PDA

View Full Version : WILD CARD GOTW: Giddings vs Liberty Hill

buffpride
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
I have been looking forward to seeing this matchup, hoping it would happen, and now it's here.

Two groundpounders battling it out at the "Palace". Can't get much better than that.

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
i say LH

catman
12-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I voted for Liberty Hill. Giddings will have to air it out to beat the Panthers and they haven't had much practice at doing that.

wedo
12-03-2006, 10:44 PM
If LH can stop the TANK they can stop anyone! LH by 14

footballgal
12-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Go Panthers!:clap:

Dogs_21
12-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I think Giddings will win this one...Liberty Hill is a good team and all but I just think that the Buffs have to much team speed. They just dont need to turn the ball over and they will be fine.

pirate4state
12-04-2006, 01:55 AM
ALL THE WAY PANTHERS!!!

marlin fan
12-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ALL THE WAY PANTHERS!!! u commin to the game?

pirate4state
12-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
u commin to the game? Yep!! :)

Eagles52
12-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by wedo
If LH can stop the TANK they can stop anyone! LH by 14

I don't even know what you're talking about there, but I'll bet Fitzhenry and Co. are at least as tough to stop. I hope LH has a fast, disciplined defense...Just curious, do they have anyone who would be fast enough to catch Fitzhenry from behind like Earl Thomas was able to do for WOS?

StreetBobcat
12-04-2006, 02:54 AM
These two teams are just too evenly matched.... I predict a 30 - 30 tie with Giddings coming out on top in OT...their defense is suppose to be better so I'm believing defense's wins championships/games.

rundoe
12-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Liberty Hill's defence is as good as anyones. The offence knows how to control the ball and find the goal line.

The Panthers will be there to play, and to win.

Darren
12-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Go get them Buffs....

Giddings by 10.

I think that this game will be about avoiding the turnovers. Liberty Hill is a good team and will be one of the best we have played all season. But Giddings has stood up to some big test so far this season (Wimberley, WOS, La Vega) and hopefully this experience will help them through LH as well.

rundoe
12-04-2006, 09:02 AM
How did the Tank wind up in this thread, good grief.

necks_c/09
12-04-2006, 09:18 AM
It just semms to me that Lh is too 1 dimensional but then again nobody has been able to "STOP" them and Giddings D will be able to "SLOW" them down and this fitzhenry kid will put up some points.

Giddings......and i dont know why b/c Lh may win it....should be a good game...

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
It just semms to me that Lh is too 1 dimensional
In our defense, I honestly don't think Liberty Hill is any more one dimensional than Giddings.

buff4ever
12-04-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree if running alone is one dimensional, then both teams are one dimensional. However, in the way of running, neither team is one dimensional.

I obviously picked the buffs, our defense will win the battle between the two defenses. Expect a great game here. Should pack the house.

Defense wins championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buffpride
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I was in attendance at the LH/Sweeny game and have to comment on how well disciplined the coaches have the players. Seeing all the t-shirts with "one heart, one beat, one team" (I think that is what they said) was very evident of what it stood for as the team came off and on the field. A classy bunch of kids and a classy bunch of fans. I was able to enjoy a few conversations with the LH fans, a friendly group of folks.

I know that this week we are in battle with one another so things may be a little different but what a classy group of people.

Good luck to both teams! May the best team win.

GO BUFFS GO!!!!!!!!

GreenMachine
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I think sooner or later someone will be able to stop the Giddings qb and I think this may be the week. That coupled with LH's methodical offense controlling the ball should be enough to keep the Giddings offense off the field and allow LH to win this ballgame, setting up a much anticipated rematch with Wimberley.

Darren
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I think sooner or later someone will be able to stop the Giddings qb and I think this may be the week. That coupled with LH's methodical offense controlling the ball should be enough to keep the Giddings offense off the field and allow LH to win this ballgame, setting up a much anticipated rematch with Wimberley.

Hopefully later than sooner...

buffalo booster
12-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Giddings D did not look too impressive last week. Waco LV scored 28. LH has an as good, if not better, offense. Gotta figure they will score at least 28, as well. I'll even add a FG, giving them 31.

But, I don't see the LH defense holding back the Stampede. Giddings will score at least 5 TD's, maybe more. Final score 35-31, Buffaloes.

Both teams will score; the team with the fewest mistakes, turnovers, etc. will win in a close game.

rundoe
12-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I wish I had a nickle for every time I have heard that the Liberty Hill defense can't stop someone.

I'd be able to pay for my tickets all the way to the state playoffs and have a big steak dinner afterwards.
Rundoe

sicem74
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
honestly yall this game will go to liberty hill not because i dnt like the buffs i mean look just give the ball to allman,post, and bode and keep driving it down giddings throat make them tired and win the game. o ya and stop fitzhenry (the team) i mean the quarterback lol na but good luck liberty hill rep the 18-3a and win it all.

bet dat

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
good luck liberty hill rep the 18-3a and win it all.

bet dat
:thumbsup:

:kiss: bet dat

firstcat
12-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
I was in attendance at the LH/Sweeny game and have to comment on how well disciplined the coaches have the players. Seeing all the t-shirts with "one heart, one beat, one team" (I think that is what they said) was very evident of what it stood for as the team came off and on the field. A classy bunch of kids and a classy bunch of fans. I was able to enjoy a few conversations with the LH fans, a friendly group of folks.

