won't be dropping any balls now. I am actually his brother and he has already begun to hold on to the ball(sleeping, and eating cereal). He was pretty embarressed with his fumbling performance but overall he was pleased, once they put the sticky on his hands, jk!!!

Get ready for Gatesville now...they will put up a better fight than Reagan did. I would also look for there to be more of a running game next week.

BurnetBulldog
08-30-2003, 07:26 PM
no doubt he's beating up himself over this...no doubts about his potential...but if he doesn't hang on to the ball I'm putting myself in...j/k...not worried. Levens will put up some big numbers this year.

SintonFan
08-31-2003, 03:02 AM
Congratulations Burnet! I hope to see you play at the Bandera game. Does anyone know how big the Bandera stadium is? Just curious...

BurnetBulldog
08-31-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm guessing most visitor sides won't be big enough to accomodate the Burnet crowd. As Burnet continues to win expect more and more to follow.

espn1
08-31-2003, 10:21 PM
Bandera's visitor side holds like 7 people. I'll be there very early.