PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffaloes and the USC effect...

Milk That Cow
12-03-2006, 09:14 PM
My Buffs have won Back-to-Back Intense, Emotional, High Energy Playoff Games...

They have Playmakers on Offense and Defense and are Well Coached.

The same could be said for the two teams they just played...

It came down to a few plays in either game. Win and the Championship Dream is Alive. Lose and pick up the Basketballs...

Now, they have to answer the bell again this week in a Great Liberty Hill football team.

I am as worried about this game as any to date, because of the grind of anwering the Bell each Week in Region 3.

Just like USC won a stretch with Cal, Oregon, and Notre Dame, but they slipped up against UCLA because the grind got to them...

I'm hoping My Buffs can stay fresh and relaxed and answer the bell Again in Round Rock...

All this to say, Region 3 is By Far the toughest path to the State Championship, and this Year it proves itself Again...

Three More Games....

And a Lifetime of Memories...

Milk That Cow
12-09-2006, 11:44 PM
After watching the game today, my fears were realized...

The Buffs looked tired and lethargic...

They kinda woke up in the second half, but I really believe the last two ballgames Took A Lot out of them...

Liberty Hill deserved to win, but Giddings had an unbelievably tough stretch of games in Region 3 to try and bring the Championship back to Lee County...

What happened to USC in playing those back-to-back games caught up with them against UCLA...

Playing those tough, intense, nail biter, loser plays basketball games against WOS and LaVega caught up with them against Liberty Hill....

But, that's just my humble opinion...

rundoe
12-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
My Buffs have won Back-to-Back Intense, Emotional, High Energy Playoff Games...

They have Playmakers on Offense and Defense and are Well Coached.

The same could be said for the two teams they just played...

It came down to a few plays in either game. Win and the Championship Dream is Alive. Lose and pick up the Basketballs...

Now, they have to answer the bell again this week in a Great Liberty Hill football team.

I am as worried about this game as any to date, because of the grind of anwering the Bell each Week in Region 3.

Just like USC won a stretch with Cal, Oregon, and Notre Dame, but they slipped up against UCLA because the grind got to them...

I'm hoping My Buffs can stay fresh and relaxed and answer the bell Again in Round Rock...

All this to say, Region 3 is By Far the toughest path to the State Championship, and this Year it proves itself Again...

Three More Games....

And a Lifetime of Memories...

OK, For the first time i agree with Milk that Cow, on SOME things,
They played back to back intence games.

They have playmakers, who were stopped cold by the PANTHERS!!

Well Coached? Maybe up until this game.

As far as the USC comparison, yea right. Had nothing to do with what happened on the field.

You think Liberty Hill has had a cake walk to get here, more balogny, thay had a tough schedule too, and just out played them on their way to where they are.

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Championship calibur teams don't make excuses they make it happen. ;)

BlueBlood
12-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
After watching the game today, my fears were realized...

The Buffs looked tired and lethargic...

They kinda woke up in the second half, but I really believe the last two ballgames Took A Lot out of them...

Liberty Hill deserved to win, but Giddings had an unbelievably tough stretch of games in Region 3 to try and bring the Championship back to Lee County...

What happened to USC in playing those back-to-back games caught up with them against UCLA...

Playing those tough, intense, nail biter, loser plays basketball games against WOS and LaVega caught up with them against Liberty Hill....

But, that's just my humble opinion...

This is the reason teams from the other regions often win games against region III--they had a cakewall to get to the semi's while region III beats up on each other. Just one man's opinion.

Pudlugger
12-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
This is the reason teams from the other regions often win games against region III--they had a cakewall to get to the semi's while region III beats up on each other. Just one man's opinion.

Actually, I agree in part to what Rundoe, BBlood, TWR and MTC all have said. LH probably had the roughest schedule in the regular season, but you don't get elimanated for losing a couple of games especially in predistrict. Sweeny tested the Panthers and gave them a good game. The Panthers then came to play against Giddings.The Buffs had a tough schedule in the regular season as well plus two big battles in rounds 2 and 3 with top 10 teams. They may have been flat for the first two quarters yesterday and got way down from a sharp Panther team. But as was said earliar on here, Champions win them all. Region III is tough but Region IV DII is as well. The LH Hondo game should be a classic.

JakefootballGOD
12-10-2006, 10:41 AM
atleast we can make excuse, because we were still playing and where is rockdale? sit at home playing xbox..so you have no a chanse to talk on this one

Old Tiger
12-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
atleast we can make excuse, because we were still playing and where is rockdale? sit at home playing xbox..so you have no a chanse to talk on this one Technically your not? I've been at home playing xbox :) It's fun thing to do. Go whine and talk your smack elsewhere.

LHPfactory
12-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I agree with rundoe, and pud you should know Sweeny was under rated big time, they had a great team with top notch athletes. We had the toughest schedule in 3A. I remember watching the Burnet game at the beginning of the season when we were just a team who lost alot of players from the year before and were picked to barely make the playoffs with a projected third place finish in 18AAA. Due to my schedule It was the first game I was able to catch, Right then and there, I was a believer, I knew there was something about that young team. LH had some leaders from great teams of the past few years and some new blood and life. I knew when these Boys figure it out and gel with experience, that they could go all the way. We were tested with big games against the greats (Cuero and Wimberley) in their houses. These loses would have derailed most teams, THEY ONLY FORGED THE HEART OF THE CHAMPIONS IN PURPLE. No smack talk here, We have a tough game against a great Hondo team. As far as Region 3 and 4, they are both tough, and its a toss up between the two. Ive said it before along with others on this post, The Liberty Hill community has had the privilege of watching this team develop into a Champion, we are not surprized , Just thrilled and proud.

God Speed to the Panthers, WIN!

Milk That Cow
12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
As far as Region 3 and 4, they are both tough, and its a toss up between the two.

Come on....

That's not even remotely true ....