I know that this week we are in battle with one another so things may be a little different but what a classy group of people.

Good luck to both teams! May the best team win.

GO BUFFS GO!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much! LH fans have been given some undeserved bad press on some message boards lately, and I really appreciate you posting your experience.
I also was able to visit with some Giddings students who were at our game and they too were class acts.
I am looking forward to the most exciting match-up we've had all year. Good luck, and I wish your team the best (well, maybe just second-best in this one)
;)

tiger_94
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
honestly yall this game will go to liberty hill not because i dnt like the buffs I love that logic sicem

buff4ever
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't know what bad press ya'll have had lately, but I am sure it was undeserved. I haven't heard anything bad about liberty hill except that Cuero doesn't like you and us b/c we are one dimensional. AREN'T THEY AT HOME? It will be a fast battle this saturday, and very entertaining for a couple of one dimensional teams (since my sarcasm on the one dimensional).

On a different subject, just a shout out to those who didn't read my other thread on this topic. Brock is not our "Team". He is an exceptional athlete and runner, that has been extremely difficult and sometimes impossible for teams to stop, but we have others that are exceptional as well. Maybe not able to match fitzhenry, but I don't think that anyone that has had to stop them enjoyed it either. Ask WOS or anyone else we have played how it feels to get ran over by jarmon, or lose their jock to b johnson, or miss the fact that c bradley had the ball when he quickly slipped through the line. With others back there as well at times, who have also been successful. Brock may score more and gain more yards than these guys, but that's the offense. Untill you stop him you don't get to find out how good the others are. WOS found out. No one else has contained brock much at all.

This game will be a classic, and I kinda expect both defenses to step up more than everyone expects. Turn over will hurt someone in this game, they will then say that's why they lost all over this board, and everyone else will say it's a part of the game. It is, you don't win it all making mistakes all the way there. THEY ARE HOWEVER A PART OF THE GAME.

TexanAlum_06
12-04-2006, 06:54 PM
nm

TexanAlum_06
12-04-2006, 06:55 PM
LH must control the game with their offense... make long drives for points and keep Fitzhenry and the hulk (Jarmon) off the field. If they can do that I think they will win. The game will already be short as is. so I dont see the score getting over 30 unless one team has a total breakdown on defense. One clear cut advantage Giddings has is on kick and punt return. They have the speed back there to break a big one. so watch out for that.

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ALL THE WAY PANTHERS!!! ditto

LH Panther Mom
12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Ask WOS or anyone else we have played how it feels to lose their jock to b johnson
Well, we definitely won't have that problem. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Not so fast my friend, this game will come down to special teams.

manormustangs
12-04-2006, 07:38 PM
both teams are really good and ive been a fan for both teams so i will not put a prediction on this score ..all i know is that one of these two teams will win the state title

Eagles52
12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I predict a 350+ yard 4 or 5 TD performance by Fitzhenry in a 21 point victory for Giddings.

Eagles52
12-04-2006, 09:48 PM
I was just kidding, I expect a close game. I'll pick Giddings because they're my team, and they've come up on the winning side against every other opponent that they've played (including some very good ones). Go Buffs!

buff4life
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
honestly yall this game will go to liberty hill not because i dnt like the buffs i mean look just give the ball to allman,post, and bode and keep driving it down giddings throat make them tired and win the game. o ya and stop fitzhenry (the team) i mean the quarterback lol na but good luck liberty hill rep the 18-3a and win it all.

bet dat

charles you have to be joking right...and you gotta lose the bet dat...it never works

But neway I attended the LH/Sweeny and the LH/Crockett game and the fans at both games were extremely social...i count count the number who came up to us and congratulated us on the win over WOS and wished us good luck...but as we were walking out of the Sweeny game many fans yelled that they were ready for us and stuff in a good natured manner but i still thought it was motivating for us

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
I hope LH has a fast, disciplined defense...Just curious, do they have anyone who would be fast enough to catch Fitzhenry from behind like Earl Thomas was able to do for WOS?
I've never seen Earl Thomas on the field, so I can't compare how fast any of our players are to him. I can tell you that they're disciplined. My question for you is does Giddings have anyone fast enough to catch Bode once he gets in the open field? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2006, 07:40 AM
I like Giddings in this game just because they have done nothing but quiet the critics the entire season.

From them being one dimentional to they can't get past WOS.

The only way to beat the Buffs is to out score them.

LH is not going to stop the stampede.

The Buffs have a solid defense and that is what wins championships.

