12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
East Texas - 5 teams
5A - None
4A - None
3A - Liberty-Eylau, Brownsboro
2A - Tatum
1A - Carlisle, Alto

My thoughts and predictions
3A D1- I think L/E wins this week over Canyon, but they better not overlook that QB. A good passing game could deal them fits. Problem is, I think the next week Robinson lays the wood to them. Robinson seems to be playing well at the right time. my pick for the title. Waco Robinson.

3A DII- Brownsboro gets the brown kicked out of them this week by Celina. Too much sppeed, talent and tradition. Those bobcats cans be beat, but not by Brownsboro. my pick for the title. Wimberly

2A D1- Tatum plays Cotulla this week. Those boys better go get back in the deerstand cause they are in for a beating. my pick for the title. Tatum............I wish they were in the division with Mart.

1A D1- nobody is gonna beat Alto. They are starting to put up 83' D'field type numbers on defense. they killed a very good Wolfe City team friday night 42-0. Give them the trophy.

1A DII- Carlisle will go down this weekend to Lovelady. I saw a very good Union Hill team get outrun, outgunned and outmanned friday night by Lovelady. On a lighter note, i know that Windthost would have loved to have played Union Hill a little payback, as the Bulldogs have knocked Windthost out of the baseball playoffs 3 years in a row. my pick for the title. Windthorst.

So I say 2 titles for northeast Texas, Tatum and Alto. we shall see.

JR2004
12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I'll go along with Tatum and Alto. Eylau could be a third. It all really depends on how Kitchens plays for Robinson. They can't afford for him to have an off-night.

Did I read right on Smoaky that Alto has outscored their opponents 663-20 this season? That's just amazing to be that dominant.

lostaussie
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Did I read right on Smoaky that Alto has outscored their opponents 663-20 this season? That's just amazing to be that dominant.
Alto
Beat San Augustine 54-0
Beat Timpson 34-7
Beat Burkeville 70-0
Beat Hemphill 42-0
Beat Huntington 67-0
*Beat Oakwood 62-0
*Beat Grapeland 53-6
*Beat Cayuga 61-0
*Beat Cross Roads 68-0
*Beat Cushing 60-0
Beat Groveton 50-7
Beat Wolfe City 42-0
Next: Iola

JR2004
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Good Lord...I think you know you've got yourself a pretty good football team when last week's 42 point win was the 2nd closest game they've had all year. Man that's impressive.

footballgal
12-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
East Texas - 5 teams
2A D1- Tatum plays Cotulla this week. Those boys better go get back in the deerstand cause they are in for a beating. my pick for the title. Tatum............I wish they were in the division with Mart.

Ha! just like they were suppose to the last 3 weeks! :rolleyes:

JR2004
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Ha! just like they were suppose to the last 3 weeks! :rolleyes:

None of their prior three opponents have prepared them at all for what they're going to see this week. :)

footballgal
12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I guess, they should just not show up, and give them the trophy, since they have all that DI talent. Good thing, they didn't think that way, when they shut down Tommy Blake in 02.

BTW, I was just looking at the map, Tatum is way east, almost in Louisiana. Did they many student athletes, from those that were from Hurricane affected areas?

JR2004
12-04-2006, 12:45 AM
I guess, they should just not show up, and give them the trophy, since they have all that DI talent. Good thing, they didn't think that way, when they shut down Tommy Blake in 02.

The only way I think I can describe what likely will happen in this game is to reference a game from 2003 in 3A. I'm only using this game because I'm sure you're pretty familiar with it. I think Tatum-Cotulla is going to look an awful lot like Marlin and PI from that state semi-final match-up. I still remember the big argument that Marlin and PI fans had before that game on the centex board. They tried to tell y'all that PI hadn't seen a team the caliber (yes that includes the thrilling OT win against Rice Consolidated from the prior week in those playoffs) of Marlin and sure enough Marlin rolled to the tune of 41-10 I believe down in the Alamodome. Marlin, FWIW, met the same fate a week later (as I'm sure you well know) when Atlanta steamrolled them for the title as Marlin hadn't played a team as good or as fast as the Rabbits all year long.

Tatum has great speed, they're well-coached and honestly so many things would have to go wrong for Tatum to lose this one in my opinion. Cotulla is basically going to have to play error free football and I think it's just too tall an order to ask them to contain Creer for the entire game. That's one bad man once he gets going downhill. I honestly can't think of another back in any class in the state this year that I'd rather have in the backfield over him.

Old Tiger
12-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Alto
Beat San Augustine 54-0
Beat Timpson 34-7
Beat Burkeville 70-0
Beat Hemphill 42-0
Beat Huntington 67-0
*Beat Oakwood 62-0
*Beat Grapeland 53-6
*Beat Cayuga 61-0
*Beat Cross Roads 68-0
*Beat Cushing 60-0
Beat Groveton 50-7
Beat Wolfe City 42-0
Next: Iola I saw the highlights of Alto and Wolfe City. Alto is simply bigger and faster and just plain good!

Phil C
12-04-2006, 08:57 AM
These things go in cycles. I just wish the valley could have a 5A state champion some time.

Tatum_Fan
12-08-2006, 09:09 PM

BTW, I was just looking at the map, Tatum is way east, almost in Louisiana. Did they many student athletes, from those that were from Hurricane affected areas?

No, I work in the district...I believe that we had 2 maybe 3 come in from the Hurricane. If I am not mistaken none were athletes

Tatum has tradition and contrary to what many believe lots of home grown talent.