Gidding 38
Liberty Hill 28

I don't even know what you're talking about there, but I'll bet Fitzhenry and Co. are at least as tough to stop. I hope LH has a fast, disciplined defense...Just curious, do they have anyone who would be fast enough to catch Fitzhenry from behind like Earl Thomas was able to do for WOS?

What do you mean.

Lee told me that the only reason Earl was able to catch Brock was because he was warding off tacklers and Earl had a good angle.

I really don't know many who can run him down from behind with out a real good angle of some sort.

Hey 52 are you going to the game.

I know most of our crew is going to be there.

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
What do you mean.

Lee told me that the only reason Earl was able to catch Brock was because he was warding off tacklers and Earl had a good angle.

I really don't know if many who can run him down from behind with out a real good angle of some sort.

I know most of our crew is going to be there. I would imagine Earl Thomas could run Brock down. Hell he is going to Texas to play football.

LHPfactory
12-05-2006, 08:21 AM
).

On a different subject, just a shout out to those who didn't read my other thread on this topic. Brock is not our "Team". He is an exceptional athlete and runner, that has been extremely difficult and sometimes impossible for teams to stop, but we have others that are exceptional as well. Maybe not able to match fitzhenry, but I don't think that anyone that has had to stop them enjoyed it either. Ask WOS or anyone else we have played how it feels to get ran over by jarmon, or lose their jock to b johnson, or miss the fact that c bradley had the ball when he quickly slipped through the line. With others back there as well at times, who have also been successful. Brock may score more and gain more yards than these guys, but that's the offense. Untill you stop him you don't get to find out how good the others are. WOS found out. No one else has contained brock much at all.

This game will be a classic, and I kinda expect both defenses to step up more than everyone expects. Turn over will hurt someone in this game, they will then say that's why they lost all over this board, and everyone else will say it's a part of the game. It is, you don't win it all making mistakes all the way there. THEY ARE HOWEVER A PART OF THE GAME.

I watched Giddings play WOS and I will say that the Brock is good but he is not the whole team. They have a great team with numerous athletes. Its an insult to the kids on the Giddings team to say that Fitzhenry is the whole team. All of those kids play their hearts out: The O-line, the D, and the other backs. Give those kids some credit, the Buffs are not 13-0 because of a one man show.

In response to the last post, Earl Thomas didnt run him down, He had a hold of the back of Brocks britches when he was making cuts and just before he broke, He almost broke free. Brock drug Earl a good ways before protecting the ball and going down. I remember that play.

All that being said, No one on Giddings can run down Bode from behind, LH wins this one........:clap:

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I watched Giddings play WOS and I will say that the Brock is good but he is not the whole team. They have a great team with numerous athletes. Its an insult to the kids on the Giddings team to say that Fitzhenry is the whole team. All of those kids play their hearts out: The O-line, the D, and the other backs. Give those kids some credit, the Buffs are not 13-0 because of a one man show.

In response to the last post, Earl Thomas didnt run him down, He had a hold of the back of Brocks britches when he was making cuts and just before he broke, He almost broke free. Brock drug Earl a good ways before protecting the ball and going down. I remember that play. Of course Brock isn't the whole team!!!!!:mad:

However, Brock is the whole offense :p:)

buff4ever
12-05-2006, 09:09 AM
this tiget wr guy has got to go. he just doesn't get it, I wish that rockdale would have scheduled us this year so we could have shut this guy up. They were scared of having the score run up on them, so they declined. Then we have to schedule houston kashmere. (just what i have heard from descent sources)

And Giddings does have several like I will be bold enough to say 5 or 6 guys on defense that can run down bode. Unfortunately for giddings that doesn't mean we win the game, or else we would be here right now. We still have to play an almost mistake free football game at this deep in the playoffs. that is what it is all about. Everyone left is a great football team, the winners make the less mistakes. MISTAKES ARE ALSO SOMETIMES FORCED.

buff4ever
12-05-2006, 09:13 AM
SORRY, typo, i meant to say or we wouldn't be here right now, b/c WOS walked us down 3 times on big plays.

Old Tiger
12-05-2006, 09:14 AM
this tiget wr guy has got to go. he just doesn't get it, I wish that rockdale would have scheduled us this year so we could have shut this guy up. They were scared of having the score run up on them, so they declined. Then we have to schedule houston kashmere. (just what i have heard from descent sources) lol, simmer down young one! :) It was a joke look at the smilies. Brandon and Devon are damn good runningbacks. then you got Dunk on the o-line holding it down. Shoot then we go to the defensive side the ball you got Alan Dock and that Bradley kid. both of them are damn good. I know who giddings has on their team I just like to get people like you riled up over it.

Oh yea I don't play for Rockdale it wouldn't of hurt my feelings. ;)

LHPfactory
12-05-2006, 09:23 AM

And Giddings does have several like I will be bold enough to say 5 or 6 guys on defense that can run down bode.

You just lost credability with me, No Way, Cuero couldnt do it, and they are faster than Giddings (Ive seen both play). Bold should be replaced with foolish..... ;) (You dont catch players like Brock and Bode from behind in the open field, you contain them before they get there!)

buff4ever
12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
and you put bode in the same speed category as fitzhenry, I watched bode get caught by sweeney, and they were not as fast defensively as giddings. You haven't seen anyone big play giddings by pulling away or out running us outside.

buff4ever
12-05-2006, 09:44 AM
that said, he is a great running back and is not slow.

Darren
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've never seen Earl Thomas on the field, so I can't compare how fast any of our players are to him. I can tell you that they're disciplined. My question for you is does Giddings have anyone fast enough to catch Bode once he gets in the open field? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Not sure....

Darren
12-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Of course Brock isn't the whole team!!!!!:mad:

However, Brock is the whole offense :p:)

Disagree....... Jarmon and Johnson are big time players.

I am going out on a limb here but Giddings best player is ALAN DOCK

Darren
12-05-2006, 10:15 AM

Not sure....

Eagles52
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
I like Giddings in this game just because they have done nothing but quiet the critics the entire season.

From them being one dimentional to they can't get past WOS.

The only way to beat the Buffs is to out score them.

LH is not going to stop the stampede.

The Buffs have a solid defense and that is what wins championships.

Gidding 38
Liberty Hill 28

What do you mean.

I really don't know many who can run him down from behind with out a real good angle of some sort.

I know most of our crew is going to be there.

I didn't get to go to that game, but everyone states pretty plainly and no one else argues with the statement that Thomas caught him from behind. I'd believe your source though, for sure. There aren't many who can run him down, but I'm thinking hard on it...its that or hunting with my dad...so I'm feeling torn

rb585
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
This should be a great one. There will be a total two passes thrown all game and it will be finished in less than 2 hours.

Giddings has had the better season, but I'm not sure they didn't peak too early. LH looks like they're improving every week, especially their defense.

This is basically a coin flip, but forced to choose, I'll go with Giddings just because Fitzhenry is the best player in the game. Everyone all season has game-planned to stop him, but he has put up absolutely sick numbers even against really good teams -- 251 vs. Wimberley, 277 vs. Bellville, 382 (!!!) against Wharton, 313 last week. Saying "all we have to do is stop Fitzhenry" makes about as much sense as saying "all I have to do is flap my arms hard enough and I'll be able to fly."

Someone earlier predicted 33-30. That's the kind of score I see in this game too, with a 51% chance that Giddings has the 33.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Liberty Hill is a VERY good team, and definitely can beat Giddings. But to do so, Giddings is going to have to play less than their best game. Now, one of two ways they can play "less than there best game"...either they come out flat (doubtful), or LH forces them to play less than their best with their defense and ball controlling offense. Plus, LH must NOT make mistakes...they are prone to putting the ball on the ground a few times a game...they cant do it in this game.

With this said, I dont think the "planets will align" for Liberty Hill to win. I WANT them to win in one way (would like to play LH again), but I really want to play Giddings again....we owe them. And of course, we must get through Hondo first.

Giddings 43
LIberty Hill 35

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rb585
This should be a great one. There will be a total two passes thrown all game and it will be finished in less than 2 hours.

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Giddings 43
LIberty Hill 35
43-35 in less than 2 hours? :eek: :eek: :eek: Can anyone say track meet?

Ranger Mom
12-05-2006, 11:04 AM
GO PANTHERS!!!

catman
12-05-2006, 11:10 AM
I have good news for the Panthers. It is rumored that Gsquared will be in attendance at the game and sitting with the Buffaloes. This could spell doom for Giddings if the curse holds true.

wimbo_pro
12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
hahahahaha@CatMan....I plan to attend as well. Yes, I think it will be a high scoring game, but not as quick of a game as some are saying. There IS such a thing as out of bounds (Giddings does run outside a lot, and hopefully LH will force them out many times), plus...there WILL be some passing in this game.

catman
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I really believe that Giddings will have to pass the ball to win this game. Liberty Hill will win the rushing battle saturday.

I believe that Wimberley would beat Giddings in a rematch but I don't think that game will be played.

Liberty Hill 35
Giddings 34

TexanAlum_06
12-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Im positive Someone on the giddings defense can run down Bode. He is a great RB and does have some good speed but hes not a reggie bush. Buse is faster then him. but not by much. well why dont we ask the cuero fans... who do yall think is faster Buse or Bode?

GreenMachine
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Well I don't know who is faster, and no offense to Bode because he is a great back, but if I'm choosing sides there is no way I pass on Buse. That kid is an animal. Combination of speed, determination, and toughness. Our defensive backs just bounced off of him and he didn't appear to lose stride.

LHPfactory
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Im positive Someone on the giddings defense can run down Bode. He is a great RB and does have some good speed but hes not a reggie bush. Buse is faster then him. but not by much. well why dont we ask the cuero fans... who do yall think is faster Buse or Bode?

I never said he is a Reggie Bush, but Bode ran an 86 yarder against Cuero, I think that was around the total yards for Buse against Cuero. Get your facts before you make foolish statements like that , in open field it would be close between the two, however, Buse was never able to bust a real big one against Cuero like Bode did. And im sure Brock could dust both of em.

Buse is probably the most versitile athlete I have seen in the past few years. If I could choose between Buse and Brock to play with the panthers I would take Buse hands down (He would probably have 3000 yards with our offense). :) :)

TexanAlum_06
12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah but teams can gameplan on Buse and slow him down tremendously if they have the talent to.(like cuero). but he eventually will wear you down. He is great but theres only so much you can do when you have 3 or 4 guys spying you every play. and he still will break loose over time. Bode on the other hand doesnt have that problem. because defenses must worry about allman, post and perrin as well. but we could sit here for hours on end arguing about whos better and what not but I guess we will just leave it as they are both outstanding RB's and atheletes. Though I alwaz wondered what kinda of numbers Buse would have in a LH style offense?

LHPfactory
12-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Agreed

Darren
12-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Wimberley and LH played right???

GreenMachine
12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I never said he is a Reggie Bush, but Bode ran an 86 yarder against Cuero, I think that was around the total yards for Buse against Cuero. Get your facts before you make foolish statements like that , in open field it would be close between the two, however, Buse was never able to bust a real big one against Cuero like Bode did. And im sure Brock could dust both of em.

Buse is probably the most versitile athlete I have seen in the past few years. If I could choose between Buse and Brock to play with the panthers I would take Buse hands down (He would probably have 3000 yards with our offense). :) :) The reason Bode broke that big one against us was that it was a quick hitting play and all of our players were close to the line of scrimage. Before the db's knew what happened he was by them at full speed and when they turned and got up to speed, it was too late. The same exact play, with the same blocking, and Buse running, the results would be the same. I saw them BOTH first hand and I don't think that either one of them is much faster, if any, than the other one...but Buse is the better back IMHO. :)

Darren
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
The reason Bode broke that big one against us was that it was a quick hitting play and all of our players were close to the line of scrimage. Before the db's knew what happened he was by them at full speed and when they turned and got up to speed, it was too late. The same exact play, with the same blocking, and Buse running, the results would be the same. I saw them BOTH first hand and I don't think that either one of them is much faster, if any, than the other one...but Buse is the better back IMHO. :)

Lets just say that they are both good.

EAGLETOWN
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
In response to the last post, Earl Thomas didnt run him down, He had a hold of the back of Brocks britches when he was making cuts and just before he broke, He almost broke free. Brock drug Earl a good ways before protecting the ball and going down. I remember that play.

This is about the way I heard it.

GreenMachine
12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Lets just say that they are both good. I did :)

LHMom
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Wimberley and LH played right???

Yes - in week 4. It was down to the wire... with Wimberley coming out on top in the last couple of minutes of the game. (Don't go jumpin' on me - I don't remember EXACTLY.)

TexanAlum_06
12-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I think we scored with like 43 seconds remaining. and LH got the ball back.

tigerpride_08
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
i think this one will be very very close...but just like last week i don't know enough about LH to go against Giddings...so i say Buffs...

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i think this one will be very very close...but just like last week i don't know enough about LH to go against Giddings...so i say Buffs...
Cool! It "worked" last week for us. :D (Just try not to learn about us, so you won't start picking "for" us. ;) )

tigerpride_08
12-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Cool! It "worked" last week for us. :D (Just try not to learn about us, so you won't start picking "for" us. ;) )

haha that's true...but i dunno...i wouldn't mind to hear that ya'll win either...;)

strosfan
12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I haven't seen Liberty Hill play this year, but I do know they have a lot of talent. I also heard that they have excellent coaching.
I think Giddings has a better defense though. And that may be the difference.

This will be a great game! Hope to see an injury free game. Good luck to both teams!

catman
12-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I have seen all 4 of the teams left in 3A Division2, Regions 3 & 4. They are all very good teams and anything is possible,but I would rank them thusly---

1. Wimberley
2. Liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Hondo

The games I saw them in---

Giddings/Wimberley
Cuero/Liberty Hill
Wimberley/Liberty Hill
Giddings/Bellville
Hondo/Devine
Giddings/WOS
Wimberley/Cuero
Hondo/Orange Grove

buff4life
12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by catman
I have seen all 4 of the teams left in 3A Division2, Regions 3 & 4. They are all very good teams and anything is possible,but I would rank them thusly---

1. Wimberley
2. Liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Hondo

Giddings/Wimberley
Cuero/Liberty Hill
Wimberley/Liberty Hill
Giddings/Bellville
Hondo/Devine
Giddings/WOS
Wimberley/Cuero
Hondo/Orange Grove

we'll see if your opinion holds up....

strosfan
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM

1. Wimberley
2. Liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Hondo

Giddings/Wimberley
Cuero/Liberty Hill
Wimberley/Liberty Hill
Giddings/Bellville
Hondo/Devine
Giddings/WOS
Wimberley/Cuero
Hondo/Orange Grove

I guess when Giddings beat Wimberley early in the season that doesn't count for much? Although I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between the two. What makes you think LH is better than Giddings? I would think they are fairly evenly matched offensively. And Giddings having the edge defensively. I do think one of your top 3 will win it all. just my opinion

catman
12-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by strosfan
I guess when Giddings beat Wimberley early in the season that doesn't count for much? Although I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch between the two. What makes you think LH is better than Giddings? I would think they are fairly evenly matched offensively. And Giddings having the edge defensively. I do think one of your top 3 will win it all. just my opinion

It is my opinion that the Wimberley team that Giddings beat in week 0 would not be the same team Giddings would see in a rematch. Wimberley was poorly prepared in that first game and has since improved weekly.

Giddings and LH are very evenly matched. I see LH as having the better rushing game though. I think it is a matter of matchups. They will control the ball more, barring turnovers. Giddings has the better pass defense of the two. Giddings will need to pass the ball some to get the win.

Eagles52
12-06-2006, 12:47 AM
It is my opinion that the Wimberley team that Giddings beat in week 0 would not be the same team Giddings would see in a rematch. Wimberley was poorly prepared in that first game and has since improved weekly.

Giddings and LH are very evenly matched. I see LH as having the better rushing game though. I think it is a matter of matchups. They will control the ball more, barring turnovers. Giddings has the better pass defense of the two. Giddings will need to pass the ball some to get the win.

I don't know what makes you say that Giddings will have to pass the ball to win. If they didn't have to pass to beat WOS, or any of the other great teams they have played, it seems unlikely that they'd have to change their offensive philosophy to win this game. I guess you're saying, in effect, that LH has the best defense and overall team that Giddings has played to this point. We'll see if you are correct in the end.

Darren
12-06-2006, 08:06 AM

1. Wimberley
2. Liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Hondo

So do you just think that Wimberley has gotten that much better and that Giddings hasn't improved much? Just curious becuase you have Wimberley ranked above Giddings.

Darren
12-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Forget the previous question I can see that you have already answered it.

buff4ever
12-06-2006, 09:33 AM
I guess we giddings folk are a little bias, but catman, I can't quite figure your logic. I understand that wimberly is a different team (giddings has not remained at the same level either). And I don't know how you could watch the wimberly game and WOS game and rank us third on this list. WOS was way more talented than wimberly or liberty hill and were very well coached. Granted different teams have different methods, which cause different types of match ups. Giddings was 2 big plays in less than a minute for wimberly (mental breakdowns on giddings part, that we haven't made much of since in the same way) from shutting them out. Wimberly doesn't have a way still to shut down our offense, LH has already shown that, I think untill proven wrong, given the season thus far at a minumum you would have us in front of wimberly. I personnally give LH a lot of credit on their discipline and how coachable they are, but still with their losses to wimberly and cuero I would have them just behind giddings untill proven wrong.

WHO KNOWS? I am obviously bias, but I think that your rankings were skewed as well in some way of bias. Probably just hoping against giddings, DON'T KNOW? That is why I am glad the game is decided on the field, and that nothing any of us says in here means anything except us trying to make ourselves feel better about the situation at hand.

Joe makes a blow at Jim b/c he hopes his smack talk will convince jim to give up and lose or something.

The one thing I will agree with is that one of your top 3 will end up playing CELINA for the championship. All three would be worthy. I think depending on how each team played and how the turnovers and penalties came down, these three teams could beat each other on any given night. I wish that Celina had someone up there in the other 2 regions they could say that about. It would be a great shock to me if they get upset.

catman
12-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I don't know what makes you say that Giddings will have to pass the ball to win. If they didn't have to pass to beat WOS, or any of the other great teams they have played, it seems unlikely that they'd have to change their offensive philosophy to win this game. I guess you're saying, in effect, that LH has the best defense and overall team that Giddings has played to this point. We'll see if you are correct in the end.

I knew when I posted this that some Giddings supporters would disagree. That is fine. I am just an old guy that travels around and sees a lot of football. I don't support or follow any one team.

I could be completely wrong in my assessment of this game, but there is a reason I think Giddings will have to air out the ball to win. Both teams will have a lot of rushing yards. I just think that Liberty Hill will have more rushing yards, time of possession, and points. I see Liberty Hill ahead in this game in the middle of the fourth quarter, with Giddings having to pass to win. I would certainly not say that Liberty Hill is the best team that Giddings has played this year. I would say though that Giddings does not match up as well against LH as they have other teams.

The glaring variable in this game however is turnovers. If LH puts the ball on the ground and gives the Buffaloes a short field more than once, then the Panthers will most likely lose. This game can go either way and I am looking forward to it. I would like nothing better than to see the game decided on the very last play! I really care not who wins.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Wimberly doesn't have a way still to shut down our offense, LH has already shown that,
Wimberley didn't have a way in week zero, but what exactly does that have to do with what WE have shown? :confused: :confused:

buff4ever
12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
I know where you are coming from, our defense would rather face a spread offense, or a more balance offense than this one. However, you don't give our Defense enough credit. They will come up with a way, Last week agains the size of la vega we ended up 3 and outing them twice towards the end and forcing them to pass right into our trap. Our defense finds ways w/ speed and determination. Our adjustment was not until half last week, I predict the adjustment will be before the game this week. We may not shut liberty hill down, b/c they are too good at what they do for that, but I think to win we slow them down more than they do us. This is not near the fastest defense we will have faced.

buff4ever
12-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Wimberley didn't have a way in week zero, but what exactly does that have to do with what WE have shown?

In response to this, I am just saying that someone aparently neutral with you having 2 losses to our none, and one of them to a team we handled pretty well; I could rank you ahead of the buffs untill you beat them. That is all I was saying.

To be honest, rankings at this point mean nothing, I don't know why catman did that or why I cared to comment. Everyone here deserves so, and anyone can win any given game depending on how the dominoes fall. But if someone was going to spend the time to call a ranking like that there should be some logic.

Eagles52
12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Wimberley didn't have a way in week zero, but what exactly does that have to do with what WE have shown?

In response to this, I am just saying that someone aparently neutral with you having 2 losses to our none, and one of them to a team we handled pretty well; I could rank you ahead of the buffs untill you beat them. That is all I was saying.

To be honest, rankings at this point mean nothing, I don't know why catman did that or why I cared to comment. Everyone here deserves so, and anyone can win any given game depending on how the dominoes fall. But if someone was going to spend the time to call a ranking like that there should be some logic.

I personally agree with your logic here. But what the other people are saying basically is that since this is so late in the playoffs, none of the other stuff matters, and they're going by what they see on the field to say that they think Wimberley will, now, beat any of the other teams if they play.

Darren
12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I guess we could talk about this all day long and not make any head way. I think that Giddings (with the exception of the frist Half of last game) has proven that they can stop or considerably slow down anyone's rushing attack. The size of La Vega's offensive line gave us trouble until the second half. I know this will be a good game but I think that Giddings will be able to contain LH's rushing attack better than other teams have in the past. This will be the difference in my opinion.

If Giddings is forced to pass as some of you have suggested I feel as though Brock will be able to complete them. Against La Vega he threw one on a rope to our WR and it hit him right in the hands and he dropped it.

Assuming that our WR's can hold on to them we should do fine if forced to pass.

TexanAlum_06
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I think Giddings defense will have some success against LH's offense. the only defense known to date that pretty much shutdown LH's offense was our "code red" defense of 05 and 04. we held them to 186 yards last year. and around 350 in 04. both years they were averaging over 450 yards on the ground. reason I bring this up is because Giddings defense has a lot of similarities to wimberleys of the past. outstanding play from the LB's. athletic secondary. solid defensive line. I believe ours was a little better in a few areas. But since this is the first time giddings has faced this offense I dont think they will be able to keep it in check for 4 qaurters. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them start picking up on things in the 2nd half. and making adjustments but we shall see. Turnovers make or break this game. especially for giddings. giddings( from what i noticed ) does a very good job of converting turnovers into points. we all saw it last week against la vega. and they did it to us as well. if im not mistaken. and it usually happens pretty quick. should be one heck of a ballgame!

wimbo_pro
12-06-2006, 06:39 PM
CatMan is being fair and honest in his "opinions". He has probably seen more of these teams than anyone else here on the boards. I think his view is unbiased and straight-forward.

With that said, I will have to disagree with him on LH surviving Giddings. I think Giddings defense will be too much. Sorry Catman!!

By the way, you coming to the Hondo game? What about the LH/Giddings game? Look forward to meeting you again!

catman
12-06-2006, 11:05 PM
CatMan is being fair and honest in his "opinions". He has probably seen more of these teams than anyone else here on the boards. I think his view is unbiased and straight-forward.

With that said, I will have to disagree with him on LH surviving Giddings. I think Giddings defense will be too much. Sorry Catman!!

By the way, you coming to the Hondo game? What about the LH/Giddings game? Look forward to meeting you again!

Thanks for the kind words wimbo_pro. It was nice to have met you last saturday at the Alamodome. I won't be going there friday. I am staying in the metroplex to watch Cisco/Holliday. I will be at the Palace for both games saturday. I plan to be at the DownLow tailgate party in the north parking lot.

You and others have mentioned the key matchup in the LH/Giddings game. That is whether Giddings' defense can contain Liberty Hill's offense somewhat.
None of us know for sure what will happen on the field saturday. I keep remembering that Liberty Hill scored 44 points on Wimberley, more than anyone else this year. This should be a great game. I love old-style smash-mouth football where 2 teams line up and try to run the ball down each other's throat. This one is my GOTW.

LHMom
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
This one is my GOTW.

YEAH BABY! GO PANTHERS!

LHMom
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Well son of a gun. I've been thinking all week about something brilliant I would post for my 1000th post and it slipped up on me! Oh well - what better to be said than "GO PANTHERS!"

Eagles52
12-07-2006, 01:49 AM

I agree that he is being fair and honest. I think he has a different criteria than some of the Giddings posters. He is just looking at what he sees on the field and who he thinks is better. Giddings wants to take into account some earlier season matchups. I can see the logic behind either position. However, LH will have to be far and away the best defensive team that Giddings has played this year if they are going to be able to force the Buffs to pass the ball. The speed and game breaking ability on Giddings' offense makes it a quick score attack, even though it is on the ground. Fitzhenry especially can score on any run from anywhere on the field. He won't be caught if he gets a step in the open field.

LHPfactory
12-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Wish I could make the TG party, but my three oldest boys (8, 6, and 4) have a wrestling tournament (good prep for future linebackers) at Cedar Park HS. Im hoping they will be finished by 1 so we can make the dog fight.

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I agree that he is being fair and honest. I think he has a different criteria than some of the Giddings posters. He is just looking at what he sees on the field and who he thinks is better. Giddings wants to take into account some earlier season matchups. I can see the logic behind either position. However, LH will have to be far and away the best defensive team that Giddings has played this year if they are going to be able to force the Buffs to pass the ball. The speed and game breaking ability on Giddings' offense makes it a quick score attack, even though it is on the ground. Fitzhenry especially can score on any run from anywhere on the field. He won't be caught if he gets a step in the open field.

Agreed, Eagles. LH CAN be the best defense Giddings has seen this year, they have the ability, they have the coaching, they have the will...but it hasnt been consistent all year. Is it in play off shape now? LH will need every bit of it.

On the other side of the ball, Giddings defense WILL be the best defense LH has seen all year. There will be little doubt of that. This is the reason I begrudgingly pick Giddings to win.

LHMom
12-07-2006, 07:29 PM
This is the reason I begrudgingly pick Giddings to win.

WIMBO! How could you?!

sicem74
12-07-2006, 08:46 PM
for giddings you have to stop 1 person and that fitz
and for the panthers u got allman which is a load and hard to bring down and to me he runs harder than jarmon by far, bode has breakaway speed and hard runner, and post which is decent, and you cant forget about the oline, the guys was soo small, made me laugh when i saw em but those guys fire off the rock.
o ya and lattimore is a dock..........times .99.

bet dat

go panthers rep 18-3a

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 08:48 PM
for giddings you have to stop 1 person and that fitz
and for the panthers u got allman which is a load and hard to bring down and to me he runs harder than jarmon by far, bode has breakaway speed and hard runner, and post which is decent, and you cant forget about the oline, the guys was soo small, made me laugh when i saw em but those guys fire off the rock.
o ya and lattimore is a dock..........times 2.

bet dat

go panthers rep 18-3a BET DAT FOOL BET DAT FOR REALZ

c-town_balla
12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
i dont know about latimore bein a dock times 2 mabey a dock times .99 or somthin

Old Tiger
12-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
i dont know about latimore bein a dock times 2 mabey a dock times .99 or somthin Nick you put both of their linemen to shame! lol

sicem74
12-07-2006, 08:55 PM
i dont know about latimore bein a dock times 2 mabey a dock times .99 or somthin
lol happy

wimbo_pro
12-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
WIMBO! How could you?!

I am not saying I HOPE Giddings wins (though we would love to meet them again), I am just saying I gotta go with them if I were a betting man, which I am!

By the way, to compare Lattimore TODAY to Dock is ridiculous. Dock is bigger, faster, stronger and more experienced....only because he is OLDER. Lattimore will be a great talent as a he gets older.

sabre1
12-07-2006, 10:38 PM

I see that C-Town education is working out for you.

KTJ
12-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Can I get updates since I can't make this game?

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Can I get updates since I can't make this game?
I'll send you some. :kiss:

gobbler grad
12-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Sure would like to make this one...good luck to both teams and let me hear that cowbell...:cheerl: :cheerl:

westexasfball87
12-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
I have been looking forward to seeing this matchup, hoping it would happen, and now it's here.

Two groundpounders battling it out at the "Palace". Can't get much better than that. Tear em up Liberty Hill

buff4life
12-08-2006, 06:32 PM
GO BUFFS!!

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Game day, boys. Time to strap 'em on. All of your fans know what kind of TEAM you are. Your coaches know what kind of TEAM you are. You know what kind of TEAM you are. Now it's time for you to prove to Giddings and the rest of the state what kind of TEAM you are. Hit 'em hard and hit 'em often.

HOLD THE ROPE, BOYS! GO PANTHERS!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

JakefootballGOD
12-09-2006, 12:53 PM
is anyone gonna be streaming this on the net?

Lonestars06
12-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey I looked on 1300AM the Zone. It says they will broadcast, but don't know about the stream, I have to wait till gametime.

UTatx
12-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Lets go Buffs!!! Its game time

JakefootballGOD
12-09-2006, 02:03 PM
any streaming news yet?

JakefootballGOD
12-09-2006, 02:21 PM
anything new here